Start by marking “To Hate Adam Connor” as Want to Read:
To Hate Adam Connor

To Hate Adam Connor

4.25  ·  Rating Details ·  5,899 Ratings  ·  529 Reviews
*Lucy's story is a complete standalone*

So you may ask, who is Adam Connor? He is the recently divorced, Academy Award-winning actor who just moved in next door with his kid. He also happens to be an exquisite male specimen and the most infuriating sly bastard I’ve ever come across.

Published June 9th 2016

To ask other readers questions about To Hate Adam Connor, please sign up.

Ella Maise Hello Mary!!!
Hello Mary!!!
I'm so happy that you're so excited about Lucy's story. It's a good one, I promise. And Jameson...I guess you'll see what he's been up to :) Just between us -- he wasn't taking good care of her heart. ;)(less)
Ella Maise IHi Raeoni! I've had some health issues these last few months which is why I'm so late with Adam Connor. However, I'm going to announce the date in a…moreIHi Raeoni! I've had some health issues these last few months which is why I'm so late with Adam Connor. However, I'm going to announce the date in a week or two. Hopefully it'll be the first half of June though. <3(less)

Jennifer Kyle
Feb 03, 2016 Jennifer Kyle rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
4.5 Cursed STARS

Breaking News: To Hate Adam Connor is a WINNER!

description

Fans of To Love Jason Thorn may remember Olive’s best friend Lucy if not have no fear this story can be read as a standalone. Lucy Meyers feels that the women of her family are cursed. Though she loves to watch her best friend bask in the love she has found she has no disillusions that she will experience the same especially when her boyfriend moves out of town and doesn’t ask her join him.

”I’m never saying I love you to any oth
XxTainaxX
Sep 17, 2016 XxTainaxX rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This is my absolute favorite book of 2016! When I tell you I LOVED it, I mean if I was rich, I'd totally buy all of Goodreads their own copy :) Lucy is my kind of heroine. She is sarcastic, hilarious, sweet, sassy and so much more. Adam is a great single father and Lucy's perfect match... even if he's the one that causes her to go to jail LOL Lucy's friendship with her bestie Olive is amazing. The rapport they have feels so genuine and easy that there's no doubt as to the depth of their love for ...more
Maddie
Sep 19, 2016 Maddie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Maddie by: Steffi De Ceuster ♥
Shelves: favorite, bb, hot, funny, friend-rec
According to me the 1st Chapter of a book is THE reflection - SO it must capture my attention from page 1 I will continue a few more chapters to give the Book a fair chance to change my mind!

My review!

description

This book is for everyone who had—at some point in their life—trouble believing they were worth the trouble.

John Paul Young - "Yesterday's Hero"

Chapter 1

description

Boom! You’re in love. Congrats. And, well, f_ck you, dear heart!

Now you can thoroughly enjoy the mise
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★

LMAO! Sounds like hero had heroine thrown in jail for stalking!

Stand-alone
Purchase: | AMZ US | AMZ UK |
Blurb:
Let’s be honest here, wouldn’t you wanna take a peek over the wall to catch a glimpse of him, hopefully when he is naked? Wouldn’t you melt away a
Maria...
"4,5 Firecracker stars"

This book was AMAZING!!!!

"Let's not play games, Lucy.
I want your heart and I will have it."

description

I loved everything about it and I wasn't expecting to like it so much!It was a nice surprise! I enjoyed Adam and Lucy and their little human Aiden! Of course Olive and Jason were very present in this book and had some funny moments!

description

Let's start with this review and the great things I have to share with you.

This book was pretty funny especially Lucy with Olive were hilarious! They
Olga therebelreader
The story is full of over the top humor, which I enjoyed. It’s funny, sweet and sexy. I laughed out loud so many times and I fell in love with Adam and Lucy.

Lucy is a very likeable heroine that pretty much says whatever she's thinking at the moment. Adam is protective, romantic, sweet and all kinds of wonderful. They are extremely compatible in many aspects and soon they find out they may really like each other and things get more serious.

Two people you know are going to fall in love but the st
Norah Una Sumner

description

He may be a lot of things - a father, an ex-husband, an Academy Award wining actor, but Adam Connor isn't someone who'll just give up when shit gets real. He's a loyal, persistent and "exquisite male specimen" as our female protagonist Lucy would say. The chemistry between them was da bomb, my friends. That sexual tension was palpable. Even though Lucy thinks the women from her family are cursed when it comes to their love life & keeps pushing Adam away, he's always there to catch h
Ella Maise
May 27, 2016 Ella Maise rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Denisa
This is one of those hard to rate books.

At times I adored the MC. She's sarcastic and funny and interesting.
But... Yes, there is always a "but". There were moments when I felt like the author was trying too much and the MC's attitude was exaggerated. She was annoying and she acted like a 5 year old.
Now you see why this book is hard to rate?!

Except the MC, nothing else was remarkable about it. Sorry to say that, since everyone seemed to love this one, but well, it wasn't as special as I expected
Lady Gabriella of Awesomeness

★★★4.5 You're everything to me Stars ★★★★

Get ready ladies ! There’s a new hottie that just hit town! Seriously no kidding if you ever had a thing for Jason Throne from book 1 and thought no other could ever reach his level of swoon-worthiness. Think again daring! Connor with his green eyes and sexy smile(Among other things ).Just might tempt you to the dark side ;) Or in this case tempt you to climb over his boundary wall..

I’ve been reading novels for quite some time now..Mystery,Romance,Erotic
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
Jun 09, 2016 Jenny - TotallybookedBlog rated it really liked it

4.5 fabulous stars

“You can’t look at me like that.”
“Why not?”
“Because I’m not supposed to like you.”
“But I like you very much, Lucy.”

What a fabulous read! This one ticked all the romance ‘want‘ boxes! It was sweet, funny, had a drool worthy hero, a feisty heroine who certainly made him work for her affections and fabulous banter between Lucy and Olive, her best friend. Not to mention Adam is a Hollywood heartthrob and Hollywood’s hottest Dad to THE most ADORABLE little five year old boy you
Paula
Jun 07, 2016 Paula rated it it was ok

I think I could've enjoyed this book more if the heroine wasn't such an annoying, immature, kooky character. I really could not connect with her. I hated the way she continued to play her silly "I hate you but I want you" games almost to the end. I wanted her to own up to her feelings and stop being so...weird. I skimmed from 66% on. Definitely not my cuppa.
Jacqueline's Reads
Jun 10, 2016 Jacqueline's Reads rated it really liked it
4 Mr. Movie Stars

I love a movie star Hero. I like the gliz and the glamor but you know what I love even more, the main Hero has a son! Yes, this is a single parent book and you know I’m all over that.

To Hate Adam Connor is a standalone, but it’s a spinoff from To Love Jason Thorn. Olive is best friends with Lucy and Adam lives next door to Jason. This is Lucy and Adam’s story.

Lucy is a strong, independent cursed Heroine. She just recently gotten out of a relationship and she believes she will ne
Kelli C ~ Jack Sawyer's Heart
4.25 Quirky Hateful Stars!

This was a fun fast read! What a fun combination of a quirky sassy gal and a steamy hot Hollywood heartthrob! Filled with lots of sexual tension and swoon-worthy romantic gestures, Adam Connor will definitely not have you hating him! Lucy Meyer was been "cursed" and unable to fall in love, but the push to get her to see her what was right in front of her was awesome as well as scorching hot! Kudos for a light romance with great open communication and many LOL moments of
Jen
Aug 05, 2016 Jen rated it it was amazing

After reading To Love Jason Thorn, I knew I had to read To Hate Adam Connor right away. Just the title was intriguing to me because it sounds like a hate/love trope and I love those. Plus after meeting Lucy, I couldn't wait to read her story.

"I believe in love. Wholeheartedly."
"Now...do I let love in? Nope. I try my hardest not to, thank you very much. Been there, done that."

Lucy is Olive's best friend and at one roommate. Lucy has always been opposed to falling in love. Instead she'd rather ha
Spoiler Whore says calm your tits people, it's just a book
There's this one scene. A scene where the hero and heroine are dancing. Then they're not dancing. She puts her hand over his heart and he stills. THAT moment did me in and from there on out, I fell in love with the story.

*Purchased*
Gitte TotallyBookedBlog
Jun 01, 2016 Gitte TotallyBookedBlog rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016

4.5 fabulous stars

“You can’t look at me like that.”
“Why not?”
“Because I’m not supposed to like you.”
“But I like you very much, Lucy.”

Donna ~ The Romance Cover
Jun 06, 2016 Donna ~ The Romance Cover rated it really liked it
To Hate Adam Connor by Ella Maise
4.5 stars!!!

“I’m just a boy…standing in front of a girl, asking her to love him.”

OMG, I have to say I adored this book, there is nothing more ovary combusting that a single dad that adores his son and Adam Connor is just that man, add to that he is a hot, top Hollywood actor who doesn’t let fame and fortune come between he and his son and Ella Maise penned a certain winner, at least in my eyes.

For those that have read To Love Jason Thorn, you may remember Lu
Bindi Boo
Jun 10, 2016 Bindi Boo rated it really liked it
4.5 stars!!

Gah, this book took me a week thanks to my damn exams, but i devoured the last few chapters last night as soon as i was done!! Although not a fan of the first one (To Love Jason Thorn-as it was super draggy) I still went ahead and got this one. Boy am i glad. I LOVED it!!! This enemy to friends to lovers story totally captivated me and pulled at my heart strings.

Lucy gets 'dumped' and moves into her best friend Olive's home to recuperate. Olive is married to hollywood heart throb Jas
Jeannine Allison
2.5 stars...

Welp...

description

I was pretty underwhelmed with this one :/ But this is clearly a case of "it's not you, it's me" since everyone else loved it.

description

I think it boils down to is the OTT humor--it was just too much for me. And what sucks is Lucy was actually funny... really freaking funny, but it went to far IMO. I kept hoping and praying that she would lighten up with it because honestly that was the only thing stopping me from loving this story!

description

I just wanted Lucy to be a little more mature once she
Jenny
Jun 07, 2016 Jenny rated it really liked it

This book, gosh this book was a beautiful mess, dang near a perfect mess. It's got enough humor to keep you laughing throughout the book. It's sweet, it's sassy, and it gives you ohhhh feel good feeling of falling in love with Adam & Lucy. You know that these two beautiful souls will fall in love, this book is just slow in letting them, it's simple and sweet but leaves you with a huge smile on your face at the end. Definitely a book id recommend to those looking for a sweet romance with a li
AJ
I loved it! 4.5 stars!!

I loved this book! A fun, sexy and heartfelt enemies-to-lovers romance between a hot, Hollywood superstar and his pervy neighbour that has sworn off love. This book completely captivated me and made me fall in love, and I loved every moment of it!

This book is a standalone but it does follow on from To Love Jason Thorn. It’s the story of Olive’s vivacious best friend, Lucy. She has just been dumped and has moved in with Olive and her Hollywood heartthrob husband, Jason, to
Give Me Books
Jun 12, 2016 Give Me Books rated it it was amazing
In the interest of full disclosure, you all should probably know that I ADORED To Love Jason Thorn enough that I was pretty impatient for this book. I had higher than high expectations, and I really, really needed to know what happened to put Lucy Meyer in Adam Connor’s path because… Jameson. So, what happens when you finally get the chance to read a book you’ve been waiting on?

Oh, you fall in love. With a movie star. Who has all the right words and moves and things. ALL THE RIGHT THINGS, people
Vini
Sep 12, 2016 Vini rated it really liked it
3.75 Stars

I did not expect to like it as much as i did To Love Jason Thorn and i didn't. Not to that extent anyways. But i did like it.
I loved Jason. And i can't say if i didn't love Adam too.

Adam Connor, Award winning actor, recently divorced and father to a very cute 5 year old. So basically he's a single sexy bachler dad, {ain't that cute.. A hot guy with a kid always a swoon worthy sight!}
And he moved right next door to Jason & Olive's place. Where currently Lucy is staying.

Lucy Meye
Dominika
Oct 25, 2016 Dominika rated it really liked it
Shelves: audiobooks
4.5
Audiobook
Bexxy (Desperately Seeking HEA's Blog)
“She twisted her body and thanks to the moonlight, I was able to see her face more clearly. She was so fucking beautiful, even more so in the soft moonlight. Unfortunately, she was also a spirited lunatic—a beautiful one, sure, but still a lunatic.”

Oh Adam Connor. You incredibly sweet and romantic Boy!

When I found out that To Hate Adam Connor was releasing I made myself a promise that I wouldn't fall for Adam. That Jason (From To Love Jason Thorn) would remain my number one Book Boyfriend. Unfor
Sheila'S Book Corner
Ella Maise Ella Maise Ella Maise she is just so good. I love her writing. LOVE

[image error]

When we met Lucy in the book To love Jason Thorne we knew she was a little quirky but to see it. I just had a ball reading this!

Hollywoods Royalty is what I called him the whole time. I mean his parents are actors, his grandfather is..you get my picture

He also happens to
Carolina
Jun 17, 2016 Carolina rated it it was amazing
4.5

Debo de ser muy maniática yo con los finales porque, otra vez más, me ha sabido precipitado. Pero me ha encantado la historia! Muy recomendada ;)
Leigh
Sep 22, 2016 Leigh rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
To Hate Adam Connor was an absolute pleasure to read. I loved it from beginning to end. Adam is sexy and an awesome dad. His son Aiden was just the sweetest little man. I loved that he didn't play games and told Lucy exactly what he wanted. Lucy was also great. She was so funny that I found myself laughing out loud with what came out of her mouth. She was loving and a loyal friend. I loved how they started off bitter with each other and then grew into more. I also enjoyed Jason and Olive again t ...more
Goodreads Librari...: Please add cover 3 19 Mar 08, 2017 11:17PM
Fifty Shades Supp...: July 2016 BOTM -To Hate Adam Connor by Ella Maise 12 33 Jul 31, 2016 06:49PM
  • Waking Olivia
  • Athica Lane (Carpino, #3)
  • Walk of Shame (G-Man, Next Generation, #1)
  • Hardass (Bad Bitch, #2)
  • Soar (Cold Mark Saga #5)
  • Anything but Minor (Balls in Play, #1)
  • Brokenly Found (Faith, #2)
  • Yearning Devotion (Yearning Series, #1)
  • Just Her Luck
  • SECRET Trilogy (Secret, #1-3)
  • Warden (Elemental Paladins, #1)
  • Devious Minds (Devious Minds, #1)
  • Darkness Descends: A Skye Faden Novel
  • Baby's Got Bite (Take It Like a Vamp, #2)
  • The Billionaire's Wife: The Complete Series (The Billionaire's Wife #1-9)
  • The One In My Heart
  • Semper Mine (Sons of War, #1)
  • Strictly off Limits (Jade's Diaries, Strictly, #0.5)
I'm an avid reader. Therefore, a big dreamer. I love nothing more than to escape real life to find those very few magical moments in a book. I love how it has the power of stealing your worries away, putting a smile on your face, and of course sometimes making you crush on fictional characters. If I can manage to do even one of those things for a reader, I will be a happy writer.

I can't even begin
More about Ella Maise...

“Because if I fall in love with him I won’t survive that fall.” 3 likes
“If you don’t stay here tonight, Lucy, I’m breaking into Jason’s house,” 3 likes