Start by marking “An Eye In Shadows: Memoir from a Controversial Mind” as Want to Read:
An Eye In Shadows: Memoir from a Controversial Mind

An Eye In Shadows: Memoir from a Controversial Mind

1.27 of 5 stars 1.27  ·  rating details  ·  30 ratings  ·  12 reviews
NON-FICTION. Warning: Vulgarity and descriptions of intense fist fights.

From bullies, cyberbullies, to "yellow journalistic morons who never did their research about the author," Pacione compares the writing industry to the politics of high schoolers and tell his story about dealing with impossible people in the business.

A look at an underground mindset, from a pair of eye
Trade Paperback, 204 pages
Published 2007 by Angry Guinea Books

To ask other readers questions about An Eye In Shadows, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about An Eye In Shadows

Anne Hanks
I did not like this at all. I thought is was extremely poorly written. Too many typos to even count, run-on sentences, and numerous other grammatical errors. I found the thing to ramble on and on about things that either didn't have anything to do with one another, or just out right didn't make sense. I don't recommend this book
Manny
The only controversy is calling this a book. I've seen better products in my autistic brother's arts and crafts class. The writing borders on illiteracy, the editing is non existent, and the cover-well I've seen full diapers that look better.
Shadowtron
May 23, 2009 Shadowtron rated it 1 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: I cannont recommend this book
Pacione writes this book as if he is a celebrity, and that the entire world of Joliet, Il is interested in reading about his teen years. He has no audience and, hence, no market for this type of book. Add his reputation as a woefully bad writer and a generally nasty individual, and it's easy to uncover why he's only sold a single copy. I was reading the book's disclaimer recently and found a very telling line:
“If you are going to e-mail me about proper grammar with this book – go to hell, don't
Monica
Once again, this is an "author" to AVOID. This is really just a couple hundred pages of a man in his mid-thirties whining about being a nerd in middle school. The writing is terrible as usual. He just rambles on and on and on about the same things over and over again. Honestly Mr. Pacione, it is time to grow up and get over it. You need to try and work on your grammar and writing instead of obsessing about things that happened over twenty years ago.
Arthur Nonny Mouse
A memoir of a young repressed homosexual and the treatment he received in high school and later life. The self-loathing the central character feels for himself is strikingly displayed in an ambitious gambit by the writer. Making a narrator this dislikable can be a real turn off to the readership. However, the writer's depiction of a mentally subnormal functionally illiterate imbecile is so accurate you'd think the author himself was a mentally subnormal functionally illiterate imbecile. This is ...more
Meagan
I used to think Twilight was my least liked book until I read this. People may hate on the Twilight Saga, but at least that book series was edited with a professional editor. Judging by the large amount of grammar and spelling mistakes, I strongly believe that An Eye in Shadows was never professionally edited. I couldn't even finish the book because of that.
Melany
Don't buy this book it's a waste of money. The author is a classless, penniless, nasty piece of work with the mentality of a 5 year old who needs his mouth washed out with soap and to get a real job.
K.K.
Feb 24, 2008 K.K. rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommended to K.K. by: Nickolaus Albert Paucione
This is Pacione's version of THE CHOCOLATE WAR, and it's pretty courageous to rip open old wounds the way he has. While America loves to chant "Our Children Are Perfect Little Angels", in reality they can also be petty and brutal, so AN EYE IN SHADOWS is a memoir a lot of people should be able to relate to. All kinds of people are bullied growing up, and they shouldn't be...in fact, authorities are only looking into bullying NOW, after Columbine and similar rampages.

The problem with AN EYE IN SH
R.L. Baupader
I tried to read this. I really did. There are so many grammatical and spelling errors within the covers I just about had an aneurism trying to decipher what the author was writing about.

The content is worth -2 stars. The cover however is fabulous and worth 4 stars!

Colum Mcknight
This book. It's just the worst.
I bought it to see what the whole idea was behind this author... but it's just so poorly written.
Couldn't even read the whole way through.
Sad.
Michael
"I was wanting to grab their milk and urinate in it or take a shit in their lunch."
Ray R
Ray R marked it as to-read
May 22, 2014
Amanda
Amanda added it
Jul 10, 2013
revealing the true cover for this 10 45 Jun 24, 2013 08:52PM
Goodreads Librari...: This topic has been closed to new comments. Please fix the covers 1 169 Nov 12, 2012 07:44AM
Nickolaus Pacione is the author of five books and the editor of nine anthologies, then 13 issues of a magazine called The Ethereal Gazette. He’s been published across the board for his short stories in Gothic Horror and some of his Science Fiction. The work he’s done in science fiction he can count on his fingers but the horror stories are numerous within the genres of Gothic Horror and other styl ...more
More about Nickolaus Pacione...
Tabloid Purposes Collectives In A Forsaken Landscape The Storms of Armageddon House of Spiders 3: The Account of Todd Hollins Ethereal Gazette Issue 13