Start by marking “The Fake Heir (Nancy Drew: Girl Detective Graphic Novels #5)” as Want to Read:
The Fake Heir (Nancy Drew: Girl Detective Graphic Novels #5)

The Fake Heir (Nancy Drew: Girl Detective Graphic Novels #5)

Nancy, along with Bess and George, find the wreck of an old yacht with a safe inside full of jewelry worth a small fortune. Cousins of the Druthers, who are clients of Nancy's dad Carson Drew, owned the yacht. Their will leaves everything to Mr. Druthers, specifically excluding his spouse, (whom the cousins hated), but no one's seen him for ten years and the rumor is that

Published April 18th 2006 by Papercutz

To ask other readers questions about The Fake Heir, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Fake Heir

A
Nov 10, 2008 A rated it it was ok
Appropriate for ages 9-12

An updated Nancy Drew mystery for graphic novel fans or reluctant readers.

Having gone through a phase of reading Nancy Drew mysteries in the 70's, when Nancy had a shoulder-length bob with an upward flip and drove a roadster, I was curious to see what had changed. This graphic novel, which carries the Nancy Drew trademark but is authored by Stefan Petrucha (maybe "Carolyn Keene" didn't want to take responsibility for it),features Nancy Drew with flat-ironed hair, who res
Emily Warner
Jun 20, 2010 Emily Warner rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
This graphic novel would be great for someone who either loves Nancy Drew stories or mysteries. Graphic novels are not usually a format I love, but I did enjoy this story. It is about how Nancy Drew finds a wreck of an old yacht. In the wreck, she discovers a safe filled with expensive jewelry and tries to figure out who it really belongs to.
Megan Nebeker
Apr 25, 2012 Megan Nebeker rated it liked it
Shelves: young-adult-lit
Nancy drew comes into the 21st century with a cell phone, hybrid car, and sassy attitude. This case begins when Nancy and her friends come across a boat that had been missing for years. The supposedly missing owner mysteriously shows up to claim the contents of the safe that was on board, but Nancy is suspicious. She spends a few days tailing Mrs. Druthers to find out who the true heir is.

I was not super impressed with this book. All the characters were kind of shallow. She has a ditzy bonde fri
Sarah Crawford
Jan 18, 2016 Sarah Crawford rated it really liked it
Nancy and her friends are out in a boat on a lake. The lake disappears into a sinkhole and the boat ends up stranded in mud. This allows them, though, to see a boat that had been sunk and this leads into the mystery. They find a treasure on the boat. Mr. Drew checks on the boats owners to determine who the treasure belongs to now since the owners actually died in the sinking.

An old woman claims that the she is the relative that is supposed to get the treasure. The woman is very nasty, though, a
Victoria Salzmann
Dec 09, 2013 Victoria Salzmann rated it liked it
Shelves: eng216, graphic-novel
This graphic novel is designed for an upper elementary school read. It is good for children because it teaches them the importance of being prepared. Nancy Drew always gets in trouble because her car won't start or because she forgot to charge her phone. Therefore, this book teaches children to be aware of their surroundings and take the necessary precautions when leaving the house. In this book, Nancy Drew has to find the heir to a large amount of expensive jewels that she found and investigate ...more
Liban
Nov 09, 2015 Liban rated it liked it
In the book Nancy Drew: The Fake Heir. Nancy Drew, a teenage girl detective, and her two friends find a yacht in the middle of the ocean and it has jewerly in it. They later remebered that this was the boat that a rich man and his spouse had. So they go and investigate why it's there. They find out that they both died in a boat accident. But they later find out that their is a man that is acting like Mr. Druthers. So they later find out that it's actually Mr. Druthers that was pretending like ...more
Simon
Nov 28, 2011 Simon rated it liked it
This book was a great surprise to learn about and see that Nancy Drew was carrying on as a graphic novel now. While I wasn't too keen on the art style, I still sucked it up and enjoyed it. The story was good, but Nancy was a bonehead! She was so absent minded and forgetful, this was nothing like the real Nancy Drew in the main series. I was disappointed about that, but it was still a fun read.
One other thing I am wondering about is where the heck is Helen Corning? Nancy seems to only be hanging
Amanda
This Nancy Drew book reads very much like a Scooby Doo mystery. A meddling kid that follows who she believes to be the suspect and is caught on to a couple times by the "suspect". She apologizes because she was wrong for interfering, and is even caught up into the suspects scheme, but luckily she is able to escape the suspect thanks to her father having taught her morse code as a child. He comes back and saves her in time so that she can solve the mystery! Once again a bit of a let down in terms ...more
Hannah O'Connell
May 27, 2016 Hannah O'Connell rated it it was ok
The main character in this book is Nancy Drew she is a smart young women who likes to solve mysteries. I gave it 3 stars only because the book was a little to predictable and was not as good as I thought it would be. This book was all about Nancy finding a sunken ship that had been lost for years now but now Nancy is curious that the supposed heir to these jewels is the real heir. The ending in this book was okay I wish it had been better but all together it had a good ending.
Raja99
Aug 03, 2009 Raja99 rated it liked it
Shelves: mcpl
Yet another fun Nancy Drew graphic novel. Unfortunately I found the mystery very easy to solve, and was waiting for Nancy Drew to catch up; I guess she didn't have the advantage of knowing the title of the book ;-). It was still enjoyable, and I liked her interactions with her clearly delineated friends--who I can tell apart more easily than the Hardy Brothers :-P .

(Finished 2009-08-03 0:12 EDT.)
Jessi
Short, so short. But true to the Nancy Drew literature, well, mostly. Nancy, Bess, and George are boating when the lake suddenly disappears revealing a sunken wreck which has some valuable jewels on it. While trying to find the heirs to the fabulous fortune, Nancy becomes suspicious about the woman who shows up to claim the items. Could she have murdered the original owners, and then her husband in order to claim the inheritance?
Shonda
Mar 06, 2010 Shonda rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2010
A missing safe full of jewels has just been found. When the heir of the fortune isn’t able to claim the jewels, his wife seeks Carson Drew’s help with gaining access to her husband’s family fortune. But something doesn’t seem right to Nancy. Where is Mr. Druthers? And what secret is Mrs. Druthers hiding?

When Mr. Druthers magically appears to claim his inheritance, Nancy is certain her hunches are right. Can she solve the mystery before she finds herself in danger?
Eric Wood
Jan 17, 2015 Eric Wood rated it liked it
I don't usually read comic books and this was the first time reading one so it was a bit hard to keep up with the story. The artwork was ok but in some parts it wasn't that good. However the story was very interesting and engaging. It kept me guessing and,despite the not so great artwork,i really liked it!
Cindy
Jul 19, 2012 Cindy rated it liked it
I liked the story line of this graphic novel, but what I didn't like was the graphic's. If for not the graphic's lacking I would have given a four stars. My daughter wanted me to read this book. Good tween book series.
Kaz
Oct 11, 2013 Kaz rated it really liked it
Erin F. Francis
Erin F. Francis rated it did not like it
Oct 01, 2016
Faith
Faith rated it really liked it
Apr 18, 2015
Aliya
Aliya rated it really liked it
Nov 07, 2014
Sarah Smith
Sarah Smith rated it really liked it
Feb 21, 2016
Jessica Nye
Jessica Nye rated it it was amazing
Oct 30, 2015
Cailin Ratten
Cailin Ratten rated it liked it
May 28, 2010
Hannah
Hannah rated it it was amazing
May 08, 2016
Lara Joy
Oct 04, 2014 Lara Joy rated it really liked it
"Thanks for the help of the spider bite."

That is all I have to say.
Sunnyolaf
Sunnyolaf rated it really liked it
Mar 17, 2013
Alejandra
Alejandra rated it really liked it
Nov 25, 2014
Rebecca
Jan 18, 2013 Rebecca rated it liked it
Fun quick reads - quite reminiscent of the novels
Natalie
Natalie rated it it was amazing
Aug 04, 2015
Angelique
Angelique rated it liked it
Aug 19, 2010
Joti
Joti rated it really liked it
Oct 22, 2011
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • The Hardy Boys: Undercover Brothers, #4: Malled
  • Model Crime (Nancy Drew: Girl Detective, #36; Model Mystery Trilogy, #1)
  • The Mystery of the Gold Coin
Stefan Petrucha (born January 27, 1959) is an American writer for adults and young adults. He has written graphic novels in the The X-Files and Nancy Drew series, as well as science fiction and horror.
Born in the Bronx, he has spent time in the big city and the suburbs, and now lives in western Massachusetts with his wife, fellow writer Sarah Kinney, and their daughters. At times he has been a tec
More about Stefan Petrucha...

Nancy Drew: Girl Detective Graphic Novels (1 - 10 of 21 books)
  • The Demon of River Heights (Nancy Drew: Girl Detective Graphic Novels, #1)
  • Writ in Stone (Nancy Drew: Girl Detective Graphic Novels, #2)
  • The Haunted Dollhouse (Nancy Drew: Girl Detective Graphic Novels, #3)
  • The Girl Who Wasn't There (Nancy Drew: Girl Detective Graphic Novels, #4)
  • Mr. Cheeters Is Missing (Nancy Drew: Girl Detective Graphic Novels, #6)
  • The Charmed Bracelet (Nancy Drew: Girl Detective Graphic Novels, #7)
  • Global Warning (Nancy Drew: Girl Detective Graphic Novels, #8)
  • Ghost in the Machinery (Nancy Drew: Girl Detective Graphic Novels, #9)
  • The Disoriented Express (Nancy Drew: Girl Detective Graphic Novels, #10)
  • Monkey-Wrench Blues (Nancy Drew: Girl Detective Graphic Novels, #11)