Start by marking “I've Got Your Back: Coaching Top Performers from Center Court to the Corner Office” as Want to Read:

3.46  ·  Rating Details  ·  57 Ratings  ·  3 Reviews
Like its bestselling predecessors Success Is a Choice by Rick Pitino, Winning Every Day by Lou Holtz, and The Winner Within by Pat Riley, Head Game will help you take your game from good to great—no matter what field you compete in.

Brad Gilbert was the fourth highest ranked tennis player in the world in 1989. He won twenty major tournaments and dominated many players who

Published September 2nd 2004 by Portfolio Hardcover

To ask other readers questions about I've Got Your Back, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I've Got Your Back

Earl Gray
One of the first coaching books I read. Gilbert is a master of setting the stage for the players he is coaching to do their absolute best work. His focus and concentration of them is remarkable, and the way he prepositions everything necessary for them to succeed is a model for everyone who works with people and wants to help them be remarkable, too.

Read this if you are a coach of any kind. Read it it you love athletics, competition, and especially the game of tennis. Gilbert tells the stories w
Javier
Sep 19, 2014 Javier rated it really liked it
As a former college tennis player, I felt identified with all the advise Gilbert gives.
My main reason to give 4-stars to this book is the way he relates the tennis-court experience to other areas of professional life.
Carol
Aug 02, 2009 Carol rated it really liked it
Darned good, short, book for anyone who wants insight into the world of professional tennis, particularly Andre Agassi, but covering lots of other players as well. It combines personal experience with personal growth in facing the adversities of life, triumphing over them. It's a good book for anybody who wants to encourage themselves, or someone else to be all they can be. (Sounds like an Army commercial--doesn't it)
Laura marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2016
Nc
Nc marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2016
Bob Koch
Bob Koch marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2016
Alex Cates
Alex Cates rated it liked it
Jun 14, 2016
Sam
Sam rated it liked it
Apr 17, 2016
Julia Metcalfe
Julia Metcalfe marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2016
Monica Lucena
Monica Lucena rated it did not like it
Mar 22, 2016
Paul Jacobs
Paul Jacobs rated it liked it
Feb 22, 2016
Katy Freels
Katy Freels rated it liked it
Jan 20, 2016
Emily
Emily rated it really liked it
Dec 15, 2015
Derek James
Derek James marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2015
Jo
Jo rated it really liked it
Dec 24, 2015
Simecekm
Simecekm marked it as to-read
Sep 28, 2015
Camden Coyle
Camden Coyle marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2015
Zia
Zia rated it it was amazing
Sep 22, 2015
Corey McLaughlin
Corey McLaughlin marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2015
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2015
Daniel Hauff-Lazar
Daniel Hauff-Lazar marked it as to-read
May 29, 2015
Chris Ross
Chris Ross marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2015
Hugo Martínez
Hugo Martínez marked it as to-read
May 22, 2015
Patrik Filipsson
Patrik Filipsson rated it it was amazing
Apr 27, 2015
Anton
Anton rated it really liked it
Jun 06, 2016
George  Tell
George Tell rated it it was ok
Apr 04, 2015