Surviving Sharks and Other Dangerous Creatures

Surviving Sharks and Other Dangerous Creatures

3.84 of 5 stars 3.84  ·  rating details  ·  44 ratings  ·  7 reviews
On rare occasions, wild animals like cougars, grizzly bears and alligators can pose a deadly threat to humans. Sometimes with little or no warning, wild animals attack. Few will pick a fight with humans, but most will defend themselves if they are cornered or surprised or defending their young.

In this book you will read about the incredible life-and-death ordeals of young...more
Published January 1st 2006 by Scholastic

To ask other readers questions about Surviving Sharks and Other Dangerous Creatures, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Surviving Sharks and Other Dangerous Creatures

Debbie
I know that Alan Zullo rolls out these collections of creative nonfiction short stories every few years for Scholastic, and my struggling readers love them. I don't gravitate in that direction very often, though, so I thought I'd give this one a chance.

Zullo starts with a forward about how these stories are true, fact-wise, but he made up the dialogue and inner monologues to make the stories more interesting. Then he shares statistics about how often these kinds of wild animal attacks happen - f...more
Kyle
I liked tis book because it was pushing you to read on. When you finished a chapter you would read another and another! There are lots of scary but interesting stories of kids our age getting attacked by different animals like cougars, moose, bears, wolves, crocodiles, so on. I would recommend this book only if you want to get scared of animals. I think you should.
Heather Burdette Quinn
The cover art is misleading - the book contains only one shark attack story; the other nine tales are all about the "other dangerous creatures," which range from gators to rhesus monkeys. Allan Zullo's nonfiction books for Scholastic are high interest and easy to read; perfect for upper elementary and middle school classroom libraries.
Zach Costello
This book is about young teens and children who have been attacked by various animals and have lived to tell the tale. In one story of this book a boy lived with his father in alaska in a logging camp. One day he is attacked by a wolf but is saved. He got many injuries from the attack. There are other stories in this book when young people who get attacked by animals but live. This is a book for anyonekids and adults who likes to read true stories.
Dayna Smith
This is a short collection of true stories about people who have survived attacks by dangerous animals. A great way to introduce reluctant readers to nonfiction. The tales are not graphic, but they are entertaining.
Zackery
I thought this book was ok. I also thought it was cool to see how they managed to survive and succeed in life after their attack.
Debbie
A collection of true stories of kids who survived a variety of attacks by wild animals.
Linda Hodgkins
Linda Hodgkins marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2014
Sierra Turnquest
Sierra Turnquest marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2014
Januza
Januza marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2014
Melina
Melina added it
Jun 15, 2014
Joe
Joe is currently reading it
Jun 11, 2014
Gabbie
Gabbie marked it as to-read
May 08, 2014
مارو مارو
مارو مارو marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2014
Sara Allegood
Sara Allegood marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2014
Zack
Zack added it
Mar 15, 2014
Jan Milli
Jan Milli marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2014
Shelley
Shelley marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2014
Tessa
Tessa added it
Feb 08, 2014
Noah
Noah marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Allan Zullo is an American non-fiction writer. He is the author or co-author of more than eighty paperbacks for adults and children.

A native of Rockford, Illinois, Zullo graduated from Northern Illinois University in 1969 with a degree in journalism. His books include The Baseball Hall of Shame and Baseball Confidential (both co-written with Bruce Nash), A Boomer's Guide to Grandparenting (co-writ...more
More about Allan Zullo...
Survivors: True Stories of Children in the Holocaust Escape: Children of the Holocaust Heroes of the Holocaust: True Stories of Rescues by Teens True Tales of Animal Heroes Battle Heroes: Voices from Afghanistan (Ten True Tales)