Start by marking “Kare Kano: His and Her Circumstances, Vol. 2” as Want to Read:
Kare Kano: His and Her Circumstances, Vol. 2

Kare Kano: His and Her Circumstances, Vol. 2 (Kare Kano #2)

4.1 of 5 stars 4.10  ·  rating details  ·  2,217 ratings  ·  20 reviews
You know that couple who was obviously meant for each other, and everybody knew it, except them? That's Yukino and Soichiro, the two top students in school, who are capable of anything other than a normal relationship. Still, despite all they've been through, it seems they could finally be getting together. But now, the school's token pretty boy, Hideaki, is intent on wedg ...more
Published March 4th 2003 by TokyoPop (first published 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Kare Kano, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kare Kano

Dani
I find this series a tad repetitive while not adding as much as other series do when they go over similar feelings or situations (like Fruits Basket). Then there will be a sudden spurt of newness and unexpected reactions that enliven to series for me.

I can see how this is the mangaka's first series as she's still getting her stride as to pacing between the new plot and recapping. Still I enjoy it in spite of it's slow moments.

*Mild Spoilers*

This volume did have great moments! Yukino and Soichiro
Sara
Finally the necessary third 60% angle to this perfect triangle appears. Sorta. He redacted his motive to claim one of the couple and made nice with the other and now seems to be in use as nothing but comic relief and a way to see each characters side of things. But now that he's been introduced there is the possibility for typical lovely shoujo triangle wars. Which would probably be good right about now as I was terribly bored with the first two chapters.
Rachel Thompson
Yukino and Soichiro are so busy with school activities that they have very little time to spend together until things slow down. By then Soichiro's made a new friend, Hideaki,who wants Soichiro all to himself. He becomes Yukino's archenemy once he expresses disbelief that Soichiro could see anything worthwhile about Yukino.

About half of the book is about Yukino running around trying to find Soichiro since he's so busy with all his activities. She misses him and they haven't even been on an actua
Karine
It's okay so far, not as good as the newer stuff Ive read but I'm enjoying the characters and it's just a fun series to pick up every now and again
Patri
No pasteloso. Bien hecho.
Nichole
I AM SUCH A HUGE FAN OF MASAMI TSUDA BOOKS.
KARE KANO IS A ROMANCE COMEDY MANGA BOOK.
THIS BOOK IS ABOUT A COUPLE THAT HAS BEEN THROUGH A LOT. NOW THEY ARE FINALLY PUTTING ALL OF THE PAST BEHIND AND MOVING ON WITH THE PRESENT.I HAVE LEARNED IF IT IS MEANT TO BE THERE IS NOTHING THAT CAN COME BETWEEN THE TWO PEOPLE THAT LOVE EACH OTHER
Douglas Cootey
Not as enjoyable as the first volume for me. The romance is keen, and the characters are strong, but there were too many background conversations and drawn out conflicts. I skipped pages at a time to get to the meat of the story. Still, what was good was very good, but just not great.
Hannah
Yukino and Soichiro are cute, but all the convenient conflicts thrown their way are getting annoying, and once it starts veering away from the two of them, the story really starts to slow down.
Sarai
I did not like this one as well as the first one, though it was still enjoyable enough. It covered things that had happened in volume 1, retelling the same stuff over for a good portion of volume 2.
Nikki Kelly
A love story that revolves around highschool students but remains interesting to span 20+ volumes. The art is unique and comical.
Andrea Napiwocki
Its a classic tale of love springing up from hate. It happened to me to. Thats why this series is so addicting for me.
Indah Threez Lestari
#Program BUBU

Pertama kali dibeli dan dibaca pada tanggal 31 Juli 2004.
Cherish
I really enjoyed this volume. The was a huge sense of drama as comedy.
hissi
Nothing exciting.. I think the anime is better than the manga
Miss
Jan 29, 2010 Miss rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: manga
Really like this manga. It is sweet and nice.
Elizabeth
And yet I keep reading.
  • Mars, Volume 02 (Mars, #2)
  • Marmalade Boy, Vol. 2 (Marmalade Boy, #2)
  • Ceres, Celestial Legend: Yuhi (Ceres, Celestial Legend #2)
  • Boys Over Flowers: Hana Yori Dango, Vol. 36 (Boys Over Flowers, #36)
  • Kodocha: Sana's Stage, Vol. 06
See also 津田雅美.

Tsuda is a tea-loving, crazy manga-ka who lives in Japan. Her most famous work that has been translated into several languages is Kare Kano (or His and Her Circumstances).

Tsuda likes operas, historical sites, and classic children's tales.
More about Masami Tsuda...

Kare Kano (1 - 10 of 21 books)
  • Kare Kano: His and Her Circumstances, Vol. 1
  • Kare Kano: His and Her Circumstances, Vol. 8
  • Kare Kano: His and Her Circumstances, Vol. 9
  • Kare Kano: His and Her Circumstances, Vol. 10
  • Kare Kano: His and Her Circumstances, Vol. 11
Kare Kano: His and Her Circumstances, Vol. 1 Kare Kano: His and Her Circumstances, Vol. 3 Kare Kano: His and Her Circumstances, Vol. 5 Kare Kano: His and Her Circumstances, Vol. 4 Kare Kano: His and Her Circumstances, Vol. 6