Start by marking “Runaway” as Want to Read:

Runaway

3.83 of 5 stars 3.83  ·  rating details  ·  492 ratings  ·  17 reviews
Audiobook
Published 2004

To ask other readers questions about Runaway, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Runaway

Linnae
Meredith Marchant is a public defender. She is also a single mom to a rebellious 15-year-old daughter, Deedee. After a particularly heated fight, Deedee runs away with an older man (whom her mother has forbidden her to date). When days pass and she doesn't return, shy but competent Detective Enos Fauler is put on the case, and together, he and Meredith trek across country--even going as far as the Bahamas to locate Deedee before it's too late.

Suspenseful. The action really picked up once they go
Gregory
This was my first Mormon mystery novel and I guess you could say it was about what I expected. I never liked spiritual insertions in books. I think that it is okay where it feels natural and right, but most of the time the references to the sons of Helaman or the Book of Ecclesiastes seems out of place and forced. Cliches bother me (i.e. in the nick of time, filled his heart with hope) but they annoy me even more when they are repeated within subsequent paragraphs or pages. Little mistakes (i.e. ...more
Marsha Reynolds
I read this book out of curiosity as the author is from my hometown. Skeptical initially, I was quickly drawn into the plot and it continued to hold my interest. Kudos to Clair for writing a clean novel!
Bettie Kunz
I thought this book was an easy book to read. I felt sorry for the poor mom that just didn't have the opportunity to contact her daughter, then got in a heap of trouble herself.
Emily
This was a fun book for me as I know Clair. He used to be my Grandma's bishop. The book started out in Duchesne, which was my Grandma's hometown.

Clair jumps right into the intense plot and gets you involved in the story right away about a young teenage girl who runs away from home with her boyfriend. When she is ready to return home, her boyfriend talks her out of it and they flee UT. She fears what will happen to her and doesn't put up much resistance. At times I had a hard time putting down t
Stan
I gave it a two-star rating because, to be honest, I found it very amusing. The book kept me chuckling the entire time, I must admit.The narrator (I listened to the audiobook) also lent to that with her dramatic reading style that really seem to fit the book itself.

Despite the literary critique side of me whispering certain things in my ear, I'm glad I listened to this, and have told my wife that she'd probably find it enjoyable as well.

I'll just leave it at that. :)
Stan Crowe

I'll just leave it at that. :)
Amber
I was actually quite surprised. I have read some of this authors writings before and found myself knowing the end before I finished the first chapter. But this one had decent character depth and plot outline. I was scared with them, laughed with them, and even cried with them. Great clean wholesome read!
Patricia
I like Poulson's books. This one was a bit different from usual because some of it occurred outside of Utah. I liked the characters (and disliked the ones I was supposed to dislike).
Hayley
Okay, so I am a closet reader of LDS fiction. They are horribly written, but a great, cheesy romance with a little suspense. Quite enjoyable.
Debbie
This was just as good a book the second time that I read it as it was the first time.
Stacy
A bit too many things going on in this story. It was a bit confusing.
Lisa
A lot like the movie Taken but LDS version. I really enjoyed it.
Fay Klingler
Another great Poulson book!
Tyler Holmes
Another good book.
Own: Book/CD
Daci J.
Daci J. marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2015
Angela S
Angela S marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2015
Monica  Thoma
Monica Thoma marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2015
Heather
Heather is currently reading it
Feb 24, 2015
Emilee
Emilee marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2015
  • Above Suspicion (Haggerty Mystery, #3)
  • Breaking Point
  • Vanished (Maggie McKenzie Mystery, #1)
  • The Deep End (Undercurrents, #3)
  • Pathway Home  (Yesterday's Love, #4)
1986241
Clair M. Poulson was born and raised in Duchesne, Utah. His father was a rancher and farmer, his mother a librarian. Clair has always been an avid reader, having found his love for books as a very young boy.

He has served for forty years in the criminal justice system. Twenty years were spent in law enforcement, ending his police career with eight years as the Duchesne County Sheriff. For the past
More about Clair M. Poulson...
I'll Find You Blind Side Mirror Image: Lost and Found Don't Cry Wolf