The Saint, Surfer, and CEO

The Saint, Surfer, and CEO

3.94 of 5 stars 3.94  ·  rating details  ·  1,087 ratings  ·  77 reviews

Once in a while, a book comes along that has the power and the wisdom to speak to the best part of us and awaken our highest selves to the miracle our lives were meant to be. In this truly unforgettable guide, Robin Sharma, author of the national bestseller The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari and a man whose life lessons are currently transforming the lives of many thousands of

Published October 1st 2003 by Hay House (first published 2002)

To ask other readers questions about The Saint, Surfer, and CEO, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Saint, Surfer, and CEO

Baby by J.K. AccinniEcho by J.K. AccinniArmageddon Cometh by J.K. AccinniHive by J.K. AccinniEvil Among Us by J.K. Accinni
books i own
122nd out of 364 books — 201 voters
The Great Gatsby by F. Scott FitzgeraldPride and Prejudice by Jane AustenThe Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen ChboskyOne Day by David NichollsL'élégance du hérisson by Muriel Barbery
Florence and The Machine Book Club
102nd out of 119 books — 7 voters

More lists with this book...

Michelle Wright
This book is about determining what really matters in life- not money, not material posessions, but the real stuff of life. The main character meets with three inspirational coaches who each offer a slightly different perspective and different advice on living an extraordinary life.

Everyone should have this book
Ananda
I really enjoyed reading this book. Sharma is definitely not among my fav self-help writes, yet this book left a great impression on me. There is just one thing I really don't like about his books..they all look alike. Oh well, at least I got few good advices form this one :)
Amy
Nov 05, 2007 Amy rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: spirit
This book was referred to me by my co-worker Rich. I totally enjoyed this book and hated to see it end. I liked it so much that I gave it to my CEO for his birthday.
Assel
A good reminder of how to stay in sync with yourself
Vibina Venugopal
Robin Sharma has adopted the age old technique of conveying a message through stories like how our grandmothers used to do..I'm really not much onto self help book but this one takes your through the fictional tale that makes it readable..Jack Valentine is really going rough, nothing seem to work well for him, his job going through difficult time, he financially broke, his love life too seem to taken on a wrong path, she has left him for good to beat it all he is met with an accident..At the hos...more
Monique
Jun 07, 2013 Monique rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone looking for a simple way to open up your mind, heart and self to the world.
Shelves: spiritual
::deep inhale, then exhale:: What can I say about this book?...honestly, it opened up my eyes to things I already knew on the inside, but maybe just needed an external light to be shone upon to recognize. I've marked my book, written in it, highlighted it, tabbed it; I plan on keeping it by my side for as long as it's meant to be there. However, I could have greatly done without the ever-constant double explanations (I guess you could call them that) that made the book seem like it was trying wa...more
Niti
The Saint, the Surfer and the CEO will taught me how to conquer stress, balance life and feel good about yourself.. I Kind of had great fun reading it Finished almost in 3 days...
Beatriz Carballo
Simply amazing! Love the book and the way it makes you just feel involved all the way until the end!
Alfred Sturczer
I will always read and read again until I feel his teaching in my head))
Omar juraifani
Excellent book, and thank you so much
Leslie
This book is a parable of a man in search of a happier, healthier life. He meets three different teachers who teach him to reshape his reality and access his destiny. It is a book that will make you think about your life and what is really important to you. Here is a quote: "And if your inner world is messy and unhealthy, nothing that you get on the outside will ever make you happy. On the other hand, if your inner world is healthy and complete, the simplest and most basic of things in your oute...more
Ty
this book by Robin Sharma is a very slim volume, but i actually found it quite difficult to read. the writing put me to sleep almost immediately. i plowed through it and found it interesting in the end, but a lot of it is re-hashed (or perhaps the source?) from many other self-actualization, self-improvement authors. a good number of practical suggestions mixed in with some pseudo-mystical or pseudo-religious stuff. glad i read it, but can't really recommend it unless you are really into this so...more
Andi
May 01, 2007 Andi rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Soul searchers
I loved this book. It came to me at a point in my life when I was seeking answers to questions that I couldn't really define. This book speaks to being a better person, living with love, honoring yourself, enjoying life, finding your passion, and much more. I journaled on the side as I read it to help the concepts stick (and there were many). It was incredibly inspiring and I highly recommend it for those that seek self actualization and a peaceful existence.
Marija S.
Dec 22, 2007 Marija S. rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: lost souls
Shelves: soul-lifters
Prevedena kao: SVETAC, SURFER, DIREKTORICA

inspirativna, jaka, nadahnjujuća. Sadrži pregršt citata kojima ćete se iznova vraćati. Ključ za početak razumijevanja istinskog sebe i voljenja onog što otkrijemo na tom putu

inspiring, strong, uplifting. Has many quotes you will be going back to. A key to staring to know yout true self and loving what you discover on that quest
Arizonagirl
This is a self-help book disguised as a novel. It is full of wisdom, but sometimes feels like a collection of inspirational quotes. The book I have is a used copy by someone who truly felt that the book spoke to her as indicated by her liberal use of underlining and comments in the margins. It surprises me that she gave the book away, but it makes me smile every time.
Natalia
Great book! Expanded on the concepts from "The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari". To take from that review... this too is a lighthearted approach to a profound topic. A VERY EASY READ... but, I found to be very profound at the same time. Great starter books on a life-changing topic.... changing your approach to life to allow for greater ease (less pressure) and more happiness!
Pooja A.
Like all the Robin Sharma books.. this one is truly inspiring. Love the journey of the central character. I personally liked the lessons given by the CEO more as i could relate to a working proffessional trying hard to balance out things. The monk who sold his ferrari is still on the top though!
Dragan
Best book.
Daniele
Great inspiring book, it's a collection of many many tips about wisdom, self improvement, spiritual growth, self realization and everything alike.

Written in a form of a nice story, has to be read with attention and the will to take what is relevant to each one of us and start a change!
Pankaj Pandey
This is another fantastic work by Robin Sharma.
In a very interesting manner he has build life lessons through 3 different characters in the book.

They all teach various life impacting lessons and these lessons are deep and profound.

A must read for all who want to make that change.

Maria
I liked the concept of believing that each one of us is perfect and have deviated from our original self over a period of time, and so seeking out to being our true self would ensure a lot of success in life than believing the notions that society pressurises us to believe in.
Mahaakshay
The universe is a friendly place. A beautiful book giving us the message of the order of the universe in complete balance. Loved every page of it. And it is a must read for all those who are trying to find the answers the soul tells us to find.
Inderpal Singh
honestly, i had read so much of Robin sharma when i read this book, half of the time i didn't even pay attention. i quickly went through it, not much to tell about. a few lessons here and there well placed. but all in all, nothing special.
Vesselin Georgieff
Основната идея и посланието на тази книга съвсем спокойно могат да бъдат събрани в 3(!) страници. Дадох две звездички само заради някои цитати, които си е направил труда да събере от други автори. За съжаление нито един цитат от Кастанеда...
Prasanjit Saha
almost similar to the alchemist, but on modern lines.
Madi
A waste of your time. Not only that it is full of cliches, but the way these cliches are told is extremely childish and cheesy. Maybe with another editor the book would have been better, but not even Paulo Coelho could have saved this kind of book.
Brian
Powerful suggestions for living life to the fullest. Overlook the cheesy underlying story and focus on the information presented - there are many deep and powerful suggestions here that can change one's life for the better.
Valerie
I can see the different kinds of mentors where you want to learn the principle of life and apply it. This is good if you have no experience in this personal development, it gives you some clarity about the view of life.
Elise
I read this sporadically while on break at work. It's an uplifting and inspiring book but a bit cheesy at times. Still a nice book to steal passages from when you need a reminder about how good life really is.
Swarupa Donepudi
i truly had some quality time with this book. its a relief to have a non-fiction between fiction books. new point in it is " don't try to change urself, try to rediscover urself". this is a good one for all ages.

• Secrets of Power Negotiating: Inside Secrets from a Master Negotiator
  • Eckhart Tolle's Findhorn Retreat: Stillness Amidst the World
  • You Can Heal Your Life Companion Book
  • 52 Small Changes: One Year to a Happier, Healthier You
  • If Life Is a Game, These Are the Rules
  • Rich Dad's Who Took My Money?: Why Slow Investors Lose and Fast Money Wins!
  • Spiritual Liberation: Fulfilling Your Soul's Potential
  • The Master Key System
  • Manifesting Change: It Couldn't Be Easier
  • Less Is More: An Anthology of Ancient & Modern Voices Raised in Praise of Simplicity
  • The Four Desires: Creating a Life of Purpose, Happiness, Prosperity, and Freedom
Robin Sharma is one of the world’s premier thinkers on leadership, personal growth and life management. The bestselling author of
The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari,
Who Will Cry When You Die? and
The Saint, the Surfer, and the CEO and four other books on self-transformation.

Robin Sharma is in constant demand internationally as keynote speaker at the conferences of many of the most powerful companies

More about Robin S. Sharma...
The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari: A Fable About Fulfilling Your Dreams & Reaching Your Destiny Who Will Cry When You Die? Life Lessons from the Monk Who Sold His Ferrari The Greatness Guide: Powerful Secrets for Getting to World Class The Leader Who Had No Title: A Modern Fable on Real Success in Business and in Life The Secret Letters of the Monk Who Sold His Ferrari

“For your life to be great,your faith must be bigger than your fear.” 13 likes
“A person without self-expression is a person without personal freedom.” 6 likes