Start by marking “Development Through the Lifespan” as Want to Read:
Development Through the Lifespan

Development Through the Lifespan

3.73 of 5 stars 3.73  ·  rating details  ·  159 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Written by a well-known and highly respected teacher, scholar, and author, this book portrays the complexities of human development in a style that is clear, readable, and enjoyable.In addition to the theme of lifelong development, the book emphasizes the multidimensional nature of development: physical, emotional, cognitive, and social as well as gender differences, with ...more
Published January 1st 1998 by Prentice Hall

To ask other readers questions about Development Through the Lifespan, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Development Through the Lifespan

Jessica Gonzalez
May 09, 2012 Jessica Gonzalez added it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Psychology Students
It wasn't very interesting. I had to get the book for one of my classes. It is a good text book, but not something I would read for fun. It would be nice if the definitions where at the end of the chapter in an list that defines them.
Theresa Ann Casper Nelson
This was my textbook for my Lifespan Developmental Psychology class, the one Psych class I avoided like the plague when I was in college the first time around. So I didn't like the class in the first place. The book is good at sectioning information out in a good way and the book is not an overcomplicated book to read or comprehend.

The dropping of two whole stars comes from the far left wing bent of the author(s). In every stage of development, problems with social issues were constantly blamed
Alice
My class textbook. According to the syllabus, I will finish reading this one on May 13th.

Update:

As I expected, we did not end up reading this entire book. I had never read an entire textbook for a class so I was skeptical of the syllabus.

My only comment is that this has way too many exclamation points for what should be considered didactic reading. I chose to interpret this as patronizing to undergrads.

Also, I am not officially done with this book since my exam is Tuesday, so I will still be
Michaela Renee
Contained a lot of quality information regarding the nature of psychological and physical development from prenatal through death. I appreciated this class text and would recommend it as a purchase for MFT's.
Clinton
Good practical, non opinion info for the parent. It is a textbook so it's not light, but I've found it refreshing compared to the glut of opinion parenting books out there.
Chole Allyson
This book was helpful for when I was studying this subject. It is not a book that I would read from cover to cover.
Cherene
Lots of info about lifespan development! Easy to read, but a lot of text.
Khazanah
Absolutely loved this book in college, wish I would have kept it.
Karina
Karina marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2015
Becca
Becca marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2015
Liz Perno
Liz Perno marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2015
Rachel
Rachel added it
Feb 11, 2015
Mania Malik
Mania Malik marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2015
Sara Benson
Sara Benson is currently reading it
Feb 05, 2015
John
John marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2015
Paulina Garcia
Paulina Garcia marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2015
Emmanuel Martinez
Emmanuel Martinez marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2015
Amanda L. Waterworth
Amanda L. Waterworth marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2015
Ruby
Ruby is currently reading it
Jan 29, 2015
  • Intimate Relationships
  • Biological Psychology
  • Personality Psychology: Domains of Knowledge about Human Nature
  • Human Sexuality in a World of Diversity
  • A Concise Introduction to Logic (Book & CD-ROM)
  • Psychology in Everyday Life
  • The Path: Creating Your Mission Statement for Work and for Life
  • Art Through the Ages 2
  • The Art of the Ridiculous Sublime: On David Lynch's Lost Highway
  • Abnormal Psychology
  • Language: Its Structure and Use
  • Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
  • Operations Research: Applications and Algorithms (with CD-ROM and InfoTrac)
  • Social Psychology
  • DSM-IV Made Easy: The Clinician's Guide to Diagnosis
  • Schema Therapy: A Practitioner's Guide
Awakening Children's Minds: How Parents and Teachers Can Make a Difference Child Development (with Milestones Card) (MyDevelopmentLab Series) Infants, Children, and Adolescents Exploring Lifespan Development. [first edition] Infants and Children: Prenatal Through Middle Childhood