Going Down

Going Down

3.21 of 5 stars 3.21  ·  rating details  ·  47 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Giving Up Control. . .

Successful bondage model Saree McKeon sometimes wonders what it would be like to turn her job into the real thing. Yet she never dreams that she'll soon get the opportunity to live out her wildest fantasies. . .

Only Leads To. . .

When the body of a bondage mistress is found dead, Reeve Robinson learns she was the property of The Slavers, a criminal

Published July 1st 2008 by Aphrodisia (first published January 1st 2008)

Jen
Oct 17, 2008 Jen rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: blah
Well what a bizarre book. If you want to read it make sure you are REALLY into BDSM. I thought I was into it, but then this book kind of took it to a different level. This chick was totally into the pain part. I think I am at a loss as to what else to say about it.

Ok, if you have read Wicked Ties- the BDSM in this book makes that one look like a trip to the playground.
Marion
Jun 24, 2008 Marion rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: loaned to D
Bondage model Saree McKeon agrees to have dinner with Reeve Robinson on his yacht. What Saree does not know is that Reeve works for an underground justice organization that is trying to infiltrate an exclusive club named the Slavers. The members of this club kidnap young women and train them to be their slaves.
Reeve drugs Saree and kidnaps her with the intent of training her to get admission into the club. Saree enjoys some of the bondage and dominance aspect, however she does not go down withou...more
ElaineY
I think this book has finally ended any interest I had in BDSM - which wasn't much to begin with. I'm still conservative enough that I find it hard to warm up to a romance heroine who is the star of bondage videos showing her in various sex acts with an assortment of men and toys, including a hook up her ass.

There's also a lot of activity in the sex between Reeve and Saree for very little eroticism. Reeve was promising at the start but he didn't deliver in the end as a hero in an erotic suspens...more
Shawna
I agree with Jen’s review on this one. I don’t mind a good BDSM story if it’s well-developed and believable, like Wicked Ties and Wicked for example, but this book is pretty heavy on the SM side. I just couldn’t get into the story or characters at all, and I wasn’t able to finish it.

Cindy
I don't know how to rate this book - it was well written but I didn't like it so I'll compromise and call it a 3.

Intense and disturbing read. It's Vonna Harper so you know there's going to be bondage style sex but you also know that the sex normally serves the plot [and yes, there is one:]. And it does here also.

Our hero, Reeve Robinson, is part of a vigilante organization known as The Clan. They are after the Slavers, who take young women, turn them into slaves, and use them how they want - in...more
Rene Hurt
It was filled with twist and turns. I hoped that Saree get help from the physiological damage that was done to her.
Fay Ann Hollcroft
Took me sooooo long to read this book. Basically due to the nature if the story. I started out with rating this book at 1.5-2. I finally decided to go with 3 due to the fact of the rescuing factor. That was the only thing keeping me reading the book. I whole heatedly DO NOT AGREE WITH ANY TYPE OF SLAVERY, ESPECIALLY SEX SLAVERY!! I also hate how this book ended, it left things undone. There needed to be an epilogue for closure.
Cheap and Lazy
Good Vonna Harper BDSM Erotica. Great premise, nice romantic development and a number of hot scenes. I do think just a bit more could have been done with the premise (which seems far-fetched but was well-sold). All in all, a satisfying read.
Gee
Absolutely one of the worst "romance" novels I've ever read. There is no love, no HEA, nor even common courtesy in this horrible story.
Annick Drouin
Sad, disturbing, disgusting. I was looking forward to the end of this book... Not a good thing...
Claudia
Yikes... quite cringe-worthy. I don't think i'll read another book like this.
Linda
A very intense read!
Sarah marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2014
Chris
Chris added it
Mar 10, 2014
Renee
Renee marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2014
Natalie
Natalie marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2014
Veronica Bates
Veronica Bates marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2014
Diana
Diana marked it as to-read
Oct 25, 2013
Dee
Dee added it
Oct 25, 2013
Jshock
Jshock marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Under her "real" name, Vonna Harper has published more fiction than she can keep track of . These include category romances for the major players as well as the 'juicy' stuff. She also penned a series of well-received Native American historicals. One earned her finalist status in both the Women Writing the West Willa award and Pacific Northwest Booksellers Association. Before discovering romances,...more
More about Vonna Harper...
His Voice, His Command The Cowboy Good Girl Seeks Bad Rider Carnal Slave (Carnal Incorporated #3) Sexy Beast 9 (Sexy Beast #9)