Start by marking “The Green Island Mystery (A Connie Blair Mystery, #5)” as Want to Read:
The Green Island Mystery (A Connie Blair Mystery, #5)

The Green Island Mystery (A Connie Blair Mystery #5)

3.93 of 5 stars 3.93  ·  rating details  ·  14 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Mystery was the furthest thing from Connie's mind as she waved good-bye to her family and realized again that she was on her way to Bermuda – on business, with all expenses paid by her employer, Reid and Renshaw!

But Connie, running true to form, finds herself knee-deep in mystery long before the Queen of Bermuda docks. While on board, Connie meets David Scott and learns ab
Hardback, 205 pages
Published 1949 by Grosset and Dunlap

To ask other readers questions about The Green Island Mystery, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Green Island Mystery

William Land
The beautiful island paradise, Bermuda, is the backdrop for Connie's latest adventure. On a business trip with Reid and Renshaw colleage, Georgia Cameron, Connie's assignment is to create appropriate sketches for use in the advertising account for the wares of the Tremont Shop, a store handing all sorts of British importations.

En route, during the ship's crossing, Connie and Georgia meet David Scott, a young man traveling to Bermuda to claim his inheritance from his deceased aunt, famed about Pe
Kristine Pratt
You MUST read this in historical context or you'll be driven batty I'm sure. I have no difficulty separating the attitudes toward 'negros' and their speech in the book - this is part of our history and who we were in the late 1940s. That said...I loved the book.

Romantic setting, puzzling mystery, hints of danger, exciting career...really this book has it all. AND also keeping in mind historical context - don't you love how women are depicted in exciting careers (here in advertising) doing amazin
Donnell
I am really enjoying Connie Blair, so sad the books are so hard to get. In my view they are smart, informative, entertaining even just this side of plausible.

In this book, in addition to a mystery and further insight into the topic of women traveling on business in the late 1940's, we get a visit to Bermuda. First off, who knew it was in the Atlantic Ocean on the way to Europe? Not me; I though it was in the Caribbean.

Supplementing the descriptions of the town, the names of shops and the menti
Kim
One of my favorites- especially love that her boss - after remaining a career gal- finds love and a spectacularly wealthy husband! In Bermuda! Classic mid-century about following your dreams and all will work out for the best!
Olivia
Olivia is currently reading it
Feb 19, 2015
Hillary
Hillary marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2014
Mitali
Mitali marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2014
Erin
Erin marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2014
Sarah Richmond
Sarah Richmond marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2012
Kymberli Briggs
Kymberli Briggs marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2012
Christine
Christine marked it as to-read
Oct 27, 2008
Becky Seifert
Becky Seifert marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2008
Betsy Allen was a pseudonym used by Betty Cavanna for books one through eleven of the Connie Blair mysteries. The authorship of book 12 is unknown.
More about Betsy Allen...

A Connie Blair Mystery (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • The Clue in Blue (A Connie Blair Mystery, #1)
  • The Riddle in Red (A Connie Blair Mystery, #2)
  • Puzzle in Purple (A Connie Blair Mystery, #3)
  • The Secret of Black Cat Gulch (A Connie Blair Mystery, #4)
  • The Ghost Wore White (A Connie Blair Mystery, #6)
  • The Yellow Warning (A Connie Blair Mystery, #7)
  • The Grey Menace (A Connie Blair Mystery, #8)
  • Peril in Pink (A Connie Blair Mystery, #10)
  • The Silver Secret (A Connie Blair Mystery, #11)
  • Connie Blair: The Mystery of the Ruby Queens
The Riddle in Red (A Connie Blair Mystery, #2) The Clue in Blue (A Connie Blair Mystery, #1) Puzzle in Purple (A Connie Blair Mystery, #3) The Secret of Black Cat Gulch (A Connie Blair Mystery, #4) The Ghost Wore White (A Connie Blair Mystery, #6)