Start by marking “Comparing Asian Politics: India, China, And Japan” as Want to Read:
Comparing Asian Politics: India, China, And Japan

Comparing Asian Politics: India, China, And Japan

Comparing Asian Politics presents an unusual comparative examination of politics and government in three Asian nations: India, China, and Japan. Sue Ellen M. Charlton artfully points out both the unique and shared features of politics in these Asian countries. The author elucidates the links between politics and each nation's distinctive cultural and historical contexts an ...more
Published February 6th 2004 by Westview Press (first published February 5th 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Comparing Asian Politics, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Comparing Asian Politics

Teresa Garcia
This was dense and I needed to read in small blocks so that I would not be too overwhelmed. It covered a lot, and really would benefit from having had a longer amount of time to read. I read this for one of my university courses, so I had the benefit of being able to discuss the reading with my classmates and professor. It can be read without a classroom environment, but there are sections where having a more experienced person on hand to help explain parts in another manner can help a lot.
Dev Scott Flores
Mar 12, 2014 Dev Scott Flores rated it it was amazing
Yes, it was assigned reading but I finished it before the class even started it was so palatable! Easily digestible chapters, well organized and true to the comparative title. Well worth the investment for anyone endeavoring to understand these three countries.
Garrett
Garrett rated it really liked it
Jan 16, 2014
J Cross
J Cross rated it liked it
Jan 15, 2014
Jamie Barringer (Ravenmount)
Jamie Barringer (Ravenmount) rated it it was amazing
Jan 20, 2016
Katie
Katie rated it really liked it
Feb 02, 2016
Becky Rice
Becky Rice rated it liked it
Jul 26, 2011
Sean Greene
Sean Greene rated it really liked it
Feb 28, 2016
Vivek Sriram
Vivek Sriram rated it liked it
Mar 27, 2015
Kitt
Kitt marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2012
Pete
Pete marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2012
Jay Shah
Jay Shah marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2014
Shandon
Shandon marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2014
Jake Pfeifer
Jake Pfeifer marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2014
Busch
Busch marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2015
Maggie
Maggie marked it as to-read
Dec 21, 2015
Jacob
Jacob marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2016
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2016