Start by marking “Killer Cruise” as Want to Read:

Killer Cruise

3.71  ·  Rating Details  ·  725 Ratings  ·  38 Reviews
Onboard facilities

Pool 1, Caribbean Deck
Met hot crewmember while soaking up the sun!

The Santorini Restaurant, Olympia Deck
Heard about last year's mysterious disappearance on board. What could have happened?

Movie Theater, Fiesta Deck
Still can't stand horror flicks. Too scary.

Paris Boutique, Panama Deck
Then again, so was my near-death fall overboard last night . . .

Glamorama
Published September 23rd 2008 by HarperTeen

Caribbean Cruising by Rachel HawthorneThrill Ride by Rachel HawthorneThe Boyfriend League by Rachel HawthorneSnowed In by Rachel HawthorneLove on the Lifts by Rachel Hawthorne
HarperTeen Romantic Comedies
28th out of 39 books — 51 voters
The Fault in Our Stars by John GreenBefore I Fall by Lauren OliverVampire Academy by Richelle MeadAcross the Universe by Beth RevisThe Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith
What Top YA Books Should I Read?
180th out of 187 books — 168 voters

More lists with this book...

Victoria
Mar 06, 2011 Victoria rated it did not like it
Shelves: young-adult
Why would someone read this? I couldn't finish it. I didn't have to read the whole thing to see the vapid, conceited, superficial, self absorbed protagonist was unlikeable and unrealistic. The characters and the plot seem like stereotypes and formulas hatched by execs in a publishing house who tried and failed to figure out "what the kids will like." Funny, the copyright is not owned by Jennifer Shaw, but by John Scognamiglio!
Kari Anderson
Sep 06, 2009 Kari Anderson rated it liked it
Killer Cruise was a book I randomly stumbled upon while trying to fill out my A to Z Challenge (heard that one much lately?). And, similar to my other random choices, I really liked it.

The book is about New York socialite Ashley who goes on a cruise for her 16th birthday. Something comes up at work for her parents, so she goes with her 2 best friends, her boyfriend, her half sister and her boyfriend and her frenemy (which is her mom’s best friend’s daughter and Ashley’s biggest competition).

With
Emily Gershman
Oct 24, 2011 Emily Gershman rated it really liked it
Shelves: class-books
Killer Cruise by Jennifer Shaw, is a page turning mystery book about a 16 year old girl named Ashley. Ashley goes on a cruise for her sixteenth birthday with her two best friends, her sister, and a few other people close to her. Throughout the book Ashley starts to believe that someone is out to kill her. First the railing came off her balcony, forcing her to quickly regain her balance, or plunge into the dark sea below. After that many other “accidents” happened including a huge bolder almost ...more
James Ransier
Feb 15, 2016 James Ransier rated it it was amazing
I CALLED IT SO HARD IN THE THIRD CHAPTER
Victoria
Apr 12, 2011 Victoria rated it did not like it
Giving this book one star is being generous.
The main character is a self absorbed, conceited, and annoying.
Each page was pure torture to read. I became dumber with each chapter.

Honestly, how are people rating this as 4 or 5 stars?!
Save yourself and DON'T read this sad excuse of a book.

Dear Jennifer Shaw,
I would like to file a claim for the time lost reading this terrible book, the money spent on it, and the brain cells that died due to your less than average writing and storyline.
Jessica
Jan 27, 2014 Jessica rated it it was amazing
I literally read this in middle school. My library was selling fairly new books which is how I got this one for 50 cents a few years after it came out. It was a good book but it set expectations super high. I went on a cruise this month and being fifteen, my parents allowed some freedom. I got my own room with my two older sisters and I didn't have a curfew. I spent my days with them and after dinner with the fiends I made. There was no possible was my parents would have let me go by myself. Lik ...more
Jennifer Wardrip
Oct 23, 2008 Jennifer Wardrip rated it it was amazing
Reviewed by Jaglvr for TeensReadToo.com

Ashley Bishop is going to have the best Sweet Sixteen birthday party. She's asked to forgo the traditional celebration in lieu of a birthday cruise. And her father has agreed to the idea. So Ashley and her boyfriend, half-sister, and four others are off on a cruise to the Bahamas.

Ashley's half-sister, Charlotte, moved in with Ashley's family not too long ago. Charlotte had been living with her mother on the west coast. But after her mother is killed in an
Tiffany
Aug 04, 2010 Tiffany rated it liked it
Ashley goes on a cruise with her half sister she doesn't know and her boyfriend, her two best friends, a frenemy, and her soon to be ex-boyfriend. When attempts on her life are made on the same cruise ship where a 16 year old disappeared the year before Ashley starts to wonder if it could be her frenemy, her ex-boyfriend, her half-sister's boyfriend or the cute guy she just met that happened to be dating the girl that disappeared the year before.

Sometimes the book seemed to drag with all her inn
Kate baggett
Nov 03, 2008 Kate baggett rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: tanisha, my sister, justine, and all the other diamonds!
Recommended to Kate baggett by: i just found the book
My book- Killer Cruise, was about a teenager, having her birthday on a cruise. She invited her closest friends, also her boyfriend, which she broke up with on the first day they were there. Ashley kept on having very weird encounters on the cruise. She was determined someone was out to get her. She should of died around five times on the cruise ship. She found a lover on the cruise. She did have a good time, her friends did also. Her ex-boyfriend was out to get her. She really didn't know how to ...more
Laurence
Jun 18, 2014 Laurence rated it it was ok
CONTAINS SPOILERS

So many wrong things with this book, I don't even know where to start.
16 year old alone on a cruise, having the relationship problems of a 20 something girl, acting and talking about sex, boyfriends, and partying like a 20 something girl... WHAT?

A murder happened on the cruise and nobody cares, the cruise goes on. Charlotte leaves with handcuffs - where do they come from?

... WHY AREN'T THEY STOPPING THE CRUISE? THERE WAS A MURDER....

Rushed story, many many wrong details, overall
Ashley Filipek
Mar 11, 2016 Ashley Filipek rated it liked it
Good, fast read. Never going to win a Pulitzer, but if you want a fun book that will play on your whodunnit senses, this is a pretty decent one.
Brianna
Jun 28, 2015 Brianna rated it did not like it
I would have wanted to kill Ashley too. Sure she was nice, but a completely annoying protagonist! Who loved exclamation points! Way! Too! Much!
Laina SpareTime
Feb 07, 2016 Laina SpareTime rated it really liked it
Shelves: own
This was very fluffy and cute. This kind of reminds me of the modernized version of A Summer in Paris with added murder, or a more modern/fluffier Fear Street book. It is not groundbreaking or incredibly deep, but if you're expecting it to be, you're going in with the wrong idea and you're going to be disappointed. I mean, there are pink hearts on the cruise ship and on the anchor, people. Read the rest on my blog.
Tiffany Cox
Feb 13, 2016 Tiffany Cox rated it it was amazing
Okay this book actually wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. It got better as it went on. I thought I knew who the killer was, but boy was I surprised. There's a huge clue as to who it is so don't miss it. Ashley's killer isn't the only mystery that gets solved. Start reading now so you can find out all the twisted details!
Bridget Jensen
May 18, 2015 Bridget Jensen rated it liked it
So good
Alexa Desocio
Jul 24, 2011 Alexa Desocio rated it liked it
it was pretty good for a fluff teen mystery novel that you generally read at the beach or sitting around the pool. it was kinda strange and a totally predictable. i saw every single "shocking twist" coming several chapters before thay actually happened. you have to be in the mood for this kind of thing in order to enjoy it. i would suggest that you only read this if you are under age 16 and/or you are looking for mindless fluff to read. definetly a beach read.
Patricia
Jan 05, 2009 Patricia rated it it was ok
A wealthy girl takes her half-sister and friends on a Sweet 16 birthday cruise, and someone keeps trying to kill her! She thinks it might be the new guy who works on the ship, or maybe the boyfriend she just broke up with (while on the cruise), but it turns out to be...I won't spoil this one because it's half the fun! Teen fluff, of course, but fairly entertaining.
Minah
Aug 11, 2013 Minah rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mystery
One of the best books I've read! It wrapped mystery, romance, fashion, and a fabulous cruise vacation all in one. Killer Cruise was indeed...killer. The twist at the end will get you, and you'll find yourself questioning who you can trust. This was all around a great book, and I hope to find more like it, or more from this author!
Kellie
Mar 18, 2013 Kellie marked it as didnt-finish
Maybe I'm finally outgrowing these books, or maybe this one just didn't pull me in, but I couldn't finish it. I didn't care for the characters and it was taking too long to get into the meat of the story. I finally just gave up and peeked at the end to find out whodunit. :P
Kayla
Dec 23, 2008 Kayla rated it really liked it
Shelves:
This book was very predictable. It wasn't her crush or her ex(whom she hates), it was her "angelic" and "bookish" sister, Charlotte! Duh, we all knew this! Don't get me wrong, I liked this book, it was just an easy read.
Marj
Oct 14, 2013 Marj rated it really liked it
I love this book because though I suspected the killer halfway through the story, the climax and ending still made me shiver. A quick but good read and it can even be made into a tv-movie! Rating: 4 stars
Rachel Lee
Sep 07, 2011 Rachel Lee rated it did not like it
Very juvenile. This book is okay when you're in middle school, but cannot even be considered a light read for anyone older. I had to stop reading because the beginning was so cheesy.
Toni N
Jul 27, 2015 Toni N rated it it was ok
This book was just okay for me. I felt like it was predictable. And, it was too wordy. I feel like it went in circles too many times before getting to the point.
Andrea
May 21, 2014 Andrea rated it liked it
The book was a fast read, took me 2 days while on vacation …
Tressa
I was unable to finish Killer Cruise. I wasn’t able to relate to the main character, Ashley, and the plot didn’t interest me.
Alex
Oct 22, 2009 Alex rated it it was amazing
This book was absolutly amazing.So much mystery.Who is trying to kill ashley bishop...read this phenomonal book and find out!
Aydrea
Jul 02, 2013 Aydrea rated it really liked it
Perfect summer read. The insta-love was ridiculous in this book, but it fit with the book as a whole. Pure entertainment, fun!
Tara
Jan 28, 2010 Tara rated it liked it
Dispite my dislike for books about spoilt little brats, it was a good book that I quickly got through
paige d
Apr 15, 2012 paige d rated it it was amazing
Shelves: best-books
SUSPENSE. HORROR. SHOCK! BEST SUMMER READ! (unless you plan on a cruise ;) )
Brynn
Jun 02, 2014 Brynn rated it liked it
Typical predictable ya book.... enjoyable but nothing special.
  • Sleepless
  • Snow in Love
  • Tropical Kiss
  • Island Girls (and Boys)
  • Lovestruck Summer
  • Tourist Trap
  • Save the Date
  • So Inn Love
  • Perfect Shot
  • Party Games (Simon Romantic Comedies)
  • Sea of Love (Simon Romantic Comedies)
  • At First Sight
  • South Beach Sizzle
  • Gettin' Lucky
  • The Secret Life of a Teenage Siren (Simon Romantic Comedies)
  • Hard to Get
Jennifer Shaw is the oldest of four sisters and now lives in a much-too-small studio apartment in New York City with her dog, Delilah; cat, Miss Thing; husband, Julian; and her Archie comic collection.
More about Jennifer Shaw...