Start by marking “The Complete Green Lama, Vol. 1” as Want to Read:
The Complete Green Lama, Vol. 1

The Complete Green Lama, Vol. 1 (The Complete Green Lama #1)

Chanting "Om Mani Padme Hum," the wealthy Jethro Dumont transformed into the Green Lama - a flying freedom fighter made famous in comics by the distinguished and imaginative artist Mac Raboy. This Buddhist superhero used special powers gained in a pilgrimage to Tibet to fight master criminals, monstrous dictators, and inequality across the globe The Green Lama made his ...more
Published May 13th 2008 by Dark Horse

To ask other readers questions about The Complete Green Lama, Vol. 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Complete Green Lama, Vol. 1

Paul
Jul 19, 2008 Paul rated it liked it
I own one original issue of the Green Lama comic, so much of this volume didn't come as a surprise, but I was a little surprised to see how consistently these stories are, oh, shall we say, "inspired" by other comics. Green Lama himself is a thin Captain Marvel rip off, and the Boy Champions are a riff on the Boy Commandoes, or maybe the Tough Kid Squad, or the Young Allies, or...geez, there's a lot of them.

Rick Masters, the aviation strip, falls short of being a rip off of other aviation strip
Brian
Jan 03, 2016 Brian rated it really liked it
I bought this book a comic book convention last year. I have been a big fan of Mac Raboy for years. I try to buy at least one of his comics everytime I'm at a show. They are getting more and more expensive, and harder to find.
I don't think that I've seen any "Green Lama" comics for a while, so this was a great find.
Yes the stories are a bit wonky, but the art is wonderful!
I really like the fact that this book includes all of the features from the comics, even the text stories (which were require
Chuck
Oct 03, 2008 Chuck rated it it was ok
Shelves: comics
The main attraction here is Mac Raboy's artwork on the otherwise forgettable character. Unfortunately, that work is only about a quarter of the entire book. The rest is devoted to even more obscure back-up features. The artwork overall is better than in most comics of the period, but the writing is ridiculous through out. Mildly interesting as a curiosity, but you'll hate yourself if you spend money on it.
Mike
Aug 16, 2015 Mike rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
Amusing, but the title character's stories were the weakest of the bunch. Disappointing in that regard, but these were reasonably solid Golden Age stories.
Carole Corcoran
Carole Corcoran rated it really liked it
Apr 18, 2015
Rick
Rick rated it really liked it
Jun 23, 2008
David Zachariason
David Zachariason rated it it was amazing
Oct 11, 2014
Frankie Roxx
Frankie Roxx rated it really liked it
Apr 02, 2015
Jason
Jason rated it liked it
Aug 15, 2015
Jesse Hill
Jesse Hill rated it really liked it
Nov 23, 2016
Von Allan
Von Allan rated it liked it
Nov 30, 2008
Jeff Richey
Jeff Richey rated it liked it
Oct 14, 2013
Steve
Steve rated it really liked it
Aug 05, 2014
Kevin
Kevin rated it it was amazing
Jan 19, 2016
Philip Athans
Philip Athans rated it it was amazing
Apr 16, 2012
David
David rated it it was amazing
May 09, 2012
Michael
Michael marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2011
Netherwerks
Netherwerks marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2011
Joshlynn
Joshlynn marked it as to-read
May 22, 2012
Chud
Chud marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2012
Steven
Steven marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2012
Brent
Brent marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2013
Brook
Brook marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2013
Tony Tone
Tony Tone marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2014
Kevin
Kevin marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2014
Paul
Paul marked it as to-read
Dec 28, 2014

The Complete Green Lama (2 books)
  • The Complete Green Lama, Vol. 2