Jatuhnya Sang Adam / Adam's Fall

Jatuhnya Sang Adam / Adam's Fall (Mason Sisters #2)

3.68 of 5 stars 3.68  ·  rating details  ·  2,265 ratings  ·  75 reviews
Lilah Mason merupakan salah satu terapis fisik yang terbaik. Ia tak kenal lelah. Seluruh perhatian dan energinya tercurah hanya untuk kariernya. Namun kehidupannya langsung berubah ketika Lilah mendapat pasien bernama Adam Cavanaugh, yang terjatuh dalam pendakian gunung.

Belum pernah ia mendapat pasien yang lebih keras kepala daripada Adam, yang menantangnya di setiap kesem...more
Mass Market Paperback, 248 pages
Published March 2004 by Gramedia Pustaka Utama (first published 1988)

Buggy
Opening Line: “It made the evening news.”

This was a pretty good read even though it’s kinda dated now (1988) and some of the themes and situations annoyed me. For the most part it’s your basic 80’s contemporary romance and doesn’t require too much brain power to get through.

Adam’s Fall is apparently book 2 in the Mason sister’s series (who knew?) but works just fine as a standalone. Written exclusively from the heroine’s 3rd person POV we unfortunately never get into Adam’s head (was that the st...more
Karla

5 Stars!! I started this morning and didn't stop till I was finished. Is there such a thing as Kindle burn...you know where you're swiping the pages so fast that your finger starts to get hot?! Yep...happened to me!!

This was a fast read, but oh so good! Easy to get through. Nothing missing though...angsty, humorous, snarky, witty, fantastic dialogue, heart-wrenching, loaded with sexual tension, and it all leads to a damn good ending! Old school Sandra Brown, that works in today's reading world....more
Lady Heather
Feb 02, 2012 Lady Heather rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: contemporary romance fans
Recommended to Lady Heather by: WLLK ladies book list
Just so you know.. couldn't put this book down all day...NO SERIOUSLY..I COULDN'T!
..couldn't wait to read about the characters (who I fell in love with in the previous book), the story, and I was so involved with the writing I lost total track of time (sorry to my family about dinner..won't happen again..well not too soon anyway).

Highly recommend this book to fans of contemporary romance..you won't be disappointed!
Katherine St. Vincent 黄爱芬
Maldivianbookreviewer
Mar 22, 2011 Maldivianbookreviewer rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of earlier novels by Sandra Brown/Erin St. Claire.
Recommended to Maldivianbookreviewer by: Reviews on Goodreads
3.5 Stars Contemporary

I can't make up my mind as to whether I have read Adam's Fall prior to this or not. The story that unfolded reminded me of the novel Come Lie With Me by Linda Howard that stems from a similar theme.

Adam's Fall is book 2 in the Mason sisters series, the first book being Fanta C. Adam's Fall begins with the news that uber rich hotel entrepreneur Adam Cavanaugh was involved in a mountain climbing accident in Northern Italy, killing two of his companions in the process leavin...more
Wendy S. Marcus
This book was recommended by my friend Karla. When I started reading I'd realized I read it before. But it was good enough to drag me in again. I had a few problems with the story but overall a classic Sandra Brown Loveswept. I enjoyed it - again.
Sandra
I loved this book by SANDRA BROWN. When the hero Adam is hurt in a climbing accident his friends hire physical therapist Lilah to help him out. Adam and Lilah know each other and never got on well. Now Adam has to put up with Lilah in order to recover. Adam and Lilah have great chemistry together. And there was added tension when Adam's former girlfriend shows up. I found this book very captivating and hard to put down.

I look forward to reading more of Sandra Brown's books in the future.
kilty
Freakin' Good!
Hero was a sob..Heroine just a b and somehow they b___d! Oh! I can spell that..bonded, that is..*grin*
..and to continue with the b's..bullet fast dialog delivery and a bombshell of a heroine, always ready to explode..no coy crap there! telling it like it is and boy! did she give the "other woman" a run for the hero's money;-) She was a perfect match for one of my (manyyyy) fav. kind of heros..the Grump! AWESOME!

Although Sandra Brown's books seem like racy cliches with a dying bree...more
Ms Fine
some books I got from Borders Going Out of Business sale and some from Bookbuyers
------- ADAM'S FALL
For the past few years, Lilah Mason has watched her sister find love, get married, and have children, while she's been more than content to channel her energies into her career. A physical therapist with an unsinkable spirit and unwavering compassion, she's one of the best in the field. But when Lilah takes on a demanding new case, her patient's life isn't the only one transformed. Her new patient...more
destinugrainy
Saya lagi keranjingan baca novelnya Sandra Brown, apalagi beberapa novel Sandra Brown yang saya baca akhir-akhir ini memang sudah masuk daftar wishlist untuk dibaca. Novel yang satu ini masuk dalam wishlist saya sejak membaca Fanta C. Saya penasaran dengan karakter Lilah Mason, adiknya Elizabeth yang nyentrik. Apalagi dalam novel ini dia “dipasangkan” dengan bos-nya Elizabeth, Adam Cavanaugh.

Adam Cavanaugh mengalami cidera yang cukup parah ketika terjatuh dalam pendakian gunung. Bagian bawah tub...more
OceMei Belikova♥
daku suka sekali!!!! http://www.smileycodes.info
Lilah Mason dan Adam Cavanaugh musuh bebuyutan. Setiap kali mereka bertemu akan terjadi pertengkaran mulut yang bisa memekakkan telinga siapa saja.

Dan ketika Adam diberitakan jatuh sewaktu mendaki gunung, saudara Lilah, Elizabeth dan suaminya Thad memohon kepada Lilah agar mau menjadi terapis fisiknya. Lilah menolak mati-matian ide tsb, tapi siapa yang bisa menolak kalau digaji seribu dolar sehari dan bisa bersantai di Hawai? LOL
Akhirnya Lilah dengan enggan menyetujui perm...more
Angela
I won a copy of this book on first reads as a Goodreads giveaway. I was hesitant to read it only because it was such an old copy of the book. It was a copy that was published in 1988, which was the year after I graduated from high school. So it looked a little dated & it had damage to the cover. But I agreed to read it & do a review, so I am a little late by about a month by doing it, but with the holidays it took a little longer. Well, I was pleasently surprised by what was inside this...more
Nicoleta
Julie Barrett
Adam's Fall by Sandra Brown
Lila Mason and her sister Elizabeth are close. Elizabeth wants her sister to work with her handicapped boss, Adam. Lila is a physical therapist.
Elizabeth has a family and life of her own to keep her occupied. Adam has an attitude and lots of money. He terrorizes the nurses and therapists.
Lila has arrived in Hawaii to take over his therapy and that's the last thing he wants. She won't give up on him. Steamy hot sex scenes.
Money can't buy his health back and he throws a...more
Karen Hrdlicka
Nice quick read, a little different from the other books I have read by this author. The wit and banter between Lilah and Adam is hot and funny. Definitely a good summer read.
Kathy Roling
I really liked this book; it rather put me in mind of Jojo Moyes "Me Before You", except this is a
paraplegic rather than a quad. Nice little romance, no tragedy.
Julie
This is one of my favorite Sandra Brown books. I loved Lilah from FantaC the previous book in this series. Lilah is so much fun and I just LOVE her. Adam who met Lilah in the previous book and had an instant attraction but cannot stand to be in the same room together. Adam is In a terrible accident and is In need of intense physical therapy and in comes Lilah who is a very accomplished physical therapist. They have a very rocky start, middle and finish but it it so worth the time to read. This b...more
Hollie
First I won this book through good reads. Second with my mother being an avid Sandra Brown fan I had read this book years ago and it took me a little bit to get back into it. It's not a long book - 184 pages - but it did seem to drag. I feel that with a lot of authors that put out a lot of books sometimes the books is rushed. Almost an after thought for them or a book required deadline. A book between the real book they are working. This felt like one of "those" books. Good but not remarkable. N...more
Gramedia Pustaka Utama
Novel ini ada bercerita tentang Lilah Mason, yang notabene adalah adik Elizabeth Randolph (tokoh di buku Fanta C).

Di buku Fanta C, diceritakan tentang bagaimana Adam dan Lilah saling bersinggungan alias tidak pernah akur / benci satu sama lain.

Perasaan inilah yang membuat Lilah agak malas untuk menjadi terapis fisik Adam saat lelaki ini jatuh dari pendakian gunung. Hanya dorongan dari Elizabeth-lah Lilah bersedia membantu Adam.

Mereka memulai training di suatu pulau tropis, dan di sinilah mereka...more
Sara ♥
2.5 stars. It was cute, but the plot was VERY predictable and the dialogue was littered with cliches. It was novella length (only 200 pages), and that's probably for the best as I don't know that the plot could have stretched any further. The ending? Well, I'm glad they got together, but I thought the final conflict was silly, but then resolved too abruptly. So yeah, it was okay. I'm sure Sandra Brown's writing is better today than it was back in the 80s, so I'm totally not going to hold this on...more
Kat
Shahrun
I guess I have to tell you that I got this copy free through GoodReads Giveaways. It was actualy an unexpected bonus with Mirror Image by the same author. Anyway - this review is all my own opinion!

I have never considered myself a 'romance reader', as I thought they were mindless trash (sorry). But this book changed my mind. I found the subject matter interesting (Physical Therapy). I think it was well writen and I enjoyed reading it. I won't be avoiding them anymore.
Michelle Tucker
I won this book from GoodReads. I love romance books, and this was no exception. The Chemistry between Lilah and Adam was awesome. The only thing I didn't like in the book is that she was manhandled after she said "no" in the beginning of the book. I know it's because he was trying to reassure himself of his manliness, but it struck me wrong. Otherwise a good read.
Nikoleta
I loved this book very much and still do even now. It was the most enjoyable thanks to the way Lilah and Adam were . . . (giggle).Her sister and new brother in law want her to take care of Adam after his accident he had while hiking.They don't want to have any relationship or to see each other every day but during Adam's healing they fall in love with each other.
Jenny Masniari
aq suka banget buku ini menurutku ini lebih keren dibanding fanta c..secara kalo fanta c tuh lebihh romantis...ga kaya lilahnya bener2 keren....dan ga tunduk ma cowok..tapi dia lucu bngt nyembunyiin perasaan sukanya ke adam slama ngrawat adam..palagi pas mantannya adam dtg ke villa mereka....ga rugi dbacanya
Selina
I really liked this book. I did think certain aspects were somewhat unrealistic, based on the way Lilah acted, but I still enjoyed it! I thought the ending was a bit rushed, but I still enjoyed it. I'd love to see a sequel focusing on Adam and Lilah. I'll definitely be keeping this on a shelf to reread!
Isabelle
I just won this book with Goodreads. Will review it as soon as I read it.
_______________________________________________________________________________

I didn't enjoy this story that much. I found it to be very predictable and falling in every clichés possible. At least it was a short read!
I enjoyed this story. Wealthy CEO Adam has an accident that leaves him paralyzed from the waist down, and in quite a dark mood. In steps no-nonsense physical therapist Lilah. Character interactions were funny, and the heroine was sassy and smart without being annoying. A quick, easy read.
Krissy
It was okay. Sandra Brown is a great author but I have read way better books by her. This one was just mediocre. The hero is paralyzed and the heroine is the nurse hired to put him through his physical therapy(which he does not do happily!) My official thought? Mediocre. It was mediocre.
  • Where There Is Evil
  • Lord of the Desert
  • Sarah's Child (Spencer-Nyle Co, #1)
  • The Heart's Victory (Language of Love #16 - Tuberose)
  • A Heart Speaks
  • Only By Your Touch
  • To the Ends of the Earth
  • Morning Side Of Dawn (Holt, #3)
  • Maggy's Child

Sandra Brown is the author of more than sixty New York Times bestsellers, including DEADLINE(2013), LOW PRESSURE (2012), LETHAL (2011), TOUGH CUSTOMER (2010), SMASH CUT (2009), SMOKE SCREEN (2008), PLAY DIRTY (2007), RICOCHET (2006), CHILL FACTOR (2005), WHITE HOT (2004),...more
More about Sandra Brown...
Lethal The Alibi Ricochet Chill Factor Envy