Start by marking “Angels on the Roof” as Want to Read:
Angels on the Roof

Angels on the Roof

In Shelby's dysfunctional family, her mom refuses to talk about the father she's never known. Now, Shelby is heading for Red Valley, an isolated town in the Texas Panhandle that may hold the key to her mother's secrets. But Shelby discovers that the truth can be dangerous and that some questions are better left unanswered.
Mass Market Paperback, 192 pages
Published October 12th 1999 by Laurel Leaf (first published 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Angels on the Roof, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Angels on the Roof

Kelly
Dec 16, 2008 Kelly rated it really liked it
I'd give this a 4.5.

Another one I read by Moore when I was younger. I am glad I revisited it. Moore does such a cool thing with her literary allusions -- the first part of the book, the set up mirrors Moby Dick . Zoe is Ahab, on the quest for Georgia O'Keffee's life while Shelby is the Ishmael, along for the ride. As the story evolves, and as the last paragraph of the book says, it turns into Janie's journey in Their Eyes Were Watching God . Moore never comes out and says that, alluding to it
Kierra/kiki
Oct 27, 2014 Kierra/kiki rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed Angels on the Roof by Martha Moore.The book was like a big story about a girl who wandered past her boundaries and agitated with her family.But she manages to come thru the end.When her mom took her to a small city and she wanted to learn more about her father. during the time she was trying to get her mother to tell her about her father she meets her grandmother which is a wood carver and many people believe there were angels on her roof. Later on she finds out the truth about ...more
Harneet
Nov 06, 2015 Harneet rated it liked it
A girl become agitated with her family. Her mom takes her to a small city where she wanted to learn more about her dad because her mom has never sat her down to tell her. She finally finds out the truth about her father, and she is not happy. I personally did not like the book because during some parts it would become really boring and other parts would grab my attention fast.
Alex
Mar 10, 2014 Alex rated it liked it
Another book I read back in middle school. I picked it up and wanted it to read it because it had a pretty cover. I don't remember much about the book expect for the pocket size dog, but I read it at a time that I didn't read much, so the fact that I actually finished it at that time means it deserves at least three stars. I know I still have that book so maybe someday I'll back and reread it.
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2016
Linzey
Linzey marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2016
Linda Lipko
Linda Lipko marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2016
Diana
Diana added it
Jul 13, 2015
Samantha
Samantha rated it it was amazing
Jul 02, 2015
Ross Chaavelas
Ross Chaavelas marked it as to-read
May 17, 2015
Duy Pham
Duy Pham rated it it was ok
May 14, 2015
Huw
Huw marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2015
Leslie Rewis
Leslie Rewis rated it it was amazing
Jan 20, 2015
Thao
Thao rated it liked it
Dec 05, 2014
Jo
Jo rated it it was ok
Oct 30, 2014
Tiffany
Tiffany rated it liked it
Aug 03, 2014
Rachael Mclain
Rachael Mclain rated it really liked it
Jul 21, 2014
Amanda Denbeck
Amanda Denbeck rated it really liked it
Apr 14, 2014
Melody
Melody rated it liked it
Jan 27, 2014