Start by marking “I Know It's Over” as Want to Read:
I Know It's Over

I Know It's Over

3.5 of 5 stars 3.50  ·  rating details  ·  2,381 ratings  ·  230 reviews
PURE. UNPLANNED. PERFECT. Those were Nick’s summer plans before Sasha stepped into the picture. With the collateral damage from his parents’ divorce still settling and Dani (his girl of the moment) up for nearly anything, complications are the last thing he needs. All that changes, though, when Nick runs into Sasha at the beach in July. Suddenly he’s neck-deep in a relatio ...more
Published September 23rd 2008 by Random House Books for Young Readers (first published January 1st 2008)

Someone Like You by Sarah DessenForever by Judy BlumeDreamland by Sarah DessenGo Ask Alice by Beatrice SparksAfter by Amy Efaw
YA Sex & Pregnancy Novels
24th out of 267 books — 520 voters
Perfect Chemistry by Simone ElkelesRules of Attraction by Simone ElkelesThe DUFF by Kody KeplingerChain Reaction by Simone ElkelesShadow Kiss by Richelle Mead
Young Adult Fiction With Sex
72nd out of 535 books — 1,459 voters

More lists with this book...

Courtney
Aug 30, 2008 Courtney added it
Recommends it for: everyone
And thus my week of reading awesome books concludes with C.K. Kelly Martin's fantastic debut, I Know It's Over. And it. Was. Awesome. After reading Lacey's GoodReads review, I picked it up and was prepared to be totally heartbroken. I might have even been looking forward to it, because I am a Canadian and that's how we are. Or at least that is how I am. I like a good heartbreaking story (it's usually the happy ones that freak me out).

Anyway, as much as I thought I was prepared for this book, I
Cory
Feb 20, 2011 Cory rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Fans of Courtney Summers, Melina Marchetta, and Kody Keplinger
Recommended to Cory by: Persnickety Snark
I came into this book with high expectations. Having read excerpts of Martin's other novels, I could tell that I'd enjoy her books. I've been dying to read, The Lighter Side of Life and Death. As I was unable to find a copy of it, I decided to settle for I Know It's Over.

Canadians know how to write YA. Ok, so maybe I've only read four books by Canadian authors. But the few Canadian and Australian YA authors out there are putting out much better books than the majority of American authors.

This
Theresa
V. L.
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Breanna F. for TeensReadToo.com

Nick plans on having a long, carefree summer with no distractions and no problems. What with his parents' divorce and his father's new girlfriend, Nick needs all the downtime he can get. Even the girl he's seeing (Dani) is starting to get to him. The girl is up for anything, but for some reason Nick just doesn't seem that in to it anymore.

But Nick's summer plans of carefree go out the window when Sasha shows up. She's been going to school with him for
Tammara
Gut-wrenchingly raw and honest story about a boy dealing with the emotional aftermath of an unwanted breakup, and then the consequences of a pregnancy discovered weeks later. POV is Nick's, with the pregnancy news right up front. He backtracks mentally to the moment he first talked to Sasha, and everything that happened in the months between that moment and her shocking phone call. Where choice is concerned, Martin tackles Nick's confusion over what he actually wants, and his frustration with th ...more
Michelle
Christina
ɑƨħŵɑɡ ♥Team Magnus Damora FOREVER♥
Mostly, in YA Romances, We always get the girl's POV about falling in love and the hardship of breakups. This time, C.K. Kelly Martin, tells you the story from a guy's perspective.

Nick, or Nicholas, was on his way to spend his Christmas with his dad when his girlfriend Sasha calls him to tell him that she's pregnant. That's the bottom line people. What will this young couple do with such dilemma.

I found this really as I expected it if not more. It was emotional, touching and just interesting. I
Brianne Carter
I shouldn’t review this book.

All I want to say is: FDKJHKFSDX IT’S SO GOOD, GUYS. SO GOOD. PLEASE READ IT SO YOU CAN EXPERIENCE ITS AWESOMENESS.

Which isn’t the most (or, believe it or not, the least) coherent thing I’ve ever said. However, I’m going to try to write a semi-useful review, because guys, this book is so good!

I read both of Martin’s other novels before I read this one, and while I enjoyed them, I didn’t get her the way other authors and reviewers I respect did. I get it now.

Nick’s vo
Ivy
I Know It’s Over is a book with deep and interesting concepts, sex and homosexuality. Sex and homosexuality is one of many things that some teens go through.

I haven’t read a book where you are reading in the male’s perspective when it comes down to sex and pregnancy. Typically, sex and pregnancy are in a female’s point of view, but not in I Know It’s Over.

I really like the fact that we get to read what the guy thinks about sex and his sexual encounters. To me, Nick seems like a person who would
Savannah (Books With Bite)
What I really like is getting to see it from a boys pov and the things he went through. I like the way Ms. Martin showed the emotions. Not only the emotionally toll of the relationship but also the psychical toll as well. Nick does his best when it comes to supporting his ex-girlfriends and I admire him for that. He did whatever choice she made. What I didn't like is that Nick didn't really have a choice in the matter. While I was glad that he supported Sasha, Sahsha didn't support him. It was a ...more
Nicole
It was ok, for all the hype I've heard about it.

The book follows the relationship of Nick and Sasha, two 16-year-olds embarking on their first love. They end up losing their virginity to each other, and as things get more complicated, Sasha decides she's not ready for this type of relationship and breaks up with Nick. Devastated, Nick tries to get on with his life, only to find Sasha on his doorstep Christmas Eve telling him she's pregnant.

The first half of the book, talking about Nick and Sasha
Dottie
This book tackles sex, pregnancy, and abortion head on, but it is essentially a story of the end of a relationship told from the point of view of sixteen year old Nick Severson. Nick, a popular and good looking high school hockey player, finds himself completely shaken by the news that his ex-girlfriend is pregnant. This forces him to come to terms with the consequences of his actions and his lingering feelings for Sasha.

C.K. Kelly Martin's writing reminds me of Courtney Summer's in Cracked Up t
Carla
I am pretty certain that Martin is some kind of mastermind. A mastermind of WORDS! I have never read a book before that dealt with teen pregnancy from the boys perspective and I don't even know what I was expecting, but I wasn't expecting THIS. Her ability to weave some seriously heavy shit into a story that manages to be both quiet and loud is so extraordinary it makes my head spin. This is one of those books that under all the details there is a message; a message that will probably piss a lot ...more
Morgan: Read, Eat, Dream

I Know It’s Over by C.K. Kelly Martin is a moving young adult drama that reveals some of the complications, choices and consequences that result from an unwanted, unplanned teen pregnancy.

I immensely enjoyed this novel, and the only reason I didn’t rate it higher was because it wasn’t a novel I would want to re-read. When I rate a book 4 or 5 STARS it means I loved it so much I would want to revisit it down the ro
Ringo The Cat
I Know It’s Over is a very rare YA read in that this is a book about a teen relationship that has ended (I know It’s Over) but gets complicated all over again, but uncharacteristically from a male point of view. Not only is this very refreshing in YA-land, C.K. Kelly Martin also writes believably and convincingly from 16-year-old Nick’s point of view, not just a male POV for the sake of a male POV. On Christmas Eve Nick finds out that his ex-girlfriend Sasha is pregnant. Through a series of flas ...more
Michael
C.K. Kelly Martin's story of a teenage couple's rise, fall and the consequences of the choices they made together. Nick is an ordinary enough teenage boy, dating the girls who allow him to fool around but never quite let him go all the way. He then meets Sasha, who he finds himself falling for and sharing an entirely different kind of connection with, leading to his becoming faithful to her and pursuing a summertime romance together. Nick begins to push Sasha for more from their relationship on ...more
Cornmaven
This is a very complex book. Opening scene is the 16 year old male protagonist being told by his ex-girlfriend (she dumped him about one month earlier) that she's pregnant. On Christmas Eve.

What I liked about this book was the digging into the adolescent psyche. It's pretty strong stuff. A lot of scenes relating to sex in this book. The overall theme, which you would hope teens would get, is that casual sex is not a good idea, that even the most well-intended kids slip up, and then there's a pri
Isamlq
3.5/5

Here we have a kid who’s just a kid and doesn’t know what he’s supposed to do when faced with a big thing. The good thing: he doesn’t pretend otherwise. Whatever it is he does happen to feel, he does…no false bravado on his part. You’d think him whiny self centered kid, who’s got too much of everything.. And perhaps, he is that, but there’s no denying that with each page, you know whatever his feelings were for whatever was going on at that moment, be it anger, confusion, lust… and yes, con
Gabrielle Prendergast
Anna
I appreciate what the author was trying to do with this book but, for me, it was kind of meandering and, quite honestly, just poorly written. There was way too much reliance on dialogue and not enough actual writing and character development. Nick and Sasha and the rest of the supporting cast felt flat. The story was purely plot-driven and I thought it lacked the entire emotional side of teen pregnancy.

The best thing about this book, for me, was that it actually presented abortion as an option
TheSaint
Apr 24, 2014 TheSaint rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: ya
It's so rare to find a YA novel that addresses the holy trinity of lust/love/relationships from the male perspective. And even more rare to to find the voice utterly true, and the characters utterly real, warts and all.

Too bad guys don't read much realistic fiction. My male students who read (mostly adventure and dystopian) could very likely learn to really like this one, but frankly, I'm a little hesitant to offer it.
Kelly
My heart is still aching for Sasha and Nick.

I Know It's Over is such a wonderful honest tale of teenage pregnancy. yet it never screems Teenage Public Service announcement

I loved that the POV came from Nick. At times I wanted Sasha's POV but overall I think the dialouge driven book does well capturing her feelings as well.

I found this book very relative to today's teens with the "friends with benefits" and "hooking up". When Nick meets Sasha he finds that things can get much more complicated
Megan
I absolutely love C.K. Kelly Martin`s writing. She has such a talent of speaking through teenagers minds and this book was no exception. The situation that Nick and Sasha find themselves in is a very serious, heart-breaking matter and when reading this book, you feel all of their emotions. I felt terrible for Nick because he seemed so in love with Sasha, but I just feel like she never really gave him what he deserved and that she was only looking out for herself.

Dealing with being pregnant at s
Ria
Not really fan of the whole story but it does really makes a mark in my heart. I felt the pain of their relationship and love. I wished things goes differently and that their love was enough. But they are still so young and many things may happen. I know that that was really the ending but in my mind I picture them getting back together after the long long years of separation. I am really a fan of Sasha and Nick and I am hoping and wishing for the very best for the both of them.

So if you are re
Night~light
Interesting and heartbreaking book. I don't like love stories but this is not exactly a love story, this is something more. The first part is love story but not in a sugary way, and the second part of the book is really sad story.The dead-lock in which the characters are is so dramatic and fascinated. The book is really authentic and I think that this is some kind of charm.
This is one teen love story which can teach you, which can make you sad or happy, which can touch you heart.
(;
Loretta Nyhan
Stunning. The book I want my son to read when he hits the teen years, though it isn't at all an afterschool special-ish issue-driven book. I Know It's Over made me think while I was reading it, really think--about the first time life hits a person upside the head, and the emotions that come on so strong they're almost unmanageable. Nick's experience is personal and universal and engaging and shattering. I couldn't put this book down.
 Soph - Lock&Key
Third time lucky.....

Finally finished this one. this book was not what I hoped it would be, it was okay, I guess.
does this have a happy ending ?? 4 14 Nov 06, 2013 08:13AM
  • Every Little Thing in the World
  • Lost It
  • Tell Me a Secret
  • Same Difference
  • Jumping Off Swings (Jumping Off Swings #1)
  • Invincible Summer
  • Sticky Fingers
  • The Other Boy
  • The Secret Life of Prince Charming
  • After the Moment
  • Psych Major Syndrome
  • Unraveling
  • Some Girls Are
Most of my time spent at York University in Toronto was as an English major, not the traditional way to graduate with a B.A. in Film Studies but a fine way to get a general arts education. After graduation I headed for Dublin, Ireland and spent the majority of the nineties there in forgettable jobs meeting unforgettable people and enjoying the buzz.

I always thoughts I'd get around to writing in ea
More about C.K. Kelly Martin...
My Beating Teenage Heart One Lonely Degree The Lighter Side of Life and Death Yesterday Come See About Me

“Love does strange things to you sometimes. It can twist you into saying and doing things that you know you’ll regret and still, you do them.” 49 likes
“How many times can a person break you heart?” 47 likes