Start by marking “Bubbles All The Way (Bubbles Yablonsky, #6)” as Want to Read:
Bubbles All The Way (Bubbles Yablonsky, #6)

Bubbles All The Way (Bubbles Yablonsky #6)

3.63  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,062 Ratings  ·  107 Reviews
The Agatha Award-winning series returns with a new tale of suspicions, steel-town secrets, and homicide by hair product. For years the local ladies of Lehigh, Pennsylvania, have wished aloud that Debbie Shatsky would meet an untimely end-so they could get their hands on Phil Shatsky, sports-hating, dinner-cooking, massage-giving husband extraordinaire. But when Debbie gets ...more
Published November 7th 2006 by Onyx

To ask other readers questions about Bubbles All The Way, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bubbles All The Way

Doris
Jan 31, 2011 Doris rated it really liked it
BUT WAIT!!! Asterisk those stars! I loved this whole series about a bubble-headed and yet brainy hairdresser turned sleuth/reporter. I loved the wit and wisdom and very fine mysteries. In this, the apparent conclusion to the series, I loved 98% of it, thus its 4 stars. The main mystery was cleverly and masterfully handled in typical Bubbles fashion. However, I give a big NO STARS to the last few pages where Sarah Strohmeyer slapped together a series ending that was ludicrously preposterous. Unsa ...more
Tiffany
Aug 19, 2009 Tiffany rated it liked it
Shelves: chicklit, mystery
WTF!!!!! I loved the basic plot of the book, except for all the weird santa's popping up all over the place. But the last chapter? SERIOUSLY W T F !! What was Strohmeyer trying to do? Sabotage the fun of the entire series? Cause it certainly seems as if this was intent.

I keep going over to Strohmeyer's website to see if there are any updates on future Bubbles books and I'm not seeing it anywhere. I really hope this is just a dream sequence or something, because it would be (simply put) a retard
Angela
Apr 27, 2010 Angela rated it it was ok
While reading this book I somehow got sucked into reading all of the reviews that people have written about it as well. I'm not sure whether these reviews ruined the book for me because it put such negative thoughts in my head about it or it prepared me for the ending which after all the horrible things I read, I thought it wasn't that bad - just rushed. Okay, it was definitely weird and unexpected but we don't want to expect what happens or we could write it ourselves right?

I will say that thi
Kellybeacham
Nov 25, 2011 Kellybeacham rated it did not like it
I have read all the Bubbles books within about a week. I thought the first one was really cute, but they started to get a little repetative (Bubbles see murder. Bubbles run around "solving" murder. Who-dun-it is someone briefly mentioned at the start of the book that had no connection whatsoever. Bubbles kiss Stiletto. Dan be tool. Jane be coolest daughter ever. The end.). I read this book by the fire and when I got to LITERALLY the last 2 pages, I nearly threw it in the fire - and I DO NOT cond ...more
Lindsay
Apr 13, 2012 Lindsay rated it it was ok
I am so mad about the ending. At first I thought I misread parts or skipped parts in general. And then I got mad. I felt like the author gave up and said "I need to end this and I don't care anymore". I have never been so happy with a series and so disappointed by its ending :( I loved everything up to the very end though of the entire series and thought Bubbles was amazing. Wish there was more
Cate P
Nov 15, 2011 Cate P rated it did not like it
Cyndi
Jul 27, 2015 Cyndi rated it really liked it
Ok. I love this series, really, but the ending? Huh? Not actually saying it was bad, but not great either. Hmm.
Toni Wulfekuhl
Apr 27, 2012 Toni Wulfekuhl rated it it was ok
Bubbles is being forced to remarry Dan, cause Jane needs a complete "family" ??? One of the customers of the beauty salon dies when her hair dye is switched with one containing latex she is allergic to.

The last Bubbles book and a Big Time.. WTH !!!!
I liked the previous books, although mindless they were entertaining. The whole Beauty Operator turned Reporter was kinda cute. The "princess" thing is head shaker. Also left you hanging about her and Stiletto.
Myhotstylist
Aug 31, 2010 Myhotstylist rated it really liked it
I loved the entire series as a whole, but the ending of this last book in the series, made no sense at all. It was completely rushed and came from out of left field. Left me dissapointed. However the characters that Stohmeyer created are unforgettable, and i will never forget how much these books made me laugh out loud!

Its a great series, and i do reccomend them!
Becky
Mar 13, 2016 Becky rated it did not like it
Diana
Aug 14, 2015 Diana rated it liked it
Debbie Shatsky has bragged for years about her husband Phil. He does everything in their home (such a folding the laundry just right) and has a full time job. Other women envy her. She is at the House of Beauty one day, getting extensions. She has an allergic reaction and dies. Owner of the salon, Sandy, is blamed. Bubbles Yablonsky, Sandy's friend, a coworker in the salon (and a newspaper reporter) decides to help Sandy.
Bubbles has an interesting life, but at the moment is being blackmailed
Robin
Aug 03, 2014 Robin rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery, 2009
Bubbles Yablonsky's personal life is a disaster. Her ex-husband is black-mailing her into remarrying him, her recently traumatized daughter is acting like a zombie, and a mysterious Santa Claus is stalking her. Now her best friend Sandy, owner of the House of Beauty, has been blamed for the accidental death of one of her clients when Debbie Statsky dies from a lethal reaction to the glue on her hair-extensions. But Bubbles knows it was not an accident and that Sandy has been set up.

Good mystery
Shadee
Feb 11, 2013 Shadee rated it did not like it
I did not like this end to the series, predictable and too similar to the previous plots. The series started out cute, light and funny but towards the end veered into ridiculous.
Maria
Aug 04, 2015 Maria rated it liked it
While it was a good story, I felt there was too much superficial "fluff" overall. It is possible that I didn't take too well to the main character because of the constant "dumb blonde" remarks from many of the other characters and herself, and the fact that this is the first book I've read of this series, which is obviously out of order considering it's book number 6. I don't know at this point in time if I'm going to read the series from the beginning or not. Maybe someday I will, just to see w ...more
Jana
Mar 14, 2011 Jana rated it liked it
uummmmmmmm not sure what i think
Dharia Scarab
Warning: there may be spoilers.

Ugh and yuck, maybe if I had started at the beginning of the series it would have been better, but I gave up after 6 chapters. I don't want to read about a main character that throws away the love of her life because her evil ex-husband is blackmailing her to marry him by threatening to take full custody of their 17 year old daughter... Seriously, the girl is almost 18.

Skip to the end, which is what I did, picked back up where Bubbles gets fired. The mystery wrappe
Mickey Reed
May 15, 2011 Mickey Reed rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Bubbles fans, funny mystery fans
Shelves: audio, 2011
Um what?! That's how this ended???? There has to be another in book in this series. Those bombshells came out of NOWHERE! I can't even believe how that ended.. I'm still in shock. Anyone else who has read this.. I would like to hear from you!!! Wowee.

So Bubbles is supposed to remarry Dan in order to give Jane a nuclear family again. Please. She's 17, like she needs mommy and daddy together again. Either way, it goes back and forth, and Dan apparently has something over her head. They go to a fa
Lady Entropy
Dec 11, 2013 Lady Entropy rated it liked it
Shelves: ebooks
Suzanne
Apr 28, 2016 Suzanne rated it did not like it
MAN...I loved this series. Bubbles is funny and manages to entertain through several books.
But the ending stinks (nice words). You can tell that the series has ended with this book and it is dumb, Dumb, DUMB.
I had been recommending this series to many people. Now I am hoping no one listened to me. After reading the last few pages, I do not want to be associated with this book. Had loved the humor and series up until the last few pages!!!!!
Kathy
May 07, 2014 Kathy rated it it was ok
Shelves: audio-book, mmm-2014
Another one of those books that I got on play away and hadn't read any of the series so if I was more into the characters maybe I would have enjoyed it more. It reminded me of Charlaine Harris's books minus the paranormal aspects. The problem is that without some kind of paranormal or supernatural explanation some of the farfetched stuff is just plain old farfetched.
Jenn
Apr 10, 2011 Jenn rated it liked it
I've enjoyed this series a lot. Yes, it's somewhat ridiculous and Bubbles is incredibly stupid about a lot of things that a normal person wouldn't be, but somehow she puts together these mysteries by showing intelligence that doesn't fit the stupidity we've seen. That's never been more apparent than in this disappointing installment. Without giving away the ending, I'm just going to say that the ending was just awful. The entire story was pretty stupid. If your asshole ex husband finds a psychol ...more
Stephanie
Feb 26, 2012 Stephanie rated it really liked it
This has more twists and turns than a corkscrew! Hence the screwball mystery genre, huh??? lol!
A surprise at every turn and while it is not realistic, it does have down to earth characters as well as outrageous characters.

I am not a fan of the ending. So many things are left unsaid, unfinished. So if you are one who likes everything tied up nice and clean with a pretty bow, this may disappoint you.

Although it was predictable and I wondered if it would take a brick to hit this main character o
Julie
Feb 20, 2014 Julie rated it really liked it
A fun, fast-paced comedy mystery featuring a beautician-turned-reporter. I'm not reading this series in order, so some parts will obviously become clear when I go back and read some of the other books. However, for a quick, easy read, it was ideal.
Pat
Mar 16, 2014 Pat rated it really liked it
Santa Clauses trying to kill her. Debbie dies at House of Beauty.
Bubbles says it is murder.
She had swindled women with scan. Former husband stole prescriptions and disguised it in a fire.
Bubbles is Lithuanian princess at end.
Beth
Feb 15, 2015 Beth rated it liked it
This wasn't my favorite of the Bubbles books. It wrapped up the series but I felt that the wrap up was just too far out and bizarre. It was still a fun read in the antics that Bubbles is up to but in this the relationship with Stilletto was rather frustrating and sad and Bubbles giving into the marriage demands of her ex seemed too out of character.
I would recommend the other books in the series more than this one.
Jenn
Oct 08, 2013 Jenn rated it it was ok
Pat
Nov 08, 2013 Pat rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a fun story! I may have been sentimental about it because it is taking place in what Sarah Strohmeyer calls a town named "Lehigh"
but since I lived in Bethlehem PA for my first 18 years I recognize almost all the land marks that were mentioned. The Hill to Hill Bridge,the Moravian Book Shop. Hotel Lehigh, actually Hotel Bethlehem. The huge Masonic Temple onthe South Side. Bubbles lives in a half of a double on West Goepp Street.The Travel Agency is on Stefko Boulevard! Jane, her daughter goe
Lucille Bransfield
Nov 09, 2014 Lucille Bransfield rated it really liked it
I really loved this whole series. Ok. The ending was way far fetched but so was most of the series! It made you laugh and cringe at the same time! Good going Strohmeyer.
Linda Lundy
Dec 20, 2013 Linda Lundy rated it did not like it
I really enjoyed the Bubbles Yablonsky series until the ending of Bubbles All The Way. Rotten ending. What in the world was this author thinking. Made the whole series worthless and gave no credibility whatsoever to the characters. I read the cameo of Bubbles in The Cinderella Pact where the author made Bubbles to look like a sleazy village idiot. Completely wrecked the character of Bubbles Yablonsky. Unless this author comes up with another book in the series where the characters are as previou ...more
Linda
Jul 10, 2016 Linda rated it it was amazing
Left me wanting to know what trouble Bubbles was going to get into nest. Loved every book.
  • Plum Boxed Set 2 (Stephanie Plum, #4-6)
  • Dead Giveaway (A Yellow Rose Mystery, #3)
  • Protecting Her Own (Guardians, Inc., #2)
  • Nutcase (Crazy, #2)
  • The Butcher of Beverly Hills (McAffee Twins, #1)
  • Dying to Call You (Dead-End Job Mystery, #3)
  • Family Blessings (Amish Brides of Celery Fields, #2)
  • Raiders of the Lost Corset (Crime of Fashion, #4)
  • Batteries Required (Samantha Shaw Mystery, #4)
  • Some Like it Lethal (Blackbird Sisters Mystery, #3)
  • JFK Is Missing! (PI Grace Smith, #2)
  • Hot & Bothered (Marine, #3)
  • Deep Sea Dead (Pauline Sokol, #4)
  • Lucky Stiff (Lucky O'Toole, #2)
  • Liar, Liar (Cat DeLuca Mysteries, #1)
  • Princess Charming
Sarah Strohmeyer is the award-winning, nationally bestselling author of 17 novels for young adults and adults, including the Bubbles Yablonsky mystery series, SMART GIRLS GET WHAT THEY WANT and THE CINDERELLA PACT, which became the Lifetime Movie, LYING TO BE PERFECT.
Her first mystery, BUBBLES UNBOUND, won the Agatha Award and THE SLEEPING BEAUTY PROPOSAL was nominated for a prestigious RITA. Her
More about Sarah Strohmeyer...

Bubbles Yablonsky (6 books)
  • Bubbles Unbound (Bubbles Yablonsky, #1)
  • Bubbles In Trouble (Bubbles Yablonsky, #2)
  • Bubbles Ablaze (Bubbles Yablonsky, #3)
  • Bubbles A Broad (Bubbles Yablonsky, #4)
  • Bubbles Betrothed (Bubbles Yablonsky, #5)