Doggone Town (Nancy Drew Girl Detective: Graphic Novels, #13)

Doggone Town (Nancy Drew: Girl Detective Graphic Novels #13)

3.7 of 5 stars 3.70  ·  rating details  ·  105 ratings  ·  11 reviews

Published May 27th 2008 by Papercutz

To ask other readers questions about Doggone Town, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Doggone Town

Lara's
Nov 21, 2008 Lara's rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: children 7-9 years old.
Shelves: graphic-novels
Synopsis : When Nancy Drew and Ned Nickerson attempt to return a lost dog named “Togo” to its owner in the small town of Nevershare, they stumble onto a much bigger mystery—where did all the people go? The entire population of Nevershare is missing, except for one person, and she’s mean and not very helpful. Will Nancy solve this mystery before she and Ned also disappear?
Review : Graphics are wonderful, storyline is o.k. which is kind of what I expected. This was my very first Nancy Drew story s...more
Yuemei
again it was okay...I've been a big fun of nancy drew since i was young and still am now, no wonder i never stop playing "the nancy drew pc games" all of it! never missed a single game! anyway i understand that they made this for kids, still i just like the old version.
Annthelibrarian
The series brings the world’s most famous girl detective, Nancy Drew, into the graphic novel format. In this story a lost dog leads Nancy and her boyfriend Ned to the small town of Nevershare, but why are all its citizens gone except for Ms. Byra Tussle, the dog Togo’s owner? If she is his owner, why does she get his name wrong? Then again, why does Togo seem afraid of Byra? With Nancy Drew on the case you can bet the mysteries get solved! 13th in the series.
I read this for a graphic novel genre...more
Jodi Smedley
Doggone Town is a graphic novel based on the Nancy Drew series by Carolyn Keene. In this mystery, Nancy finds a missing dog. As she and her boyfriend, Ned, return the dog, the discover an ornery lady and an entire missing town. Together, they find the missing people and discover the truth behind this mean lady.

Especially after reading American Born Chinese, this graphic novel felt really young. I read a Nancy Drew book or two when I was in middle school, so I thought I'd give this a try. The pic...more
Mckinley
Didn't know they had started making these into a comic series. But upon reflection it makes sense.

E brought some home and I read them. Ok. But I like the books better. She liked the action agent part a bit more than the Nancy Drew sort of silly mysteries. Overall she likes the combo Drew-Hardy comics best.
Sara ♥
I read this because WOW, I just had to see what the graphic novel of Nancy Drew was like. Overall, it was a cute little story about a dog that ends up in Nancy's room during a storm and the mystery Nancy encounters while trying to track down the dog's owner... My thoughts?

Pros:
* Nancy was actually strawberry blonde again!
* Ned & Bess were SUPER cute
* Brings Nancy Drew to a whole new audience

Cons:
* The storyline was WAAAAY too simple. No misdirection or anything—it was OBVIOUS who the bad guy...more
Simon
Funny how I'm reviewing book #13 first, but that is where I started and whatever, I'll review the previous twelve when I get time. I find these graphic novels to completely take away from the real Nancy Drew.

This plot was twisted yes and it left me guessing, but I don't understand how people could be so gulibale and stupid. And that dog was driving me nuts with it's habit of latching on to faces, I would have beat that thing silly, it wasn't even drawn to look cute, just plain.

I liked the twist...more
Shonda
Nancy finds a lost dog. She convinces Ned to travel with her to return the dog to his owners. When they arrive, the town is deserted. Where is everyone? Nancy and Ned meet a strange, old woman. As Nancy tries to learn more information about the town and its missing people, Nancy soon realizes this woman is not going to help. In fact, she’s rather. . .mean! Can Ned and Nancy discover the mystery behind the town?
Kat
I liked the Nancy Drew series and like the graphic novel idea. It was quicker to read but wasn't like the original. It had the same characters and the plot was the same. The artist was good and there were some pretty weird pictures. I liked the graphic novel better than the original. I am going to read more of the series.
Raja99
Sep 09, 2009 Raja99 rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: mcpl
This is yet another light-hearted and fast-paced Nancy Drew graphic novel. The mystery is quite strange but turns out to be fair, and Nancy gets to interact with a friendly dog.

(Finished 2009-09-09 13:02:40 EDT)
Theresa Williams
Theresa Williams marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2014
Natalie
Natalie marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2014
Wyonna Rebello
Wyonna Rebello marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2014
Alexandre Pereira
Alexandre Pereira marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2014
Jollypop
Jollypop marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2014
Alessia
Alessia marked it as to-read
May 18, 2014
Rachel
Rachel marked it as to-read
May 10, 2014
Linda Nieves Pérez
Linda Nieves Pérez marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2014
Emily Chandler
Emily Chandler marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2014
Dana Haebler-nemeth
Dana Haebler-nemeth marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Stefan Petrucha (born January 27, 1959) is an American writer for adults and young adults. He has written graphic novels in the The X-Files and Nancy Drew series, as well as science fiction and horror.
Born in the Bronx, he has spent time in the big city and the suburbs, and now lives in western Massachusetts with his wife, fellow writer Sarah Kinney, and their daughters. At times he has been a tec...more
More about Stefan Petrucha...
Ripper Teen, Inc. The Demon of River Heights (Nancy Drew: Girl Detective Graphic Novels, #1) The Haunted Dollhouse (Nancy Drew: Girl Detective Graphic Novels, #3) Writ in Stone (Nancy Drew: Girl Detective Graphic Novels, #2)