Start by marking “Bubbles In Trouble (Bubbles Yablonsky, #2)” as Want to Read:
Bubbles In Trouble (Bubbles Yablonsky, #2)

Bubbles In Trouble (Bubbles Yablonsky #2)

3.74  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,830 Ratings  ·  110 Reviews
New troubles for Bubbles: Her friend, bride-to-be Janice, never showed up at the altar, and everybody's blaming Bubbles for singing Lynyrd Skynyrd's "Free Bird" at the bachelorette party the night before. Now Bubbles has just found Janice's uncle Elwood dead on his bathroom floor-his skull bashed in and his Rolls Royce missing. The baffling murder could be her Big Break as ...more
Published July 1st 2003 by Signet (first published July 1st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Bubbles In Trouble, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bubbles In Trouble

Myhotstylist
Aug 31, 2010 Myhotstylist rated it it was amazing
This is the second installment of the hillarious Bubbles Yablonski mis-happs, titled Bubbles in Trouble. In this episode Bubbles is in Amish Country solving yet another murder crime. Along the way, she cleans a prized cow with VO5, convinces her "new" Amish family that her gold toenail polish is actually a toe fungus, and has a mishap with an exploding barrell of rootbeer all over the kitchen..... The laughs never stop comming with this one. If you loved the first book in this series, you will r ...more
Karen Brimhall
Aug 17, 2008 Karen Brimhall rated it it was amazing
The Bubbles series is a hoot! OK, it's not exactly Fine Literature, but if you're in the mood for a quick, fast, funny and a little bit mysterious read, with some over-the-top fashion that the bleached-teased-spandex-clad Bubbles sports, well then it'll be well worth the read. It's a fun, easy and fast read that keeps you turning pages!
Allison
Apr 19, 2012 Allison rated it it was amazing
LOVED the Bubbles series by Sarah Strohmeyer!! Funny, engaging and so well written, with enough anticipation and surprise to keep the pages turning... the characters drew me in and kept me there. As I finished each book, I couldn't wait to open the next one in the series.
Barbara
Jan 30, 2016 Barbara rated it really liked it
You can tell that Strohmeyer knows Evanovich. In fact, she was a guest author at one of our County libraries and said that Bubbles was "born" on Evanovich's kitchen table. There's plenty of humor, Bubbles isn't the same character as Stephanie Plum. However, a lot of this reminds me of JE; lots of slapstick and a romantic interest (or two). Bubbles has a quirky mom (rather than grandma). Bubbles also has a brilliant daughter and a former husband very much on the screen. In this story (the second ...more
Sara
Mar 09, 2009 Sara rated it it was amazing
If you've read Bubbles Unbound, then just close your eyes and imagine Bubbles Yablonsky....in Amish country!!! Oh yes...let the fun begin!
Jenni Boyd
Nov 04, 2014 Jenni Boyd rated it really liked it
What a laugh this story was, a culmination of chicklit//female sleuth/ mystery / humour. Sarah Strohmeyer gives a lighthearted look at solving a crime, with the likeable, ditzy character of Bubbles Yablonsky, who is determined to prove she is more than just a hairdresser! My daughter introduced me to Sarah Strohmeyer many years ago, and I have since rediscovered, and Look forward to reading more of her books. Sometimes we need to look at life from a totally different perspective. An easy read, t ...more
Robin
Aug 24, 2014 Robin rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mystery
Bubbles Yablonsky gets her big break as a reporter when she tries to solve the disappearance of her friend, Janice, and the murder of Janice's uncle. The clues lead Bubbles to Whoopee, Pennsylvania, Amish Country. Bubbles decides to go undercover as an Amish woman.

Hilarious! One part of the book has Bubbles deciding which of her mini-skirts an Amish woman would wear. 2nd book in the series. This is actually the best book in the series. My rating: 4.5 Stars.
Rebecca
Jul 02, 2011 Rebecca rated it liked it
Shelves: chicklit
Another free crappy sort of mystery novel, but better then that last POS I read. I think this was a sequel to a book I hadn't read as well, but it read okay as a stand alone. Not great, but not horrible either. White-trash women is a hair-dresser, but wants to get more into journalism in her small town and seems to search out crimes to write about for her town paper. This one had to do with like her best friend, who was Amish, but not anymore and she was about to marry someone, but disappeared r ...more
Kris
Oct 19, 2014 Kris rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery, chicklit
This book was actually better than her first, Bubbles Unbound. The main character, Bubbles Yablonski (hairdresser) is trying to make it as a reporter. Love interest Steve Stilletto is is ultra adventurer and looks like Mel Gibson. In this book, Bubbles goes undercover in Amish country to find a friend, solve a murder and expose a drug ring.
Kristi
Oct 18, 2011 Kristi rated it really liked it
This is the second Bubbles' book and is just as funny as the first one. This book is a very simple read. I read it while keeping scores during a golf tournament. At times I had to contain my laughter.

In this book Bubbles finds herself in the middle of Amish country because her good friend Janice is missing. You would think Amish country would be quiet and uneventful but Bubbles runs into more situations that get her in trouble.

There are parts that made me smile, like Bubbles trying to give a c
Vanna
Nov 10, 2014 Vanna added it
Recommended to Vanna by: Librarian
Brilliant follow up to the first book! Can not wait to read the next one to see what Bubbles gets up to next, she always lands in the worst situations but manages to come out on top after lots of comedic fast paced action
Sherri F.
I now own a HB book & also listen to audiobook (which I'm multitasking in the house or resting), while I'm reading some other hard copy books.

Loved Bubbles Unbound and so this one seems right up that alley, damn teaser opening thinking Bubbles was getting her some Stilleto. Bubbles in Amish Country was hysterical and love references to Van Halen and GH/Luke & Laura. Bubbles as a genius after eating pot-laced whoopie pies was priceless. As usual, she picked the wrong killer, got herself i
Carol Stanley-Snow
Dec 01, 2014 Carol Stanley-Snow rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book!!!! I love Bubbles and her escapades!!!! I laughed out loud!!!

Please read....
Selke Brewer
Hilarious. This is not life changing literature, but it was loads of fun and a fun way to spend some time.
Pat
Mar 16, 2014 Pat rated it really liked it
Second in series.
Good.
She goes to Amish town looking for friend and pretends she is Amish.
Melissa
Sep 17, 2014 Melissa rated it it was ok
Didn't like as well as the previous book. Drug a lot. Too many characters.
Jennie
Mar 25, 2009 Jennie rated it liked it
I enjoyed this book it was definately fluff but I find I need a little 'junk' in my 'diet'. I also really like how Bubbles is flawed and the author doen't try to make her super human just super determined. The mystery was pretty easy to solve but I have read so many that it is pretty hard to suprise me anymore. I really loved how clean it was, everything was there it just wasn't described in nauseating detail. If I wanted that I would read harlequins and the like. I will definately pick up more ...more
Kathryn
May 03, 2008 Kathryn rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
I really wanted to like this at first. But Strohmeyer's like Janet Evanovich on steroids. Everything is so over the top and the characters just don't have any depth at all. If Evanovich writes cream puffs (which I love) then Stohmeyer writes cotton candy (which I hate). There were parts that were fun but there were parts where I thought I might just stop reading the book, which I NEVER do. Might try the writer again for beach reading but I will definitely check reviews first. I have a feeling th ...more
Dogsandbooks
Rereading for the third or so time. So good! Feisty heroine, snappy writing, good characters, nice twisty mystery. True clues from hairdressing. And this one also has tips re vinegar! What Stephanie plum aspires to be. So good! This story set in pa Dutch/Amish country.
Yvonna
Jul 03, 2014 Yvonna rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned-books
Not as good as the first book, but still appealingly funny.
Jennifer Toth keeton
Apr 03, 2014 Jennifer Toth keeton rated it really liked it
The Bubbles books are a quick read but always a lot of fun.
Jackie
Jun 02, 2015 Jackie rated it it was amazing
Bubbles+Amish+murderous thugs=pure gold!
Mickey Reed
Apr 16, 2011 Mickey Reed rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Bubbles fans, funny mystery fans
Shelves: audio, 2011
Amish country! Who knew. This was hysterical. Bubbles gets herself into such crazy trouble! (Hence the title, duh.) Bubbles trying to impersonate an Amish woman is extremely amusing. She's thinks fast and comes up with some very creative lies. The cast of characters in this was very interesting. Bubbles meets many new people, tries to solve the big mysteries, and hopes to further her relationship with Steve. Hilarity ensues, along with confusion, action, and excitement. Bubbles is very fun, and ...more
Toni Wulfekuhl
Dec 26, 2011 Toni Wulfekuhl rated it really liked it
Bubbles goes undercover in an Amish Community (Whoopee, Pennsylvania a small town between Intercourse and Climax) to find a friend who has fled leaving her groom at the altar and her dead uncle in his condo. While trying to solve this murder she uncovers a drug ring (ok not a real sophisticated drug ring,they are putting marijuana in Whoopee pies)and a Amish "mob boss" (Weapon of choice is Shoo-fly Pie)who is trying to swindle people out of their property to start a Amish Amusement Park.

This one
Dixie
Aug 07, 2015 Dixie rated it liked it
funny little mystery...witty writer.
Anna Motteler
Jul 21, 2013 Anna Motteler rated it really liked it
This one was a lot better than the first one. It made me realize that I loved the Stephanie Plum series & this series for completely different reasons. Bubbles makes me laugh and she's so honest and real and that's why I fell in love with her character. Plus Stiletto sounds super sexy and I wish they would make a movie out of it so I could see who they portray him as.

This book, the second one, was really good. I still recommend reading them if you're an Evanovich fan. Totally worth it. :)
Jen
Aug 03, 2008 Jen rated it it was amazing
God I love these books! I discovered them at my local library, before I moved, read the 3 that they had, and forgot about looking for more! I really think Sarah Strohmeyer had a goldmine idea here. I'm usually not one for such silliness, but the zany Bubbles, who is everything I'm not, just cracks me up! and the home recipes are great! I totally intend to stain my hair with coffee one of these days... and I'm always deviously telling teenagers how to color their hair with Kool-aid.
Maria
Mar 29, 2013 Maria rated it it was amazing
Another great book in the series! i love it because it makes you laugh at the situations but you still feel for and respect the main woman character. its not like she's making a fool of herself, she just gets into unusual situations. Also, it keeps you on your toes. You are always wondering who the culprit is and then throughout the book more and more cases are added so by the end she's always solving more than one mystery. I love this series!
Rachel
Sep 23, 2010 Rachel rated it really liked it
OK, this seals the deal: I'm officially a Bubbles fan. I like that Strohmeyer didn't immediately fall into a basic formula for Bubbles. This second installment sees Bubbles out of the Lehigh setting and into an...Amish one?? The experience is not only hilarious but also serves as an opportunity for a little growth from our fabulous Barbie hairstylist-turned-journalist. I finished this one and immediately raced to the library to pick up 3 & 4.
Lynda
Jul 19, 2010 Lynda rated it really liked it
This is number two in the Bubbles series. Bubble Yablonsky goes undercover in an Amish community near Lehigh,PA on the hunt for a missing bride and murder suspect. As usual, Bubbles' antics are laugh out loud funny especially if you grew up in Pennsylvania in the sixties. I actually liked thisbook better than the first one. There was more activity and not as much wasted time filling in the back story. A pleasant relaxing mystery for summer day.
  • Dying to Meet You (Samantha Shaw Mystery, #2)
  • Armed and Glamorous (Crime of Fashion, #6)
  • Pretty in Ink (Tattoo Shop Mystery, #2)
  • Last Writes (A Jaine Austen Mystery, #2)
  • A Crazy Little Thing Called Death (Blackbird Sisters Mystery, #6)
  • Norway to Hide (Passport to Peril, #6)
  • Drag Strip
  • A Dose of Murder (Pauline Sokol, #1)
  • Pushing Up Bluebonnets (A Yellow Rose Mystery, #5)
  • Dead Ex
  • Engaged to Die (Death on Demand, #14)
  • California Demon (Demon-Hunting Soccer Mom, #2)
  • Monet Talks (Den of Antiquity, #12)
  • The Shaman Laughs (Charlie Moon, #2)
Sarah Strohmeyer is the award-winning, nationally bestselling author of fifteen novels one of which, THE CINDERELLA PACT, became a Lifetime Movie, LYING TO BE PERFECT.
Her first mystery, BUBBLES UNBOUND, won the Agatha Award and THE SLEEPING BEAUTY PROPOSAL was nominated for a prestigious RITA. Her books have been translated into German, French, Italian, Turkish, Taiwanese and a bunch of others.
Her
More about Sarah Strohmeyer...

Bubbles Yablonsky (6 books)
  • Bubbles Unbound (Bubbles Yablonsky, #1)
  • Bubbles Ablaze (Bubbles Yablonsky, #3)
  • Bubbles A Broad (Bubbles Yablonsky, #4)
  • Bubbles Betrothed (Bubbles Yablonsky, #5)
  • Bubbles All The Way (Bubbles Yablonsky, #6)