Start by marking “A Perfect Stranger (Jika Hati Saling Bertaut)” as Want to Read:
A Perfect Stranger (Jika Hati Saling Bertaut)

A Perfect Stranger (Jika Hati Saling Bertaut)

3.7 of 5 stars 3.70  ·  rating details  ·  5,021 ratings  ·  65 reviews
Raphaella, seorang wanita berdarah cantik berdarah Spanyol - Prancis, menikah pada seorang bankir kaya pada usia masih sangat muda. Suaminya yang 40 tahun labih tua sangat mencintainya, tetapi ketika ia terserang kelumpuhan, hidupnya seakan telah berakhir, begitu pula hidup Raphaella. Dalam kesepiannya, ia bertemu Alex, pengacara muda yang jatuh cinta padanya. Tapi kesadar ...more
Published June 1994 by Gramedia Pustaka Utama (first published 1981)

To ask other readers questions about A Perfect Stranger, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Perfect Stranger

Chenara Jade
this is the first DS book i read... since then i never stopped reading all DS Novels... still collecting DS Novels.. never STOPPED, Can't stop!!! =)
Ada Iaboni
It was a lovely story that makes you think that love at first sight is possible.
The cultural differences of two worlds perhaps even three of the main character make you think of the freedom of thought we as "American" have.
The resolution was a little too abrupt and the ending left me a bit dry, but as a whole it was a good story and kept me reading.
Brandy
I don't know what it is about her books that suck you in, especially when 90% of the time you know what is going to happen. I read this one in one day. One thing that did bother me and she does this in a lot of her books. Is that you see so much of the main characters struggles but then when everything is resolved and they get back together, the book is over. That's what I wanted to know about this book. Did Alex & Raphaella get married? Have kids? What happened with Amanda or Kay? Too many ...more
penelopewanders
Read in Mallorca.
I think it must be close to thirty years since I've read anything by this author, and I have to admit I came close to simply putting the book away several times. I did push myself through to the end, but this was really not my cup of tea. The love at first sight scenario is difficult enough to swallow, but all the characters are such caricatures, that it's almost unbearable. The put-upon macho man, surrounded by overbearing yet successful females, yearning in vain for a true wom
Hanz
This beautiful book I remember reading when i was 16. And i cant forget it. The pain the love the longing and the true way of expressing that love isnt perfect its actually the most difficult thing to acquire and keep. The struggles that Raphaella, and how she tries to battle between diong the right thing and struggle to make herself happy is so well shown.
Vinnell
A lovely story that makes you think that love at first sight is possible – if you are a romantic at heart. It was bit over exaggerated – even a perfect love has some problems. Don’t get me wrong, it was a good story that kept me reading but once I finished it, I felt unsatisfied as the overall plot is dry and a lot of the characters’ stories remain unresolved.
Amani Annabel
Alexander and Raphaella have a beautiful love at first sight story! It is so real.. so magical! Funny how life begins when we step out of our safe havens.
Glyde
Shared this to many and they loved it! ^_^
Zona
I didn't fall head over heels with this story. It's not my favorite Danielle Steele book. It was just kind of okay and that makes me sad. I explain further on my blog www.booknerdbecca.com
The ending was sweet, but again, it was lacking. I really wanted more. It was just kind of like, "Okay, and now we're done." And after the huge intro of angsty stuff in the beginning, I really wanted more to go on at the end.
It wasn't a bad story, but it was a little long for the amount of story you get. I gave
Sukeina
Liked what Danielle wanted to convey through the novel, but too dry for my liking... felt pretty exaggerated !!
pyjamasmotif
my first Danielle Steel...a most romantic plot and i sense most of her book written as such but somehow, this book is draggy. Numerous times i read the declaration of the characters love for one another..the same love language which is used repetitively...then the push and pull effect where the characters decide on "to be or not to be"...these indecisiveness and romance repeatedly appear in most of the pages made the book rather draggy...anyway, its a decent book and thought it deserve a 3 from ...more
Lana
It was ok, but that's it. It didn't thrill me.
Sumaiyah
May 27, 2007 Sumaiyah rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: my friends
Shelves: syakillasshelf
i've learn many new things from this book.i very like it because she use the simple language and i can understand it clearly.this book helps me to improve my grammar and languange.it is my first english novel, i thought.i had borrowed it from my friend and i had finished reading it in two weeks(how amazing!) because i've never been reading english novel in such short time.well, i don't know how to tell how i like this book very much.thank you.
Courtney
this was an okay book. a guy sees this girl who is crying in a yard, so he goes and watches her (kinda creepy) but he ends up going on the same trip as she did and ends up finding out that she's married to a man who is about to die and she is only in her twenties, she loved him though. they end up having an affair and her husband died, but before he did he saw how happy she was and knew what she did and told her to be with the man.
Ronald Wise
A rather corny romance with some unbelievable coincidences and characters. But there were a couple of characters that were so despicable that I had to read on, hoping they'd get their just due. This was one of the author's books I added to my list after reading her novel Toxic Bachelors. But after this one I might just remove her other titles from the list as a waste of reading time.
Melody
Même si elle est infidèle, j'ai trouvé Raphaella admirable. Elle a vraiment le sens du "sacrifice" car, après tout, elle reste au côté de son mari jusqu'à la fin, alors que d'autres auraient choisi de partir et "profiter" de leur jeunesse.
Jill
predictable but was free for me and worked out well for beach reading. I liked it. had some interesting twists. Only Danielle Steele book I've read, and since according to the reviews they are the same may be the only one I read
Tara
This one was great in parts and overall very interesting and thought provoking... like what would I have done in her shoes... I thought that the ending was a little abrupt and would have liked a bit more subsance at the end.
Shenky5
Sep 25, 2007 Shenky5 added it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: illona kapenda
Shelves: sheleca
it's not all about image or status but you can find a perfect stranger to be your soul mate at point. Don't judge people by their appearence or family history they mighty be very deferent from what you thought you knew.
Luidz
a beautifully written story of love...A Perfect Stranger has caught the emotions of everybody regardless of races & beliefs. Superb book i couldn't dare to stop reading each page.
sandra
D.S is great author. She always use the simply languange. So, the readers can understand it clearly. The lesson is don't judge people by their appearence or family history.
Meryem
My first Steel book , the end was pretty predictible since the actions were unrealistic like most of the cheesy romance books that are written to be sold and acted .
Saira sami
Mar 02, 2008 Saira sami rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fatima iqbal,samia asif
Nice book about a wealthy married woman searching for happiness without hurting other characters in the story.
Akshi Chadha
Too fast paced for my liking.
There was hardly any soul in it....just empty i love u s and not so romantic blah blah.
Sheena612
It makes you feel the same intensity of emotions like that of the characters! Makes you think you're one of them.
Dhen Hawke
I'm not quite sure if I like this one or not. It came across to be bit cheesy and predictable I'm being honest.
Sharon Watkins
Ahh, love works in many different ways. I loved this book. I couldn't put it down!
Danielle Steel Bo...: A Perfect Stranger 1 7 Nov 20, 2012 03:14AM
  • Love in Another Town
  • Danielle Steel
  • Papa You're Crazy
  • The Ugly Duchess
  • Labyrint světa a ráj srdce
  • Till We Meet Again
  • Vegas Heat (Vegas, #2)
  • Talks With T. G. Masaryk
  • The Rule of Four
  • The Lazarus Child
  • Slavnosti sněženek
  • Summer Pleasures (Celebrity Magazine #1 & 2)
  • Markéta Lazarová
  • Hruškadóttir (Islandská novela)
  • Плаха
  • Twist of Fate (A Holiday Romance Novella)
  • Bitter Sweet
  • Záhada hlavolamu (Stínadelská trilogie, #1)
Since 1981, Ms. Steel has been a permanent fixture on the New York Times hardcover and paperback bestseller lists. In 1989, she was listed in the Guinness Book of World Records for having at least one of her books on the Times bestseller list for 381 consecutive weeks. But Guinness was premature. The fact is that one or more of Ms. Steel's novels have been on the New York Times bestseller list for ...more
More about Danielle Steel...
Safe Harbour Sisters The Gift Kaleidoscope Fine Things