Start by marking “An Eye In Shadows: Memoir from a Controversial Mind” as Want to Read:
An Eye In Shadows: Memoir from a Controversial Mind

An Eye In Shadows: Memoir from a Controversial Mind

1.26  ·  Rating Details  ·  31 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
NON-FICTION. Warning: Vulgarity and descriptions of intense fist fights.

From bullies, cyberbullies, to "yellow journalistic morons who never did their research about the author," Pacione compares the writing industry to the politics of high schoolers and tell his story about dealing with impossible people in the business.

A look at an underground mindset, from a pair of eye
Trade Paperback, 204 pages
Published 2007 by Angry Guinea Books

To ask other readers questions about An Eye In Shadows, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about An Eye In Shadows

Anne Hanks
Feb 23, 2008 Anne Hanks rated it did not like it
I did not like this at all. I thought is was extremely poorly written. Too many typos to even count, run-on sentences, and numerous other grammatical errors. I found the thing to ramble on and on about things that either didn't have anything to do with one another, or just out right didn't make sense. I don't recommend this book
Manny
Jun 23, 2013 Manny rated it did not like it
The only controversy is calling this a book. I've seen better products in my autistic brother's arts and crafts class. The writing borders on illiteracy, the editing is non existent, and the cover-well I've seen full diapers that look better.
Shadowtron
May 23, 2009 Shadowtron rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: I cannont recommend this book
Pacione writes this book as if he is a celebrity, and that the entire world of Joliet, Il is interested in reading about his teen years. He has no audience and, hence, no market for this type of book. Add his reputation as a woefully bad writer and a generally nasty individual, and it's easy to uncover why he's only sold a single copy. I was reading the book's disclaimer recently and found a very telling line:
“If you are going to e-mail me about proper grammar with this book – go to hell, don't
Arthur Nonny Mouse
Jun 23, 2013 Arthur Nonny Mouse rated it liked it
A memoir of a young repressed homosexual and the treatment he received in high school and later life. The self-loathing the central character feels for himself is strikingly displayed in an ambitious gambit by the writer. Making a narrator this dislikable can be a real turn off to the readership. However, the writer's depiction of a mentally subnormal functionally illiterate imbecile is so accurate you'd think the author himself was a mentally subnormal functionally illiterate imbecile. This is ...more
Monica
Oct 18, 2011 Monica rated it did not like it
Once again, this is an "author" to AVOID. This is really just a couple hundred pages of a man in his mid-thirties whining about being a nerd in middle school. The writing is terrible as usual. He just rambles on and on and on about the same things over and over again. Honestly Mr. Pacione, it is time to grow up and get over it. You need to try and work on your grammar and writing instead of obsessing about things that happened over twenty years ago.
Melany
Nov 19, 2012 Melany rated it did not like it
Don't buy this book it's a waste of money. The author is a classless, penniless, nasty piece of work with the mentality of a 5 year old who needs his mouth washed out with soap and to get a real job.
R.L. Baupader
Sep 25, 2012 R.L. Baupader rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fit-for-a-fire
I tried to read this. I really did. There are so many grammatical and spelling errors within the covers I just about had an aneurism trying to decipher what the author was writing about.

The content is worth -2 stars. The cover however is fabulous and worth 4 stars!

K.K.
Feb 24, 2008 K.K. rated it it was ok
Recommended to K.K. by: Nickolaus Albert Paucione
This is Pacione's version of THE CHOCOLATE WAR, and it's pretty courageous to rip open old wounds the way he has. While America loves to chant "Our Children Are Perfect Little Angels", in reality they can also be petty and brutal, so AN EYE IN SHADOWS is a memoir a lot of people should be able to relate to. All kinds of people are bullied growing up, and they shouldn't be...in fact, authorities are only looking into bullying NOW, after Columbine and similar rampages.

The problem with AN EYE IN SH
Colum Mcknight
May 05, 2014 Colum Mcknight rated it did not like it
This book. It's just the worst.
I bought it to see what the whole idea was behind this author... but it's just so poorly written.
Couldn't even read the whole way through.
Sad.
Michael
Sep 03, 2008 Michael rated it it was amazing
"I was wanting to grab their milk and urinate in it or take a shit in their lunch."
Uncle Ablert
Uncle Ablert rated it did not like it
Apr 21, 2015
Uncle Ablert
Uncle Ablert rated it did not like it
Apr 21, 2015
Brian Keene
Brian Keene rated it did not like it
Jul 05, 2014
Ray R
Ray R marked it as to-read
May 22, 2014
Jaja Inthesky
Jaja Inthesky rated it did not like it
Mar 27, 2014
Chris
Chris rated it did not like it
Sep 25, 2013
Tim
Tim rated it did not like it
Jul 12, 2013
Amanda
Amanda added it
Jul 10, 2013
Scott Colbert
Scott Colbert rated it did not like it
Jun 30, 2013
Stinkycat
Stinkycat rated it it was ok
Jul 02, 2013
Karen Johnson
Karen Johnson rated it did not like it
May 03, 2013
Paul Mall
Paul Mall rated it did not like it
Nov 18, 2012
Melany
Melany rated it did not like it
Nov 11, 2012
R.L. Baupader
R.L. Baupader rated it did not like it
Sep 25, 2012
Dustin Reade
Dustin Reade rated it did not like it
Dec 18, 2011
Mojo
Mojo rated it did not like it
Aug 22, 2008
Jake
Jake rated it did not like it
Jun 03, 2008
revealing the true cover for this 10 49 Jun 24, 2013 10:52AM
Goodreads Librari...: This topic has been closed to new comments. Please fix the covers 1 169 Nov 11, 2012 08:44PM
Nickolaus Pacione is the author of five books and the editor of nine anthologies, then 13 issues of a magazine called The Ethereal Gazette. He’s been published across the board for his short stories in Gothic Horror and some of his Science Fiction. The work he’s done in science fiction he can count on his fingers but the horror stories are numerous within the genres of Gothic Horror and other styl ...more
More about Nickolaus Pacione...