Daring to Dream  (Meraih Impian)

Daring to Dream (Dream Trilogy #1)

3.99 of 5 stars 3.99  ·  rating details  ·  15,899 ratings  ·  306 reviews
Margo Sullivan memiliki segala yang diinginkan wanita muda. Dibesarkan di rumah mewah di tebing berbatu Monterey, diperlakukan layaknya anggota keluarga-meski berstatus putri pengurus rumah tangga Templeton-Margo tidak dapat mengingkari impiannya untuk memiliki hal-hal yang lebih besar.
Dalam hati ia tahu bahwa uang tidak bisa membeli satu hal yang paling diinginkannya-kas...more
Published 2003 by Gramedia Pustaka Utama (first published 1996)

Meagan
As always Nora Roberts writes some darn good stories. I've read at least three or four of her series, and so far I haven't found any that disappoint me. I don't think any of her other series will ever top the In The Garden Trilogy for me, but to be honest I really like the way Nora Roberts writes really nice descriptions in all the books I've read.

Margo was a lot of fun to read about. She was different. She was a big dreamer who was a bit flighty, but she had a lot of compassion and kindness. I...more
Heather
i always hate getting stuck with a main character like this! she's all concerned with fame and fortune,has apparently slept with everyone-sometimes just to boost her career-and had an affair with a married man.
what started out like a good book ended quickly.really quickly. the prologue was the only interesting thing in the whole book.and nora never really went anywhere with it.
the characters aren't likeable,which is typical in a nora roberts book.
there's a lot of short. sentences like.this that...more
Ada
Another satisfying read from Nora Roberts. I'm a little disappointed in myself that it took me this long to read the Dream series but better late than never.

The series revolves around 3 lifelong friends - Laura Templeton, daughter of a hotel magnate, her cousin Kate Powell, orphaned young and brought to live with the Templetons and Margo Sullivan, daughter of the Templeton's head housekeeper.

It's a great story that tells the tale of a woman's journey to realizing what is truly important is famil...more
Alex is The Romance Fox
What a fabulous start to yet another of my favorite NR series!!!

Daring to Dream, the 1st of the Dream Trilogy introduces three “sisters”, who, whilst not by blood, have a strong and loving bond, growing up together in the beautiful Templeton House overlooking the Big Sur and we are taken on a journey with Margo Sullivan, the beautiful and passionate daughter of the Templeton’s housekeeper, has always dreamed of fame and glamour and being more than just the “housekeeper’s” daughter.

The story begi...more
Autumn
ok so the book it self was 3 stars in my opinion as far as romance, but i gave it 4 because i liked the way NR created this characters and made them work out in romantic story.

Let me warn you,that is not the typical heroine that is looking for love..Margo`s priorities are to make something of herself. She is portrayed a bit as shallow,careless,but very loyal person.

What captivated my attention of this book was the premise. Margo achieves her "dreams" above and beyond.. only to find herself back...more
Tia Bach
Daring to Dream (#1 in the Dream Trilogy) follows fiesty Margo Sullivan from her modeling days, the inevitable fall from grace, and then straight jump into bed with a man who she's known all her life. This book, and I swear I don't generally say this about Nora Roberts' books, felt contrived and silly from the onset. I found Margo to be a brat and her newfound love, Josh Templeton, a jerk with anger and jealousy issues. Margo, of course the housekeeper's daughter, grew up in the fabulously wealt...more
Cata
1º volume da Trilogia do Sonho.

Outro livro que iniciei sem grandes expectativas e que acabou por me surpreender pela positiva. A Trilogia tem como protagonistas três grandes amigas de infância que foram criadas juntas e que se amam como irmãs, apesar de terem personalidades completamente opostas: Margo, Laura e Kate.

A protagonista deste livro é Margo, uma mulher deslumbrante, antiga modelo, que volta para casa após um escândalo que arruinou a sua carreira. Margo conhece Josh desde que se mudou p...more
Alys B. Cohen
This book has a lot to like. The characters are very different and pretty well developed. The setting is one of my favorite places. The main character is flawed and stupid, but changes as she grows up. The relationship between Margo and Josh is believable.

That said, I'm highly dissatisfied with the writing style. In addition to far too many short, snippy sentences that don't flow, the sudden change in points of view is jarring. One moment we are seeing events through Margo's eyes, and the next,...more
Margali
Two irritating, arrogant lead characters -- I guess they deserve each other. I kept reading the trilogy because I liked the secondary characters in this one.
Barks & Bites
Model, Margo Sullivan, is trying to patch her life back together after her career is shattered by a dirty scandal. She heads back home to heal her wounds and to help out an old friend going through an emotionally trying time and falls in love with the friend's brother, an old childhood crush, Josh now a rich playboy and sometimes attorney.

This was the first book by Nora Roberts that I could easily put down. Her beautiful knack for description was there as was her easily readable style but I didn...more
Debbie
After ten years of modeling success, Margo Sullivan found herself in the middle of a career ending scandal and drug charges that she had no connection or knowledge of. The type of person Margo was, she went home to Monterey California. The Templeton house had always been her home, her mum was the housekeeper, Laura Templeton and Kate Powell her best friends now with the world talking about her the only place to run and hide was the Templeton house. The big brother figure of the family, Josh Temp...more
Angela
I like most of Nora Roberts' trilogies. They're fun, entertaining, and romantic. This is probably the 2nd trilogy of hers I'd ever read and it stands up fairly well on re-reads.

Margo has a lot of growing to do. But, while at times she can seem incredibly selfish her loyalty - absolutely and unwavering - is what drew me to her character. And I liked how she took responsibility for her screw-ups and did what everything she could to make something out of the ashes of her life.

Josh was solid and ste...more
Stacy
Set in Monterey, California, this first novel in the Dream trilogy features Margo Sullivan, the feisty and beautiful daughter of a wealthy family's housekeeper. She's been offered the same privileges as the Templeton children, but Margo resents handouts. She feels she has much to prove to herself, her surrogate family, and her mother. Margo dreams big--she wants wealth, fame, and success--but she doesn't want anyone else's help. Her plan is to go as far away from home as possible, so she starts...more
Holly Boyd
Nora Robert's....I so enjoy here books, every one I've listened to has such good dialogue, makes me laugh out loud and then brings me to tears. I love the characters and am always sad when the books come to an end and then the series comes to an end. Luckily she has written so many series I still have many to go. It must be a stage I'm going through that these books are really about as deep as I want to get.
Anita Fleming
First book of the Dream Trilogy and a reread for me. After I got into the book I remembered some of the plot points, but not the whole story, which made it a fun reread. I didn't like Margo at all and her mother, Ann, withheld vital information that could have eased her childhood.

Margo was the Templeton family housekeeper's daughter. She grew up in Monterey, CA with Laura, the Templeton daughter, Kate, an orphaned 2nd cousin, and Josh, scion of the family. Everyone was one big happy family grow...more
Heena Rathore P.
I absolutely loved the book and most of all Margo (the main character). After reading just a few pages, I realised that I’ve already developed a bond with her and the other 2 female leads (Laura and Kate), which will lead me effortlessly and happily through the rest of the series.
Daring To Dream is about Margo’s journey, going though life-changing ups and downs and how she emerges out of everything stronger and more confident than ever. She takes life head-on and faces the worst situations with...more
Victoria
It wasn't my favorite Nora Roberts book, but I didn't mind it.

It started off slow but it picked up once Margo decided to get her life in order. I loved the friendships between Margo, Laura and Kate. Susan and Thomas Templeton were great. So honest, full of love and know when to meddle. It's a big deal IMO to see a parent admit when they did something wrong. Of course I'm talking about Ann and the way she owned up to keeping her life before coming to America so hush hush from her daughter and not...more
Nicole
I am not going to spend a lot of time describing this books. It is Nora Roberts. That plus the Amazon summary should tell you about everything you need to know.

What I am going to focus my review on is Nora Roberts. I am having a really slow reading year; I have read some great books but I have been a little off my game in terms of reading pace. But no matter what, I can breeze through an NR book in no time. I honestly don't know what it is about her books that I absolutely adore, but it is nice...more
Dorothy
Another great book from a much read author. As usual I read and read until I feel
asleep and then got this morning and finished. A great love story of several years
ago and now I want to find the other two of this triolgy. Would recommend to all.
Stacy
It was a slow start due to the introduction of all the characters for the series and their personal quirks but got better in the last half. Can't wait to read the next one!
Up-in
This is book 1 in the Dream series by Nora Roberts. This series revolves around the lives of three longtime friends who grew up in the same house. Margo Sullivan is the housekeepers daughter. Laura Templeton is the heiress and her cousin Kate Powell moved in with the Templeton’s’ as a young child when her parents died. Josh Templeton is Laura’s older brother. The main character, Margo, is a snooty model that gets caught up in a scandal. Josh helps to get her out of this dilemma without her knowi...more
Debbie
This is the Nora Roberts I love, doing what she does best and doing it well.

This is the first book in the Dream Trilogy which tells the story of three 'sisters'. Laura Templeton is the daughter of the wealthy Templeton hotelier family. Kate Powell is Laura's cousin from a lesser branch of the family. When Kate was orphaned at 8 years old, Laura's parents welcomed her into their home and family and she was raised as a sister to Laura and her elder brother Josh. Margo Sullivan is the daughter of t...more
Netha
One of my fave series

buku pertama dari rangkaian cerita 3 sahabat : margo sullivan, kate powell & laura templeton yg dibesarkan bersama dikediaman templeton bersama joshua conway templeton, kakak laki2 laura.

margo sullivan, putri dari pengurus rumah tangga keluarga templeton, dibesarkan layaknya putri kandung keluarga templeton.
sejak kecil margo berjiwa bebas &pemberontak serta cantik melebihi kebaikan dirinya sendiri.
margo bercita2 menjadi kaya & terkenal, hal itulah yg membuatnya p...more
Angela Lynn Holland
Why I read this book: I picked up this book because the cover caught my eye. I have also read a couple of other books by this author and have really enjoyed them.
What I did like: I liked the theme behind this book. Once again we have a series of book by Nora the centers around the close friendship of three friends and we one friend that is the main character in this story, which I enjoy.
What I didn't like: I did not like the way that the main character Margo was such a "flighty" person. It see...more
Amy Mota
Jazzypom
Aug 10, 2008 Jazzypom rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: for those who want an NR trilogy and don't know where to begin
Margo Sullivan slinks back from Europe in disgrace, her career in tatters and her finances desperate. Together, with her friends-as sisters Kate and Laura (who are battling their own emotional issues) they band together and just rally around. The romantic tension is this: Margo comes back and sees her nemesis from childhood - Josh Templeton, Laura's brother, who burns for her since well... forever, not that Margo knows or cares.

Margo Sullivan on paper, is a character I really shouldn't sympathi...more
Hobby

Books “MERAIH IMPIAN”
Judul Asli : DARING TO DREAM
( book 1 of the DREAM TRILOGY )
Copyright © 1996 by Nora Roberts
Penerbit Gramedia Pustaka Utama
Alih Bahasa : Nurkinanti Laraskusuma
Cover by Marcel A.W.
Cetakan I : Agustus 2003 ; 464 hlm
Rate : 3 of 5

California, 1846 : Seraphina adalah gadis cantik menawan yang telah memberikan hati dan jiwanya kepada Felipe – pemuda gagah yang berjuang di garis pertahanan Santa Fe melawan pasukan Amerika yang melakukan invasi ke New Mexico. Namun kini Seraphina tela...more
Gramedia Pustaka Utama
Buku pertama dari Dream Trilogy, dan menurut saya buku yg paling bagus, mungkin gambaran karakter Margo yg flamboyan, membuat buku ini menjadi menarik.
Cerita ini berawal dari Keluarga Templeton yg memiliki sepasang anak, yg laki2 bernama Josh dan yang perempuan bernama Laura. Keluarga ini mengambil Kate yg merupakan sepupu Laura dari sisi ibunya, dan Margo yg merupakan putri housekeeper keluarga ini.
Mereka bertiga didik tanpa perbedaan, dimana Margo selalu beranggan2 menjadi fotomodel,dan ketika...more
Connie
DARING TO DREAM by Nora Roberts is 278 pages long in the 3-in-1 Edition. It is #1 in The Dream Trilogy.

Brief Description:

Margo Sullivan had everything a young woman could ask for. But while growing up along the rocky cliffs of Monterey, she couldn't help but dream of bigger things. The daughter of the Templeton's stern Irish housekeeper, Margo had been treated like a member of the family. Deep down, she knew that money could not buy the one thing she craved most--her mother's acceptance. Maybe t...more
Shana
I started to read this book and realized I had previously read it. I hadn't reviewed it, so decided to finish it and write a review.

This is a fast read, in true Nora Roberts fashion. I really enjoyed it because for the most part it takes place on the Monterey coast in California, which is near where I grew up. I love reading about places I have been to.

Now, the story....it is a story of three best friends, Margo, Laura and Kate. Laura's family owns hotels and resorts with her family name on th...more
Nora Roberts Grou...: Daring To Dream - June Book of the Month 10 32 Jul 08, 2014 12:14PM
isn't fun 3 46 Nov 20, 2012 12:12PM
  • Born in Death (In Death, #23)
  • Summer in Eclipse Bay (Eclipse Bay Trilogy, # 3)
  • The Manning Sisters (Manning Sisters, #1-2)
aka
Jill March
J.D. Robb
Sarah Hardesty

Eleanor Marie Robertson was born on October 10, 1950 in Silver Spring, Maryland, USA. She was the youngest of five children, also the only girl, of a marriage with Irish ancestors. Her family were avid readers, so books were always important in her life. She attended a Catholic school and credits the nuns with instilling in her a sense of discipline. During her...more
More about Nora Roberts...

“Earrings are like orgasms. You can never have too many."
" I never thought about it quite that way."
Well, you're a man. " She gave his knee a friendly pat.”
112 likes
“What do you know about life? " Bitterness ached in her throat. " You were born with everything. You never had to struggle for a single thing you wanted, never had to worry if you'd be accepted or loved or wanted back."
He stared at her, grateful for the moment that she couldn't see that he'd spent nearly half of his life worrying that she, the single thing he wanted, would accept him, love him, and want him back.”
67 likes