Start by marking “My Life as a Smashed Burrito (The Incredible Worlds of Wally McDoogle, #1)” as Want to Read:
My Life as a Smashed Burrito (The Incredible Worlds of Wally McDoogle, #1)

My Life as a Smashed Burrito (The Incredible Worlds of Wally McDoogle #1)

3.81  ·  Rating Details  ·  359 Ratings  ·  26 Reviews
Check out Wally as you've never seen him before in this special hardcover edition with illustrations! In My Life As a Smashed Burrito, the hilarious mishaps at Camp Wahkah Wahkah come to life in the new illustrations interspersed throughout the story. Readers will laugh and learn along with Wally as he discovers all about loving his enemies-even the camp's number one, all- ...more
Published May 1st 2005 by Tommy Nelson (first published 1993)

To ask other readers questions about My Life as a Smashed Burrito, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Life as a Smashed Burrito

Jill Williamson
Jan 12, 2009 Jill Williamson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Review by Jill Williamson

Twelve-year-old Wally McDoogle dreams about a lot of things. Being a writer, being a superhero, writing about a superhero. He has never dreamed of going to camp, but his father signs him up, insisting it will make him a real man. Incidentally, being a real man is another thing Wally’s never dreamed about…

Yet Wally gets dropped off at the bus, but before he even makes it to Camp Wahkah Wahkah (or Camp Whacko as Wally calls it) he finds himself pressed against the roof of
Jacob Mann
I really enjoyed this book especially because it was the first one I had read in the series and and it was the first one in the series. It's a very funny and amusing story about a geek named Wally McDoogle, Wally goes through many problems with a bully at summer camp but learns to love your ememies in the end. Overall i really liked this book and encourage others to read it as well, it is a great first book of the series and has a great moral!
Jerry
Jul 13, 2014 Jerry rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Synopsis
Wally McDoogle is a nerdy, awkward kid who, much to his chagrin, is sent to church camp by his well-meaning father. Though his friends Opera and Wall Street are on his side, he ends up getting on the bad side of the biggest, strongest kid in the camp. When their rivalry gets out of hand, the head counselor doles out a punishment that teaches everyone a lesson.

My Review
Many years ago, this series was pretty much my introduction to Christian fiction. I liked them back then, though I didn't
Kyra
Sep 16, 2008 Kyra rated it it was amazing
This series is one of my favorites. This master-of mayhem seems to be the clumsiest person in the world. In addition to being funny, he also writes his own comic strips with characters who surprisingly learn the same life lessons as him.
Emily
Sep 14, 2010 Emily rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is one of my favorite books of all time. SO GOOD. Gotta love that Bill Myers. One time I emailed him through his webiste and he emailed me back! Lots of points in my book :-)
Cheyenne
Sep 17, 2008 Cheyenne rated it liked it
This is a great christan book for kids my age and younger!But is you are around 11 or 10 you will get the jokes better in this funny book than if you were younger!
Valerie
May 30, 2012 Valerie rated it it was amazing
I wasn't the one who read this = NOah loves these books though! Bill Myers is his favorite author! I recommend him for kids book too. I like the books just as well.
Mrs. Bahns
Apr 02, 2009 Mrs. Bahns rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: kids under 12
Recommended to Mrs. Bahns by: Grandma Linda
Shelves: grant
I really like this book and the whole series. I would recommend the
book to people who like comedy. The series teaches good life lessons.
Jazi
Nov 13, 2007 Jazi rated it really liked it
Shelves:
i dont know if i will read this so if any onne has read this book please tell me
Zachary Stroven
To make friends even whith your enemies.
Jones Family
Feb 20, 2009 Jones Family rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: 10-13 year olds
Recommended to Jones Family by: my brother
Shelves: mike
This is a funny book and liked it
Redwallcrazy- My God is Healer, Awesome in Power!
Funniest book series I have ever read!
Peter
Aug 02, 2008 Peter rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
These books are tons of fun!
Nicholas S.
Oct 07, 2008 Alicia added it
it was funny
Blake
Feb 05, 2015 Blake rated it really liked it
I read this the first time when I was in Jr. High. I remembered enjoying it well enough. After rereading it as an adult, I still enjoyed it well enough. The humor is cheesy, but that's probably what I liked most about it all those years ago.
Jenna
Dec 11, 2015 Jenna rated it liked it
I read this series growing up and thought it was great! It was fun revisiting it so many years later!
the BATMAN
Jun 26, 2015 the BATMAN rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Funny! Easy read! 5 stars
Zachary
Apr 20, 2010 Zachary rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was great. This book talked about a nerd who was around 13 years old. It was very easy to connect with him because he was our age and was in our grade. Some of the things that happened in this book could happen to someone our age. The main character went to a bible camp for one week. When he was there he made an ememy with the camp bully. When everybody ahad to go on the camping trip, he had to be with the bully due to an earlier inncident. I would recomend this book to kids around the ...more
Heather
Jan 24, 2010 Heather rated it it was amazing
Shelves: young-adult
A quick book that is filled with humor and memorable characters! Gary the Gorilla is the bully at camp, and Wally manages to cross paths with him. Wally, who wants to be a writer, keeps the reader laughing in between his novel-writing and his real-life adventures at church camp. A good series that is fun and focuses on moral Christian issues.
Jeffrey
Feb 14, 2013 Jeffrey rated it really liked it
My sons picked this one up on a recent trip to McKay's. it was a quick read, full of laughs, and I was impressed with the way faith was handled. Obviously for kids, it is well worth the time. And for all those church folk who have looked after kids in the summer, Bill Myers is the creator of McGhee and me.
Johnny Bennett
My Life as a Smashed Burrito was amusing but got a bit preachy. It very much reminded me of those church kid videos that they would have us watch that were like Saturday morning cartoons, just not as good. Low and behold - the author was the screenwriter for the those cartoons.
Kori
May 13, 2015 Kori rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-with-asa
I first read this when I was about seven. I have been hooked on Wally ever since . . . even though I'm am now far above the reading level this series is meant for.
AM
May 24, 2012 AM rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I know this is in religious fiction, but I found it a little too preachy.
Toni Pope
Aug 14, 2012 Toni Pope rated it liked it
..very funny..my daughter and i often read these together..
Stephanie Griffin
Feb 01, 2013 Stephanie Griffin rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
1.5 stars. Children's Christian book.
Charlene
Charlene is currently reading it
Feb 05, 2016
Hannah
Hannah rated it liked it
Feb 03, 2016
JessY
JessY added it
Jan 29, 2016
BluBer
BluBer rated it really liked it
Jan 25, 2016
  • Death Trap (Robot Wars, #1)
  • Darien's Rise (Adventures In Odyssey: Passages, #1)
  • Trapped at the Bottom of the Sea (The Cooper Kids Adventures, #4)
  • Attack at the Arena (Imagination Station, #2)
  • Jotham's Journey: A Storybook for Advent
  • The Killer Bear (Sugar Creek Gang, #2)
  • The Trolley Car Family
  • Derwood, Inc
  • Wild Rescue (Red Rock Mysteries, #4)
  • The Root Cellar
  • Best Friend, Worst Enemy (Holly's Heart, #1)
  • The Hidden Jewel
  • We Shall See God: Charles Spurgeon's Classic Devotional Thoughts On Heaven
  • Voyage of the Dolphin (Seven Sleepers, #7)
Bill Myers was born into a Christian home, and although as a child he became bored with Christianity, he decided at the University of Washington quote, to "make God my boss." Ironically, at the University his worst subject was writing. He claims to have prayed, and said that he would be able to do anything for God, except write. Even so, he has become a prominent Christian writer, and has a large ...more
More about Bill Myers...

The Incredible Worlds of Wally McDoogle (1 - 10 of 27 books)
  • My Life as Alien Monster Bait (The Incredible Worlds of Wally McDoogle, #2)
  • My Life as a Broken Bungee Cord (The Incredible Worlds of Wally McDoogle, #3)
  • My Life as Crocodile Junk Food (The Incredible Worlds of Wally McDoogle, #4)
  • My Life as Dinosaur Dental Floss (The Incredible Worlds of Wally McDoogle, #5)
  • My Life as a Torpedo Test Target (The Incredible Worlds of Wally McDoogle, #6)
  • My Life as a Human Hockey Puck (The Incredible Worlds of Wally McDoogle, #7)
  • My Life as an Afterthought Astronaut (The Incredible Worlds of Wally McDoogle, #8)
  • My Life as Reindeer Road Kill (The Incredible Worlds of Wally McDoogle, #9)
  • My Life as a Toasted Time Traveler (The Incredible Worlds of Wally McDoogle, #10)
  • My Life as Polluted Pond Scum (The Incredible Worlds of Wally McDoogle, #11)