Start by marking “Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson): WITH It's OK, I'm Wearing Really Big Knickers!” as Want to Read:

Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson): WITH It's OK, I'm Wearing Really Big Knickers! (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson #1-2)

Georgia hits the big screen! Fab new bumper bind-up of the first two hilarious books in the bestselling Confessions of Georgia Nicolson series -- 'Angus, Thongs and Full-frontal Snogging' and 'It's OK, I'm Wearing Really Big Knickers', with a gorgeous new film tie-in cover.
Published June 2nd 2008 by HarperCollinsChildren'sBooks (first published 2003)

Be the first to ask a question about Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson)

Lauren
Aug 22, 2009 Lauren rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Angus, Thongs and Full Frontal Snogging was first picked up by my mother. I remember scanning the shelves in the bookstore for a good mystery novel in the young adult section when my mom excitedly lunged towards me with this book. On the Bright Side, I'm Now the Girlfriend of a Sex God was in my mom's other hand.

Being a fairly innocent twelve-year-old, having my mother recommend a book with the word "SEX" in the title was absolutely horrifying, especially in public. I remember her saying, "If y
Emily
Jan 30, 2009 Emily rated it liked it
Recommends it for: 14 year old girls
Shelves: young-adult
To be honest, this book wasn't as good as I hoped it was going to be. Maybe it's because our protagonist is 14 and I'm...really not, but in all honesty Georgia did come across as a bit of a bitch. She's mean to her friends (and Jas is mean to her back...unless the author was going for subtle undertones of a commentary on teenage female friendships...but I really don't think she was!) the language she uses is language I never used and the kids I work with don't use...it did seem like upper-middle ...more
Ashleigh;Cool x
Dec 01, 2008 Ashleigh;Cool x rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anygirl aged 12-17
Recommended to Ashleigh;Cool x by: the movie XD
This book was a laugh.out.loud book, i read it in form and laughed after everyone said to me "enjoy your book then?" and i was really confused because i didn't realised i was doing it. This book would appeal to girls aged 12-17, because it is "confessions" of a teenage girl and they are teenage ages. This book is made up of hillarious diary entries and i would most definently recommend it to read; just be sure to not read it on the tube, or anywhere in public as a matter of fact. I enjoey this b ...more
Tirzah Eleora
Oct 20, 2016 Tirzah Eleora rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: i-hated-it
1.5 stars. Georgia Nicolson is a spectacularly nasty girl. I realized that her stupid antics and enormous ego are meant for comedy, but there was literally nothing endearing about her. She is mean to her friends, self-centered, completely disrespectful of everyone else in her life and very vulgar. (Honestly, the VULGARITY!! I know this is (sadly) typical of a lot of British humour, but really, this is a book for children!)

Angus, the half-Scottish wildcat, is the only likable character.

However,
Katherine Gray
Oct 01, 2009 Katherine Gray rated it liked it
This book is a sort of fun book, a light read and with no thinking involved. Its a sort of book for lazy days with nothing to do. If i went into a bookstore i would not have chosen a book like this. Elena gave it to me as a thoughtful and fun gift. I did read it for i had nothing else to do. This book is an enjoyable read.

It is about a girl and all her problems she has with boys, friends and how she deals with it in her mid teen years. It is written in a casual and fun dairy form.

If you do not r
May 04, 2017 Sarah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Highly entertaining.
Molly
Apr 18, 2013 Molly rated it really liked it
I read the Angus series about 4 years ago (I was 12) and I thought it was great back then.

Re-reading them for my 25 Book Reading Challenge and I can safely say I think they're still as bloody funny as they were in the first place. A few bits made me cringe (I.e the 'snogging scale' and not wearing a bra) but none the less I thought it was equally as relatable as it was funny.

It really is my sense of humour. I loved the film when it came out and I love the book as well - they're so different tha
Jessica
This book contains the first two books in the Georgia Nicolson series, Angus, Thongs and Full-Frontal Snogging and On the Bright Side, I'm Now the Girlfriend of a Sex God (good grief, these long titles…). These first two books introduce characters and concepts that are heavily referenced in subsequent books (Dave the Laugh, the snogging scale, etc.). Georgia's life only gets wackier from here on out, which is why I think I prefer the later books in the series; however, these first two books are ...more
papalbina
Nov 24, 2010 papalbina rated it it was ok
Just finished the first book: Luckyly I was not that stupid and superficial when I was fourteen and luckyly I didn't read the book at that age. I don't think I could make it in the adulthood healthy after reading that ¬¬

I would prevent my little sister from reading that, although the book was enjoyable and funny sometimes and I kinda like her at the end. I was a little disappointed to see that the Georgia in the movie and the Georgia in the books is not the same person at all. The one in the boo
Tamara
Aug 07, 2016 Tamara rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If I had to decribe Georgia Nicolson in one word, the most appropriate word would probably be "bonkers." Because thats what she is. But she is incredibly likeable. She is a 14-year-old girl who is annoyed with her parents who dare to have a life at the mature age of 40-ish, and thinks about a boy all the time. But not just any boy, mind you - Robbie aka the Sex God. Having seen the film in which Robbie is played by Aaron Taylor Johnson I totally understand Georgias determination to get him.
Im n
Abbie
May 10, 2014 Abbie rated it really liked it
I absolutely loved this series when I read it a few years ago. I got the first for my birthday and read them all in a short space of time. I loved the way the characters were created and I think for me it was a very relatable book, but it was also very funny and sometimes had me laughing out loud. Looking back now I'm not sure I would enjoy the books to the same extent as I would say they're definitely for young teens but I loved following the story and the ending was fantastic, it had me crying ...more
Eva Moore
Dec 22, 2014 Eva Moore rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When I read the reviews for this book I thought, it can't really be that funny can it? Books don't usually make me laugh out loud. Sometimes I'll think, this is where the author is trying to be funny but I'm not laughing. But with this book I found myself being able to relate to georgia and think of how truly funny everything would be if I were her in that situation. So yes, this book does actually make you laugh, even if you don't laugh you will come to realise that at the least it makes you sm ...more
Samantha
Mar 21, 2009 Samantha rated it liked it
Shelves: 2009
I found Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging at the local library and was, at first, a little anxious to pick up the book, as I did not enjoy the movie version.

I am glad, however, that I did. It was a fun and quirky read with many parts of the book making me giggle.
Georgia's insight and how she sees the world was funny to read and her take on the world of boys was even funnier.
Harriet
Feb 17, 2015 Harriet rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2015
Not as good as I thought it would be. Probably my fault for having high expectations. Sadly I found the characters immature and very self absorbed. I would have liked to see less of the shorted diary entries and more conversations between Georgia and her friends and family. Think I'll stick to the film from now on.
Kathryn
Totally loved this book! I wish I had read it when I was a bit younger, but I still enjoyed it now.
The story reminded me of my own teenage years. I could really relate to some of the things Georgia went through. (I accidently shaved my eyebrows off when I was 14 too...)
Very fun read and I want to read the rest of the series now.
Nusaiba
Feb 18, 2010 Nusaiba rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
omg this book was the first book i read by loiuse renninson and after the first two chapters i fell in love this book is so realistic,funny and it also has this little lingering feeling tghat make you have to read the rest of the book and continue with the series
Timmy Naces
Sep 20, 2012 Timmy Naces rated it it was amazing
Ahhhh. . . Middle school memories. I used to be VERY obsessed with the movie, particularly the hunky Aaron Johnson. HAHAHA.

I love Georgia's sarcasm throughout the book, although, I really hate her sometimes due to her jealousy over Jas and how she treats her.

Overall, LOVE LOVE LOVE the book.
Agata Rozpedek
Feb 22, 2014 Agata Rozpedek rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read all the books in the series...multiple times. I really wish I read it when I was teenager. Whenever I feel down I reach for this book because it never fails to cheer me up. I absolutely love Georgia and her adventures and really wish there was more books in the series.
Emm
Sep 08, 2011 Emm rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
Well even through i think the main character is completly selfish, and just plain horrible to her friends, i think its still worth a read, at times it got me smiling and laughing. definatly gonna read the next one.
Smile-xd
Aug 30, 2009 Smile-xd rated it did not like it
With all the hype about it i assumed it'd be a good book. Havent seen the movie yet, but apparently thats better. As for the book, I thought it was rubbish. Boring, barely had a plot, and was very easy to read. Thought it was absolute rubbish
Kerry
Nov 18, 2009 Kerry rated it liked it
loved all of these
Taimane
Jan 03, 2013 Taimane rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned-books
HILARIOUS. I have to read the whole series!
Karina
Feb 21, 2009 Karina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a totally awsome book!!!! It is a diary of this teen-age girl from England. Totally need to read the other books. This book contains book 1 and 2 out of the 4.
Brittany
Nov 27, 2011 Brittany rated it it was amazing
i love this movie also
Meeka101
Aug 10, 2009 Meeka101 is currently reading it
i love the way its a diary and it makes me laugh so much i wud recomend it to anyone
Liberty
Nov 11, 2012 Lauren Roper rated it liked it
Shelves: ebooks

.....
??? 1 16 Sep 26, 2009 08:47PM
Wild Things: YA G...: Confessions of Georgia Nicolson 18 89 May 08, 2009 11:56PM
  • Extreme Kissing
  • African Adventure (Red Fox Older Fiction)
  • Birthday Girl
  • By Royal Command (At the House of the Magician, #2)
  • House at the Corner (Mystery & Adventure)
  • Unlovable, Vol. 2
  • The Pi**ed-Off Parents Club
  • Johnny Swanson
  • Honeycote (Honeycote, #1)
  • CSI: Serial (CSI, Graphic Novel #1)
  • My Secret Admirer (Point Horror, #4)
  • Moonshine
  • Wanted for Murder (Sweet Valley University Thriller, #1)
  • Crazy in Love
  • The Love Factor (So Little Time, #8)
  • The One and Only (Luke and Eve, #3)
  • Boy Crazy (So Little Time, #11)
  • Endal: How One Extraordinary Dog Brought a Family Back from the Brink
Louise Rennison was the bestselling award-winning author of the phenomenally successful ‘Confessions of Georgia Nicolson’ series, translated into over 34 languages and to the stage and big screen as ‘Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging’. She has won the Nestle Smarties Book Prize, the Michael L. Printz Honor Book and the Roald Dahl Funny prize for ‘Withering Tights’. Louise sadly died on the Februa ...more
More about Louise Rennison...

Confessions of Georgia Nicolson (10 books)
  • Angus, Thongs and Full-Frontal Snogging (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #1)
  • On the Bright Side, I'm Now the Girlfriend of a Sex God (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #2)
  • Knocked Out by My Nunga-Nungas (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #3)
  • Dancing in My Nuddy-Pants (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #4)
  • Away Laughing on a Fast Camel (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #5)
  • Then He Ate My Boy Entrancers (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #6)
  • Startled by His Furry Shorts (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #7)
  • Love Is a Many Trousered Thing (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #8)
  • Stop in the Name of Pants! (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #9)
  • Are These My Basoomas I See Before Me? (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #10)