Start by marking “The Magical Christmas Cat (Breeds, #17; Feline Breeds, #11; Murphy Sisters, #2; Psy-Changeling, #3.5)” as Want to Read:

The Magical Christmas Cat (Breeds #17 (Christmas Heat))

4.06  ·  Rating Details ·  9,351 Ratings  ·  383 Reviews
Put a little "meow" in their stocking this year with these tales of Christmas and felines―from beloved bestselling authors!

New York Times bestselling author Lora Leigh and top-selling authors Nalini Singh, Erin McCarthy, and Linda Winstead Jones have a special gift for readers this year: heartwarming holiday stories featuring passionate romance, paranormal adventure, and
Published October 7th 2008 by Berkley (first published October 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about The Magical Christmas Cat, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Magical Christmas Cat

Sophia Triad
Nov 24, 2015 Sophia Triad rated it it was amazing
(The review is only for Lora Leigh’s story: Christmas Heat)
Breeds 17
Feline Breeds 11
Featured Couple: Noble (Jaguar) & Haley (Human)

Noble is a Breed Enforcer and he already knows for some time now that librarian Haley is his mate. Noble is trying to avoid the mating because he is scared for Haley’s safety.

Haley has overheard some information about the people plotting against the Breeds and Noble runs to protect her. When the mating heat kicks in, Noble is trying really hard to suspend it and
Julie (jjmachshev)
Sep 10, 2008 Julie (jjmachshev) rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2008-reads
"The Magical Christmas Cat" is a collection of four hot stories by four well-known paranormal romance authors. I enjoyed that each author used a different 'take' on the whole cat theme. In this anthology we have a leopard shifter, a witch's familiar, a demon that resides in a jade cat, and a Jaguar 'breed' enforcer.

Stroke of Enticement by Nalini Singh. A Psy-Changeling story about Zach, a sexy leopard shifter who meets his mate, a human...and will use both his instincts, cat and man, to lure he
Heather
Jul 24, 2008 Heather rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of Lora Leigh's "Breed" series
Shelves: queuemyreview
Reviewed for queuemyreview.com book release October 08

The Magical Christmas Cat is a romantic and sometimes erotic anthology featuring a few of my favorite authors. Each story has the distinction of a little “feline” touch. We have a paranormal romance from Nalini Singh about a leopard changeling falling in love with a reluctant schoolteacher. In Erin McCarthy’s story we have a witch with a matchmaking kitty-cat. Linda Winstead Jones gives us a demonic story about a possessed cat shaped knick-kn
Kathrynn
I enjoyed each of the four stories in this slightly smaller trade paperback/Christmas anthology:

1. "Stroke of Enticement" by Nalina Singh (Psy-Changeling, #7) and wow. Made me rush out and buy #1 in her series. The characters were Zach Quinn and Annie Kildaire.

Rated PG-13 (4 1/2 Stars)

2. "Christmas Bree" by Erin McCarthy (Murphy Sisters, #2) was okay, but it was all about sex. The characters were Bree Murphy and Ian Carrington in Cuttersville, Ohio. For me, this one was like eating a sandwich w
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Please note that this rating/review is only for Nalini Singh’s Stroke of Enticement

If Singh writes anything set in the Psy-Changeling world, then I’m going to read it! Stroke of Enticement is about Annie, a super cool human (and I’m not just saying that because we share the same name!) and a super sexy changeling named Zach.

Most of the magical romance happens within the first 48 hours of meeting each other. But Singh does fast track a month after to see the dynamics of relationship. The fast-fo
Monique
Apr 12, 2012 Monique rated it it was amazing
Reread (Jul 11, 2014)

The way Nalini writes her changeling men *shivers*

Originally read (Apr 18, 2013)

Zach and Annie have had brief mentions and appearances throughout this series and now we finally get to read their story. I loved these two so much!

Zach is just so deliciously possessive. I love the way Nalini write her changeling men. They are just so toe curlingly amazing. And I really liked Annie. It wouldn't have been easy to watch her parents marriage fall to pieces and become cold and dista
Talltree
Aug 22, 2016 Talltree rated it really liked it
Read/rated only the NS and EM stories.
Mojca
I was surprised, and pleasantly so, by Nalini Singh's contribution. It's the first story I've read by this author and I have to say I'm literally itching to read more about the Psy-Changeling universe. I know the market is inundated with shifter stories, yet this series apparently has a slightly different angle and I loved what I've read so far.
The characters were alive and well-developped, the conflict more than believable, and the plot, though holiday oriented and not much of a shocker was ni
Leah
THE MAGICAL CHRISTMAS CAT - 2.875 STARS

"Stroke of Enticement" by Nalini Singh - 4.5 stars

This story was very cute. Zach and Annie were very cute, I loved Bryan, and I liked the Mercy cameo. The only thing that sucked was that apparently I can't even get through a damn novella without Sascha popping up somewhere!

Favorite Quote:
"Strength is for protecting, not hurting."
(Page 8)

"Christmas Bree" by Erin McCarthy - 4 stars
Okay, this story was hilarious, just like the one about Charlotte, Bree's older
Autumn
Jun 05, 2011 Autumn rated it really liked it
Rating for Stroke of exitement

I had only read a tiny bit about Zach in Mine to Possess. But since the story takes place in the familiar DarkRiver pack, it feels like home!

I enjoyed the changeling world way too much!! and when humans are involved , its even better! :)

the story it self its pretty separate from the series, so you dont have to worry about reading it in order.

overall it was 4 shiny stars!! to Anny and Zach
Midu Hadi
AlwaysV
Oct 22, 2014 AlwaysV rated it it was amazing
Nalini Singh's Stroke of Enticement is such a magical novella. A wish from a lonely little girl has materialized in a form of the DarkRiver leopard. There is also a bonus for me, personally :) I've noticed Kaleb for the very first time!
Becky
This breed story was shorter as it is part of an anthology, but man was it good! The characters were great and there was lots of action. Sometimes shorter is better!
Dawn
Feb 02, 2014 Dawn rated it really liked it
Shelves: pnr, 2014-books
A mini review I only read two stories out of this book

"Stroke of Enticement" by Nalini Singh
This is the first story I have ever read in the Psy-Changeling series where we have a human and changeling match and you know what I loved it!! As a child Annie is in an accident that almost takes her life but she does not walk away completely unscared. Now she lives with a limp that often causes her pain but for the most part Annie is at peace with her life. Until the day Zach walks into her classroom a
Barbara ★
This was ok. Nalini Singh and Lora Leigh's short stories were good but the other two were merely average. Please keep in mind that I'm not a fan of anthologies. I like my stories with a little more development and a little more meat to them.

Stroke of Enticement - Nalini Singh
Excellent story with a sweet romance. Human Annie has trust issues and shifter Zach falls instantly in love.

Christmas Bree - Erin McCarthy
I didn't like this one...too trite. Strangers Bree and Ian have been having the same d
valee
Apr 19, 2011 valee rated it really liked it
IMPORTANT : I only read Nalini Singh's novella.

This is a really sweet and short story, definitely worth your time. In it we read about a DarkRiver soldier who finds out his mate is a human. Annie is not the woman you picture while describing the perfect heroine ... She is a human teacher, not power whatsoever. Not only that, but she wasn't the most pretty out there, nor the one with the strongest will or character. She is a sweet woman who adores kids and wishes to be happy. It may sound boring
Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)
** Please note that this rating/review is only for Lora Leigh's "Christmas Heat" only.

Christmas Heat - Rated: 4 Stars

This one takes place near Sanctuary.

We have Haley a human librarian and Noble a breed. They have been friends, but both feel more for the other, yet they don’t show it. When Haley’s life is endangered Noble is going to protect her and confront his feelings.

It was a sweet, sexy, hot and entertaining Christmas Novella. I enjoyed watching these two finally come together after denyi
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
Only read "Stroke of Enticement".

I really enjoyed this short, sweet psy-changeling story about Annie, a human, and Zack, a changeling. It's basically about them meeting and falling in love. I enjoyed it because it was short and sweet and there were no subplots or bad guys to worry about. But that being said, it was no where as intense ~ or hot ~ as the rest of the psy-changeling books. Definitely worth reading though.

Loved this:

"Are you calling me your gift?"

"Yes." She smiled. "How do you feel
Dina
Story available in print format in The Magical Christmas Cat anthology.

Merged review:

Read:
- 'Stroke of Enticement' by Nalini Singh (5 stars)
- 'Christmas Bree' by Erin McCarthy (3 stars)
- 'Christmas Heat' by Lora Leigh (4 stars)

Did Not Read:
Loved this one, 5 stars

Christmas Bree - Erin McCarthy
Liked this one, 3.5 stars

Sweet Dreams - Linda Winstead-Jones
This one was a little 'meh' for me. I wasn't too keen on the heroine but thought Zane was quite intersting, 2 stars

Christmas Heat - Lora Leigh
Liked this one, 4 stars
Dee
Originally read Lora Leigh's Breed story back in July 2011 and finally got around to Nalini Singh's Psy-Changeling story October 2013
Amy
Containing 4 short stories, this book was really incredible. I think I was deciding to get the Christmas books I hadn't found before Christmas out of the way, but whatever the reason I picked it up, it was a great one!

The book starts with "Stroke of Enticement" by Nalini Singh. I'm not sure I've ever read anything like this. There were some aspects that seemed a little familiar, but I don't think I've read about MPsy's before. Regardless, I loved the strong family dynamic. The character developm
BJ Rose
As usual with anthologies, you have a strong story, a weak story, and others in-between. Since she is the reason I got the book to begin with, I guess it's no surprise that I think Nalini Singh's is the strongest of the four, and maybe the others suffered from comparison.

3.5* - Stroke of Enticement by Nalini Singh: I really liked the letter to Santa from the hospitalized young Annie, and I think it raised my expectations of how that would/could develop, but the limitations of the short story let
Denni
Nov 28, 2008 Denni rated it really liked it
Nalini Singh, another great story from this excellent author. Zach Quinn (a playful leopard) courts Annie the schoolteacher.

Erin McCarty, couldn't get into this one & didn't finish reading.

Linda Winstead Jones, a little dark for my taste but a well written story. Professor Zane is also a member of an ancient secret order of guardians, his neighbor Ruby the baker has been gifted with a cat statue containing an ancient evil which Zane must defeat to save Ruby.

Lora Leigh, fans of Ms. Leigh won'
Asounani
Mar 08, 2017 Asounani rated it really liked it
Bastante entretenida. Me gustó la pareja tenían muy buena química.

Gracias a los Dioses se decidieron de A, era detestable.
Emily
May 22, 2010 Emily rated it it was amazing
Again with the short story anthology! This one, aside from having a really cute cover, featured story offerings by two of my favorite authors (Nalini Singh and Lora Leigh) so I was pretty sure going into this book that I would enjoy it. I was pleasantly surprised, however, to discover that I enjoyed the other two stories just as much. This was the perfect thing to put me in the mood for Christmas.

The first story was Stroke of Enticement by Nalini Singh and is part of her Psy-Changeling series. T
Melindeeloo
Feb 16, 2010 Melindeeloo rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Don't Wait - Definitely DO Open Before Christmas

If you are a fan of Nalini Singh's Psy-changelings or Lora Leigh's Breeds, you will not want to miss The Magical Christmas Cat, both of authors' stories were simply terrific romances and either one of them make this book worth your hard earned cash. But wait there's more, for no additional cost, you get a `dreamy' witchy romance by Erin McCarthy and a fantasy tale `to die for' from Linda Winstead Jones.

My favorite of the bunch was Nalini Singh's "S
Sheryl Tribble
Jan 02, 2014 Sheryl Tribble rated it it was ok
I don't read romances much anymore and so wasn't familiar with any of the authors in this collection. On the back it said the stories were paranormal romances with "a distinctly alluring feline touch." I thought, "cute cats, paranormal romance, what could go wrong?"

Oh, so many things...

Actually, so far it's been quite readable (I've finished three of the four). I'd give it three stars, easy, if I weren't annoyed with the grave lack of cute cat stories.

The first story, Nalini Singh's Stroke of E
Vanessa theJeepDiva
Nov 25, 2009 Vanessa theJeepDiva rated it really liked it
This book is filled with four short stories that revolve around Christmas and a cat. Two of the cats are the characters; one cat is the actual for legged variety pet that is always at the right place and the right time with the mistletoe, the other is a jade figurine that houses an evil demon.

Stroke of Enticement by Nalini Singh, 4 stars. This is part of Singh’s Psy-Changling series. This short story can be skipped; the characters that are in the story do not have large roles in the other books
Megan
Stroke of Enticement by Nalini Singh- Book #5.5 Psy-Changeling. 4 stars. I had read another short story by Ms. Singh, which I didn’t enjoy because her world was way over my head. This was much more enjoyable, and more about the romance/story between Zach and Annie. Zach is a cat changeling and when he meets his nephew’s teacher at school (Annie) he instantly knows she’s his mate. The problem is he has to overcome her commitment and insecurity issues.

Christmas Bree by Erin McCarthy- Book #2 of th
  • An Enchanted Season (Psy-Changeling #0.5; Murphy Sisters #1)
  • Beyond the Dark (Includes: Tale of the Demon World, #5; Breeds, #13; Wolf Breeds, #5)
  • Hot Spell (Demon World, #2; Breeds, #6; The Guardians, Prequel)
  • Wolf School (Psy-Changeling, #9.1)
Lora Leigh lives in the rolling hills of Kentucky, often found absorbing the ambience of this peaceful setting. She dreams in bright, vivid images of the characters intent on taking over her writing life, and fights a constant battle to put them on the hard drive of her computer before they can disappear as fast as they appeared. Lora’s family, and her writing life co-exist, if not in harmony, in ...more
More about Lora Leigh...

Breeds (1 - 10 of 29 books)
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • The Man Within (Breeds, #2; Feline Breeds, #2)
  • Elizabeth's Wolf (Breeds, #3; Wolf Breeds, #1)
  • Kiss of Heat (Breeds, #4; Feline Breeds, #3)
  • Soul Deep (Breeds, #5; Coyote Breeds, #1)
  • The Breed Next Door (Breeds, #6; Feline Breeds, #4)
  • Megan's Mark (Breeds, #7; Feline Breeds, #5)
  • Harmony's Way (Breeds, #8; Feline Breeds, #6)
  • Tanner's Scheme (Breeds, #9; Feline Breeds, #7)
  • Wolfe's Hope (Breeds,  #10; Wolf Breeds, #2)

“Are you calling me your gift?"

"Yes." She smiled. "How do you feel about that?"

"Like it's my turn to be unwrapped."

He nibbled at her mouth. "Do it slow.”
20 likes
“I'll tell Mom I'm bringing someone and that we'll be late."

"Yeah. It'll give your date time to find another partner." That lethal edge was back in his voice.

Her stomach muscles tightened. "Zach?"

"Might as well get this out in the open." He pulled the car into a small layby and turned to brace his hand against the top edge of her seat. "I'm not real good at sharing.”
5 likes