Start by marking “Blood+, Vol. 03 (Blood+, #3)” as Want to Read:
Blood+, Vol. 03 (Blood+, #3)

Blood+, Vol. 03 (Blood+ #3)

4.22 of 5 stars 4.22  ·  rating details  ·  501 ratings  ·  14 reviews
This third, pivotal volume reveals one of the biggest secrets in the Blood+ mythos — but you'll have to wade through plenty of violence, betrayal, and sacrifice before you get there! Hagi shows just how resilient he can be, Kai is as stubborn and reckless as ever, and confused, sweet Riku is once again in the wrong place at the wrong time. Speaking of time, this volume als ...more
Published August 13th 2008 by Dark Horse Manga (first published November 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Blood+, Vol. 03, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blood+, Vol. 03

Vampire Knight, Vol. 1 by Matsuri HinoChibi Vampire, Vol. 01 by Yuna KagesakiHellsing, Vol. 01 by Kohta HiranoVampire Kisses by Ellen SchreiberMillennium Snow, Vol. 1 by Bisco Hatori
Best Vampire Manga
25th out of 112 books — 167 voters
The Immortal Rules by Julie KagawaTalon by Julie KagawaUnshackled Demons by Richard MyerscoughCracked by Eliza CreweBat Blood by Richard Myerscough
Monster Girls
22nd out of 47 books — 12 voters

More lists with this book...

VampireNovelFan
The third volume of five gives us more back story on Haji, Saya, and Diva. We see how Saya and Diva are both brought up completely differently. Diva is treated more like a caged animal while Saya is brought up with a privileged life. As vampires themselves, Saya is fed "medicine" which unbeknownst to her is blood from humans that have been sacrificed. Nature vs. Nurture is the lesson here. Both twins have the potential to be kind hearted, but Diva's conditions force her to take a more savage app ...more
S.
I love this adaptation so much more than the original. The art's grown on me, the violence is outstanding and kinda delicious, plus there're more "ecchi"-ish and shounen-ai elements than the anime. And I'm not gonna lie - I've always loved the chevalier and Diva/Saya complex the most, which is very prominent here.
MissAnnThrope
Don't let the pretty, happy cover of Blood+, Volume 3 fool you. This dark and bloody volume is full of gore and reveals some twisted secrets about Saya's past, including unveiling Diva's identity.

I feel so bad for Charles and Riku, who are both victims of unfortunate circumstances. I would have liked to learn more about Charles. Even though he is a wicked brat, his story is so heartbreaking that it moved me more than any of the other stories.

For the first time in this series, I had a few Pfft! m
Jacob Quinn
I love all the blood books, i.e. blood c, blood +.
Sara
We finally learn the history of Saya, Hagi and Diva- and boy is it gory! Lots and lots of death and blood. Hagi has such an interesting past; I want to learn more about him. Unfortunately, Charles, one of my favorites, is no longer in the series. He was so complex, with different layers to his personality. At first, he was just evil, but as we peeled away layers, we saw how vulnerable he was. So far in this story, Charles stole the whole thing for me. I'm sad to see him go.
Aaron Glett
As they get closer and closer to finding Riku, they are taken on a journey into the dark past of Saya's history as one of the original Chiropterans. Revealing her actual age to be closer to hundreds of years old with amnesia being a problem with her regular hibernation cycle. She is by nature a killing machine with a twin bent on destroying humanity.
Dylan Murphy
The plot line is getting more and more intense with each volume, and my love for Saya and Hagi is growing with each page!
I really cannot stress how much I love Katsura's artwork in this, and how awesome the little bonus comics are in the back of it!
Paola
Me encantó que en este volumen se pudiera conocer más sobre el verdadero pasado de Saya y Diva. Fue muy sangriento, lo que es realmente fascinante. Y debo añadir que no esperaba que Carl muriera tan pronto porque me había comenzado a agradar.
Leila Anani
We learn a little of Saya's origins in the zoo in this volume and find out about her relationshop with her evil twin Diva. Nice interplay with Chevalier Charles and Saya's brother Riku. Solid story, but not the best artwork I've seen.
Beckiezra
I think I either didn't finish the anime or this story is different because I don't recall any of the stuff that happened with Riku. I look forward to finding out what happens next.
Jessica
great book learned alot more about saya's and haji's past. and how they came together as close as they are.

and showing how bad it is to have a evil sister.
Moisés Sosa
Esta historia tiene un morbo, ya que a pesar de ser sangrienta y cruel, tiende a ser divertido, me encanta.
Marie
Retour sur le passé de Saya, ou plutôt sa création, et son histoire avec Hagi.
Elliot
Best one yet <3
Lexi
Lexi marked it as to-read
May 05, 2015
Daniel
Daniel marked it as to-read
May 01, 2015
Ageha
Ageha added it
Apr 18, 2015
Whitnee Mackee
Whitnee Mackee marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2015
Mary
Mary added it
Apr 13, 2015
Ryan
Ryan marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2015
Madeline Friedman
Madeline Friedman marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2015
Obaida Assi
Obaida Assi marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2015
Wolfje
Wolfje added it
Mar 08, 2015
  • Blood+ Adagio, Vol. 02 (Blood+ Adagio, #2)
  • Trinity Blood, Vol. 2
  • Blood+: Kowloon Nights
  • Blood: The Last Vampire 2002
  • Blood+, Volume 1 - First Kiss (Blood+ light novel, #1)
  • Model, Vol. 4
  • Hellsing, Vol. 02 (Hellsing, #2)
  • Dance in the Vampire Bund, Vol. 4 (Dance in the Vampire Bund, #4)

Blood+ (5 books)
  • Blood+, Vol. 01 (Blood+, #1)
  • Blood+, Vol. 02 (Blood+, #2)
  • Blood+, Vol. 04 (Blood+, #4)
  • Blood+, Vol. 05 (Blood+, #5)
Blood+, Vol. 01 (Blood+, #1) Blood+, Vol. 02 (Blood+, #2) Blood+, Vol. 05 (Blood+, #5) Blood+, Vol. 04 (Blood+, #4) Le Portrait de Petite Cossette 1 (Le Portrait de Petite Cossette, #1)