Blank-133x176
Haunted House Jokes

Louis Phillips

Haunted House Jokes

2.6 of 5 stars 2.60  ·  rating details  ·  5 ratings  ·  2 reviews
How many witches does it take to change a light bulb? Only one--but she changes it into a frog. What is Dracula's favorite flavor of ice cream? Vein-illa. You'll find vampires, witches, ghosts, and monsters in this creepy collection of jokes and riddles.

* Puffin Chapters
* Black-and-white illustrations
* Ages 7-10
Published October 1st 1988 by Puffin (first published October 1st 1987)

Samantha
Plenty of punny jokes divided into chapters (Dracula, The Invisible Man, ghosts, werewolves, Frankenstein's Monster, skeletons, and mummies) with small black and white illustrations on each page by James Marshall.

I would've liked to see less jokes and bigger, full color pictures by Marshall, especially because a few of the jokes took me a minute to figure out so I think children may walk away not understanding more than a few punchlines. Also, I LOVE Marshall's scary-without-being-scary pictures...more
Cheryl
A cute compilation, some of which I hadn't heard before.

A couple of favorites:

Why did the werewolf finally take a bath?
(view spoiler)

What is white and powdery?
(view spoiler)
Marasia8
Marasia8 marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2013
Marti
Marti marked it as to-read
May 06, 2013
The Random House Treasury of Best-Loved Poems The Man Who Stole the Atlantic Ocean 263 Brain Busters: Just How Smart are You, Anyway? Random House Treasury of Humorous Verse Alligator Wrestling and You: An Impractical Guide to an Impossible Sport (An Avon Camelot Book)