Start by marking “CSI: Serial (CSI, Graphic Novel #1)” as Want to Read:
CSI: Serial (CSI, Graphic Novel #1)

CSI: Serial (CSI, Graphic Novel #1)

In modern Las Vegas, a Jack the Ripper copycat terrorizes the city. Written by Max Allan Collins (The Road to Perdition), this volume captures all the gritty realism of the TV show and keeps readers guessing to the very last page.
Graphic Novel, 137 pages
Published 2003 by IDW publishing

To ask other readers questions about CSI, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about CSI

Dane Cobain
Feb 24, 2015 Dane Cobain rated it really liked it
I had no idea that this book even existed until I spotted it in the bargain bin of a book shop in Minehead, but as soon as I saw it, I knew I needed to get it. What we have here is a graphic novel that’s based upon the escapades of Gil Grissom, Sara Sidle, Warrick Brown and the rest of the team from the original CSI television series.

Penned by Max Allan Collins, the guy who wrote the graphic novel that eventually inspired Road to Perdition, the three crimes contained within this first volume fee
Violante
-Los dibujos no son lindos. Aunque después de Saga, ¿qué comic puede ser lindo ahora?

-La historia tampoco es tan buena, ni interesante. Todo pasa demasiado rápido y no se crea ningún ambiente. No sentí miedo, asco u odio por lo que estaba pasando. Que es lo busco en los policiales, o por lo menos lo que espero.

-El final era bueno, pero la historia no me dejó tan indiferente que no importó ese final.

-Hay demasiados personajes, todos iguales, sin ninguna historia o caracterización. Me perdía ent
Nicole Bunge
For fans of the show, it's all there - down to Grissom's snarky one-liners. It's done circa 2002, so Greg is still in the lab.
The dialog is a little annoying, they say "Leuco-Crystal Violet" instead of LCV or 'blood spray' (which is what it does, detect blood) half a dozen times. Yet that's about the only piece of work-related jargon they use - so it's distracting and superfluous.
But the story holds together: A modern day Jack the Ripper is recreating their namesake's murders as painfully accura
Nicelys Cabrera
Nov 04, 2015 Nicelys Cabrera rated it really liked it
The book "Crime Scene Investigators by Allan Zullo and from what I have read so far, the book is about the steps that CSI’s do to solve crimes. They come up with hypothesis’ ,collects and analyzes physical evidence of crimes to try and lead it to the criminal and solving cases. CSI’s use forensic techniques to solve mysteries and bring criminals to justice. In this book are ten different crime scenes the CSI’s have to solve.
I think the theme is to always expect the unexpected because you never
Robert B. Miller
Read by Kelly, Spring 2006:
"I found it at the library and I watch the show on tv occasionally so thats why I picked it. The reading level is probably high school. It was a fast read and it was okay. I was thinking that possibly this novel could tie in well with English and science at the high school level. Students could read this and other YA novels dealing with forensic science in English then in science they could do a lab activity as if they were forensic scientists. I remember doing this in
Dark-Draco
Aug 12, 2013 Dark-Draco rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved it. The novels that Collins writes are suberb and this was no exception. The pics are great and I disagree with some other reviewers in that I think the artists did a good job with all the characters except Greg. Dark hair! He was the only one that looked nothing like the actor. The story was good, but slightly spoiled by a very good Jack The Ripper TV serial that was on a while ago, so some of the symbolism was very familiar, but that's not the books fault and just lousy timi ...more
Sam
Jul 24, 2010 Sam rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: crime, graphic-novel
Not really a big graphic novel fan but I actually rather enjoyed this book. The story follows the CSIs as they try to solve a series of murders based on those commited in 1880 by Jack the Ripper. The graphics of the book alternate with the re-enactments illustrated less clearly with a grittier edge to them. Although this does lack the detail of the tv and book series' it was still an enjoyable read and ones I am likely to look out for in future.
Gord
Sep 11, 2013 Gord rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Im a sucker for classic CSI so I rather enjoyed seeing the old gang back together. Im also a "ripologists" , somewhat fascinated with Jack the Ripper so it was a cool modern take on The Ripper case. I was indeed eager to follow through with this trade as quickly as I can because I needed to know how it ends. Ashley Wood's flash back panels were gorgeous.
Melissa
Feb 11, 2011 Melissa rated it it was ok
Shelves: books-i-own
Call me old-fashioned but I suppose I'm a fan of the written word. There's nothing wrong with graphic novels but I think for now, I'm still going to stick with the novels proper.

Max Allan Collins is an amazing writer and really, reading his CSI novels makes the long wait between seasons that much bearable. :)
Eric Zulueta
Dec 25, 2011 Eric Zulueta rated it it was amazing
The book tells a story that is very faithful to the world and characters of the C.S.I. tv series.. Not only that, our favorite criminalists take on a copycat killer of one of the most infamous killers of all time.. Plot twists abound!! Very highly recommended!
Kim
Dec 23, 2014 Kim rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned
Leuke afwisseling met de serie door een kort verhaal. Maar niet echt iets heel aparts
Katie Fitzgerald
No review.
Elizabeth
Aug 20, 2016 Elizabeth rated it it was ok
Shelves: ebook
Contrived plotline and uninteresting graphics. Skip.
Aricle
Apr 24, 2007 Aricle rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: CSI fans but most importantly: fans of story and art working together beautifully.
Shelves: want-to-own
The artwork and story complement each other very well in this book. The use of two different artwork styles to show different perspectives of events mirrors the way the TV show is presented.
Azura Chan
Sep 12, 2012 Azura Chan rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own-book
Just like the movie itself. Super amazing. It's a worth buy. =)
Eric
Eric rated it really liked it
May 01, 2017
Jeff Kaplan
Jeff Kaplan rated it liked it
Nov 25, 2012
Kayla Buchanan
Kayla Buchanan rated it liked it
May 01, 2016
Dr. Sharada
Dr. Sharada rated it liked it
Dec 23, 2011
Ashley Fairchild
Ashley Fairchild rated it it was amazing
Apr 02, 2012
Tammy
Tammy rated it it was amazing
Aug 10, 2014
Jade Roku
Jade Roku rated it liked it
Aug 08, 2011
Ina
Ina rated it liked it
Jan 30, 2012
Jennifer Kirby
Jennifer Kirby rated it it was amazing
Feb 11, 2015
Ariel
Ariel rated it really liked it
Apr 07, 2013
Rena Holcomb
Rena Holcomb rated it really liked it
Jun 01, 2015
Chris Burdett
Chris Burdett rated it it was amazing
Nov 15, 2012
Christina
Christina rated it liked it
Nov 24, 2016
Rebekah Rivera
Rebekah Rivera rated it really liked it
Dec 03, 2011
Mita
Mita rated it really liked it
Jan 17, 2008
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Dead of Winter (CSI: New York, #1)
  • Headhunter (CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, # 11)
  • Riptide (CSI: Miami, Book 4)
  • Skin Deep (CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, #16)
  • Blood Quantum (CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, #14)
  • Four Walls (CSI: New York, #4)
  • In Extremis (CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, #9)
  • Beginning's End (Supernatural Graphic Novel, #3)
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer: A Stake to the Heart (Buffy the Vampire Slayer Comic #7 Buffy Season 1)
  • Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace
  • Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith
  • Countdown to Darkness
  • Falling Skies
12014
Received the Shamus Award, "The Eye" (Lifetime achievment award) in 2006.

He has also published under the name Patrick Culhane. He and his wife, Barbara Collins, have written several books together. Some of them are published under the name Barbara Allan.

Book Awards
Shamus Awards Best Novel winner (1984) : True Detective
Shamus Awards Best Novel winner (1992) : Stolen Away
Shamus Awards Best Novel nom
More about Max Allan Collins...

CSI, Graphic Novel (6 books)
  • CSI: Bad Rap (CSI, Graphic Novel #2)
  • CSI: Demon House (CSI, Graphic Novel #3)
  • CSI: Dominos (CSI, Graphic Novel 4)
  • CSI: Secret Identity (CSI, Graphic Novel 5)
  • CSI: Dying in the Gutters (CSI, Graphic Novel 6)