Start by marking “The Green Island Mystery (A Connie Blair Mystery, #5)” as Want to Read:
The Green Island Mystery (A Connie Blair Mystery, #5)

The Green Island Mystery (A Connie Blair Mystery #5)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating Details  ·  16 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
Mystery was the furthest thing from Connie's mind as she waved good-bye to her family and realized again that she was on her way to Bermuda – on business, with all expenses paid by her employer, Reid and Renshaw!

But Connie, running true to form, finds herself knee-deep in mystery long before the Queen of Bermuda docks. While on board, Connie meets David Scott and learns ab
Hardback, 205 pages
Published 1949 by Grosset and Dunlap

To ask other readers questions about The Green Island Mystery, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Green Island Mystery

Olivia
Mar 07, 2015 Olivia rated it really liked it
The culprit was sooo obvious from the start but it kinda twisted at the end and surprised me. It was a good read. These books are amazing when it comes to racial equality. Many books from this time period, including goody goody Nancy Drew, are very racist and have stereotypical portrayals of many races. Not just blacks but also Mexicans, Italians, Gypsy, etc. In this book Connie is in Bermuda and a man of color tells her how they have more right in that country and can be on Congress and Connie ...more
William Land
The beautiful island paradise, Bermuda, is the backdrop for Connie's latest adventure. On a business trip with Reid and Renshaw colleage, Georgia Cameron, Connie's assignment is to create appropriate sketches for use in the advertising account for the wares of the Tremont Shop, a store handing all sorts of British importations.

En route, during the ship's crossing, Connie and Georgia meet David Scott, a young man traveling to Bermuda to claim his inheritance from his deceased aunt, famed about Pe
Kristine Hansen
Sep 25, 2014 Kristine Hansen rated it it was amazing
You MUST read this in historical context or you'll be driven batty I'm sure. I have no difficulty separating the attitudes toward 'negros' and their speech in the book - this is part of our history and who we were in the late 1940s. That said...I loved the book.

Romantic setting, puzzling mystery, hints of danger, exciting career...really this book has it all. AND also keeping in mind historical context - don't you love how women are depicted in exciting careers (here in advertising) doing amazin
Donnell
Oct 27, 2013 Donnell rated it really liked it
I am really enjoying Connie Blair, so sad the books are so hard to get. In my view they are smart, informative, entertaining even just this side of plausible.

In this book, in addition to a mystery and further insight into the topic of women traveling on business in the late 1940's, we get a visit to Bermuda. First off, who knew it was in the Atlantic Ocean on the way to Europe? Not me; I though it was in the Caribbean.

Supplementing the descriptions of the town, the names of shops and the menti
Kim
Apr 21, 2014 Kim rated it it was amazing
One of my favorites- especially love that her boss - after remaining a career gal- finds love and a spectacularly wealthy husband! In Bermuda! Classic mid-century about following your dreams and all will work out for the best!
Flannery Francis
Flannery Francis rated it it was amazing
Apr 23, 2016
K.l.
K.l. added it
May 01, 2016
Zsa Zsa
Zsa Zsa marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2015
Clara-Ellen
Clara-Ellen marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2015
Anne
Anne rated it really liked it
Jan 15, 2015
Hillary
Hillary marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2014
Mitali
Mitali marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2014
Erin
Erin marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2014
Jenn Sut
Jenn Sut rated it liked it
Feb 01, 2014
Renée Szostek
Renée Szostek rated it it was amazing
Sep 12, 2013
Steve Leadley
Steve Leadley rated it it was amazing
Apr 07, 2013
Ashley Tompkins
Ashley Tompkins rated it liked it
Sep 30, 2012
Sarah Richmond
Sarah Richmond marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2012
Kymberli Briggs
Kymberli Briggs marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2012
Linda
Linda rated it liked it
Mar 19, 2012
Mary
Mary rated it it was amazing
Jan 26, 2011
Megan
Megan rated it liked it
Jan 03, 2015
Becky
Becky rated it liked it
Jun 11, 2009
Christine
Christine marked it as to-read
Oct 27, 2008
Becky Seifert
Becky Seifert marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2008
Holly
Holly rated it liked it
Jul 27, 2008
Betsy Allen was a pseudonym used by Betty Cavanna for books one through eleven of the Connie Blair mysteries. The authorship of book 12 is unknown.
More about Betsy Allen...

A Connie Blair Mystery (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • The Clue in Blue (A Connie Blair Mystery, #1)
  • The Riddle in Red (A Connie Blair Mystery, #2)
  • Puzzle in Purple (A Connie Blair Mystery, #3)
  • The Secret of Black Cat Gulch (A Connie Blair Mystery, #4)
  • The Ghost Wore White (A Connie Blair Mystery, #6)
  • The Yellow Warning (A Connie Blair Mystery, #7)
  • The Grey Menace (A Connie Blair Mystery, #8)
  • Peril in Pink (A Connie Blair Mystery, #10)
  • The Silver Secret (A Connie Blair Mystery, #11)
  • Connie Blair: The Mystery of the Ruby Queens