Start by marking “The Christmas Adventure of Space Elf Sam” as Want to Read:
The Christmas Adventure of Space Elf Sam

The Christmas Adventure of Space Elf Sam

Santa delivers Christmas presents to children everywhere, but when Earth families begin to live on distant planets, Santa needs help. That's why Santa builds the Space Elf Christmas Academy -- where elves like Sam are trained to fly spaceships. This is the story of Sam's first adventure -- a warm and engaging Christmas tale for the whole family.
Published October 1st 1998 by Scholastic (first published 1998)

To ask other readers questions about The Christmas Adventure of Space Elf Sam, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Christmas Adventure of Space Elf Sam

Kristy Sikora
Nov 07, 2010 Kristy Sikora rated it did not like it
Shelves: science-fiction
Published: 1998

Summary:
This book was not of interest to me because science fiction isn't something I ever enjoy reading. I chose this book to read for this genre because I love Christmas books.
Santa establishes the Space Elf Christmas Academy to train elves to deliver gifts to once-Earthlings who have moved to different planets. Space Elf Sam lands on the undiscovered planet of Gom, and he isn't received well by the aliens who live there. After being captured and the presents taken, he learns a
The Brothers
Jan 22, 2016 The Brothers rated it it was ok
In a future world, Santa has to contend with the human race being on distant space colonies. A few days before Christmas he receives wish lists form children on Alpha One and sends Sam, his latest space elf cadet, to fill the order. Everything goes wrong for Sam, but even in the chaos of crash landing and being taken captive by aliens, he manages to teach them the true meaning of the Christmas spirit.

Illustrations are really rather creepy.
Pam
Dec 28, 2014 Pam rated it really liked it
I admit I am a Star Trek fanatic so I guess I would be expected to enjoy this book. Audrey Wood's story is unique, there is a great moral to the story so what is there not to like. Bruce Robert Wood's illustrations are colorful and fun! A good book that children should enjoy and which would be great to see future sequels by Audrey Wood.
Mrs.Capuano
This book is inventive and fun, but takes a really long time to read and isn't a fantastic read-aloud.
Little John
Dec 09, 2015 Little John rated it it was amazing
"Great. I loved it, but the Gom's Santa was a little different from ours. My favourite part was going deeper into the ground with Space Elf Sam."
Jillyholdy
Dec 20, 2009 Jillyholdy rated it it was amazing
Jillian demanded a 5-star rating because we're doing the 'Elf Shelf' this Xmas, and she is on an elf-tear right now.
Uriah
Dec 07, 2010 Uriah rated it it was ok
Shelves: kids, christmas
An okay book. Space Elf Sam teaches another planet about Christmas traditions (not the meaning of it). Some of the story bothered me but an enjoyable one time read.
Crystal
Crystal rated it really liked it
Dec 13, 2011
Kelliperrell Yahoocom
Kelliperrell Yahoocom rated it really liked it
Dec 02, 2015
Sarah Henderson
Sarah Henderson rated it really liked it
Jun 23, 2012
Marianne
Marianne rated it it was ok
Jun 29, 2008
Julie
Julie rated it it was ok
Dec 11, 2012
Jayden Mahoney
Jayden Mahoney rated it really liked it
May 30, 2016
Candi Staten
Candi Staten rated it it was amazing
Dec 31, 2016
Rochelle
Rochelle rated it liked it
May 08, 2015
Shelli
Shelli rated it it was ok
Mar 26, 2008
Laura Z
Laura Z rated it liked it
Feb 25, 2012
Michele
Michele rated it it was amazing
May 28, 2013
Lillie
Lillie rated it it was amazing
Dec 09, 2010
Angi Turner
Angi Turner rated it it was ok
Oct 20, 2015
Michael
Michael rated it liked it
Dec 22, 2016
Darin
Darin rated it really liked it
Dec 08, 2014
Heather
Heather rated it really liked it
Aug 04, 2015
Natalie O
Natalie O rated it did not like it
Jan 12, 2014
Leah
Jun 23, 2016 Leah marked it as children-s-books
Was more adult humor than child humor.
Kit Umscheid
Kit Umscheid marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2011
Angelo
Angelo added it
Dec 29, 2012
Alicia Ard
Alicia Ard marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2013
Ali
Ali marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2013
C
C added it
Sep 08, 2013
Lauren
Lauren marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2013
Allison
Allison marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2013
Gabby
Gabby added it
Dec 01, 2013
Aiyah
Aiyah marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2015
Lori Posten
Lori Posten marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2016
Laura added it
Sep 05, 2016
Carol Krueger
Carol Krueger marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2016
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2016
Audrey Wood studied art and drama at the Arkansas Art Center in Little Rock, Arkansas. She has owned an operated a book and import store, taught chldren's drama and art, and traveled throughout Mexico and Guatemala studying Indian folk art. She now lives in Hawaii with her talented family (husband Don and son Bruce, who have both collaborated with Audrey by illustrating some of her books).
More about Audrey Wood...