Start by marking “Yozakura Quartet 1 (Yozakura Quartet, #1)” as Want to Read:
Yozakura Quartet 1 (Yozakura Quartet, #1)

Yozakura Quartet 1 (Yozakura Quartet #1)

3.66  ·  Rating Details  ·  106 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
SUPERTEENS!

Hime is a superheroine. Ao can read minds. Kotoha can conjure up anything with the right word. And Akina . . . well, he’s just a regular guy, surrounded by three supergirls! Together, they protect the town of Sakurashin. But that’s not easy, as the town faces demon dogs and other supernatural threats!
Published February 26th 2008 by Del Rey (first published January 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Yozakura Quartet 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Yozakura Quartet 1

Death Note, Vol. 1 by Tsugumi OhbaVampire Knight, Vol. 1 by Matsuri HinoOne Piece, Volume 01 by Eiichiro OdaSkip Beat!, Vol. 01 by Yoshiki NakamuraCase Closed, Vol. 1 by Gosho Aoyama
Best Manga Author
45th out of 164 books — 154 voters
Dawn of the Arcana, Vol. 01 by Rei TōmaOuran High School Host Club, Vol. 1 by Bisco HatoriVampire Knight, Vol. 1 by Matsuri HinoBleach, Volume 01 by Tite KuboSkip Beat!, Vol. 02 by Yoshiki Nakamura
Manga read in 2012
32nd out of 149 books — 29 voters

More lists with this book...

Conan Tigard
Nov 18, 2015 Conan Tigard rated it really liked it
Yozakura Quartet: Volume 1 is an interesting read that left me a little confused the first time through it. Sometimes, in big battle scenes, it is very hard to tell what is going on. And then when the dialog fails to fully explain what is going on, I sometimes feel left out in the dark with no flashlight. But leafing back through it for this review, I was better able to understand what was going on.

The artwork is very good and the concept has a lot of potential.

The main problem I was having th
Mehsi
I saw the anime (all of them) when they aired. I already had Volume 2 and 3 for this manga, but I couldn't find Volume 1. So you can imagine how happy I was when I found it.

The manga is really fun, it is all kind of short stories, which make up one big story. There were enough new parts, considering the anime didn't cover everything.

I loved the story about the dog and the Germany trip the most. Poor Kotoha though, wanting to go on a trip to Germany and then that happens. I am sure she will get
Nick
May 13, 2008 Nick rated it liked it
Overall Rating: B-
Synopsis: A supernatural comedy manga created by Suzuhito Yasuda, the series follows the members of the Hiizumi Seikatsu Soudan Jimusho (Hiizumi's Everyday-life Consultation Office), a group of three women with superpowers and one normal guy. As Del Ray (the publisher) puts it, "Hime is a superheroine. Ao can read minds. Kotoha can conjure up anything with the right word. And Akina . . . well, he’s just a regular guy..."

In addition to being a superheroine, Hime is also the mayo
kittenpolyps
Sep 01, 2014 kittenpolyps rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga, 2014-reads
Having watched both of the anime series and read all five volumes that have been translated and I can easily say that Yozakura Quartet is one of my favorite series.
Combining a creative and original universe with a diverse and well developed cast, I found the series to be unique and extremely entertaining.
The story contains the perfect ratio supernatural/fantasy/action elements and slice-of-life moments and ranges from funny and lighthearted to intense and heart wrenching.
I hope that Kodansha
Nick
Aug 18, 2008 Nick rated it it was ok
The artwork was so much better than the story, which may be because the creator is primarily an artist. The notes in the book explain the difficulties the editor had with various early versions of this story, and I think that the editor needed to keep on top of the problem a little longer. The story is rushed and incoherent, and never lives up to the art.
I THINK the story is about a city in which supernatural things are occurring, including demonic possessions. I THINK that a small group of teen
Rachel
Sep 23, 2014 Rachel rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
I picked up the first \ volume of this series from 2006 from my local library, I needed a break from novels and this seemed like a cute series. The main characters have super powers (all but the young boy in the series) that they use to help catch murderers. My favorite power (besides the one with cats ears, so cute) was one girl who can make things happen with her words alone. It wasn't my all time favorite manga but it was fun to read.

I recommend checking this series out, it is super cute and
Robin
Feb 19, 2008 Robin rated it liked it
I thought this book was a solid start to a new series (and as always, Del Rey is deliciously lovely in its layout, packaging, and translation notes). I'm not quite sure where it's all going, but I really loved the art style (less cute and detailed, more action oriented and clear lines). I'm hoping the second volume will deepen the story a bit. All in all, though, a nice crossover book that should appeal to both girl and guy manga fans.
ribbonknight
Jan 07, 2012 ribbonknight rated it really liked it
I'm definitely glad that I watched the anime series before reading the first volume of the manga. The manga doesn't do much to set up the world or the characters, and I think that without already having been grounded in the anime, I wouldn't have understood what was going on.

I'm looking forward to reading more of the series, to see what happens after the anime ended.
Misa Niranon
Oct 15, 2012 Misa Niranon rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own
So far, I'm thinking that it's pretty good.
This book was one of the books that I got for free at some school thing and I was pretty happy to find manga!
I've started to watch the anime, too, and so far, so good.

I've been looking for a scarf just like Hime-chan's! Maybe I'll cosplay as her for an upcoming anime convention.
Lord
Mar 27, 2010 Lord rated it did not like it
Shelves: manga
I wonder why Del Rey has so many amazing title but also so many amazingly bad titles. Yozakura Quartet belongs to the second category. I couldn't get past half the book.
Trip
Jan 11, 2009 Trip rated it liked it
The premise is kind of silly, and many of the stories are silly, but some are kind of dark. Also, I want a town with giant magic pillars.
Alyssa
Oct 13, 2012 Alyssa rated it really liked it
One of my favorites!
Rose
Rose marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2016
Annie Tevis
Annie Tevis rated it really liked it
Jul 31, 2016
Lena F.
Lena F. rated it really liked it
Jul 06, 2016
Chloe
Chloe added it
Jul 05, 2016
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2016
Anna
Anna marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2016
Rae
Rae added it
May 09, 2016
Jessica
Jessica rated it it was ok
Apr 30, 2016
Anna
Anna marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2016
Kelly
Kelly added it
Mar 07, 2016
Peyton Price
Peyton Price rated it really liked it
Feb 16, 2016
Mattpain
Mattpain marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2016
Martin Alexander
Martin Alexander marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2016
Kelsey
Kelsey marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2016
Animalpet
Animalpet rated it really liked it
Jan 20, 2016
Shannon McNinch
Shannon McNinch rated it really liked it
Jan 20, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Shounen Manga Boo...: Yozakura Quartet Discussion 16 9 Oct 19, 2013 11:28AM

Yozakura Quartet (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Yozakura Quartet 2 (Yozakura Quartet, #2)
  • Yozakura Quartet 3 (Yozakura Quartet, #3)
  • Yozakura Quartet 4 (Yozakura Quartet, #4)
  • Yozakura Quartet 5 (Yozakura Quartet, #5)
  • Yozakura Quartet 6 (Yozakura Quartet, #6)
  • Yozakura Quartet 7 (Yozakura Quartet, # 7)
  • Yozakura Quartet 08 (Yozakura Quartet, # 8)
  • Yozakura Quartet 09 (Yozakura Quartet, # 9)
  • Yozakura Quartet 10 (Yozakura Quartet, # 10)
  • Yozakura Quartet vol. 11 (Yozakura Quartet, # 11)