Start by marking “Cowboy Boots and Glass Slippers” as Want to Read:
Cowboy Boots and Glass Slippers

Cowboy Boots and Glass Slippers

ONCE UPON A TIME, A GIRL FROM SMALLTOWN, TEXAS, WAS "AMERICA'S CINDERELLA."

But Lacey McCoy traded her glass slippers for cowboy boots and vowed to make her own dreams come true. Trouble was, who'd hire an ex-countess with no experience?

"Iron" Will Proffitt, that's who. Harboring a powerful grudge, the rugged rancher gave Lacey the dirtiest jobs, certain she wouldn't last.

Published November 1st 1999 by Silhouette Books (first published October 1st 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Cowboy Boots and Glass Slippers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cowboy Boots and Glass Slippers

These review books for work are killing me. I actually felt my IQ dropping while reading this.
Generally gentle romances are not my thing, but I can definitely understand why Jodi O'Donnell has been a finalist for the Romance Writers of America's RITA Award as well as a past winner of RWA's Golden Heart Award. This book dealt with two protagonists who were struggling with trust issues after respective divorces. On that level, it really struck me. It was well-written and well conceived and even if it was a bit too pat for me at the end, it was simply sticking to the structure of the gentle ...more
Gail
Mar 24, 2016 Gail rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-book, library-book
The plot of the book is basically what's in the back cover copy. It's a good read, though I did have a slight problem or two with it, not what others have complained about: that the heroine was wishy-washy or weak and having to be rescued despite her insistence on doing things herself. I thought she was actually a pretty strong person, given what she apparently went through. However, the author got awfully preachy when she was having the heroine talk about her issues and what she needed. It didn ...more
Amanda
Urk. I finished it. Not sure why. The main character says time and time again in this novel "I don't want a man to save me. No more Prince Charming." Yet, whenever she's in any kind of situation, her love interest strolls up and saves the day and she sits back and takes it. Only afterwards does she think 'I don't want him to save me.' It's a little late when you keep letting him. Grow a backbone and save yourself!!
Lisa
I enjoyed this book. Lacey wasn't looking for someone to "save" her. I don't think she knew what she was looking for until she actually found it. *POSSIBLE SPOILER* She was looking for what I think we all want. Someone to love us while we make our own decisions and mistakes.
Minie
Horrible from beginning to near end.. I just couldn't finish it. The story the plot the character development.. Everything was just so cliche and ugh... Vomit.. I couldn't continue any longer.. Got to about 2/3.. I really tried but.. Goodness it was awful!
Suziep11
Jun 23, 2010 Suziep11 rated it liked it
A Texas girl becomes a countess and decides it wasn't worth everything she had to give up to get there. She returns home to Texas and falls in love with a Texas boy.
4.2 on a 5.0 scale
PWRL
Oct 18, 2013 PWRL marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013-new
SM
Shelly
Aug 27, 2012 Shelly rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I never really got into this one. I was hoping for a great read.
Chesney
This book has so much potential! Too wordy and Lacey played the victim way too much. Move on from the past!
Olivia
Olivia rated it it was ok
Jul 29, 2013
Tessa
Tessa rated it it was ok
Sep 25, 2012
Susan Gossett
Susan Gossett rated it liked it
Feb 10, 2013
Tyler
Tyler rated it liked it
Jul 03, 2013
Candice
Candice rated it liked it
Apr 07, 2014
Julie Sun
Julie Sun rated it it was ok
Jul 15, 2015
Heather
Heather rated it liked it
Nov 29, 2012
Ashley
Ashley rated it did not like it
Nov 14, 2013
Marilou
Marilou rated it really liked it
Nov 15, 2014
Antonia
Antonia rated it liked it
Jan 29, 2014
Suellen Bustamante
Suellen Bustamante rated it really liked it
Feb 06, 2014
Laura rated it it was amazing
Oct 15, 2014
Bethany
Bethany rated it it was ok
Jun 05, 2013
Shaleen
Shaleen rated it liked it
Sep 28, 2012
Delynn
May 02, 2016 Delynn rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was Okay
Lindsey
Lindsey rated it really liked it
Dec 29, 2012
Emily Lund
Emily Lund rated it did not like it
Apr 11, 2014
Tini Hansen
Tini Hansen rated it really liked it
Jul 01, 2015
Maria Newton
Maria Newton rated it really liked it
Dec 15, 2012
Jennifer Fischer
Jennifer Fischer rated it did not like it
Aug 15, 2012