Start by marking “Flashback (American Heroes: The Firefighters, #2)” as Want to Read:
Flashback (American Heroes: The Firefighters, #2)

Flashback (American Heroes: The Firefighters #2)

Firefighter Aidan Donnelly has always battled the flames with trademark icy calm. That is, until a blazing old flame returns--in the shape of sizzling soap star Mackenzie Stafford! Aidan wants to pour water over the unquenchable heat between them. But that just creates more steam....Kenzie is not the delicate, fragile female she looks like. She has one clear objective, and ...more
Paperback, (Harlequin Blaze, #416), 217 pages
Published August 1st 2008 by Harlequin Books

To ask other readers questions about Flashback, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Flashback

Dina
May 20, 2009 Dina rated it really liked it
Very nice! Not so good as Flashpoint, the 1st book in this miniseries, but quite enjoyable. Now... Where can I get a firefighter of my own? ;)
Shawna
4 stars - Romantic Suspense

A quick, spicy, fun read featuring a firefighter as sexy as all-get-out, an independent soap opera actress ex-flame, smoking between the sheets action, and an arsonist on the loose adding some mystery and suspense...what's not to love? And although it's a Harlequin Blaze story (meaning short and steamy), it's got a well-developed plot and Jill Shalvis pens realistic dialogue. It's a fast read featuring a hot firefighter that is sure to heat you up! 4 stars!

For refer
Another hot one...

This book adds to the story begun in Flashpoint. The arsonist still seems to be at work even though the suspected arsonist, Blake, is dead. Blake's sister, Mackenzie, is in town to prove his innocence. Her only problem is firefighter Aidan Donnelly. He broke her heart six years before and now she is determined to get revenge.

Read Flashpoint first and then read this one...follow this one up with Heating Up the Holidays for Cristina and Dustin's story (it is the first in the ant
Emily
When Firefighter Aidan Donnelly is called out to another fire, her never expects to be rescueing the one that got away from a burning boat. Mackenzie Stafford was the one woman who got under his skin, and when he couldn't figure out where he wanted it to lead, he walked away. Years later Kenzie has not forgot he broke her heart and vows not to let it happen again.

I was really disappointed in this one, kind of all over the map.
D.B. Reynolds
Jan 31, 2015 D.B. Reynolds rated it really liked it
No one writes characters better than Jill Shalvis. They slip into your heart from the first paragraph. This is book 2 of the Firefighters dualogy, and you'll want to read Flashpoint, which is #1, first to get the whole story.
Kyraryker/WhiskeyintheJar
Bam! What a beginning for a book! Action right away with Aidan having to save his ex-girlfriend Kenzie from a boat fire.
I would highly recommend reading the 1st book in this series "Flashpoint" to be able to follow along with the story line. It continues the story of a fire department looking for an arsonist. Aidan and Kenzie were great characters and the renewal of their relationship was played out great.
The regret Aidan had over ending the relationship with Kenzie when they were younger felt r
Bet Lantaff
Jul 19, 2011 Bet Lantaff rated it liked it
I have tried to get interested in this. I think the problem is that I'm in a reading funk and can't settle. What I've read is good - don't think that I didn't like it. I'm just not into it. I think I'll carry it around in my purse and use it for filler when I'm waiting for a doctor visit or stuck in traffic. I really like Jill's work and I LOVE her blogs. They lady is funny. And she can really write a book. UPDATE - I finished the book and it was good. I didn't see the climax of the story as it ...more
Kerry
Nov 29, 2014 Kerry rated it really liked it
Six years of being able to walk away and then she walks right back in, throwing his life into chaos. On top of that his friend is accused of arson which really doesn't make sense, but it is under investigation. Getting mixed to find out the truth has already gotten one person hurt, but did it kill another. Can his heart survive the onslaught of her being here, getting into trouble and trying to keep he safe? great read, hihgly recommended
Anne
Feb 28, 2013 Anne rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013
Yah, I was in the mood and read this whole thing in one day. The characters were ones I enjoyed with a bit more of characters from the previous book in the series. It also continued on with a mystery from the first book that I sort of thought was solved but wasn't. And I had just watched Chicago Fire too. It all made for hot feelings. And I just love Jill Shalvis. She knows how to write to grab my emotions of all kinds. And I can trust her not to shatter my heart completely.
Rhonda
May 08, 2016 Rhonda rated it it was ok
The romance was hot but the mystery was fairly predictable. I did not read the first book in the series prior to reading this one. I like a lot of Jill's writing but because I read a lot of her novels around the same time, I had to roll my eyes at yet another arson plot and firefighter who rescues the damsel in distress. Can't we have a firefighter fall for someone he doesn't rescue or work with one time?
Becky MoJo
Jun 06, 2013 Becky MoJo rated it really liked it
A smoking hot quick read that follows Flash point but doesn't disappoint! Aiden and Lexi are thrown back together after several years apart right from the get go when the former soap actress finds herself on a boat that's fully in flames! Aiden recognized her almost right away and his heart flipped flopped as the memories can rushing back. Follow Aiden and Lexi through their heartbreaking memories and enjoy the smokin heat as they face adventure, deception, and even ghosts?!
Kaetrin
Nov 09, 2010 Kaetrin rated it it was ok
Shelves: ebook
Flashback and Flashpoint by Jill Shalvis (both) - C. These are 2 Harlequin Blaze's from 2008 set in fictional Santa Rey California and based on characters from Fire Station #34. I enjoyed the romance aspect (who doesn't love a hot, sexy, firefighter?) but was impatient with the suspense plot involving a serial arsonist, which spread across both books (which doesn't really make sense, especially in the case of the second book because it was kind of integral to the relationship but still...)
Angie
Jan 09, 2011 Angie rated it really liked it
Shelves: paper-copy-read
I really enjoy Jill Shalvis's books. This was the second book of her fireman trilogy. I think you would definitely benefit by reading the first book for the over-arching storyline, but the main characters from the first book aren't even really seen in this one. Shalvis has an amazing way of writing dialogue and making the reader understand the plot in such a short book. I've read a few duds lately so it was a great contrast and refreshing to read a well put together book.
Deb Kendall
Dec 01, 2015 Deb Kendall rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned
2nd book in the firefighters series. Its about Aiden the firefighter and Kenzie his brother firefighters sister. They were a couple years ago before she joined a soap opera in LA. After her brother Blake is presumed dead in an arson fire he was involved in Kenzie 's soap opera career has ended, and she comes back to Santa Rey to mourn Blake and prove he's innocent. Aiden rescues Kenzie when Blake's boat explodes when she happened to be on it.
Jun 26, 2012 Sarah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Carrie
Some good, some okay. Fairly typical Blaze offering with some decent story, some steamy action, and too short to do justice to the characters or the plot. ;-) Not as good as Shalvis' recent Blaze books, but a fun way to spend an afternoon. One comment: the "reveal" was clunky and not very believable. Shalvis doesn't usually do that, so I forgive this one.
Marran
Jun 02, 2012 Marran rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
cheesy cover...but a sweet book all the same..

I did some training as an ambulance EMT....to bad non of the fire fighters or other EMTs look like these guys...in that case I never would have change my mind about working on the ambulance :)
Deanna Against Censorship
I love firefighters. This is a light, quick and sexy read. Fun and a bit of mystery. Not a deep book but worth the time.
Marcella
The storyline of the first book in this 2-part series continues with a different couple to wrap up the mystery from the first book. The mystery is not hard to solve, but it was an nice enough read.
Carolyn
Jan 02, 2015 Carolyn rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, romance-2015
Another very good read and a follow up to Flashpoint. I enjoyed reading them back to back. I never expected the ending. Shalvis hits another home run.
Donna
May 12, 2013 Donna rated it did not like it
Couldn't finish.
Netanella
3 1/2 stars rounded up to 4, because hot fireman Aidan managed to put a smile on my face, on my otherwise dreary day.
Bryan
Jul 03, 2010 Bryan added it
Haruki Murakami
Lexxie (un)Conventional Bookviews
Another very hot firefighter story :D with some VERY nice smut as well. And as usual, Jill Shalvis manages to add some real romance and feelings in there as well :D Nice, quick read.
Roxie
Oct 19, 2013 Roxie rated it really liked it
Not as good as the first, but what can I say? I'm a sucker for firefighters. Shirtless ones.
Pamela(AllHoney)
Another hunky hero written by Jill Shalvis. Hot sexy read with hot firefighter. Yummmmmm! What more could a girl want? Good pacing and interesting story. Yes, there is a story here!
Jennifer The Forgetful Fairy Queen
Guilty fun pleasure read.
Emily
Oct 09, 2008 Emily rated it liked it
This had a good story and wrapped up a lot from the first book, Flashpoint. But I would recommend reading them in order, as one might be confused since the characters were already flushed out.
Karen
Apr 22, 2011 Karen rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2011
Another easy and enjoyable read from Jill Shalvis. I'm working my way through anything I can get from this author.
Goodreads Librari...: Imprints/series 14 72 Apr 04, 2012 08:31PM
  • Better Naughty Than Nice: No Mistletoe Required\Her Secret Santa\Snug in His Bed (Harlequin Blaze, #507)
  • Feeling The Heat (Harlequin Blaze #361) (Big Bad Bounty Hunters)
  • Ride the Fire (Firefighters of Station Five, #5)
  • Risking It All (SEAL, #2; Harlequin Blaze #327)
  • Dead Sexy (Skull Creek #1)
  • At Your Command
  • Able-Bodied (Harlequin Blaze #451) (Uniformly Hot!, #2)
  • Cruise Control (It's All About Attitude #3)
  • Always Ready (Uniformly Hot!, #3)
  • Tall, Dark And Filthy Rich (Harlequin Blaze #362) (Million Dollar Secrets, #5)
  • Beyond Breathless (The Red Choo Diaries) (Harlequin Blaze #297)
  • Underneath It All (Harlequin Blaze #344)(Million Dollar Secrets)
  • Pleasure to the Max! (Harlequin Blaze #414)
  • The Mighty Quinns: Teague (The Mighty Quinns, #14)
  • Hot-Wired (From 0-60, #3) (Harlequin Blaze, #465)
  • French Kissing (Lust In Translation #3)

Look for Jill's latest, LOST AND FOUND SISTERS on shelves and e-readers now, and get all her bestselling, award-winning books wherever romances are sold.

Visit Jill's websi
More about Jill Shalvis...

American Heroes: The Firefighters (4 books)
  • Flashpoint (American Heroes: The Firefighters, #1)
  • All He Wants for Christmas (American Heroes: The Firefighters, #3
  • Her Secret Santa (American Heroes: The Firefighters #4)

“You had a package. It was torn, so I looked in.” She lifted one of a stack of firefighter calendars, with his own mug and half-naked body on the cover. “Nice,” she said, a ghost of a smile crossing her lips. “Mr. 2008.” He bit back a sigh. “It’s for charity.” “And you definitely contributed.” 7 likes
“I figured you’d come here and try to do something stupid.” “I did nothing of the kind.” “You don’t consider ducking beneath that yellow tape stupid?” “Only if I’d gotten caught.” 1 likes