Start by marking “Dracula in London” as Want to Read:
Dracula in London

Dracula in London

3.68  ·  Rating Details  ·  249 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
Bram Stoker’s immortal tale of vampirism told the story of how Count Vlad Tepes came to London and met his demise at the hands of Abraham van Helsing’s vampire hunters. But how did Dracula occupy his time when he wasn’t stalking Lucy Westenra and Mina Harker? These sixteen stories take the infamous nosferatu on a tour of 1890s Londonwhere he encounters such historical per ...more
Softcover, 272 pages
Published November 1st 2001 by Ace (first published 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Dracula in London, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dracula in London

Mia Darien
Having been burnt recently by professionally promoted 'fanfiction' by well-known authors, I only jumped into this one because P. N. Elrod is among my favorite authors and I trusted her a little more than I might others.

While I cannot say I "loved" any of the stories, I was right to trust Elrod because I felt that no story in this anthology was disrespectful to what I consider the true spirit of the original "Dracula" and thus I am not disappointed.

Not really any of the tales are quite worth, to
Shannon
Nov 26, 2014 Shannon rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: anthology
One of the best anthologies I have ever read. I am not really a fan of horror, and my vampire books tend to be the Urban Fantasy type, so it surprised my that I liked this book so much. The stories mostly stay away from the blood and guts stuff, and mostly deal with Dracula the Man as opposed to Dracula the Monster.
Kingsgrave
Another Elrod anthology. In this one, I teamed up with Amy Gruss, to write a trickster tale about Dracula and a teenaged Alistair Crowley.
Sep 13, 2012 Laura rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is an anthology of short stories about (gasp) Dracula in London, and what he might have been doing when not caught up in the action of Bram Stoker's Dracula . The genre of the stories ranges from comedic to creepy, sometimes presenting Dracula as the perfect gentlemen, and other times showing off his more monstrous side. In a few stories, Dracula does not make an appearance at all, but is instead mentioned by the main characters.

Despite not being a fan of short stories, I really enjoy
Susan
Feb 23, 2016 Susan added it
Shelves: anthology, hc-sc, 2006, 2015
"To Each His Own Kind" by Tanya Huff collected in Relative Magic 5/2/2006 reread 3/31/2015
Box Number Fifty by Fred Saberhagen 5/3/2006
Everything to Order by Jody Lynn Nye 5/13/2006
Long-Term Investment by Chelsea Quinn Yarbro 5/14/2006
"Places for Act Two!" by Brad
Dharia Scarab
Jul 04, 2014 Dharia Scarab rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not a bad anthology, but I wouldn't read it a second time.

3 stars... This book was ok, but I won't go out of my way to read more, But if I find another
Chere
Feb 07, 2012 Chere rated it really liked it
I love vampire fiction, and Dracula remains for me one of the most fascinating figures -- both seductive and repulsive. This collection serves up interesting tales about the most (in)famous vampire, sometimes putting him in a sympathetic light and other times depicting him as a beast.
Janet
Jul 13, 2008 Janet rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: vampires
These are all short stories by authors who write novels about vampires. The best vampire authors. They each write a story that is a take on Dracula in London during his times. It's fascinating the different creative takes on him, from he's really a hero to he's really stupid.
Craig
Nov 02, 2010 Craig rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a nice if somewhat narrow collection of stories about Dracula in London, just as the title promises. The selection is somewhat up-and-down, with particularly enjoyable stories from Tanya Huff, Fred Saberhagen, and Gary Braunbeck.
Keith
Oct 17, 2013 Keith rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
'Dracula in London' is an interesting series of short stories about "Dracula in 1890's London". Each story is written by a different author. The short stories were good to not so good in their likeability.
Chris
This collection includes several stories that tie in with Stoker's novel and do so well. In other words, you can tell the editor and authors have read Dracula more than once.
Stefan Jung
Jan 01, 2014 Stefan Jung rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this collection of short stories, lots of fun. Recommended for fans of short stories and vampire stories.
Jessie
Jan 23, 2013 Jessie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who likes the Dracula books
Good book, but was hard to get into without reading the original Dracula.
Don
I loved the whole premise of the collection.
Connie
Interesting. Different. Thought-provoking.
Unicorn-san
A random pick that turned out good.
Mira
Jan 22, 2010 Mira rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Easy, breezy bus reading material.
Jere Jenkins
Jere Jenkins rated it really liked it
Apr 29, 2016
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2016
Emma
Emma rated it really liked it
Apr 18, 2016
Jane Jones
Jane Jones marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2016
Megan
Megan marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2016
Wendy Maringelli
Wendy Maringelli marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2016
angela
angela marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2016
Roger
Roger added it
Mar 25, 2016
Pizzadog
Pizzadog rated it liked it
Mar 29, 2016
Vivian Rose
Vivian Rose marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2016
  • The Vampire Sextette
  • Shudder Again: 22 Tales of Sex and Horror
  • Elf Fantastic
  • The Year's Best Fantasy and Horror: Fifteenth Annual Collection
  • A Coldness in the Blood (Dracula Series, #10)
  • The Wild Side: Urban Fantasy with an Erotic Edge
  • Those Who Fight Monsters: Tales of Occult Detectives
  • Evolve: Vampire Stories of the New Undead
  • The Mammoth Book of Vampires
  • Twice Upon a Time
  • Memoirs (Saint-Germain, #21)
  • The Penguin Book of Vampire Stories
  • The Many Faces of Van Helsing
Patricia Nead Elrod is an American fantasy writer specializing in novels about vampires. Her work falls into areas of fantasy and (in some cases) mystery or historical fiction, but normally not horror, since her vampires are the heroes. -Wikipedia
More about P.N. Elrod...