Start by marking “Triple Exposure” as Want to Read:
Triple Exposure

Triple Exposure (The Coltons of Wyoming #5)

3.31  ·  Rating Details  ·  348 Ratings  ·  24 Reviews
Two mothers bent on avenging their sons lives, and a deranged killer guided by the mysterious Marfa lights: which one is after photographer Rachel Copeland as she returns to her home town to try to put her life back together and coax a handsome loner out of his shell?
Published August 1st 2008 by Leisure Books (first published November 2nd 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Triple Exposure, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Triple Exposure

jenjn79
Dec 01, 2008 jenjn79 rated it it was ok
Recommended to jenjn79 by: random buy
Lori
Oct 27, 2010 Lori rated it it was ok
This book was worth every cent I paid for it. It was a free book on Amazon for Kindle. Frankly, I can't imagine why I persevered to finish it...just stubborn I guess. I kept thinking it would get better. It didn't.
Over-wrought sex scenes, undeveloped characters, convoluted plot twists that lead nowhere do NOT a good book make.
Really~skip it.
Pia Veleno
Jun 11, 2011 Pia Veleno rated it it was ok
First and foremost, this Kindle freebie was full of typos that kept pulling me out of the story. We're not talking simple mistakes like missing a closing quotation, but full sentences that appeared to have half of their words cut and paste into the middle of another word, and words so badly misspelled that I couldn't guess what they were meant to be. After spending too much time trying to figure out what the author was trying to say, I'd skip that paragraph and move on. While some of this is on ...more
Jane Stewart
Complicated plot. A mystery with many suspects. I did not like the heroine enough to enjoy her story.

STORY BRIEF:
Rachel is an artistic photographer in Philadelphia. She shot a nineteen-year-old stalker Kyle in self defense. She spent all of her money paying lawyers to defend her in the trial. She returns to live with her father in the tiny town of Marfa, Texas. She believes Kyle’s mother is behind threatening phone calls and accidents/murder attempts on her life. Twenty years earlier, Zeke was s
Vinzouille
Oct 24, 2010 Vinzouille rated it did not like it
I picked up this book while it was a free option on the Kindle and even then debated a lot whether I should read it or not. There were too few reviews to convince me it was worth my time and here it is: This is the first book that I've truly wanted to stop reading among all the books I've read over the last 15 years (but for some strange reason, I can't bring myself to not finish a book)

The story is only mildly intriguing and the twists and suspense are simply not thrilling, shocking or even int
Elizabeth (Stuffed Shelves)
I'm not sure what to say about this book, because I am so indifferent about it. Nothing really stood out about this book to make it interesting so I just kind of kept up with the book in order to finish it.

Rachel is an artist in Philly and the past year has been especially tough for her. It only just start from being stalked one of her art students. It escalades into Rachel shooting Kyle in self defense, ending in his death. As if that wasn't bad enough, now they're accusing her of murder. Luck
Angela Risner
Jun 04, 2012 Angela Risner rated it it was ok
This is my first Colleen Thompson novel. I think that she has a lot of talent.

The story follows Rachel, a photographer who is trying to restart her life after being acquitted for the murder of a former art student who stalked her. That's quite a mouthful, so I'll wait for you to read it again.

Rachel heads home to Texas, where her grandmother, father, and stepmother live. She's understandably brittle, as some people still think she might have committed the murder as well as other heinous acts.

How
Lisa Rayns
Jan 24, 2012 Lisa Rayns rated it it was amazing
I bought this book because it was nominated for the RITA Award for Best Romantic Suspense and I'm glad I did. I enjoyed the book so much I bought Colleen's six prior books and I've loved every one.

A girl with a tarnished past goes home and meets a man with an even shadier one. The author has taken engaging characters, an interesting town, and an undeniable hot attractions, and swirled them all up with so much suspense, I couldn't put it down.

Loved it!
Diane
Mar 07, 2010 Diane added it
This was a great mystery with a fresh premise. The main character had killed a stalker and went home to her Dad and step-mother to recoup and gather herself after the trial. She had been getting harrassing calls which followed her home. Now you might think this was through the story - no this is just the beginning. Liked the characters a lot and the plot just thickens.
Jacquelyn
Nov 09, 2010 Jacquelyn rated it liked it
This is the first book that I have read by this author and for the first quarter of the book I had a difficult time realizing that different people were telling the story. The narrator would change mid chapter, but I finally caught on to this style of writing, and then I wasn't so confused. Loved the story though! Great twists!
Kristy
Sep 26, 2010 Kristy rated it liked it
the ending was not what I expected at all. I really liked how all the stories weaved together in the end. I didn't like the quotes at the beginning of each chapter, it was a bit distracting for me.
Anne
Oct 09, 2010 Anne rated it really liked it
This book was a real page-turner. I kept guessing and triple-guessing who the bad guy was and actually never got it right. I'll definitely look for more books by this author.
Jill
Feb 01, 2010 Jill rated it liked it
Well I have to say I was surprised by the ending, but there were so many bad guys, that by the time the person was revealed, it was hard to understand the motive.
Judy
Sep 30, 2010 Judy rated it really liked it
A free download onto my Kindle and it was a good romantic mystery! It was intriguing and best of all, I had no idea who the "bad guy" was -- it kept my interest!!!
Linda
Oct 28, 2010 Linda added it
A man running from his past and a woman facing hers'. They come together and find closure. The story has a few twists and turns that surprise the reader.
Leslie
Sep 07, 2009 Leslie rated it liked it
My first experience reading this author. The book was ok...I will read more by Thompson, but just not rushing to add her to my TBR list now.
Shawna Hansen
Sep 02, 2013 Shawna Hansen rated it really liked it
Lots of creepy people in this book! Loved the descriptions of nature, photography, flying and wood sculptures. Nice, romantic read. Enjoyed it.
Carol
Nov 17, 2010 Carol rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
Good story - better than I thought it would be. One reviewer said the characters weren't like-able. I did not find this to be true.
Gwynethstwi
Oct 05, 2010 Gwynethstwi rated it liked it
Slow to start, and the viewpoint changes can be a bit jarring, but it has some interesting twists and is a good read overall.
Kathy Ridge
Sep 24, 2010 Kathy Ridge rated it it was ok
this was a free book on Kindle but barely worth reading. A decent story line but labored writing that makes reading slow.
Lillie
Dec 13, 2010 Lillie rated it really liked it
The phenomenon of the Marfa Lights added to this intriguing mystery and satisfying romance.
Pam Batchelor
Nov 05, 2013 Pam Batchelor rated it it was amazing
Love this book! Great storyline and amazing characters!!
Susan
Oct 15, 2010 Susan rated it liked it
Very easy, quick read. Enjoyed it but nothing special.
Sylvia
Sep 25, 2009 Sylvia rated it liked it
Suspense
Jerry
Jerry marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2016
Saoirse T. E. Sterling
Saoirse T. E. Sterling marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2016
Lisa
Lisa rated it liked it
Deanna
Deanna rated it really liked it
Eddie L Keiser
Eddie L Keiser is currently reading it
  • Mourn The Living
  • The Malacca Conspiracy
  • You Can't Stop Me (Crime Seen #1)
  • Mania
  • A Little Death in Dixie
  • The Perfect Woman (Detective John Stallings #1)
  • Only You (Angel Ridge, #1)
  • Get Some
  • One Night in Boston (One Night, #1)
  • Dead Reckoning
  • Primitive
  • The Incumbent (Madison Glenn #1)
  • Farraday Road (Lije Evans Mysteries #1)
  • Silent Screams
  • Revenge of Innocents (Carolyn Sullivan, #4)
  • The Goddess of Fried Okra
  • Stranded with a Spy (Code Name: Danger #11)
  • Deceit: A Novel
In 2004, Colleen Thompson's first romantic thriller, Fatal Error, launched Dorchester Publishing's new line of fast-paced, steamy romantic suspense. The book was nominated for the RITA Award for Best Romantic Suspense and won the Texas Gold for Best Mainstream Fiction. Other honors received by her books include a starred review from Publisher's Weekly, nominations from the Reviewers International ...more
More about Colleen Thompson...

The Coltons of Wyoming (6 books)
  • The Colton Ransom (The Coltons of Wyoming, #1)
  • Colton by Blood (The Coltons of Wyoming, #2)
  • The Missing Colton