Start by marking “A Fiend In Need” as Want to Read:
A Fiend In Need

A Fiend In Need (Demon Duster #2)

3.76 of 5 stars 3.76  ·  rating details  ·  151 ratings  ·  28 reviews
It's only been a month since single mom Cassie Burke unexpectedly became the hottest demon killer in town-and already there's a price on her head and a website calling for her murder.

Then a sizzling hunk of a faery shows up on her porch in need of protection. Cassie's happy to help because, after all, he is an expert love slave. Plus, he gets along great with her teenage...more
Published March 4th 2008 by NAL Trade

To ask other readers questions about A Fiend In Need, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Fiend In Need

Jenn
I never knew that reading a book could actually be painful. This story makes Twilight look like a slightly-less-crappy version of Twilight.
I stopped reading at page 39. After constant, mind-numbing, annoying reminders that Cassidy is a "cool mom" who is best buds with her daughter, obsessed with food, can't/won't cook, and refers to genitals as "hoo-hah and Mr. Happy", I'd had enough. They're called vaginas and penises, lady!
For good measure, this author tossed in a few "Oh, did I mention...?" e...more
Julie (jjmachshev)
A stonking good read by Maureen Child.

It's only been a month since Cassie learned of her legacy as a demon duster. Now she's caught between a demon, a human, and a faery...and it appears a demon queen has put a price on her head! Poor Cassie, even with all this drama, she still has a teenage daughter to raise and a business to run. It seems a demon duster's work is never done...

I finished this book with a big ole grin on my face. Nuff said?
Lisa
The events of this book take place a month after the end of the previous book, 'More than Fiends', when Cassidy Burke discovered that she was a Demon Duster, a kind of Demon Slayer. Her life has become more complicated - although also more fun - now she has a demon lover, Devlin Cole, and Logan, the father of her fifteen year old daughter has also come back into her life.This story continues Cassie's experiences as a new Demon Duster. However her love life takes an unexpected twist when a Faery...more
Barbara ★
A light and fluffy demon hunter story. Demon Duster Cassie is a sex addict, a chocaholic and a demon magnet. She is inundated with demons trying to kill her since she gave sanctuary to Brady, the demon Queen's Faery and sex slave. This is a rollicking good time except for the demon dusting. Human cop, ex-husband Logan, wants back in her life. Demon lover, Devlin wants back in her life after cheating on her. And of course, the Queen is trying to kill her. Action, action, action and lots of food t...more
Holly Davis
This was a fun book. It had most of the same flaws as the first, the immature dealing with sex or her hoo-hah yet I knew this. I read this in one sitting, since over the "I'm a Demon Duster? How and why??" It steadied Cassidy and Thea's relationship so you saw more of how they were closer than the first. Curious to see if there will be another installment if so I'll most likely pick it up as there are a few things I hope for an answer to.
Karen Peterson
These were quick, funny, snarky stories - like Stephanie Plum (the early ones) with demons and Faeries.
Mary  (Biblophile)
Another funny adventure in the life of demon duster Cassie Burke. In this one a fairy asks for santuary from Cassie thereby incurring the queen's wrath. Toss in your normal demons out to get her, her ex moving across the street, and a fight with her demon lover, and her hands a full. Fun, fast read.
Angela
Seriously LOVED this book!! I don't usually like first person books, but this one was so funny, I loved it from the first page. Loved the characters, the secondaries, action.... just everything!! Didn't even stop for a second to read the second book, I loved this so much! Light hearted, FUN book!!
Michelle (Purr More, Censor Less)
Book #2 in the Demon Duster series. If you like light paranormal romance with fun-snarky humor then you may like this one. The sex is very limited (almost nonexistent) especially compared to the first book. The ending seems to imply there is more to come in this series...I hope so!
Lori
I picked this up as a "guilty pleasure" read because it was on sale. It was a quick read. Kind of reminded me of Buffy (even references about that TV show was in the book) Only thing is the author kept using the word hoohah throughout the booked which was kind of annoying.
Mandy
I bought this for $1 at the bookstore about eight months ago. Since then, I've tried to read it four different times. I never managed to make it past page twenty, until this time. I only finished because it fit in a challenge. I want my time and my dollar back.
Ellyn
I didn't like this second book in the series as much as the first one. The plot was a little all over the place and Cassidy was kind of annoying. I'll probably read the next book to see if the series is worth continuing with. I hope it picks up better from there.
Kourtney
I really enjoyed both Fiend books! They made me chuckle, they were hard to put down, and it was an open ending that leaves room for a third book (please please please!!!) I highly recommend to anyone who enjoys a good demon-living-amongst-the-humans story!
Ebook-A Fiend in Need

This book was hilarious, exciting and sweet. There is a lot of action and romantic moments. I recommend to young adults and up. I want to see what Maureen has next.
Susan
Well if you’re interested in a funny and sexy read; this is the book for you. I really enjoyed this fast paced quirky story and look forward to the next (hopefully) book in the series.
Sherri
This is a cute, funny, quircky paranormal book. Similar to authors Katie MacAlister and Candace Havens. It was a very quick summer read, perfect for beach and pool reading.
Christine
sexy and fun. hope there is another one coming out soon. : )
cute story, but it left off like there'd be more to the series...is there?
Krista Liebrum
not as good as the first....... Brandy died...wtf.
Susan
Loved this short series, whiched there was a third book.
Lindy
Didn't really care for the heroine or the ending.
Mical
cute - funny.... Had me laughing outloud!!
Karen
Very cute! Learned some new words!
Crystal
a little on the trashy side!
Melissa Wehunt
A Fiend In Need by Maureen Child (2008)
Jeannette
A nice light reading.
Heather
A funny quick read.
Mary
Nothing new, but pretty fun.
Donna
Donna added it
Oct 17, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
USA Today best selling author Maureen Child is the author of more than ninety romance novels and novellas. Maureen is a five time nominee for the prestigious Rita award from Romance Writers of America.
One of her novels, A Pocketful Of Paradise, was made into a CBS-TV movie called The Soul Collector, starring Melissa Gilbert, Bruce Greenwood and Ossie Davis.
Over the years, she’s written under lot...more
More about Maureen Child...
Baby Bonanza Bargaining for King's Baby (Kings of California, #1) Wedding at King's Convenience (Kings of California, #6) Beauty and the Best Man (Dynasties: The Lassiters) Bedeviled (Queen of the Otherworld, #1)