Start by marking “Shameless Shortcuts: 1,027 Tips and Techniques That Help You Save Time, Save Money, and Save Work Every Day!” as Want to Read:

Ingenious ways to save precious minutes and hours on daily tasks and household routines
Short on time but long on chores? If your housework is driving you crazy, you need to get shameless. Shameless Shortcuts, that is. This clever book gives you the secrets you need to do the job you want--while saving time, money, and effort.

In Shameless Shortcuts you will discover:
o The
Published June 4th 2005 by Rodale Books (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Shameless Shortcuts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shameless Shortcuts

Samma
Feb 05, 2014 Samma rated it liked it
Shelves: nonfiction
I kind of felt like this was just an updated version of the Tightwad's Gazette from the '90s. Not that it was bad, but just not quite what I was expecting. Also, some of their tips could actually be kind of dangerous. Instead of buying your kid a six-pack of water and refilling them, buy a reusable water bottle in the same size for a buck at your local Dollar Tree or WalMart! Reusing plastic water bottles has actually been linked to some cases of poisoning as an element of the plastic (...I forg ...more
Kelly Knapp
Feb 12, 2013 Kelly Knapp rated it really liked it
This is a great book to give to your son or daughter before they leave for college or get their own place. The ideas and hints in this book can help shave time and money off house work leaving more time for study and more money for meals. New mothers will find this book helpful as well. For those not into creating their own cleaners, the book makes suggestions of a few excellent products on the market. In addition to cleaning, the book gives hints on everyday shortcuts to save time in every area ...more
Denise Meyers
Apr 30, 2015 Denise Meyers rated it it was ok
Recommended to Denise by: bought for 50 cents at a garage sale
I read this book in less than 1 day. It does have over 1,000 tips, but most of them, I already do. In the whole book, I marked 11 tips worth noting for the future. It is easy to go through as the tips are by topic and titled, so easy to read or move on. If it had more new ideas to offer, I would have given it a better rating. Unless your home and life is a disorganized mess, it's OK to skip this book.
Andrea
Sep 30, 2010 Andrea rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Complete waste of time, and resources. The main answer was using disposable versions, this is not an answer with today's changing world. The other items were all half way and needed more to make them truly time saving. Pass, nothing good or new.
Nicole
May 21, 2014 Nicole rated it it was ok
Some of the tips are helpful, but 1,027 of them is a lot to read through. Trying to read cover to cover is too dry, not to mention overwhelming. It's better to look up a specific area you'd like to improve in, rather than trying to absorb all of the information at once.
Jenny
May 18, 2008 Jenny rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a very useful, helpful book!!!!! I found things throughout the book that I can use to make life simpler from erasing stains on leather furniture to ways to save water around the house to homemade gifts and crafts....you name it and it is PROBABLY in there!

5 stars to this one!!
ashley
Jan 08, 2009 ashley added it
an expansion on the daily "dear heloise"
Debra
Jun 06, 2011 Debra rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
I was a little disappointed. I suppose that at my age, having lived frugally with time and money, there is very little that I see as new. I did glean some interesting tidbits.
Lauren
Lauren rated it liked it
Jan 15, 2012
Colleen
Colleen rated it liked it
Aug 19, 2010
R.Bruce Macdonald
R.Bruce Macdonald rated it liked it
Feb 12, 2014
Sara Pruner
Sara Pruner rated it liked it
Sep 15, 2016
Anne
Anne rated it it was amazing
Aug 21, 2012
Cheri
Cheri rated it liked it
May 04, 2009
Carin
Carin rated it it was ok
May 23, 2016
Stacy Lane
Stacy Lane rated it liked it
May 24, 2015
Ashley
Ashley rated it liked it
Jun 21, 2012
Amy
Amy rated it liked it
Jun 14, 2009
Moonchild1au
Moonchild1au rated it it was amazing
Dec 31, 2011
Kristina Burke
Kristina Burke rated it liked it
Jan 14, 2013
J Crossley
J Crossley rated it liked it
Feb 17, 2017
Cl
Cl rated it liked it
Jul 22, 2014
Exapno Mapcase
Exapno Mapcase rated it liked it
Feb 10, 2014
Apr 30, 2016
Robin
Jun 11, 2012 Robin rated it really liked it
Shelves: frugal-living
Good tips to save you time and money--and sanity!
Amy
Amy rated it liked it
Nov 10, 2011
Michelle
Michelle rated it liked it
Aug 02, 2011
Sarah added it
Jun 28, 2008
Pieter
Pieter marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2009
Chris
Chris marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2009
JZ
JZ marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2009
Rose
Rose marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2009
Wahid Sadik
Wahid Sadik marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2009
Denika
Denika marked it as to-read
May 21, 2011
Rahni
Rahni added it
Feb 14, 2012
Abdulrahman Alrehan
Abdulrahman Alrehan marked it as to-read
Oct 27, 2013
Wanda Mckinney
Wanda Mckinney marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2014
Kitty Hotles
Kitty Hotles marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2014
Denika Clay
Denika Clay marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2014
JenWinEd
JenWinEd marked it as to-read
May 08, 2014
Eddnkj
Eddnkj marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2014
Cassie Trogani
Cassie Trogani marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2015
Jennifer Goins
Jennifer Goins marked it as to-read
May 09, 2015
Serena
Serena added it
Jul 29, 2015
Myrtle M. Perkins
Myrtle M. Perkins is currently reading it
Aug 12, 2015
Raghad
Raghad marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2016