Start by marking “Kingdom of Twilight (Avatars, #3)” as Want to Read:
Kingdom of Twilight (Avatars, #3)

Kingdom of Twilight (Avatars #3)

"Don't die," Gus whispered.

He reached out and touched her hand. Were there superpowers that could bring her back? Would there be gods in Africa that could help them save her?

"I stayed alive when you ordered me to. Now you return the favor, okay? Just . . . whatever you do, don't die."

Ruthlessly stabbed by a fellow avatar, Diana suddenly finds herself hopelessly wandering t
Published October 1st 2008 by Eos

To ask other readers questions about Kingdom of Twilight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kingdom of Twilight

The Lightning Thief by Rick RiordanGoddess of Spring by P.C. CastThe Titan's Curse by Rick RiordanFor the Love of Hades by Sasha SummersThe Red Pyramid by Rick Riordan
Mythology books
55th out of 258 books — 165 voters
The Lightning Thief by Rick RiordanThe Lost Hero by Rick RiordanThe Sea of Monsters by Rick RiordanThe Battle of the Labyrinth by Rick RiordanThe Titan's Curse by Rick Riordan
Mythology fiction
81st out of 188 books — 89 voters

More lists with this book...

Aelvana
Apr 28, 2015 Aelvana rated it really liked it
Diana is dying. Although Gus, Tigre, and Kali are doing what they can, none of their powers involve healing. Their only hope is that when they finally reach Africa, someone there will be willing and able to help. But Africa was excluded from this contest of the gods, and the local gods may not take well to the intrusion of the avatars . . .

I continue to be impressed by the sheer breadth and depth of the gods Tui T. Sutherland pulls into this trilogy. Not to mention the amusing takes on more fami
Marya
Jan 30, 2010 Marya rated it it was amazing
Shelves: teen-fantasy
I read this book during labor, and it got me all the way through active labor (which I rated as a 7 on the pain scale of 1-10) without the need for an epidural. The plot wasn't as exciting as the previous two books in the series, but there was still that driving need to see how it all ended. I had to stop for the birth, but I was back to reading it once I was tucked away in my hospital bed. Definitely an entertaining way to pass the time!
Karen
Dec 15, 2008 Karen rated it really liked it
This was a satisfying ending to the series, if a little pat. It ends exactly the way my students will want it to end. I'm recommending this series to all my Percy Jackson lovers.
Molly
May 18, 2016 Molly rated it it was amazing
I hate this cover. I not only despise it because it's different than the first two and thus doesn't fit with the series, but seriously? The chick on the cover looks so prissy and fake!!! Why do we want some bad picture of Venus the pop star when Diana literally is nothing like that in this book - except for a few flashbacks. My point is that she no longer is this person, so why is this person on the COVER of this freaking book?

Cover rant aside, this book was actually pretty wonderful. I think i
May
Aug 10, 2011 May rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, fantasy
The book picks right up from the end of the last one, with Diana, Gus, Kali, and Tigre all sailing for Africa.

Once they reach Africa, Kali and Tigre go looking for a trickster god, and Gus goes to the underworld to try and save Diana. Kali and Tigre's journey through the forest was interesting, though the hunt itself seemed to have very little to do with how they actually caught the trickster.

Diana's journey through the underworlds is exciting and, at times, suspenseful, but when Gus went to s
Clara
Apr 12, 2009 Clara rated it liked it
Warning: you must read the first two in the trilogy before reading this one; it's not like some series where you can skip a book and it's like you missed nothing, this will get confusing, trust me. Anyway, I thought that this final addition to the avatar trilogy wasn't as fast-paced as the first two, but it was still good. Yet it did feel as though the author kind of crammed a bunch of new characters in at the last second, perhaps realizing the book was about to be finished. Getting over that,th ...more
Jennifer Wardrip
Apr 16, 2009 Jennifer Wardrip rated it it was amazing
Reviewed by Cat for TeensReadToo.com

The world as they knew it began disintegrating the moment they disappeared on December 21, 2012.

Dropped into a post-apocalyptic aftermath eighty-five years ago, Diana, Gus, Kali, and Tigre have banded together to find a way out of this nightmare created by the gods in their quest to make one from their own pantheon the ultimate ruler. Time is against them as they sail to Africa - the only place safely beyond the gods' reach.

Diana's body hovers on the brink of
catherine james
The world as they knew it began disintegrating the moment they disappeared on December 21st 2012. Dropped into a post-apocalyptic aftermath eighty-five years Diana, Gus, Kali, and Tigre have banded together to find a way out of this nightmare created by the gods in their quest to make one from their own pantheon the ultimate ruler. Time is against them as they sail to Africa--the only place safely beyond the gods' reach.

Diana's body hovers on the brink of death, while her soul wanders a vast ar
Elzbeth
Sep 26, 2015 Elzbeth rated it really liked it
The last book in the Avatars series and absolutely wonderful. Ms. Sutherland has done an immense amount of research for her books. The work she up into them is amazing and the results are too. I love these books and highly recommend them for any lover of mythology.
Jokolz Ishida
Jun 28, 2014 Jokolz Ishida rated it really liked it
Shelves: book
He de decir sinceramente, que aunque me encanto el final, no adore el libro. Mientras lo leía no podía evitar sentir que era más una segunda parte que el final de una trilogía. Si sentía interés por saber que iba a suceder a continuación, pero los problemas eran solucionados tan fácilmente que en ningún momento piensas "Uh oh, ¿ahora como van a salir de esta?". De todas formas es una buena historia y tiene un buen final consistente, algo que últimamente muchas sagas no han logrado hacer.
Definit
Ashlyn
Apr 01, 2016 Ashlyn rated it really liked it
poor little Diana ...
Anthony Giancola
OMG I loved this book it was so great and Im so sad it's over it was a great series and it is sad to see it go. However it was open ended leaving it open for a new series with them. I did feel all the new characters were kinda blan but they didn't get three books for me to love them like I did Tigre and Kali. Diana I never liked, still don't. However, the parts with her going through the different underworlds were my favorites. Apart from Tigre's parts.
Jill
I loved how the series ended. I was so sucked into the story I could hardly pull myself away to work. I usually have a hard time with endings of series, because I usually think they are a let down. This one actually was fulfilling and really great. I felt that the ending made sense for all the characters yet left somethings open for interpretation. I highly suggest this series for anyone who can actually get their hands on these books.
Dec 10, 2008 Sarah rated it really liked it
All in all, it was basic-yet-satisfying. The writing of the ending of this final book, as is typical, was the weakest point of the entire trilogy, but the ideas were good and carried the story to a relatively satisfying close. It was also nice to find a book that my husband enjoyed as much as I did, since our tastes are usually so far apart. I'd recommend all three books to anyone looking for a good time, low-emotion read.
Rachel
Mar 11, 2010 Rachel rated it liked it
The story arc was messy - too much middle, not ending end - and the plot seemed to drag in places. But the writing itself remained very satisfying and enjoyable. I really enjoyed the characters too, but less Diana, more Kali would've been nice.

Overall, I'm glad I read this series and would recommend it to others. I just wish the ending had been better.
Hweeps
Aug 12, 2010 Hweeps rated it it was amazing
Absolute enthralling, breathtaking conclusion to the Avatars series. Characters were well-built, with each of their own flaws and strengths (and not forgetting some superpowers there, huh?). Ending was what I'd think was a twist, sort of, but you'd have to read to find out!
Jul 28, 2011 Sarah rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ya, novel, fantasy
An exceptional end to the series. It managed to tie up all the ends that left you baffled in the other two books, and it was just as thrilling as you had always hoped. This whole series is wonderful and I hope that someday it gets the wider readership it deserves.
M
Dec 26, 2013 M rated it really liked it
Usually, I find myself feeling a bit let down with the ending of a series of novels. Not with this one. Such a perfect ending. Left me feeling very satisfied and no ennui about the series being over now.
Matthew Li
Oct 02, 2009 Matthew Li rated it really liked it
Not as good as the first two, but still a great book. This series is one of my most favorite ones. The story has a twist I couldn't even think of. The ending was a great one for the series.
Marika
Jul 29, 2011 Marika rated it really liked it
Very interesting Series. I love reading books about all the different types of gods thet people believe(d) in. Great read loved the ending :D
Zaneta Zee
Aug 16, 2011 Zaneta Zee rated it it was amazing
so much .....imagination (: deff. a great read and a creative mind unique to JK Rowling's <3
Tatyanarex
Dec 21, 2010 Tatyanarex rated it did not like it
Not the best book but it is mainly a bloody and a war book could not get into it.
Danie P.
Mar 17, 2010 Danie P. rated it really liked it
Shelves: y-a
Third in the Avatars series, I really liked the way this ended.
Devon
Mar 18, 2009 Devon rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2009
Amazing amazing amazing. LOVED IT loved it loved it
Samantha
Jun 21, 2010 Samantha rated it really liked it
It was a really good ending to the series.
Genevieve Malley
Genevieve Malley rated it it was amazing
Sep 20, 2016
Alex
Alex marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2016
Sami Pinzariu
Sami Pinzariu is currently reading it
Aug 30, 2016
CherubimCW
CherubimCW marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2016
  • Camille McPhee Fell Under the Bus ...
  • A Heart For Any Fate: Westward To Oregon, 1845
  • Petronella Saves Nearly Everyone: The Entomological Tales of Augustus T. Percival
  • A Voice of Her Own: Becoming Emily Dickinson
  • The Burning (Triskellion, #2)
  • Demon Chick
  • It's All Downhill From Here (How I Survived Middle School, #8)
  • Julia Gillian (and The Art Of Knowing)
  • Think Again
  • Johnny Wander, Vol. 2: Escape to New York
  • Elissa's Odyssey (Phoenix Rising, #2)
  • Modern Disciples: Volume 1
  • Bottled Up: How the Way We Feed Babies Has Come to Define Motherhood, and Why It Shouldn’t
  • The Bonemender's Oath (The Bonemender, #2)
  • Spellspam (Worldweavers, #2)
  • I Want Candy
  • Grand Theft Childhood: The Surprising Truth About Violent Video Games and What Parents Can Do
  • Tomorrow's Magic (Omnibus)
Okay, I know what you’re thinking. Tui? What kind of name is that? Is it short for something?

Nope. Among the many great things to come out of New Zealand (the Lord of the Rings movies, cats that paint, my mom) is a bird called the tui—not as well known as the kiwi, but a heck of a lot noisier!

I was born July 31 (same birthday as Harry Potter!) in Caracas, Venezuela, and lived in Asuncion, Paraguay
More about Tui T. Sutherland...

Avatars (3 books)
  • So This is How it Ends (Avatars, #1)
  • Shadow Falling (Avatars, #2)