Start by marking “Nowhere Land (Remnants, #4)” as Want to Read:
Nowhere Land (Remnants, #4)

Nowhere Land (Remnants #4)

Jobs, Mo'Steel, 2Face, and a handful of others are the last of the human race. They are all that remain of what we knew as the planet Earth. And they've traveled millions of miles and five hundred years to find a place to begin again.
  But the ship that now sustains them nearly destroys the survivors. Its computer feeds them images that are incredibly beautiful, intensel
Published January 1st 2002 by Scholastic Paperbacks (first published 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Nowhere Land, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nowhere Land

Julie
Sep 21, 2011 Julie rated it really liked it
I can't shelve this as "non-white main character" because it's an ensemble, but I am so pleased that 2Face finally gets a cover, and that she's unambiguously Asian. So, accordingly, I'm going to go back and retroactively create a "POC on cover" shelf now!

We're nearing the point in Remnants where I can't really remember what happens; a couple things rang bells in this book, but it's getting fainter and fainter. I think #5 or #6 may be the last books I read, so I can soon no longer refer to these
Stephanie
Nov 13, 2015 Stephanie rated it really liked it
July 12, 2016:
Finished it last night, review and rating to come as soon as I can figure out how to be remotely eloquent about it :)

July 13, 2016:
  Cover is comparatively accurate once again… though based on 2Face’s stance, I expected something more…supernatural to occur with her? After all, they were all soaking in space radiation for 500 years… and we’ve already seen some of how Billy, Tamara, and Edward have “changed”… Though her stance does fit the empowerment she portrays more and more as th
Thistle
Jan 09, 2017 Thistle rated it really liked it
*Spoilers*

While the plot is great, the number of non-story issues are growing. As I said in my last reviews of the books in this series, these books are darned short. They very very much feel like chapters, not whole books. Related to that: It's getting annoying how much recapping the author has to do, when it feels like we just read about it in the last chapter.

Unfortunately there's an even bigger issue: I'm afraid poor Mrs. Applegate's editor might have died. The first book was near-perfect in
Trihaly
Dec 15, 2016 Trihaly rated it really liked it
This series gets more and more intriguing! I've been a fan of Applegate's for a long time, and I just love the worlds she creates. I can't wait to read more :) Onward to the next one to find out what else happens to the last surviving remnants of the human race!
Mike
Rating: 4.5/5

I friggin love these books.

I do. I'm finding that the more of them I read, the more invested in the story I get. And there are another ten of them, so I get a lot of it. Applegrant has an amazing, almost unequaled ability to create characters that I can connect to. Like 2Face. 2Face is one of my very favorite characters in all of fiction. And Yago. He's purposely a dick, but he's a dick in the same way that Caine from Gone is; a well-rendered, interesting, human dick. It's been a wh
Julie Decker
Aug 10, 2014 Julie Decker rated it really liked it
On the creepy Mother ship, the humans have destroyed what threatened them before and now face a different kind of threat. As the previously divided groups find each other again (which is not to say they're getting along), they struggle to survive in an ocean environment that is what the place was before the humans got there with their artwork influencing everything. The Riders and the Meanies are still a threat, and Yago is still obsessed with being the group's leader. But physical battles aren' ...more
Wendy
Mar 29, 2008 Wendy rated it really liked it
Well this was another interesting chapter in the Remnants series. The survivors are exploring the ship that they have found themselves on. They encounter a nightmare world full of horrors that only a sick mind could create. They befriend one of the Blue Meanies and get more of an understanding of what is happening in the battle between these aliens and the Riders who are trying to kill the survivors.

I am sad that this is the last book in the series that I currently have. I am going to go on a h
Paul
Dec 28, 2014 Paul rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2015
Review written: sometime before September 16, 2015

Nowhere Land by Katherine Applegate

Why I read it: More Remnants!

Rating: 3/5

What I thought: Yep, again I just don’t have a whole lot to say about this one. I really wish I did. It’s not like I don’t like the books though, because I do! Just not as much as I’d like to, and not enough to find them all that memorable at all. It’s just a jumble of oddness and people being grumpy at each other. Again, a shame.
Z
Mar 15, 2009 Z rated it liked it
I'm actually still enjoying this series. It surprises me a bit, but I'm learning to deal with the weird artificial environments and the weird names and just go with the flow. The in-fighting and the fractioning of the group is very interesting to see. Plus, the Blue Meanies and the Riders are starting to make a bit more sense. (And I like naval battles.) We'll see what the next book holds....
Shell Hunt
Nowhere Land is definitely not my favorite of the series. It was way more corny and childish than the other books.
The strangeness is multiplied and the characters' growth is magnified in this book. I have no idea where this is going. What is going on?! Who are these people? What's happening to everyone.
It's like "Lost" with kids.
Andy Huber
Sep 16, 2012 Andy Huber marked it as to-read

it sound to me like the book about
the girl which is inside cyber

There is a audiobook about .nowheres land.
It is horrible!

Some time after i listened to the
audiobook i draw a picture with a flower which is over the city. To get another view for the book! Argh...only a few different.... things and the book would become so great....

ty
Jackie Krasuski
Jul 24, 2011 Jackie Krasuski rated it it was ok
The idea behind these books really got my attention because it is life after the end of the world, however after the Animorphs series and Everworld this was quite a letdown. Besides that, the whole end of the world thing is becoming a real redundant theme lately.
Anthony
Mar 05, 2009 Anthony rated it it was amazing
Its been years since i have read this book, probably when i was like 12 years old. But i do know that this book was amazing. My sister has the whole series(had the whole series) Great reading material for anyone who is really in to si-fi.
Swankivy
Aug 20, 2008 Swankivy rated it really liked it
I like the character of 2Face even though she's pretty dang evil. And the feeling of alien-ness about everything that's going on and how human everyone still acts toward each other (I mean that in both good and bad ways).
Krystl Louwagie
Feb 19, 2012 Krystl Louwagie rated it liked it
I feel like this installment didn't have quite as much of interest packed into it-more just "action-fighting for your life" sequences. Although, I'm very glad to have Billy Weir with us again, and the intro at the end makes me think the next book'll be very interesting!
Zumie
Zumie rated it liked it
Jun 18, 2014
Hannah
Hannah rated it it was ok
Jan 25, 2009
Marcus Dean
Marcus Dean rated it really liked it
Oct 21, 2015
Allison
Allison rated it really liked it
Aug 15, 2011
Annie Arbuckle
Annie Arbuckle rated it it was ok
Jan 25, 2012
Harrison
Harrison rated it liked it
Jan 24, 2013
Sanna
Sanna rated it liked it
Feb 21, 2014
Rohan Goplakrishnan
Rohan Goplakrishnan rated it liked it
Oct 18, 2011
Emily Jane
Emily Jane rated it liked it
Dec 22, 2012
Kevin
Kevin rated it liked it
Jun 30, 2012
Katie Clark
Katie Clark rated it it was ok
Nov 30, 2011
Amber Barlow
Amber Barlow rated it really liked it
Jan 08, 2012
Tory Wilson
Tory Wilson rated it really liked it
Aug 27, 2016
Rishi Kulkarni
Rishi Kulkarni rated it liked it
Jul 26, 2013
Julie Nusbaum
Julie Nusbaum rated it really liked it
Jun 13, 2011
  • Hostage (The Change, #2)
  • Lab Rat One (Touchstone, #2)
  • Book of Nightmares (Diadem, Worlds of Magic, #6)
  • Aenir (The Seventh Tower, #3)
  • The Geneva Decision (Pia Sabel #1; Sabel Security Thriller #1)
  • The Dangerous Quest (Spooksville, #20)
  • What Happiness Looks Like (Sisters Series, #2)
  • E. Godz
  • Bolo Brigade (Bolo, #4)
  • Doctor Who and the Terror of the Autons
  • Broken Sky #4
  • Dragonsight (The Jelindel Chronicles #3)
  • The Hand of Dinotopia
Applegate was born in Michigan in 1956. Since then she has lived in Texas, Florida, California, Minnesota, Illinois, North Carolina, and after living in Pelago, Italy for a year, she has moved back to Southern California. She has an eleven year old son named Jake Mates, although she says the Animorph leader is not named after him. In 2003 she and her husband, Michael Grant, her co-author on many p ...more
More about Katherine Applegate...

Remnants (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • The Mayflower Project (Remnants, #1)
  • Destination Unknown (Remnants, #2)
  • Them (Remnants, #3)
  • Mutation (Remnants, #5)
  • Breakdown (Remnants, #6)
  • Isolation (Remnants, #7)
  • Mother, May I? (Remnants, #8)
  • No Place Like Home (Remnants, #9)
  • Lost and Found (Remnants, #10)
  • Dream Storm (Remnants, #11)