Start by marking “Desperately Seeking Epic” as Want to Read:
Desperately Seeking Epic

Desperately Seeking Epic

4.36  ·  Rating Details  ·  2,695 Ratings  ·  532 Reviews
Paul James loved Clara Bateman.
Hating her would have been easier.
She was the past, and he was hell-bent on keeping her there.
Or so he thought...

Craigslist Ad: DESPERATELY SEEKING EPIC

You’re my father.
I don’t know much about you. I know your name is Paul James, you’re a thrill seeker, and once upon a time you did stunts and people called you ‘Epic.’
I’ve been told you don’t
Kindle Edition
Published March 23rd 2016 by B N Toler

To ask other readers questions about Desperately Seeking Epic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Desperately Seeking Epic

Crave Me by M.  RobinsonEl Diablo by M.  RobinsonRoomHate by Penelope WardThe Score by Elle KennedyAppealed by Emma Chase
FAVOURITE ROMANCE BOOKS OF 2016
11th out of 69 books — 251 voters
The Fault in Our Stars by John GreenThe Story of Us by Lesley  JonesMe Before You by Jojo MoyesRaw by Belle AuroraArcher's Voice by Mia Sheridan
Books That Had You Sobbing
100th out of 560 books — 1,138 voters

More lists with this book...

Aestas Book Blog
::: FULL REVIEW NOW POSTED ::: 4.5 stars :::

“You are my most epic adventure, princess.”

OH MY GOSH!!! What an absolutely beautiful book!!

With the perfect balance between heart-breaking emotion and heart-warming love, this book completely stole my heart. It's not every day a book comes along that can make you laugh, swoon, and cry all at once, but after finishing this book, my heart was just overflowing with emotion. I loved the romance, I loved the family bonding, and I can confidently
Arianna
Jun 08, 2016 Arianna rated it really liked it
4 Stars!!

description

This was such a heartbreakingly beautiful story! B.N. Toler delivered a story about life, love, death, friendship and strength that really touched my heart. This story will move you to tears, it will make you smile, it will simply make you feel. It was equally heartbreaking and heartwarming from the beginning and it gripped me from the first chapter. Neena, Clara and Paul’s story is fantastically written and I guarantee will steal your heart from the very beginning.

“You don’t even ha
Jennifer Kyle
Mar 19, 2016 Jennifer Kyle rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs, cry-baby-books
4 STARS

"Paul James loved Clara Bateman. Hated her would have been easier. She was his past, and he was hell bent on keeping her there. Or so he thought.”

description

This was a well written “illness” book. The child of the hero and heroine is in fact dying and reaches out to her birth father. You should take that pretty seriously going in and the effect that will have on your emotions. After a posting with Craig’s List to find her father goes viral, Neena’s mother Clare pulls one last idea out of her hat t
Snow

5+ EPIC stars

Top 5 photo iStock_000016590170Small_zpsba05drne.jpg

This rarely happens to me, not being able to write my feelings down…it usually works just fine, almost like a compulsive disorder, it's like my hands are typing on their own secret language with a secret connection to my brain…but right now...
In the process of writing this I am a mess.

BN Toler's books happen to have that kind of effect on me. Every time.
And this book is no diferent.

Desperately seeking Epic…a story one can't just sum up in a few sentences cause one might miss smth
Jen
Apr 30, 2016 Jen rated it really liked it

Holy cow! What a beautiful book. When I read the blurb for this book and I started to tear up I knew that I had to read this book. I had never heard of this author before, but that didn't matter. I love the books that make you feel, even the sad ones. So I thought okay, bring on the tears!
“You only ever get a taste, and it’s never enough.”

Clara has been trying to contact Paul desperately to get him to come back home for one reason, their daughter, Neena, has leukemia and all of the treatment
Paige
4 "Epic" Stars

There are some stories in which the blurb demands that it be read. This was that book and when it landed on my Kindle I dove straight in and didn't come up for air until I was done. B.N. Toler put such a unique twist on the way she told this story. I teared up, laughed, got frustrated, and felt my heart grow. Everything an epic story demands.

Neena is dying. She's only 12 and since she's never met her dad, she put out a Craigslist ad hoping to find him. Paul James is a wonderer. He
Lea ★
Oh for christ's sake, I'm a complete wreck right now.
SPOILER ALERT: Guys, get your tissues ready. This book is a major epitome of ugly crying!
It is beautifully written, as all B.N. Toler books are, heartbreaking and sad, but also heartwarming.
I was so not ready for this. I need some time to recover after reading this.
I already know I will probably think about it for days to come.
This book just got me thinking how this life is short and we really take things for granted.
After reading it, jus
Pick a Book
Jul 05, 2016 Pick a Book rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, review
"A vida é muito curta para ser sutil."

5 " nada sutis" estrelas

Cabeça doendo. Olhos doendo. Coração doendo. Depois dessa, se você ainda não leu fica de olho no kit pra começar a ler esse livro:
- Ninguém por perto.
- Lencinhos.
- Mais lencinhos.
- Papel higiênico pra assoar o nariz.
- Um quarto a prova de som pra ninguém te escutar soluçando.
- E quando acabar, muita maquiagem pra conseguir sair na rua sem estar com o nariz vermelho.

Acho que a missão da autora com esse livro foi acabar com todas as l
Karla
Jun 13, 2016 Karla rated it really liked it
"Desperately seeking epic" was a heart wrenching, emotional, frustrating, yet beautiful story about second chance love, forgiveness, friendship, the bond between a child and parent and learning to let go.

What I like about the story was Neena actually I loved her. She was a strong, and funny sweet little girl. She was so brave to embarked on this campaign to find her father aka "epic" especially under the sad circumstances. I loved those moments when she was such a teenager, listening to her fav
Kate Phoenix
How I want to hate this book. Solely based on the feelings that this book invoked in me I’d give it 1 star but I just can’t so I give it

4 “You are my most epic adventure” stars.

Up until now I have only read one other book by this author and it was a beautiful book but unlike with this book this doesn’t have a happy ending. Well in the traditionally sense anyway.
I’m absolutely emotionally drained after reading this book. There were times during the book I was wondering why I kept on reading it
Becca
Mar 19, 2016 Becca rated it it was amazing
description

I don't really like the term "all the feels" but I think it's the only way to describe this story. This book....just emotionally drained me. Put me on the edge. Took my heart and ripped it up. And I loved it with my every breath.

I adore Toler's stories very, very much. But I think this is the best. It has all the emotions I want in a really epic story. This book's taught me so much. It made me cry, made me think, made me smile.
I can't even articulate my feelings.

description

I loved the way it was built u
✿kawehi.reviews
Mar 22, 2016 ✿kawehi.reviews rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
I received an ARC via Southern Belle PR in exchange for an honest review. Thank you!!

Teaser

After reading the plot synopsis, I'm sure a lot of you have questions about the fate of the young girl seeking her father. I'm sorry to say in respect to this, that my review will not at all feature nor give off any details regarding that book aspect.

Desperately Seeking Epic was one of those sentimental and monumental touching reads that will make you feel emotional, frustrated, and holding back tears.

It's h
[~Ami~]♥Sexy Dexy♥
Jul 22, 2016 [~Ami~]♥Sexy Dexy♥ rated it really liked it
4 stars

Alright there may be hope for me... I almost cried reading this! It was so sad!!! I felt so much for these characters and it's one of those books that will stay with me for a long time.

#readtheblurb #tissuesrequired
Emma
May 14, 2016 Emma rated it it was amazing
Words cannot describe how beautiful this book is. There's nothing I can really say that will do it justice. I remember the first time I read this author's work, it was a novel called "where one goes" and I remember thinking, god she can never top that. This story is probably even better. I genuinely was so moved by this book. A truly wonderful second chance romance that tugs at your heartstrings and really helps you put things into perspective. I don't want to give anything away about the plot, ...more
Kelli Spear
Mar 23, 2016 Kelli Spear rated it it was amazing
Shelves: best-of-2016
When I saw this cover and description a few months ago, I knew I had to read this book. I had recently finished Toler’s Where One Goes and had fallen in love with her storytelling skills. I had a feeling that as much as I loved the former, Desperately Seeking Epic would blow me away.

I was right.

Honestly, no matter what I try to say about this book, it won’t do it a bit of justice. But I assure you I will do my best.

"Life's too short to be subtle."
For me, the above is the theme of this book. It s
Heather C
Mar 23, 2016 Heather C rated it it was amazing
Shelves: march-2016, arc
I'll go ahead and throw it out there. This book WRECKED ME. I had a pretty good idea of what I was getting into based off of the blub. Or so I thought. Yet, I went into it anyway and I wouldn't change it for the world.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Here's the thing. I don't really want to give too much away. I honestly think that it will take away from your experience of the story. This book is amazingly beautiful and emotionally devastating. There is so much more to it then what you think you are getting.

We do get to see Ne
Hollie
Apr 04, 2016 Hollie rated it really liked it
I really am not a fan of "sad" book AT ALL. If I see anything in a review mentioning you will need tissues etc. that’s usually a no go for me. For some reason, I decided despite the heartbreaking synopsis to give this one a shot. Here's my breakdown:

The pros:
* I don’t usually care for books that go back and forth between the "present" and the "past" but this one was well done.
* Even for a tear jerker, it had some humorous and heartwarming moments – it wasn’t a constantly drab and sad read – it h
FMABookReviews
DNF 80% There are many 4 & 5 star reviews. This just wasn't for me.
Sofia
Mar 23, 2016 Sofia added it
<3 perfeito. meu <3 resenha futuramente escrita.
Chelsea Holder
Mar 26, 2016 Chelsea Holder rated it really liked it
4 Stars!!!

“Life’s too short to be subtle.”

I actually had mixed feelings about the story which I would detail later. First, I would like to say that this book had me hooked already from the very first chapter because I was intrigued. I want to get my answers. Why?

The story made me laugh, feel mad and be sad at some point. It didn't fail to show us how a mother / parent would do anything for their child. How ultimate their love is. I loved Neena, because despite being sick, she proved to be st
Becky Frosco
Mar 25, 2016 Becky Frosco rated it really liked it
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
Mar 23, 2016 Donna ~ The Romance Cover rated it really liked it
Desperately Seeking Epic by BN Toler
4.5 stars!!!!

“You are my most epic adventure, princess.”

A synopsis like this is like crack to an emotional reader like me. I crave those tear jerkers, call me weird but they are my favourite reads. Something about connecting to characters on such a deep level just resonates with my reading heart and while I did shed quite a few tears there were a lot more laughs.

The way this story was told was absolutely beautiful, a novel way of telling a life story of tw
Anne
Apr 26, 2016 Anne rated it it was amazing
The book is so sensitive. I just cried. And cried. And cried. Gosh!!!!
I'm silly.

Denise
I didn't cry! Haha, I find that to be a really good accomplishment when it comes to Ms. Toler's books.

4 "Everything that matters is right here in my arms" Stars

This journey was about everything you would have expected while reading. Heartache, loss, love, forgiveness, joy, anger, sadness, death, and life.

This book is a reminder to everyone with and without children to remember to never take life for granted. We are all here on borrowed time and we might never know when are last time will be t
Jully Moreira
Mar 23, 2016 Jully Moreira rated it it was amazing
' 4.5 stars' OMG ! Perfect <3
Veronika's ReaderFeeder
Mar 23, 2016 Veronika's ReaderFeeder rated it really liked it
4- Epic-Stars

description

*ARC was kindly provided by the Author in exchange for an honest review*

*Sigh* To tell the truth, I had to think a lot before I wrote this review. Because the base plotline of the story was truly great, it contained so many emotions, it dealt with a really hard subject, and yesterday when I finished this book I felt like someone ripped my heart out, this book devastated me so much, yet I missed something. Almost the whole time while I was read
Amy
Mar 23, 2016 Amy rated it really liked it
Actual Rating: 4.5 Stars!

“I fucked up,” he rasps. “I know it. I’ve always known it. But I did love you, and I’ve never stopped. Hate me for leaving. Hate me for being a dick. But don’t hate me because I didn’t love you.”

“There was no who’s right or wrong. There was only this. Us. These feelings. This want. Nothing else mattered.”

Desperately Seeking Epic is beautifully written and captivating. From the moment you pick up this book, you are immediately sucked in and become lost in the story that i
Kim
Mar 29, 2016 Kim rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed this heartbreaking story. It was so well done. I just needed a little more of the romance.
(view spoiler)
I absolutely loved B.N. Toler's dearest reader. It spoke so true to me!!!!!!
ELIZABETH
Jul 22, 2016 ELIZABETH rated it liked it
First book I've read of this authoress. It wasn't bad writing wise and in all actuality I enjoyed the main characters. The downfall for me was the flow of the story -- too slow and predictable for me. And was having to put the book down for breaks and usually I don't experience that as much... But 2016 has been sketchy for me in regards to reading ..hit or miss..until the next novel...
Angie IsA ReadingMachine
**Copy received in exchange for an honest review on Triple B's Badass Book Boyfriends book blog.**

Damn that was good.

Neena is twelve years old. And she's dying. What she wants most is to meet her dad. Not just for herself, she doesn't want her mother, Clara, to be alone.

Paul is a former stuntman but he also co-owns a skydiving business with Clara. Except for the past thirteen years he's been out of touch. But when he learns about Neena he can't help but be touched and he plans to stick around
  • Rose
  • Full Tilt (Full Tilt, #1)
  • Waiting for Wyatt: A Red Dirt Novel
  • Our Time
  • Feels like Summertime
  • A Cry for Hope (Hope, #1)
  • How We Deal with Gravity
  • Gus (Bright Side, #2)
  • Collared
  • Can't Resist a Cowboy (Paint River Ranch, #3)
  • One Day Soon (One Day Soon, #1)
  • Hawthorne & Heathcliff
  • Saving Marilee
  • Dawn of Forever (Jack & Jill, #3)
  • 120 days...
  • Don't Let Go
  • Binding Arbitration (Chicago Series #1)
  • Gravity
B N Toler lives in Virginia. When she's not reading and writing, she's thinking about reading and writing. Before she became a self-proclaimed writer, she worked as a real estate agent and as an orthodontic technician. **She will notice your teeth before your eyes or hair or anything.**
She enjoys shopping (way too much) and is on a first name basis with several employees at the local Target in he
More about B.N. Toler...