Start by marking “Mr. Show-What Happened?: The Complete Story & Episode Guide” as Want to Read:
Mr. Show-What Happened?: The Complete Story & Episode Guide

Mr. Show-What Happened?: The Complete Story & Episode Guide

4.19 of 5 stars 4.19  ·  rating details  ·  179 ratings  ·  12 reviews
From the first time David Cross and Bob Odenkirk's cocreation aired on late-night TV in 1995, Mr. Show began developing a cult-like following, which has only grown since the series end. This lavishly-illustrated book features original, never-before-seen material--plus a complete episode guide--making it a rich, unique retrospective.
Published September 14th 2002 by Squaresville Productions

To ask other readers questions about Mr. Show-What Happened?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mr. Show-What Happened?

Sara
One full page of Jay Johnston (a.k.a. Choo-Choo the Hurky-Jerky Dancer) = happy time.
Mike
Jul 31, 2007 Mike rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Mr. Show fans
Ms. Naomi Odenkirk put together a great tome about what is, in my opinion, the funniest sketch comedy show ever made save Monty Python. In fact, Mr. Show's sensibilities and framework are based on the original Monty Python TV episodes, including the makeshift sets where the walls jiggle if the cast jumps around too much.

How do I know this?

Because I own a copy of "Mr. Show - What Happened", which tells the four season story of Mr. Show from the viewpoint of the entire cast (which includes David
Stephen
How could I not give five stars to Mr. Show?

Mr. Show is my favorite TV show and this is 248 pages all about it. Informative and funny, with some great behind-the-scenes photos, as well as discarded script pages, flyers for Mr. Show tapings and all of these other interesting things. Essential for any fan of the show.
Jarrodtrainque
From the first time David Cross and Bob Odenkirk's cocreation aired on late-night TV in 1995, Mr. Show began developing a cult-like following, which has only grown since the series end. This lavishly-illustrated book features original, never-before-seen material — plus a complete episode guide — making it a rich, unique retrospective.
Jim
Mar 07, 2008 Jim rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Mr. Show fans (duh)
Shelves: tv-movies
Everything that the Mr. Show fan needs to know, from how the show's creators met to descriptions of the horrible performing conditions that the cast endured. Plus all sorts of in-jokes, never-before-seen script snippets, and crazy-ass photos that will get stuck in your mind and never come out.
Kiof
I thought I was a huge fan of this show, but not apparently huge enough to really love this book. The book is reminiscent of the Rob Jovanovic bio of Pavement, but this Mr. Show book takes the encyclopedia route. Makes me wonder if even the greats of the 90's are that compelling.
Dave 25
I'm a huge fan of this show, and this is a very thorough summary of it. It was a lot of fun to learn about how it was discovered and eventually set up on HBO.
R.
I found the first two seasons on DVD for...$3.99. Oh, slaaaave. Hee. Ronnie Dobbs! Ronnie Dobbs!. Hee.
Sean
Dec 01, 2007 Sean rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: fans of Mr. Show
Pretty definitive history. There's plenty of behind-the-scenes info and great stories from almost the entire cast and crew.
Allison
A fun read for any big Mr. Show fan. A bit of a misleading title as it doesnt really explain "what happened".
Jason
Great for fans, maybe not so much for non-fans
Rozalynn
OK, I'm just a huge fan of the show.
Richard Hanrahan
Richard Hanrahan marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2015
Jen Lawrence
Jen Lawrence marked it as to-read
Dec 26, 2014
Karl
Karl marked it as to-read
Dec 22, 2014
T.Rob
T.Rob marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2014
Nick
Nick marked it as to-read
Nov 24, 2014
Jason Valletta
Jason Valletta marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Satiristas: Comedians, Contrarians, Raconteurs & Vulgarians
  • How to Talk Dirty and Influence People
  • Cronenberg on Cronenberg
  • Scud: The Disposable Assassin - The Whole Shebang!
  • The Broken Estate: Essays on Literature and Belief (Modern Library Paperbacks)
  • Vice Dos and Don'ts: 10 Years of VICE Magazine's Street Fashion Critiques
  • Humblebrag: The Art of False Modesty
  • Monkey Business: The Lives and Legends of The Marx Brothers
  • Monogamy
  • Andy Kaufman Revealed!: Best Friend Tells All
  • Groucho, Harpo, Chico, and Sometimes Zeppo: A Celebration of the Marx Brothers