Start by marking “Birds in Your Backyard” as Want to Read:
Birds in Your Backyard

Birds in Your Backyard

Just pull up a chair and let BIRDS IN YOUR BACKYARD reveal its secrets for creating an irresistible garden and a welcoming landscape alive with birds and butterflies.
Published October 21st 2004 by Readers Digest

To ask other readers questions about Birds in Your Backyard, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Birds in Your Backyard

Ronda  Tutt
Nov 23, 2011 Ronda Tutt rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reference, birds
Excellent book of information. The photo illistrations are so beautiful and the ideas and projects are explained in simple terms with show step by step instructions.

In the Contents you get.

1. Rewards of Backyard Birds - a well round of information discusing helping nature, benefiting the birds, helping the gardner, habitats in Home gardens, woodland and shrub habitats, waterside and river habitats, flower and nectar habitats, prairie, meadow, and grassland habitats, Ecosystems and habitats, Mast
Ronda  Tutt
Nov 30, 2011 Ronda Tutt rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reference, birds
I just got this in the mail and after viewing it I realized it was very similar to the Birds in your back yard book I purchased a week ago, the only difference is the book cover and the years it was published. The pages are identical, not one page or word different.

RECOMMENDATION: Buy books like this from Amazon and buy them used because most of the time they are bran new like this one is. Do not purchase this book from "Shop at Home"

Here is my review:

Excellent book of information. The photo i
Sep 29, 2014 GoldGato rated it really liked it
A few days ago, I watched "Sky" the Scrub Jay steal a peanut I had left for "Hoffa" the Squirrel. "Sky" flew all over the front and back yards, trying to find a safe spot to stow his find. Finally, the Jay landed next to the pond and moved several pebbles out of the way so a hole could be dug. Into the hole went the peanut, and I thought that was that. But "Sky" wasn't satisfied until he/she located a white stone and placed it carefully over the hole. Then, the bird moved all the pebbles back, s ...more
Ann Keller
Aug 24, 2009 Ann Keller rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reference, gardening
Did you ever gasp in delight as a brightly colored bird flutters by, then spend the rest of the afternoon wondering what kind of bird you saw? Birds In Your Backyard features some of the most common types of birds in North America with photographs, colored prints, explanations of habitat, range, and food sources to help even the most inexperienced bird watcher. Great as a gift or as a part of your permanent library.
Didi Delighted
Feb 05, 2013 Didi Delighted rated it it was amazing
I'm a birder, and one day aspire to planting the perfect bird and butterfly garden in my backyard. This book provided a lot of inspiration and info on how to attract not only birds to your yard, but butterflies as well. The pictures in this book are pleasing, the how to's inspiring, and the overall layout very well done. I was pleasantly surprised as I was reading the section showing how to make different kinds of birdhouses and bird feeders. I've never thought to myself, "Ya know, I oughta make ...more
Apr 29, 2014 Sharon rated it it was amazing
This book has a permanent home on my enclosed porch, beside a pair of binoculars. I refer to it many times each season to identify a bird, or to refresh my memory on a particular bird's feeding, mating, eating or nesting habits. It is very easy to read, and well organized. Large clear, full color photography makes it easy to use.
Oct 02, 2016 SharlG rated it it was amazing
Everything you need to know to attract birds to your backyard. Great ideas about plants, feeders, commercial bird food and types of bird houses. Pictures and information of the most common birds that frequent our backyards, here in the US.
Aug 14, 2016 Susan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Beautiful book endorsed by Birds & Blooms magazine. Easy to read & very informative, with alot of really great photos! I would recommend it to any birder.
Mar 15, 2009 Karyn rated it really liked it
We enjoy watching our backyard birds. This book is a great beginners' guide to backyard bird watching. The boys enjoyed all the pictures showing all the different types of common backyard birds. This would be a great resource for our home library, but until then...we'll have to keep checking the book out from the library.
Dec 03, 2008 Michael rated it it was amazing
Shelves: gardening
If you ever wanted to create a garden to attract birds and butterfly's, this book will be of great assistance. It identifies many flowers, shrubs, etc and what type of bird they attract. It also shows how to build feeders. It lists many commom birds and butterflys with great photos of each.
A highly informative book for beginner gardeners with a yen to attract birds and butterflies. Ideas for yards of all types in varying climates. The second half Is a basic field guide to species of birds, butterflies, flowers, and trees.
Charlie Wagner
Excellent reference.
Apr 15, 2013 PWRL marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2013-new
Bree rated it it was amazing
Jun 21, 2016
Cherry rated it it was amazing
Jan 26, 2016
Margaret marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2016
Jackie Rickers
Jackie Rickers rated it it was amazing
Dec 24, 2015
Rachel Sims
Rachel Sims rated it really liked it
Jan 07, 2016
Selma rated it it was amazing
Aug 04, 2015
Karla rated it liked it
Mar 13, 2016
Luminea marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2015
Theresa marked it as to-read
May 13, 2015
Anne added it
May 07, 2015
Susan marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2015