Start by marking “Knock Off (A Finley Anderson Tanner Mystery #1)” as Want to Read:
Knock Off (A Finley Anderson Tanner Mystery #1)

Knock Off (A Finley Anderson Tanner Mystery #1)

3.8 of 5 stars 3.80  ·  rating details  ·  939 ratings  ·  73 reviews
Hold on for a rollicking, wickedly fun new mystery series from USA Today bestselling author Rhonda Pollero. Shopping, murder and romance all in one book? What a steal!

Meet Finley Anderson Tanner. FAT to her enemies. A West Palm Beach paralegal who hates the gym, still rents her condo, and loves two-hour lunches with her friends. But what really gets Finley hot is hunting d
Published February 1st 2008 by Kensington (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Knock Off, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Knock Off

Kana
Summary
This is a tongue-in-cheek standard girlie mystery/murder. But with a southern twist and confessed coffee fanatic. We meet Finley Tanner, estate paralegal who gets dragged into an unusual case for a friend of her boss. The recent widow is certain her late husband was murdered, not in a car accident. Finley takes the case with chagrin, but the more she delves into it, the more she wonders if the widow is right.

My Thoughts
This is a quick read, and made me brew a cup of coffee on a couple of
Sharal Hunter
An important thing you need to know about me when it comes to reading is I don’t read very fast and am not like some of my book buddies out there (you know who you are) that read hundreds of books a year. The next thing you need to know about me is I read this book in 2 DAYS!!! I could not put this book down, literally. You’re probably saying “you’re kidding.” I kid you not. Everywhere I went, I had this book with me reading, watching television, making dinner, sitting on the toilet…this was not ...more
Shana
Mystery, Mayhem, Manolo Blahnik. Warning: if you are anti-girly-girl, walk away now. Quick read. Quick witted. Thoroughly enjoyed the fashionista humor and appreciation for caffeine, carats, and clothing throughout. The main character and her sidekicks are fairly engaging. Could have done without the main character's (Finley) apathy towards her love interest - what woman whines about a boyfriend that spoils her, doesn't smother her, is great in bed, and never forgets a birthday?!?! The author sh ...more
Lindsey
The first Finley Anderson Tanner mystery. Finley is a paralegal who doesn't take her job seriously until she's assigned to figure out whether one of her law firms's client's husband was murdered. Suddenly she finds something she's actually interested in working at, but of course there's danger and an attractive private investigator to distract her.

This is the first book but the last one I've read (of 3 so far in the series) and the writing has gotten exponentially better. The conclusion to this
LJ
Sondra Caserio
Apr 07, 2008 Sondra Caserio rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Kimmy
Shelves: mystery-novel
The main character of this novel is a woman who is responsible when it comes to her job as a paralegal but completely irrisponsible when it comes to buying the latest and greates in designer clothes and handbags. How could you not love a gal like that?
The main plot of this book certainly keeps you guessing and the sexual tension that builds between her and her private eye keeps you guessing as well. The end of the book just leaves you in expectation of the next installment.
I have NO patience!
Amanda
Odelia Gray meets Pepper Martin!

Finley Anderson Tanner comes to life in this awesome first novel. She is a character that most women can relate to... At times she is insecure, about how she looks or in her love life. She has made mistakes, like racking-up an immense pile of debt or going to the house of a probable murderer alone. Who can honestly say that they are always confident about themselves or that they never make mistakes?
Terri
Finley is a paralegal who doesnt take work as seriously as she takes her shopping. But one day, her boss gives her a case to handle. The widow of a man in an accident who thinks it is murder.Nothing supports her claims. But when Finley investigates she finds out the widow may be right.

I liked Finley, her search for bargains and her determination to find the truth. I will definitely read more of this series
Apr 03, 2008 Laura rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: any young female
Recommended to Laura by: Walmart... lol
I liked this book. There were a few times I actually laughed out loud and one time I actually got scared from the suspense. This is the first book I actually think I've finished that wasn't mandatory to read. It was a good starter book for me to get into reading. Light and fun. I, however, did not like the way it ended. I wanted a little more romance from it, but there is a next book, so I hope to see some in there.
The Peon
I finished the entire series of Finley Anderson Tanner books by Rhonda Pollero. This series was a VERY VERY simple read. It was a combination of Chick-Lit and Mystery…but mostly Chick-Lit, the mystery was much to be desired. The author’s writing is beginner level at best. Do not get me wrong, I read the books and enjoyed them to some degree, however the plots were sub par and unbelievable. The author would introduce a problem but often times would not resolve it. Another thing that was annoying ...more
Tina Axell
I chose this book because I love chick lit mysteries and it had a cover promotion from Janet Evanovich. I love Finley. Great characters and great writing. I'm very glad there are several more books in the series; I'm hooked!!!
Brenda
Jul 16, 2008 Brenda rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: people that love Janet Evanovich
This is the 1st of a new series. Finley Anderson Tanner *FAT* is a quirky Stephanie Plum-like kind of girl. There were parts that made me laugh out loud, but I wasn't loving the ending - hopefully the next will have a better ending.
Connie
Very Janet Evonovich however Finley (unlike Stephanie) seems to grow with expereience. Some of the snarky comments had me doing spit takes especially when she talks about her mother.
Traci Hall
Finley Anderson Tanner is a riot - we all know someone like her, or we wish we knew her, or we are her, lol. Great job, Rhonda!
Nancy Robson
In the style of Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum series, I enjoyed this book. I've already downloaded the next one.
Laurie Cornwell
Good book overall, just wish it had more of an ending. I do plan to read the other books in the series.
Karla
I just read these books and i loved them, very funny!! I couldn't put them down... these are must reads :-)
Emilyandherlittlepinknotes
A chick with spark. A witty fast read but the lack of action on the romantic side bothered me.
Tammy
So funny. Realistic dialogue. Can't wait to get my hands on the next one in the series.
Libbey
Perfect beach read - there's fashion, love (interests), and a bit of mystery.
Jenny
A funny, feisty whodunnit, with a twist you don't see coming!
Bara
series 1 of fun and quirky murder mysteries
Kerry
Aug 01, 2011 Kerry added it
I don't really like Finley Tanner, so I can't really LIKE a mystery with her as its heroine. I find her character is just, um, repugnant. I guess she and I don't share much of the same world view, and apparently, that matters when reading a fluffy book like "Knock Off". I don't care about her BCBGirls peep toe sandals. I don't care about her perfect pilot boyfriend and whether or not he's "the ONE". I don't care about what lingerie she decides to wear or whether or not she wins her eBay auction ...more
Fanficfan44
Anyway, I started out by turned off by the protagonist. Finley is a paralegal and spends the first 30 or 4o pages explaining how she is irresponsible with money a credit abuser, a compulsive shopper of name brand items, and a nightmare co-worker. She basically brags about coming in late and taking long lunches, lying to her employer about going to the courthouse and meeting her friends for long lunches instead. I almost put the book down but I was too comfy in my lounge chair and didn’t want to ...more
Connie N.
What a fun and funny book. Very similar to the Stephanie Plum cozy mysteries, actually, but that's actually a compliment since I love those books as well. This one centers around Finley Tanner, a paralegal at a large law firm. (Her initials are F.A.T., which is the unattractive nickname she is sometimes called.) She's intelligent and attractive, but a self-proclaimed underachiever. She loves fashion and spends a lot of time talking about her outfits and the price she got them for--which is quite ...more
Sandy
This is definitely lengthy and very detailed. I felt the author got too word-y and hung up on every single detail of Finley Tanner's life, and every single action she makes. I'm also disappointed she's still with a boyfriend when she's very much into someone else, but I guess it helps to build the mounting sexual tension between her and Liam McGarrity. Finley is assigned a case where she gets so involved she's threatened along the way. But this girl is tenacious, impatient, and very driven when ...more
Lauren McClurg
Good book, on to the next

This is a good book. it starts kind of slow and it seems a bit difficult to understand at times but in the end, it all makes sense. I really enjoyed Finley's sense of humor. I will say that Liam did start to annoy me at one point. I wanted to reach in the book and slap him! I don't care much for Patrick. Overall, I really enjoyed the book!
Roberta
Finley Anderson is a paralegal with a few twists. First of all she is a complete "brand ho." She tirelessly shops for the perfect shoes, the best bags, all the labels that make her life complete. If she finds them on mark-down, or slightly imperfect, that just makes it a better end to the quest, because the price is right!
Sheri
This was my first read by Rhonda Pollero. Finley the m.c. was a shopaholic and set on getting the best deal and a good cup of coffee. I enjoyed this book and the interest Finley takes in a case the law firm she works in as estates clerk. She gets more involved in a case when a client calls and demands help with the death of her husband claiming it is a murder. Finley does her best to solve this and gets herself suspended from her job while researching the case and the jurors that are dying.
With
Sandy
Sorry, I just could not get into this book. It was just to slow. Way to many details about the fashion. I like "girlie" books but this was over the top.
  • A Dose of Murder (Pauline Sokol, #1)
  • Unzipped (A Chrissy McMullen Mystery, #1)
  • Dating Can Be Murder (Samantha Shaw Mystery, Book 1)
  • Killer Heels (Molly Forrester Mystery, #1)
  • How to Host a Killer Party (Party Planning, #1)
  • Murder 101 (A Murder 101 Mystery, #1)
  • Pick Your Poison (A Yellow Rose Mystery, #1)
  • Killer Mousse (A Della Cooks Mystery #1)
  • High Rhymes and Misdemeanors (Poetic Death Mystery, #1)
  • I Scream, You Scream (A Mystery A La Mode, #1)
  • Dying in Style (Josie Marcus, Mystery Shopper, #1)
  • Quickstep to Murder (A Ballroom Dance Mystery #1)
  • Killer Hair (Crime of Fashion, #1)
  • Sofie Metropolis (Sofie Metropolis, #1)
  • Blondes Have More Felons (December Vaughn, #1)
  • Dead Air (A Talk Radio Mystery #1)
  • Die Buying (A Mall Cop Mystery, #1)
  • No Such Thing As A Secret (A Brandy Alexander Mystery #1)
Rhonda Pollero also writes under the name Kelsey Roberts.
More about Rhonda Pollero...
Knock 'em Dead (A Finley Anderson Tanner Mystery #2) Fat Chance (A Finley Anderson Tanner Mystery #3) Slightly Irregular (A Finley Anderson Tanner Mystery #4) Bargain Hunting Adoption Is Forever