Bubbles All The Way (Bubbles Yablonsky, #6)

Bubbles All The Way (Bubbles Yablonsky #6)

3.62 of 5 stars 3.62  ·  rating details  ·  873 ratings  ·  87 reviews
The Agatha Award-winning series returns with a new tale of suspicions, steel-town secrets, and homicide by hair product. For years the local ladies of Lehigh, Pennsylvania, have wished aloud that Debbie Shatsky would meet an untimely end-so they could get their hands on Phil Shatsky, sports-hating, dinner-cooking, massage-giving husband extraordinaire. But when Debbie gets...more
Published November 7th 2006 by Onyx

To ask other readers questions about Bubbles All The Way, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bubbles All The Way

Doris
BUT WAIT!!! Asterisk those stars! I loved this whole series about a bubble-headed and yet brainy hairdresser turned sleuth/reporter. I loved the wit and wisdom and very fine mysteries. In this, the apparent conclusion to the series, I loved 98% of it, thus its 4 stars. The main mystery was cleverly and masterfully handled in typical Bubbles fashion. However, I give a big NO STARS to the last few pages where Sarah Strohmeyer slapped together a series ending that was ludicrously preposterous. Unsa...more
Tiffany
WTF!!!!! I loved the basic plot of the book, except for all the weird santa's popping up all over the place. But the last chapter? SERIOUSLY W T F !! What was Strohmeyer trying to do? Sabotage the fun of the entire series? Cause it certainly seems as if this was intent.

I keep going over to Strohmeyer's website to see if there are any updates on future Bubbles books and I'm not seeing it anywhere. I really hope this is just a dream sequence or something, because it would be (simply put) a retard...more
Kellybeacham
I have read all the Bubbles books within about a week. I thought the first one was really cute, but they started to get a little repetative (Bubbles see murder. Bubbles run around "solving" murder. Who-dun-it is someone briefly mentioned at the start of the book that had no connection whatsoever. Bubbles kiss Stiletto. Dan be tool. Jane be coolest daughter ever. The end.). I read this book by the fire and when I got to LITERALLY the last 2 pages, I nearly threw it in the fire - and I DO NOT cond...more
Lindsay
I am so mad about the ending. At first I thought I misread parts or skipped parts in general. And then I got mad. I felt like the author gave up and said "I need to end this and I don't care anymore". I have never been so happy with a series and so disappointed by its ending :( I loved everything up to the very end though of the entire series and thought Bubbles was amazing. Wish there was more
Cate P
Angela
While reading this book I somehow got sucked into reading all of the reviews that people have written about it as well. I'm not sure whether these reviews ruined the book for me because it put such negative thoughts in my head about it or it prepared me for the ending which after all the horrible things I read, I thought it wasn't that bad - just rushed. Okay, it was definitely weird and unexpected but we don't want to expect what happens or we could write it ourselves right?

I will say that thi...more
Myhotstylist
I loved the entire series as a whole, but the ending of this last book in the series, made no sense at all. It was completely rushed and came from out of left field. Left me dissapointed. However the characters that Stohmeyer created are unforgettable, and i will never forget how much these books made me laugh out loud!

Its a great series, and i do reccomend them!
Robin
Bubbles Yablonsky's personal life is a disaster. Her ex-husband is black-mailing her into remarrying him, her recently traumatized daughter is acting like a zombie, and a mysterious Santa Claus is stalking her. Now her best friend Sandy, owner of the House of Beauty, has been blamed for the accidental death of one of her clients when Debbie Statsky dies from a lethal reaction to the glue on her hair-extensions. But Bubbles knows it was not an accident and that Sandy has been set up.

Good mystery...more
Shadee
I did not like this end to the series, predictable and too similar to the previous plots. The series started out cute, light and funny but towards the end veered into ridiculous.
Jana
uummmmmmmm not sure what i think
Mickey Reed
May 15, 2011 Mickey Reed rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Bubbles fans, funny mystery fans
Shelves: 2011, audio
Um what?! That's how this ended???? There has to be another in book in this series. Those bombshells came out of NOWHERE! I can't even believe how that ended.. I'm still in shock. Anyone else who has read this.. I would like to hear from you!!! Wowee.

So Bubbles is supposed to remarry Dan in order to give Jane a nuclear family again. Please. She's 17, like she needs mommy and daddy together again. Either way, it goes back and forth, and Dan apparently has something over her head. They go to a fa...more
Lady Entropy
Kathy
Another one of those books that I got on play away and hadn't read any of the series so if I was more into the characters maybe I would have enjoyed it more. It reminded me of Charlaine Harris's books minus the paranormal aspects. The problem is that without some kind of paranormal or supernatural explanation some of the farfetched stuff is just plain old farfetched.
Jenn
I've enjoyed this series a lot. Yes, it's somewhat ridiculous and Bubbles is incredibly stupid about a lot of things that a normal person wouldn't be, but somehow she puts together these mysteries by showing intelligence that doesn't fit the stupidity we've seen. That's never been more apparent than in this disappointing installment. Without giving away the ending, I'm just going to say that the ending was just awful. The entire story was pretty stupid. If your asshole ex husband finds a psychol...more
Stephanie
This has more twists and turns than a corkscrew! Hence the screwball mystery genre, huh??? lol!
A surprise at every turn and while it is not realistic, it does have down to earth characters as well as outrageous characters.

I am not a fan of the ending. So many things are left unsaid, unfinished. So if you are one who likes everything tied up nice and clean with a pretty bow, this may disappoint you.

Although it was predictable and I wondered if it would take a brick to hit this main character o...more
Julie
A fun, fast-paced comedy mystery featuring a beautician-turned-reporter. I'm not reading this series in order, so some parts will obviously become clear when I go back and read some of the other books. However, for a quick, easy read, it was ideal.
Pat
Santa Clauses trying to kill her. Debbie dies at House of Beauty.
Bubbles says it is murder.
She had swindled women with scan. Former husband stole prescriptions and disguised it in a fire.
Bubbles is Lithuanian princess at end.
Jenn
Pat
What a fun story! I may have been sentimental about it because it is taking place in what Sarah Strohmeyer calls a town named "Lehigh"
but since I lived in Bethlehem PA for my first 18 years I recognize almost all the land marks that were mentioned. The Hill to Hill Bridge,the Moravian Book Shop. Hotel Lehigh, actually Hotel Bethlehem. The huge Masonic Temple onthe South Side. Bubbles lives in a half of a double on West Goepp Street.The Travel Agency is on Stefko Boulevard! Jane, her daughter goe...more
Linda Lundy
I really enjoyed the Bubbles Yablonsky series until the ending of Bubbles All The Way. Rotten ending. What in the world was this author thinking. Made the whole series worthless and gave no credibility whatsoever to the characters. I read the cameo of Bubbles in The Cinderella Pact where the author made Bubbles to look like a sleazy village idiot. Completely wrecked the character of Bubbles Yablonsky. Unless this author comes up with another book in the series where the characters are as previou...more
Rachel
I love Bubbles and most of this book didn't disappoint. If it weren't for the last 10 pages or so, I would have given it another solid 4. Funny, fun, clever...and then there's that last bit. I think most of us are left scratching our heads. I have a hard time believing that Strohmeyer had this conclusion in mind from the very beginning, which makes the conclusion seem like a strangely pasted-on addendum.

But! The rest of the book is what we've come to expect from Bubbles, so it's still worth the...more
Michelle Edwards
Unfortunately, I came across this book and read it first, only to find out that it is the last in a series of six. So now I need to go back and read the other five. I loved it the whole way through until about the last ten pages. What a strange twist she threw in there...one that didn't really seem to fit the context of the rest of the book nor the characters. Makes me wonder if the others in the series have similar strange endings to them? And maybe this just leads into a next book? I guess I w...more
I have read all of the Bubbles books and like them as a fun distraction. This book had even more action than the others but I didn't believe that Bubbles would remarry Dan just to give her frightened daughter a "nuclear" family. Stiletto is acting strange and her best friend Sandy had a women murdered in her salon and she is the prime suspect. I was really disappointed in the ending of this book and the whole series. It seemed very contrived and false to the rest of the series.
Toni Wulfekuhl
Bubbles is being forced to remarry Dan, cause Jane needs a complete "family" ??? One of the customers of the beauty salon dies when her hair dye is switched with one containing latex she is allergic to.

The last Bubbles book and a Big Time.. WTH !!!!
I liked the previous books, although mindless they were entertaining. The whole Beauty Operator turned Reporter was kinda cute. The "princess" thing is head shaker. Also left you hanging about her and Stiletto.
Holly Booms Walsh
This is a chick-lit book first, with the ditzy but heart-warming leading lady detective who spends nearly as much time on her romance as on the mystery. It's sort of a knock-off of Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum mysteries - with a hairdresser slash small-town newspaper reporter in a Pennsylvania steel town instead of a Jersey bounty-hunter. All in all, it's not bad if you like the lighter stuff.
Vicki
Ali
This was an average series at best, but this final book ruined whatever good it was. I'm sure the author thought that she was being clever by having a surprise twist at the end, but the way it left off didn't provide closure, and showed several inconsistencies with the previous stories. I really hated the ending, since it took about 2 pages to wrap up 6 books, and it felt rushed.
Melissa
I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Bubbles series!! I WANT MORE BUBBLES!

Sarah we seriously need another Bubbles story soon, I want #7 to come out....you can't just leave us hanging forrrevverrr right?! :)

I love this author's style.....Bubble's series aims to please! How can it not when the main character has a name like Bubbles Yablonsky, and Steve Stiletto! PERF :)
Wow...!

Definitely the best of the series! This book had me alternately wanting to cry, and resisting the urge to throw it against the wall and refuse to finish reading it!

GEEZ, BUBBLES! JUST QUIT THE DAMN PAPER ALREADY! MARRY STILETTO AND LIVE HAPPILY EVER AFTER!

With a plot twist and an ending you will never see coming!

More, please!
Kelly
I am not sure what Strohmeyer was thinking when she wrote this book. If she wanted to ended this series to write her romances, she would have been better off killing Bubbles Yablonsky or have be married and live happily ever after in book 5. It was a shame all of us had to go read this confusing tale that had an ending that made no sense.
  • Mulch Ado About Nothing (Jane Jeffry, #12)
  • Dead Giveaway (A Yellow Rose Mystery, #3)
  • Lucky Stiff (Lucky O'Toole #2)
  • Plum Boxed Set 2 (Stephanie Plum, #4-6)
  • Dying to Call You (Dead-End Job Mystery, #3)
  • Dead Ex
  • Designer Knockoff (Crime of Fashion, #2)
  • Nutcase (Crazy, #2)
  • A Crazy Little Thing Called Death (Blackbird Sisters Mystery, #6)
  • Deep Sea Dead (Pauline Sokol #4)
  • The Butcher of Beverly Hills (McAffee Twins, #1)
Sarah Strohmeyer is the award-winning, nationally bestselling author of fifteen novels one of which, THE CINDERELLA PACT, became a Lifetime Movie, LYING TO BE PERFECT.
Her first mystery, BUBBLES UNBOUND, won the Agatha Award and THE SLEEPING BEAUTY PROPOSAL was nominated for a prestigious RITA™. Her books have been translated into German, French, Italian, Turkish, Taiwanese and a bunch of others.
He...more
More about Sarah Strohmeyer...
The Cinderella Pact Bubbles Unbound (Bubbles Yablonsky, #1) The Sleeping Beauty Proposal Smart Girls Get What They Want The Penny Pinchers Club