George Preddy: Top Mustang Ace

George Preddy: Top Mustang Ace

3.5 of 5 stars 3.50  ·  rating details  ·  2 ratings  ·  2 reviews
This is a biography of Major George E. Preddy, Jr. who became the leading active ace in the European Theater of Operations during World War II. When he was killed on Christmas Day 1944 by Allied ground fire, he was the top P-51 Mustang ace of all time, with 27 aerial and five ground victories. George's younger brother, Bill, was killed on April 17, 1945 while strafing an e...more
Published July 1st 1991 by Motorbooks International

To ask other readers questions about George Preddy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about George Preddy

Gordon Cartee
When I initially discovered this book I was worried that descriptions of the flight combat would soar over my head (pun intended), but it didn't. Oh yeah, and the reason I picked the book up in the first place is because my grandfather is a character in it. He is James G. Cartee, who flew alongside Preddy.
KOMET
A good, concise account of George Preddy's combat career, which began with fighting the Japanese over Northern Australia to battling the Luftwaffe over Europe, where he proved an adept proponent of the P-51 Mustang, his star blazing bright before his untimely death from friendly fire in December 1944.
Dan
Dan added it
Jul 31, 2013
Justin Paulo
Justin Paulo marked it as to-read
May 28, 2013