Start by marking “Kids in Love (Saturn, #2)” as Want to Read:
Kids in Love (Saturn, #2)

Kids in Love (Saturn #2)

As one of the original Saturnites, Darby McMillon has been a longtime face of the fandom. From the days when the boys were just a YouTube band trying to gain fans up through their recent lockdown, Darby's channel - Darby's Daily Dose of Drama - was the "go to" spot for all things Spaceships Around Saturn.

Until now, she's been trusted by most and envied by few, but her meet
ebook, 2016 Cover
Published September 7th 2014

To ask other readers questions about Kids in Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kids in Love

Camille
Nov 05, 2014 Camille rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Okay I LOVE AGOS. I LOVE Nikki Godwin. I ADORE Tate Kingsley. But I just wanted to strangle Darby McDillon. And not just once, but about a billion times. She pissed me off so badly. It might be her über-fangirl attitude that's to blame, but I just really didn't like her. And I think that it would have been better if the story were expounded on more. It felt too short, too rushed. On a positive note though, it made me smile to see all the AGOS characters once more. Can someone please collaborate ...more
Lulufrances
Jan 23, 2015 Lulufrances rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*DISCLAIMER* I received a free e-copy of this novella from the author in exchange for an honest review.

YAY - back in the Saturnite world again - what a cray cray fandom!
Reminds me so much of my hardcore One Direction days (wow - that sounds like those were in ancient times, when really, let's be honest...that was like 2013 haha)
This time we get a cute and fluffy novella revolving around Darby (of the famous youtube fanvideo-channel about the band) and Tate, a supersweet (AND INSANELY GENEROUS!)
Kainaz
Nov 23, 2014 Kainaz rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was one of the cutest ones I've read in a while! It was super light and fun and really captured the inner workings of a fandom. Being a Directioner myself, I thought Nikki did a really great job talking about the pros and cons of fandoms!

In all honesty, Chloe was kind of annoying in the beginning, but as I kept reading I began to like her more and more. I absolutely loved her by the end! I'm not gonna lie, I definitely did not like this book as much as American Girl on Saturn, but tha
enchatedfire
Sep 22, 2015 enchatedfire rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2015
I definitely didn't like this.
I don't like Darby at all, I feel the same way that I feel towards popular accounts in fandoms when it comes to this girl, just don't.
I also think that as a Saturnire she's not as much of a fan as she thinks she is. All she cares about is Tate. Honestly, she pissed me off.
She's very negative and generally unpleasant, I can only see her as a grownup brat.
I'm actually sorry about that but it's just the way it is.
I didn't care at all for these new characters ugh.
Amanda
This book was seriously god awful... I can't even begin to describe how much I actually hated it. I would've given it negative stars, if I could; I had to add an entire new bookshelf ("Did Not Like"- to put it mildly) just for this one. I loved the first one, American Girl on Saturn, and had high hopes for this book... needless to say, it fell incredibly short.

Darby's character showed great promise, but fell horribly flat; she came across as petty, jealous and though she claimed to be a "Saturni
Scandalous Book Blog
I had no clue this book was coming, until I saw it on our calender for a Blitz post. I completely freaked, I was so excited. A whole year after reading the first book AMERICAN GIRL ON SATURN I heard nothing of the series but I always wondered and hoped there would be more. And I was not disappointed, Nikki Godwin delivered an adorable read about a young teen girl who is fanatic about a boy-band Spaceships Around Saturn. The highs and lows of meeting her idols and her ultimate crush Tate Kingsley ...more
Anmol
Nov 27, 2015 Anmol rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nicole
Sep 08, 2014 Nicole rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I LOVED this book. iT was so worth the wait:)

Experiencing SAS from an ultimate fan's point of view was a really different perspective than Chloe's point of view in AGOS. I love how Nikki described all the fan-girly stuff {which i highlighted all of, because they all describe me with One Direction ;)), and that was on point. I've been waiting for this book for a long time, checking goodreads every day to see if it's available, and reading all of Nikki's struggles with writing this one on twitter.
Namina
Feb 14, 2015 Namina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really liked reading it. While reading AGOS I couldn't get warm with the Branson sisters. So I totally understood Darby.
I really really like her. She reminded me of myself when I was obsessed with this one band, knew all about them and their families, watched all their kyte videos... It's long ago but Darby brought all that memories back.

I have to say after reading AGOS I wasn't really sure if I want to read another Saturn book. AGOS was a bit too much happiness and too much good-guy Milo for
Christina
May 08, 2015 Christina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kids in Love is the perfect title for this Saturn book! It’s a light, fun novella for that person with a fangirl/boy spirit. Great for the YA crowd, this novella packs cute tongue teasers like Darby’s Daily Dose of Drama, annoying younger brothers, and of course, the hot boy band. If you’re looking for that book where a fangirl gets the once in a lifetime opportunity to meet her fangirl crush, it’s definitely a good read leading up to the next book in the series. And as I absolutely adored ...more
Julia - The Romance Bibliophile
"Kids in Love" turned out to be a fantastic read. I really liked Darby and Tate's characters - they were really cute together. I thoroughly enjoyed the storyline and thought it was awesome to see what the members of Spaceships Around Saturn were up to after the "lockdown" in AGOS. Overall, it was a short, sweet, and fun read.
Pau
Sep 10, 2014 Pau rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is so cute!! It is light and sweet. It made me laugh and SMILE (and frustrated in some parts). I love how realistic it is and not everything in an artist/celebrity world is perfect and they will also have bad days. You'll definitely love Tate no matter what plus his gummy worms! IT'S PERFECT!!!!! This novella is amazing!!!! <3
Lulub
Jan 15, 2015 Lulub rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked knowing what happened to a different person in the story. I really enjoy reading the authors work and I hope she comes out with more work soon!
LilisBooks
Oct 03, 2014 LilisBooks rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favoris
aaaah Tate you're so cute :)) but Darby, aaaarf I wanted to slap you sometimes ^^.
I know all too well this fandom world, & I could't stop laughing, it's sooooo true.
Great work Nikki :))
Amy Elizabeth
Mar 08, 2015 Amy Elizabeth rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a love letter to all us teenage fangirls, current and former. My fandom was Buffy the Vampire Slayer and helped me meet some amazing people.
Livvie
May 10, 2015 Livvie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Darby wasn't likable to me. She just annoyed me. So hopefully Tate will get a full book with a lot better girlfriend.
Andréa
Feb 08, 2015 Andréa rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I hated this girl so much! Get over yourself missy!!!
Chasia Lloyd
Apr 30, 2015 Chasia Lloyd rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really cute and quick read. Nikki Godwin really captured the "devoted fangirl" voice with Darby. I wasn't too interested in the actual romance as much as I was just fascinated with Darby. It's a peek at how fandom is a little bit like religion: worshipping the stars on screen and in the sky, holding other fans to certain standards, holding girlfriends of the band to a whole other standard, the backlash from straying and feeling foolish in your fervent devotion sometimes. I also really loved that ...more
Ashley Tomlinson
Jun 17, 2016 Ashley Tomlinson rated it liked it
I was so excited to to read this book because the first one was so great. It wasn't quite what I expected it to be but I think I was hoping it would be like AGOS. I didn't dislike this book I just didn't love it as much as Chloe and Milo's story.

It was so hard for me to connect with Darby. I didn't really like her character all that much especially her jealousy. She even got jealous of Chloe's little sister that is in first grade. I hated how she thought about Chloe the way that she did. She di
Sam Kozbial
Mar 20, 2016 Sam Kozbial rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, ya
Rating: 3.5 Stars
This continuation of the Saturn series is cute, just the first one, but this one delves more into the fandom. Lots of cute snippets of fandom culture, I can admit, it made me giggle, as I was never any kid of fangirl. Once again, though, I wish there had been more of the couple of interest -- I wanted more meaningful interactions between Darby and Tate. Tate, the adorable Saturn, is very enjoyable, and I just wanted more of him and Darby and more of what made him interested in D
Deirdre
Jun 15, 2015 Deirdre rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
More fangirl fun

I'm the first to admit I've never been a Daniel of a boy band. A travesty. I know. But something about American Girl on Saturn got me hooked and I'm an official SAS fan. This novella was a quick, fun follow-up that I recommend for your summer reading list. Check out the rest of the series too!
Hazel Gower
Hazel Gower rated it liked it
Nov 21, 2014
Natalia
Natalia rated it liked it
May 31, 2015
Winnie
Winnie rated it liked it
Feb 12, 2016
Carol Martínez
Carol Martínez rated it it was ok
Sep 22, 2014
LuxNox17
LuxNox17 rated it it was amazing
Jan 09, 2016
Anna Mclain
Anna Mclain rated it really liked it
Nov 15, 2014
Isabella
Isabella rated it it was amazing
Jun 26, 2016
Mia
Mia rated it really liked it
Oct 06, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Mutilate My Heart (Mutilated, #1)
  • Spring Unleashed (Summer Unplugged, #4)
  • Those Four Letter Words (Four Letters, #0.5)
  • To the Sea (Follow Your Bliss #1)
  • Light Of A Thousand Stars (True Calling #2.5)
  • Frequent Flyers
  • Fifty Shades of Alice at the Hellfire Club (The Fifty Shades of Alice Trilogy Book 3)
  • Private Internship (Art of Love #2)
  • Rival Hearts (Rival Love, #2)
  • The Weight of Guilt
  • Nepenthe (Bracing for Love, #2)
  • Poison Tree (Reflection Pond, #2)
  • Unrequited
  • The Virgin Diaries
  • Only A Kiss
  • How to Get Ainsley Bishop to Fall in Love with You
  • Something About Love
  • Life In The No Dating Zone (The Zone #1)
Nikki Godwin is a YA/NA author of surf-focused fiction. She can't live without Mountain Dew, black eyeliner, and music by Hawthorne Heights. When not writing, she internet-stalks her favorite bands and keeps tabs on surf competitions. Her favorite surfer is Gabriel Medina. If you ever get her started on surfing or music, she'll never shut up. You've been warned.
More about Nikki Godwin...

Saturn (7 books)
  • American Girl on Saturn (Saturn, #1)
  • Cross Me off Your List (Saturn, #3)
  • Laugh at the Stars (Saturn, #4)
  • The Song That Means The Most (Saturn, #5)
  • Be Your Everything (Saturn, #6)
  • As Long As You're Listening (Saturn, #7)