Start by marking “The Mammoth Book of Vampire Romance” as Want to Read:
The Mammoth Book of Vampire Romance

The Mammoth Book of Vampire Romance (Cin Craven 0.5 - The Righteous)

3.56 of 5 stars 3.56  ·  rating details  ·  1,986 ratings  ·  129 reviews
The biggest names in paranormal romance have created a fascinating array of 30 short stories of hot blood and inhuman passions that will leave you thirsting for more. Authors include Sherri Erwin, Caitlin R. Kiernan, Jenna Black, Jenna Maclaine, Raven Hart, Delilah Devlin, Keri Arthur, Kimberly Raye, Alexis Morgan, Lilith Saintcrow, C.T. Adams, Cathy Clamp, Susan Sizemore, ...more
Published July 29th 2008 by Running Press

To ask other readers questions about The Mammoth Book of Vampire Romance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Mammoth Book of Vampire Romance

Julie (jjmachshev)
WOW...if you like romance and if you like vampires, how can you pass this one up? There are 25, that's right 2-5 short stories in this 'mammoth' book! Most of the authors haven't hit the biggest of the big time, but many of them are authors I follow. This isn't a full list...but, there are stories by Jenna Black, Jenna Maclaine, Delilah Devlin, Keri Arthur, Alexis Morgan, Shiloh Walker, Rebecca York, Karen Chance, & Vicki Pettersson, among many others. Some I like a lot, some I just liked, a ...more
♥ Sarah ♥
Fade to Black by Sherri Erwin: (2.5 stars)
This is a story about a woman named Miranda. She's a teacher & is bitten by a student named Connor, who also happens to be a vampire. After she is bitten, her life changes dramatically & she has some major decisions to make.

This started off alright. However, the ending was abrupt & a complete cliffhanger. It makes no sense if she doesn't continue to write a series after this story. Perhaps if it continued & was merely a prequel to a serie
Bookwatcher
AND THE OSCAR GO TO…

The best :
* Dancing With The Star by Susan Sizemore (the ending was perfect and hilarious! Great story)

The worst :
* The Music of the Night, by Amanda Ashley (bored me to dead)

The great deception :
* Dreams, by Keri Arthur (I was expecting more from her)

Best couple :
* The Righteous, by Jenna Maclaine

Good read, and enjoy
Kathy Davie
C.T. Adams & Cathy Clamp's To Ease the Rage was imaginative. Could be interesting as a series.

Keri Arthur's Dreams was ... eyyy...

Amanda Ashely's Music of the Night was lamely sweet. A fairy tale, sorry, vampire take on Phantom of the Opera.

Jenna Black's Fangs for Hire was imaginative but a little too obvious.

Karen Chance's Day of the Dead was interesting. Had a very different take on vampires in Mexico involving Mayan? culture.

Delilah Devlin's Viper's Bite was imaginative; I liked it.

Barbar
Inara
As always in anthologies there were stories I loved and stories I well, didn´t love that much and so I decided only to rate my favorites. For these stories alone the book was worth reading and I will definitely buy "The Mammoth Book of Vampire Romance 2" which is due in September 2009!
Oh, before I forget: my favorite stories were (of course) by Karen Chance, Lilith Saintcrow, Colleen Gleason and Shiloh Walker (actually no surprise there...lol)!
The Flooze
Stories were boring and EXTREMELY amaturish. Authors need to be taught effective POV. Also, just because it's a short story, does not mean that you drop the concepts of beginning, middle, and end.

The more accomplished stories within the anthology belonged to Rebecca York, Jenna Maclaine, Dina James (if it were part of a series), and Karen Chance (I might check out her books).

Overall, don't buy. Get it from the library if you must.
Melindeeloo

Mammoth Book of Vampire Romance - BIG Book, Big Name Authors, Short stories - not all are romances

Yes, the Mammoth Book of Vampire Romances is truly MAMMOTH containing 25 short stories. You'll recognize the names of the most of the 23 well known authors as the writers of your favorite paranormal romance and popular urban fantasy series. Despite the title, only about half of the stories in the book are `romances' though most have some sex, but they do all have vampires and most all have a key el
Elle
Like most people reviewing this there where definitely stories I liked and stories I didn't but I only found myself skipping through the pages on two stories that seemed to include fanciful details that where uninteresting and seemed unrelated. I definitely skipped the last story though. A definite warning to everyone reading that the last story in the book is drastically different and sticks out like a sore thumb!

I thoroughly enjoyed a lot of them and I couldn't pick a favourite! I was surpris
Dina James
Feb 17, 2009 Dina James rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
This book features my debut short story "Play Dead"! It features Nikolai, the Destrati, and introduces the very sexy and unforgettable Kyle. Let me know what you think! Thanks!
Pamela
I'm writing a series of ongoing reviews as I read the stories in this anthology. I'll post links to my reviews as I write them.

Review #1: http://blog.phoenixfyre.net/2008/10/0...
("Fade To Black" by Sherri Erwin & "Ode to Edvard Munch" by Caitlin R. Kiernan; contains spoilers for "Fade To Black")

Review #2: http://blog.phoenixfyre.net/2008/10/0...
("Fangs For Hire" by Jenna Black, "The Righteous" by Jenna Maclaine, "Knowledge of Evil" by Raven Hart, & "Viper's Bite" by Delilah Devlin; conta
Donna
I normally like anthologies as they introduce me to new writers and some (like this one) have stories from my favorite authors that tide me over till thier next book. I don't know if it was just too many stories or if they were just too short but I finished feeling let down.
Suvi
A surprisingly good anthology! :D Didn't like all of the stories, but did enjoy most of them which was a big plus! Viper's Bite comes to mind if I have to choose a favorite. :) Warmly recommended book for all vampire romance lovers! :D
Ann aka Iftcan
I gave this book only 3 stars because some of the stories (forgive the pun) seriously sucked. And not in a good way either. Others were extremely well done, and some were excellent.
Zanica
This book really annoyed me. It's like soon as I get into a story its over. I've read book simialar to how this one is but it just really annoyed the hell out of me!
Theresa
25 Passionate tales of Vampire Romance. 3 stars for whole book. Hot Blood, Midnight Pleasures and Inhuman Passions. This is one Trisha Telep’s anthologies.

1)‘Fade to Black’ by Sherri Erwin. 5 stars. Unusually interesting. Middle-aged romantic poetry teacher gets infected by vampirism. She's kidnapped to a private island and must choose between a cure or exploring the world forever.

2)‘Ode to Edvard Munch’ by Caitlin R Kiernan. 2 stars. Very short strange story about a piano player and a myster
Serena
Dancing with the Star (by Susan Sizemore) - 3
Play Dead (by Dina James) - 4
In
Lynne weir
The Mammoth book of Vampire Romance. Let’s see what it had to offer...

Book one) Fade to black by Sherri Erwin- Can see it as a complete novel as it leaves many questions unanswered and many facts that I would love elaborated on. (view spoiler) 4 stars. ****

Book
Elizabeth
Nov 29, 2008 Elizabeth marked it as to-read
A collection of short stories:

*** "Fade to Black" - Sherri Erwin - A professor's tryst with a gorgeous student brings a whole new meaning to `unsafe sex' when he infects her with the `vampire' virus. (3 stars - This one was pointless and not a romance, it was all set up and then a too abrupt ending.)

*** "Ode to Evdard Munch" - Caitlin Kiernan - A man shares his blood with a mysterious vamp for a piece of her dreams. (3 stars - no romance and the connection between the leads was odd)

*** "Fangs
Lauren
It's not that I don't like romance, it's that I don't like cliche romance, where the girl who's never fallen in love ends up gaga over a guy she's known for three seconds and the guy is so sparkly (sometimes literally!) and of course he's a bad boy (read good guy who whine and mopes). Unfortunately this book has a lot of cliche. There are a few gems in here, a few heroines who can hold there own and a few guys with some real charm, but unfortunately most of it is oh so blah. I admittedly skipped ...more
is mee... kissa
The Mammoth Book of Vampire Romance includes 25 short stories.
oh, and this is an adult book, it has sex scenes, so if you're looking for a YA read.... this aint it.

Fade To Black | Sherri Erwin -a professor has a tryst with one of her undead students and becomes infected with the vampire virus \ 1.5 stars
this story did not start out well for me, and it ended even worse. Everything moved so quickly, like the author was trying to pack everything she wanted into it, but didn't have enough space to w
Lianne
I didn't enjoy this anthology as much as The Mammoth Book of Paranormal Romance, mostly because there weren't enough gems in it. I do love a good vampire story, but I guess urban fantasies have spoilt me, because I know there's more interesting stuff out there now, more creatures far more fascinating than the run-of-the-mill vampire.

On saying that, there were a few stories I did enjoy. Some of the authors did a successful job of twisting vampire lore, even if the romance part of it wasn't really
Marc
This is an anthology containing 25 short stories. One surprise for me is how explicit the sex scenes are in nearly all of the stories. I’m not familiar with the romance genre but had assumed that they the stories would focus on fantasizing rather than fantasy fulfilled meaning it’s not a fantasy any more. It seems a vampire’s life is you look at someone and you barely have time to make it to a bed, screaming and groaning orgasms, and then the vampire bites a very happy and willing partner leadin ...more
Katie
Apr 28, 2013 Katie rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: ebook
This is probably unfair to the rest of the short stories, but I found two of them so repugnant I couldn't rate this collection higher. Specific story ratings (in order from the Kindle version):

Fade to Black by Sherri Erwin
Three stars, interesting start! (view spoiler)

Ode to Edvard Munch by Caitlin R. Kierman
Five stars, a lovely story! Very short.

Fangs for Hire by Jenna Black
Four stars.
Ruth Violet
awesome. out of 25 stories only 6 stories i didnt like. which is awesome. i discovered writers i hadnt read any from and my fav i already like. i think the fav one was amanda ashley's. the music of the night. phantom of the opera need i saw more. in the story she was obsessed with phantom of the opera. that is soo me. and then found out he was a vampire. that was awesome.
these are the stories that were awesome:fade to black-sherri erwin,fangs for hire-jenna black,the righteous-jenna maclaine,kn
Rhianna
A savory collection of vampire tales of love and lust, THE MAMMOTH BOOK OF VAMPIRE ROMANCE, is a terrific sampler for fans of both the paranormal romance and urban fantasy genres. With offerings from some of the new big names in the vampire sub I highly recommend this for other readers who are seeking a taste of new authors. Others, not looking for new authors, might enjoy the few that tie into current series. To keep things brief let me offer information on each short story...

[FADE TO BLACK:]
Mav
Jan 28, 2010 Mav marked it as dnf
Shelves: romance, vampires
Only reading for Lilith Saintcrowe's stories, but, knowing me, I'll pick this up every now and then and read a story from it.

"Fade to Black" - Sherri Erwin
"Viper's Bite" - Delilah Devlin
"Dreams" - Kerri Arthur
"Love Bites" - Kimberly Raye
"What's at Stake"
"Coming Home" - Lilith Saintcrow (4/5)
For readers of the Dante Valentine series, this story is a much desired g
Megan
This is a huge anthology of vampire romance. There are 25 short stories contained in this anthology. I personally am reading it only for Amanda Ashley's short story. I am curious to see if there are any good short stories that can be told in about 20-25 pages. These short stories need to be edited so bad! Ms. Telep obviously did not do her job very well. There are grammatical and technical errors everywhere! That makes it very distracting to read these stories (at least for me).
"Fade to Black"
Reetta Saine
Teki mieli kokeilla toleranssia ja addiktion syvyyttä - 510 sivua. Kaikkihan tietävät, mistä puhumme kun puhumme vampyyriromansseista.

Muutama hampaallinen harlekiini, paljon kahisevia silkkilakanoita ja nöpöttäviä ihankaikkia, mutta joukkoon mahtui myös iloisia yllätyksiä.

Jenna Blackin palkkamurhaaja muistuttaa hiukan Janet Evanovichin Stephanieta, Savannah Russen seksistisen luuserihammaslääkärin Overbite-kehitystarina huvitti ja Rachel Vincentin novelli Midday Manglerista, hullusta sarjamurhaa
Mikky
I had planned to give this 3/5 stars as some stories were better than others, but as I was getting to the end, it got quite boring, so I only managed to read the first couple of pages of each story before my mind wandered off.

I think I remember 2 or 3 stories (out of 25!) that i quite enjoyed reading. The rest were quite average, and some I had no idea what was going on in the first couple of pages so I skipped a few stories.

I started reading this i thought it would be nice to read a different
  • The Mammoth Book of Hot Romance
  • Huntress (Cin Craven #3.5, Black London #1.5)
  • Chicks Kick Butt
  • First Blood (Includes: Laws Of The Blood, #5.5; Vegas Vampires, #5; Vampire Babylon, #2.5; The Guardians, #3.5)
  • Inked (World of the Lupi, #4.7)
  • Four Dukes and a Devil
  • Evolve: Vampire Stories of the New Undead
  • Holiday With A Vampire: Christmas Cravings / Fate Calls (The Calling #6.5)
  • Night's Edge
  • Hotter Than Hell (The Hollows, #4.5)
  • Over The Moon (Mageverse, #3.5)
  • Weddings from Hell (Night Huntress, #1.5; Brotherhood of Blood, #3.5; Nicki Styx, #2.5)
  • No Rest for the Witches (Nightcreature, #7.5) (Magic, #3.5) (The Others, #3.5)
  • Blood Lite II: Overbite  (Otherworld Stories, #10.2)
  • Strange Brew
  • By Blood We Live
  • Bespelling Jane Austen
  • Running with the Pack
Trisha Telep was the romance and fantasy book buyer at Murder One, a London crime, mystery, and romance bookstore; she's now co-owner of the virtual bookstore www.murderone.co.uk and an editor of romance and supernatural anthologies for Mammoth. Originally from Vancouver, Canada, she now lives in London.
More about Trisha Telep...
The Eternal Kiss: 13 Vampire Tales of Blood and Desire The Mammoth Book of Paranormal Romance Kiss Me Deadly: 13 Tales of Paranormal Love Corsets & Clockwork: 13 Steampunk Romances The Mammoth Book of Vampire Romance 2: Love Bites

“And do you not think less of me for making my fortune in
such a way?” After all, her own sister did.
He gave her an odd look. “There is no shame in being the
mistress of a king. It’s a position of great power and influence. I think less of Louis for letting you go.”
3 likes