Start by marking “The Gentle Art Of Blessing” as Want to Read:
The Gentle Art Of Blessing

The Gentle Art Of Blessing

4.57 of 5 stars 4.57  ·  rating details  ·  82 ratings  ·  17 reviews

How can a blessing change the world? According to Pierre Pradervand, making the conscious choice to bless every person or being around you can truly make a world of difference in yourself and in others around you. In The Gentle Art of Blessing, Pradervand shows that the practice of blessing has the power to create more than just a renewed perspective. It unleashes tangible

Published January 1st 2005 by Cygnus Books (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about The Gentle Art Of Blessing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Gentle Art Of Blessing

I'm loving this book. I confess I have two stacks of books I'm reading. I'll read a few pages out of a few of them everyday. I know it's strange but it works for me. There are some books that I've decided that I'll read over and over again ... everyday for the rest of my life.

There are books that inspire and help you to be the best you can be and this is one of them. I love books that bring out the desire in me to be better. This book gives me hope in people and life.

It is so powerful to keep
Apr 10, 2012 Liz rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: seekers of kindness
The Gentle Art of Blessing is an inspirational book written with journal questions after each chapter.
It describes a way of transforming your life into a positive loving way of being. It quotes many books I have read like "The Power of Now", "The Practice of the Presence of God" by Brother Lawrence,
"Love is Letting Go of Fear" and quotes from other authors I have read like Deepok Chopra, Kahlil Gibran, Jon Kabat-Zinn, and Byron Katie to name a few. The practice of blessing described here is a t
I have no idea how I came to posses this book, but it was a great read for me this Fall - and took me a long time to read and process it. At under 200 pages if it was a novel I would have finished it in a weekend, but it is a training and therefore had to be absorbed and practiced.

It works as a great companion teaching to the Vipassana that I practice. Basically teaches you to respond to all people, things and events by imparting blessing from the deepest place within. Sounds easy but as with an
Iona  Stewart
This is an encouraging and uplifting book that teaches us how to bless ourselves, others and all things. By practicing the teachings described here you can heal yourself and all those and whatever you bless.

The book describes how to perform simple, heartfelt blessings to all those in your life, including those you encounter in your daily life – on the street, in the bus, at work, everywhere. Particularly, you are encouraged to bless all those who have harmed, injured or insulted you or those who
Jill Brennan
This is a book you read, then return to again and again. It's lessons are poignant and life changing.

Beautiful book that will change your life with its simplicity and profound way of being
This one is / was so good when I finished it, I started reading it over again and bought every title of the author's I could order! Pradervand has a mind you can fall in love with, because he thinks with his heart, eyes open, believing actively beyond the despair that he sees and therewith making a critical difference in everything he treats be it geo-eco-politics or the life of one's soul. One day, when I grow up, I'm going to meet him.
Sandra Henderson

My third or fourth reading. Powerful book that we all should read again and again to bring more harmony in our daily interactions with people. No need to live constantly bent out of shape, upset with everyone. READ THIS BOOK EVERYONE!!! It'll change your life.
Stacey Jean Smith
really liked what this book had to say. i read it slowly over the course of a few each time i picked it up, i had a little reminder to bless my day and the people in it. very effective!! i hope it stays with me. :)
May FLower
A lovely book about creating change from within yourself & transforming your attitude about life. Really enjoyed this and have been consciously blessing everything I can think of since I started reading it! :)
Beautiful book about self transformation.
A great way to stay true to the "spiritual laws of the universe," AND
mindfully move away from people and things that are blocking your positive growth.
Mum Z
Lovely. Putting it into practice does make life feel so much better.
It should become one of the school books for the curriculum
A simple practice that can change the way anyone looks at the world for the better. I've shared it with several friends already.
Great book. Such a simple and perfect idea that is just like living a meditation out in real life.
This book was a gift from my sister Loretta. I read it twice in two months.
Cathy Nove-josserand
Profound - changed my outlook on life.
Gaurav Goyal
Gaurav Goyal marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2015
Barbara marked it as to-read
Oct 28, 2015
Mersiha marked it as to-read
Oct 16, 2015
Nikee Gilbert
Nikee Gilbert marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2015
Nilda Khalessi
Nilda Khalessi marked it as to-read
Sep 28, 2015
Carol Delzer
Carol Delzer is currently reading it
Sep 09, 2015
Anna marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2015
Hope Gunther
Hope Gunther marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2015
Catkin Blake
Catkin Blake marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2015