Start by marking “Straight Talking - Apa Adanya Saja” as Want to Read:
Straight Talking - Apa Adanya Saja

Straight Talking - Apa Adanya Saja

3.63  ·  Rating Details ·  18,236 Ratings  ·  345 Reviews
Tasha sudah kenyang makan asam garam dunia percintaan abad ke-21. Dia memang tidak mengharapkan kisah cinta ala dongeng putri raja, namun terhanyut dalam haru-biru kisah cinta ala hollywood. Dan dia mengira sedang mencari cinta--- yang penuh gairah menggebu, penuh hasrat menggelora. Dari pelukan satu lelaki ke lelaki lain.Tasha terus mencari tanpa jerih.

Simon---alergi komi
Published 2005 by Gramedia Pustaka Utama (first published 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Straight Talking - Apa Adanya Saja, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Straight Talking - Apa Adanya Saja

Erin
Feb 24, 2008 Erin rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit
This was one of the books I started in the last few weeks. I couldn't commit to any others and wasn't too into this one either. One day I got stuck without anything else to read and ended up just deciding to finish the damn book.

It was no Jemima J, lets put it at that. I hate when you find an author you really like and then find out that you started with their best book. Oh bummer.

I will say that this book has one of the hottest sex scenes ever ever ever. I was flustered at work when I was readi
Janel
Jul 17, 2012 Janel rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book reads like a long, long letter from one of your shallow and promiscuous girlfriends. The narrative includes the reader by asking your opinion once in a while, and addressing the story to you which makes the reading feel like a two way street in a way which is kind of fun and intimate. It's sort of like a sex in the city British style except the characters are less ambitious, less mature and less diversified in their personalities. The main focus of the story is a young 30 year old Engl ...more
Tori S
Jul 02, 2011 Tori S rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit
I'm going to come right out and say that I actually loathed this book. I don't usually get to say this due to not continuing on once I know a book isn't for me. But this was a quick read and I really wanted our lead, Tash, to redeem herself beyond the shallow, vapid character she was in the beginning. But she doesn't. She is looks-obsessed, not only for herself and the gents she is thinking of dating, but she also comments on her friends; in particular one who is dowdy in appearance as an extens ...more
Julie
Jul 08, 2010 Julie rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This is my least favorite Jane Green book to date. I just felt continuously annoyed with the Tasha. What I found most annoying was that the book was written as if she's sitting beside you telling you the story. That drives me insane! "Hang on, the doorbell's ringing." Really, is that necessary? Should I stop reading while you answer the door? Isn't that the purpose of saying hang on? "You may as well join us," (umm, ok thanks for the permission to keep reading) "sit down, kick your shoes off," ( ...more
Shannon Berry
Oct 07, 2010 Shannon Berry rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
They say not to judge a book by its cover, however, the content of this book is true to its title: STRAIGHT TALKING. This book is perfect for ANY WOMAN, especially a single woman, who is going through the motions of relationships. Whether good or bad motions, Straight Talking covers every spectrum of emotions of what women deal with when dealing with men.

The main character, Annastasia aka: Tasha, is so relatable and real, it's like you've known her all your life. Her struggles and situations, a
Jodi
Jul 26, 2008 Jodi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book. It's about relationships and how the main character realizes that she falls in love with her best friend when it is too late and she comes close to ruining their relationship. The ending wasn't as detailed as I wanted it to be and was left open for your imagination. Overall, I really enjoyed the book.
Min
Aug 16, 2008 Min rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
How I love Jane Green. Excellent Brit chick-lit, and close second behind Marian Keyes.

As chick lit is wont to be, this has a predictable ending... until the predictable ending gets a little unpredictable.

I love that the ending isn't... well, typical of a chick lit book.
Heather
Aug 05, 2008 Heather rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book! Be prepared to be surprised/shocked in the first 50 pages with just how 'straight' Jane Green is with her readers. A bit into it...this way of talking to the the reader will grow on you and then you'll quite enjoy the fact that you really get to be inside this girls head...finding out just what she's thinking and most of the time you'll probably relate. It's just all of those things you think about but never really put into words or don't have the guts to say aloud...

My favorite
Allyson
Apr 16, 2012 Allyson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a very quick, fun read. It broke all the rules. I hate first person, loved the narrator. I hate when the narrator speaks directly to the reader ("Hey reader, what do you think?") but it worked in this book. It's not a masterpiece, by any means, but if you're looking for a simple, fun book, this is a good choice. Jane Green is a hit or miss with me. When she tries to be too serious, or pull too hard at the heart, it doesn't work (The Beach House). But when she lets her quirky characters ...more
Becky
Feb 07, 2016 Becky rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Characters are very shallow, no relationships develop, you just don't care about any of them. Story of Tasha, she just needs to quit whining and get on with it. It's clear she's stuck and wants a relationship, but in reading the novel you just get so tired of the shallowness. I thought it was going to be a story of woman friendship, but other than an occasional lunch, the friends don't appear at all.
Carol
Apr 23, 2007 Carol rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is purely beach-reading. Not a lot of thought, not a lot of surprises in the plot, but a switch-off, relaxing and possibly even mindless sort of girlie book. I have a weakness for these types of books and after reading some legit types of literature, I turn to them for a break.
Jennesa
Jan 16, 2017 Jennesa rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I had to force myself to finish this book. I wanted to throw in the towel very early, but I wanted to finish. I was just not a fan of the main character Tasha. She just drove me crazy!
Caprice
Dec 09, 2015 Caprice rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Sharon Metcalf
Nov 18, 2015 Sharon Metcalf rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014-2015
Again, I couldn't seem to put this book down. 468 pages done and dusted in the space of an afternoon/evening. Her writing style was different this time around, the main character speaking to the reader as if they were having a conversation. This was a book about four friends in their early 30's but who are all in different types of relationships. The main character Tasha (Anastasia) has a series of relationships and flings but can never seem to find the one. She has a true friendship with Adam, ...more
Shannon
Jul 06, 2009 Shannon rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chic-lit
because its Jane Green and she writes about everything her characters are thinking and over thinking I really enjoyed it. I was not crazy about the main character but would have kept her as my friend just would have been more like Mel is all. could not believe how many comments i got about the cover, seriously now its not that oooo, but then learned they were questioning the title, like straight as opposed to gay, what are you reading? and im like straight like to the point duh! they say it as i ...more
Love Fool
The bestselling first novel that launched Jane Green, one of the brightest stars in contemporary women’s fiction, Straight Talking sets the record straight regarding the real world of dating, and follows the adventures of Tash and her friends as they search for fulfillment and the right kind of love. Funny, flirty, and ultimately tender, Straight Talking gets at the heart of modern romance.

I really wanted to like this more. It sounds like my kind of book, ladies dating and having a hard time fin
Raquel
Feb 14, 2011 Raquel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I normally jude a book by its cover, and yes i do mean an actal book cover. When i read the reviews to this book I thought to myself, "How will I ever like it?" Well I LOVED it!! If you are in your mid to late 20's and single, this is the book for you. I could not stop laughing! the characters are so on point and the story lines eminate reality. jane Green did not hold anything back. This book was one of my favorite books. So lesson is, don't go by the cover of the book, or by what people say. g ...more
Jacqueline
Sep 19, 2011 Jacqueline rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
i didnt like it,i didnt like the way that it was written,i found the talking straight to the reader format embarassing to be honest, and i really disliked tash. the only reason i finished it was out of pure boredom,i found tash so whiny and annoying,and extremely self-centred - i know it wouldnt be realistic if the lead of every book was perfect but i found it impossible to find one thing i liked about her!
Maria (Ri)
Jan 15, 2011 Maria (Ri) rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am really glad that I finally decided to read this one. Oh, Jane Green! I just wanted to shake Tasha so many times in the story, but at the same time I was really pulling for her. This made me think a lot about my relationship with my husband. Passion, comfortability, friendship... Great read all around.
Lynne M
Jun 07, 2017 Lynne M rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Have you ever read a book where you absolutely hated the main character, who was also the narrator? Well I never had, until I read "Straight Talking." Tasha is one of the most arrogant, self-centered, and utterly worthless female narrators in history.

She is horrible to her friends, nasty to her co-workers, talks about how unattractive her friends are compared to her "oh-so-stunning" self, and whines about her daddy issues. And she wonders why her relationships don't work out??? Hello- you are t
Els
Jun 01, 2017 Els rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I like to read these books for a little light reading and was pleasently surprised by this book. While still being a chick-lit, there were a couple of really interesting parts about how people work and think. I look forward to reading more books by Jane Green.
Candice Klemme
I couldn't get into this book. I didn't even get half way through it and decided I just didn't want to waste my time. Just not for me.
Brit Tatum
I thought this book was pretty good. But the ending felt very rushed and lacked detail. Anyhow, I thought the characters were... interesting, but the one thing that annoyed me just a bit throughout the whole book was the main character. She's such a slut. Sorry, but it had to be said.
Overall, I enjoyed the book. It was a good read. But not the best.
Michele
Feb 20, 2017 Michele rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My first book by this author....wasn't really in the mood for chick lit, almost bailed on it....but once I got used to the rather random, choppy writing style I enjoyed it. Since the entire book is more of a retrospective of every bad date/relationship interspersed with "in the now" moments, it did seem choppy, but it worked. Not in love with it, but like I said, chick lit wasn't my genre of choice. Before I read the next one, I'm going to read the 3 Carolyn Hart cozy mysteries I really wanted t ...more
Robin
Jan 27, 2013 Robin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Tasha, the heroine of the story, who also narrates directly to us, the readers, is a very messed up woman who's definition of the perfect relationship is skewed. She goes from one hot passionate relationship to the next, never understanding why it all goes belly up. Her most recent serious relationship was with Simon, who she still desperately misses and wants back. Fortunately, she's in therapy, trying to learn to deal with her issues. In the meantime, she shares with us her life.

Tasha is the
Meghan
Feb 11, 2017 Meghan rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I spent most of this book shaking my head at how obviously stupid the main character was (to her credit she was pretty self-aware of this at time), but as a fun, light read this book served its purpose. While I did not enjoy this story as much as some others by Jane Green (Bookends still holds that top spot for me) I think this was one of her better novels. My one complaint is perhaps more with the publishers, than with the author, and that is the misleading summary. Based on the description, I ...more
Pastyl
Mar 08, 2016 Pastyl rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Margaret
Jan 08, 2014 Margaret rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This wasn't the Jane Green that usually makes me laugh out loud although there were some moments where I smiled to myself.

Tasha is 30, single and looking for the right one, but the passion must be there. She's loved 'em and left 'em and she's had some love her and leave her as well. But now Tasha knows she has found THE ONE in Andrew. Well, he was THE ONE until he left her. Another one bites the dust and Tasha is not handling it well.

Tasha tells the reader her story in a very matter-of-fact way;
Ria
Mar 07, 2016 Ria rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Tasha is part of a group of friends, all are searching for Mr. Right or even believe they have already FOUND Mr. Right but sometimes Mr. Right can be right under your nose without even realising it.
Emma is with Richard whom she loves to pieces but he won't even consider the M word and its Emma's dearest wish to become that blushing bride and cement their relationship.
Mel is in a relationship with Daniel but she is none to happy, has no self confidence and Daniel delights in making her feel small
andidandy19
I think a novel's strength is how relatable the characters/set/plot are; moreover, wit and candidness of the dialogues and narratives would reflect the author's creativity and uniqueness. I started reading Jane Green's Babies cos of 'Jemima J.' being that I could see myself in the scene, and I loved Green for that. However, 'Straight Talking' lacked the charisma 'Jemima J.' has brought into the table. I am not comparing the two in terms of storyline and other details, but on the 'magic' a novel ...more
  • Fishbowl
  • A Promising Man (and About Time, Too)
  • Being Committed
  • American Girls about Town
  • Name & Address Withheld
  • Perfect Partners: Mr Maybe & Jemima J
  • Trials of Tiffany Trott
  • The Solomon Sisters Wise Up (Red Dress Ink Novels)
  • Spin Cycle
  • Catching Alice
  • Thirtynothing
  • Alphabet Weekends
  • The Ex Files
  • For Better, for Worse
  •  Angels (Walsh Family, #3)
  • Hit Reply
Jane Green's eighteenth novel, Falling, is soon to be released with Berkley/Penguin; she is the author of sixteen previous New York Times Bestselling novels, and known as one of the world's leading authors in women's fiction, with over ten million books in print, and translations in over 25 languages.

Previous novels have included The Beach House, Second Chance, Jemima J, and Tempting Fate.

She joi
More about Jane Green...

“That's how it is with relationships, it's a part of life, and all the great love songs and poems and films have been written by people who were standing where I was that morning as Simon shut the door. Doesn't make it any easier though. ” 67 likes
“Sometimes I think it’s me. I think I must be doing something wrong, giving out subliminal messages so they can smell the desperation, read the neon lights on my forehead . . . “KEEP AWAY FROM THIS WOMAN, SHE IS LOOKING FOR COMMITMENT,” but most of the time I think it’s them. Bastards. All of them.” 7 likes