Birds in Your Backyard

Birds in Your Backyard

4.5 of 5 stars 4.50  ·  rating details  ·  18 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Just pull up a chair and let BIRDS IN YOUR BACKYARD reveal its secrets for creating an irresistible garden and a welcoming landscape alive with birds and butterflies.
Published October 21st 2004 by Readers Digest

To ask other readers questions about Birds in Your Backyard, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Birds in Your Backyard

Ronda  Tutt
I just got this in the mail and after viewing it I realized it was very similar to the Birds in your back yard book I purchased a week ago, the only difference is the book cover and the years it was published. The pages are identical, not one page or word different.

RECOMMENDATION: Buy books like this from Amazon and buy them used because most of the time they are bran new like this one is. Do not purchase this book from "Shop at Home"

Here is my review:

Excellent book of information. The photo i...more
Didi Delighted
I'm a birder, and one day aspire to planting the perfect bird and butterfly garden in my backyard. This book provided a lot of inspiration and info on how to attract not only birds to your yard, but butterflies as well. The pictures in this book are pleasing, the how to's inspiring, and the overall layout very well done. I was pleasantly surprised as I was reading the section showing how to make different kinds of birdhouses and bird feeders. I've never thought to myself, "Ya know, I oughta make...more
Sharon
This book has a permanent home on my enclosed porch, beside a pair of binoculars. I refer to it many times each season to identify a bird, or to refresh my memory on a particular bird's feeding, mating, eating or nesting habits. It is very easy to read, and well organized. Large clear, full color photography makes it easy to use.
Karyn
We enjoy watching our backyard birds. This book is a great beginners' guide to backyard bird watching. The boys enjoyed all the pictures showing all the different types of common backyard birds. This would be a great resource for our home library, but until then...we'll have to keep checking the book out from the library.
Michael
If you ever wanted to create a garden to attract birds and butterfly's, this book will be of great assistance. It identifies many flowers, shrubs, etc and what type of bird they attract. It also shows how to build feeders. It lists many commom birds and butterflys with great photos of each.
Charlie Wagner
Excellent reference.
PWRL
Apr 15, 2013 PWRL marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2013-new
SM
priddymomma
priddymomma is currently reading it
Aug 01, 2014
Beth
Beth added it
Feb 21, 2014
Bill
Bill added it
Jan 02, 2014
Witch Blaster
Witch Blaster marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2013
Sarah marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2013
Ruth
Ruth added it
Sep 21, 2013
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2013
Ken
Ken marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2013
Sharon Cernik
Sharon Cernik is currently reading it
Jun 19, 2012
Angela
Angela marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2011
RL
RL marked it as to-read
May 04, 2011
Bryan
Bryan added it
Mar 27, 2011
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2011
Jason
Jason added it
Feb 21, 2011
David Berck
David Berck marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2010
Birds in Your Backyard: A Bird Lover's Guide to Creating a Garden Sanctuary Where the Birds Are: A Travel Guide to Over 400 Natural Habitats Sanctuaries, Refuges, Parks, and Preserves Vegetable Gardening: Your Ultimate Guide Birds in Your Backyard: Easy Ways to Attract, Feed, House, and Identify a Diversity of Wild Birds The Complete Guide to Choosing Landscape Plants