Start by marking “Talk Peace” as Want to Read:
Talk Peace

Talk Peace

3.15  ·  Rating Details  ·  20 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
Illustrations and an easy-to-read text call for all people of the world, wherever they are and whatever they are doing, to talk peace. This inventive and playful book is an inspiring celebration of human possibility.
Published January 1st 2005 by Holiday House

To ask other readers questions about Talk Peace, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Talk Peace

Stef Rozitis
Sep 26, 2015 Stef Rozitis rated it really liked it
Shelves: early-childhood
The intent of this book is beautiful as is the presentation and pictures. The text rhymes and contains opposites and word-pictures to very quickly and simply give a message of tolerance, understanding and diversity. For me the text was even over-simple and I was torn about the "Look at race/in the face" phrase, although I think it is true that we can only deconstruct prejudice by being honest and upfront about it, the use of the word "race" in such an oversimplified context seems to me to be pro ...more
Tim
Aug 13, 2008 Tim rated it liked it
Recommended to Tim by: JK
Simple, yet powerful international book that teaches the concept of peace. The characters demonstrate how to talk in peaceful ways around the community. I read a review from School Library Journal on titlewave saying that with V. Radunsky and Todd Parr's books about peace, that this book may not be worth adding to a collection. I say that it should be part of a collection and theme promoting peace among children. It describes peace in simple terms. Concepts such as Peace are sometimes abstract f ...more
Slaa!!!
Jan 22, 2016 Slaa!!! rated it it was amazing
Love this so much!!
Dolly
May 21, 2011 Dolly rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
This book has a very nice premise and I really wanted to like it. But the poem only sort of rhymes (I personally think it should either rhyme or not, but not a mixture of both) And while the narrative is somewhat lyrical, it's not very engaging. Once again, it's a nice idea, it just wasn't executed as well as it could've been.
Jpickering
Dec 05, 2012 Jpickering rated it liked it
This book is great, I think, for expressing to all how to treat all people with respect and to talk kindly to one another. Whether you are an animal, human, or plant you should always talk kindly. I think the book provides a positive message to young readers.
Ruth Ann
Meet children and animals from around the world as the author encourages us to understand foreign lands and look "race in the face." A book that appeals to the humanity in all of us, no matter our size, location, or dress.
Christine Turner
Jan 06, 2011 Christine Turner rated it liked it
Shelves: peace-education
Illustrations and easy-to-read text call for all people of the world, wherever they are and whatever they are doing, to talk peace. www.hcpl.net

This book would work will in Montessori.
Danielle
Dec 21, 2013 Danielle rated it did not like it
I am all for peace, but this book in no way talks about what peace is or how to talk about it. This book is just a platitude.
Michelle Nero
Sep 02, 2013 Michelle Nero rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Love the premise of the book, but I thought it failed to deliver with a bigger punch!
Jessica Bearden
Dec 06, 2012 Jessica Bearden rated it liked it
It was okay. It talked about being nice to people but it wasn't great.
Craig Ranallo
Craig Ranallo rated it liked it
Jan 16, 2016
Jessie Martin
Jessie Martin is currently reading it
Sep 23, 2015
Caroline
Caroline rated it it was ok
Jul 20, 2015
Emma
Emma marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2015
Nancy Pants
Nancy Pants rated it liked it
Nov 25, 2014
Andi
Andi marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2014
Nikki Fox
Nikki Fox rated it it was ok
Feb 17, 2014
Tiffany
Tiffany rated it did not like it
Jan 30, 2014
Sarah rated it liked it
Feb 22, 2013
Lindsay
Lindsay marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2012
Kara
Kara rated it it was amazing
Mar 02, 2012
Kristin
Kristin rated it really liked it
Jan 29, 2012
Shaheera
Shaheera marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2011
Crystal White
Crystal White marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2010