Start by marking “Listening to God” as Want to Read:
Listening to God

Listening to God

4.08  ·  Rating Details  ·  59 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
When we seek his voice, God is far from silent. In this profound spiritual testimony, Joyce Huggett draws on many years’ experience of prayerfully listening to God to offer practical guidance and advice for anyone seeking a new dimension of prayer. Offering encouragement to start out on the journey, she tackles common difficulties honestly, and points towards a thrilling n ...more
Published October 1st 2006 by Hodder & Stoughton (first published May 1st 1986)

To ask other readers questions about Listening to God, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Listening to God

Christine
Mar 31, 2012 Christine rated it really liked it
Shelves: christian
Although this is a book on contemplative prayer, there is plenty in it to appeal to those of us who just want to learn more about Listening to God, but are not called to contemplation. The book follows Joyce Hugget's journey from her first calling to contemplative prayer, through her trials and tribulations, to where she was at the time of publication. It covers suggestions for how to set up a prayer room, different ways of moving into prayer, positions for praying, types of bible reading, and s ...more
Alison
Nov 30, 2009 Alison rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An awesome book - I've read it a chapter a week to help me to digest the content. Joyce writes very honestly about how she developed her listening skills - and the benefits and problems she encountered. I've been trying to use some of her ideas and it's fab! Seeing God in the natural world (rather than simply enjoying it as something God has made) is a relevation and the picture of God wanting to provide for all the areas of my life, like the veins on a leaf will stay with me.
Frank Peters
Jul 02, 2011 Frank Peters rated it liked it
The majority of the book is excellent (assuming you are interested in listening to God). It is written in a way that implies that everyone can have the same experiences as the author. Later in the book she discusses that this is not the case, however I still found that the book often made me feel inadequate and depressed rather than encouraged to pursue God.
Kelly Smeeton
An absolute must-read for every Christian. It is full of helpful tips and she was refreshingly honest about how she has struggled with listening prayer. Helped me to understand too that I am a thinking extrovert and that different people will pray in different ways. Highly recommend.
Leani
Mar 02, 2013 Leani rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christian
A great introduction to the art of listening prayer, and something to refer to again and again on the journey.
Janet
Feb 21, 2012 Janet rated it it was amazing
Very informative.
Hps
Hps marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2016
Yewande O
Yewande O marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2016
Sharon
Sharon added it
Feb 07, 2016
Lwantale
Lwantale marked it as to-read
Dec 03, 2015
Rachel
Rachel rated it liked it
Oct 17, 2015
Manohar Paul
Manohar Paul marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2015
Kailey Rogers
Kailey Rogers marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2015
Daniel
Daniel marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2015
Mandy
Mandy marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2015
Vivien Lee
Vivien Lee marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2015
Kat
Kat marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2015
Kara
Kara rated it really liked it
Dec 18, 2015
Louise Roques
Louise Roques rated it liked it
May 23, 2015
David Pearson
David Pearson rated it did not like it
May 12, 2015
Nancy
Nancy marked it as to-read
May 07, 2015
Jo Chambers
Jo Chambers rated it really liked it
Apr 28, 2015
Lina Phon
Lina Phon marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2015
Jenn Sands
Jenn Sands rated it really liked it
May 08, 2015
Bryan Dedman
Bryan Dedman rated it liked it
Feb 02, 2015