Start by marking “Birds in Your Backyard” as Want to Read:
Birds in Your Backyard

Birds in Your Backyard

4.26 of 5 stars 4.26  ·  rating details  ·  34 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Just pull up a chair and let BIRDS IN YOUR BACKYARD reveal its secrets for creating an irresistible garden and a welcoming landscape alive with birds and butterflies.
Published October 21st 2004 by Readers Digest

To ask other readers questions about Birds in Your Backyard, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Birds in Your Backyard

Ronda  Tutt
I just got this in the mail and after viewing it I realized it was very similar to the Birds in your back yard book I purchased a week ago, the only difference is the book cover and the years it was published. The pages are identical, not one page or word different.

RECOMMENDATION: Buy books like this from Amazon and buy them used because most of the time they are bran new like this one is. Do not purchase this book from "Shop at Home"

Here is my review:

Excellent book of information. The photo i...more
Ronda  Tutt
Excellent book of information. The photo illistrations are so beautiful and the ideas and projects are explained in simple terms with show step by step instructions.

In the Contents you get.

1. Rewards of Backyard Birds - a well round of information discusing helping nature, benefiting the birds, helping the gardner, habitats in Home gardens, woodland and shrub habitats, waterside and river habitats, flower and nectar habitats, prairie, meadow, and grassland habitats, Ecosystems and habitats, Mast...more
GoldGato
A few days ago, I watched "Sky" the Scrub Jay steal a peanut I had left for "Hoffa" the Squirrel. "Sky" flew all over the front and back yards, trying to find a safe spot to stow his find. Finally, the Jay landed next to the pond and moved several pebbles out of the way so a hole could be dug. Into the hole went the peanut, and I thought that was that. But "Sky" wasn't satisfied until he/she located a white stone and placed it carefully over the hole. Then, the bird moved all the pebbles back, s...more
Ann Keller
Did you ever gasp in delight as a brightly colored bird flutters by, then spend the rest of the afternoon wondering what kind of bird you saw? Birds In Your Backyard features some of the most common types of birds in North America with photographs, colored prints, explanations of habitat, range, and food sources to help even the most inexperienced bird watcher. Great as a gift or as a part of your permanent library.
Didi Delighted
I'm a birder, and one day aspire to planting the perfect bird and butterfly garden in my backyard. This book provided a lot of inspiration and info on how to attract not only birds to your yard, but butterflies as well. The pictures in this book are pleasing, the how to's inspiring, and the overall layout very well done. I was pleasantly surprised as I was reading the section showing how to make different kinds of birdhouses and bird feeders. I've never thought to myself, "Ya know, I oughta make...more
Sharon
This book has a permanent home on my enclosed porch, beside a pair of binoculars. I refer to it many times each season to identify a bird, or to refresh my memory on a particular bird's feeding, mating, eating or nesting habits. It is very easy to read, and well organized. Large clear, full color photography makes it easy to use.
Karyn
We enjoy watching our backyard birds. This book is a great beginners' guide to backyard bird watching. The boys enjoyed all the pictures showing all the different types of common backyard birds. This would be a great resource for our home library, but until then...we'll have to keep checking the book out from the library.
Michael
If you ever wanted to create a garden to attract birds and butterfly's, this book will be of great assistance. It identifies many flowers, shrubs, etc and what type of bird they attract. It also shows how to build feeders. It lists many commom birds and butterflys with great photos of each.
Kimberly
A highly informative book for beginner gardeners with a yen to attract birds and butterflies. Ideas for yards of all types in varying climates. The second half Is a basic field guide to species of birds, butterflies, flowers, and trees.
Charlie Wagner
Beth
Beth added it
Feb 21, 2014
Aldene
Aldene marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2014
Bill
Bill added it
Jan 02, 2014
Witch Blaster
Witch Blaster marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2013
Janet
Janet marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2013
Sarah marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2013
Matthew Birt
Matthew Birt marked it as to-read
Sep 26, 2013
Ruth
Ruth added it
Sep 21, 2013
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2013
Jamie
Jamie marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Where the Birds Are: A Travel Guide to Over 400 Natural Habitats Sanctuaries, Refuges, Parks, and Preserves Vegetable Gardening: Your Ultimate Guide The Complete Guide to Choosing Landscape Plants Landscaping with Roses Most Scenic Drives in America