Start by marking “Yozakura Quartet 1 (Yozakura Quartet, #1)” as Want to Read:
Yozakura Quartet 1 (Yozakura Quartet, #1)

Yozakura Quartet 1 (Yozakura Quartet)

3.64 of 5 stars 3.64  ·  rating details  ·  97 ratings  ·  12 reviews
SUPERTEENS!

Hime is a superheroine. Ao can read minds. Kotoha can conjure up anything with the right word. And Akina . . . well, he’s just a regular guy, surrounded by three supergirls! Together, they protect the town of Sakurashin. But that’s not easy, as the town faces demon dogs and other supernatural threats!
Paperback, English Edition, 224 pages
Published February 26th 2008 by Del Rey (first published January 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Yozakura Quartet 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Yozakura Quartet 1

Death Note, Vol. 1 by Tsugumi OhbaVampire Knight, Vol. 01 by Matsuri HinoSkip Beat!, Vol. 01 by Yoshiki NakamuraOne Piece, Volume 01 by Eiichiro OdaCase Closed, Vol. 1 by Gosho Aoyama
Best Manga/Anime Author
24th out of 132 books — 123 voters
Dawn of the Arcana, Vol. 01 by Rei TōmaOuran High School Host Club, Vol. 1 by Bisco HatoriVampire Knight, Vol. 01 by Matsuri HinoSkip Beat!, Vol. 02 by Yoshiki NakamuraBleach Volume 01 by Tite Kubo
Manga read in 2012
34th out of 149 books — 29 voters

More lists with this book...

Mehsi
I saw the anime (all of them) when they aired. I already had Volume 2 and 3 for this manga, but I couldn't find Volume 1. So you can imagine how happy I was when I found it.

The manga is really fun, it is all kind of short stories, which make up one big story. There were enough new parts, considering the anime didn't cover everything.

I loved the story about the dog and the Germany trip the most. Poor Kotoha though, wanting to go on a trip to Germany and then that happens. I am sure she will get
ribbonknight
I'm definitely glad that I watched the anime series before reading the first volume of the manga. The manga doesn't do much to set up the world or the characters, and I think that without already having been grounded in the anime, I wouldn't have understood what was going on.

I'm looking forward to reading more of the series, to see what happens after the anime ended.
Alyssa
One of my favorites!
Vicki
Just couldn't get into this one - found myself trying hard to make it through just one volume, which is never a good sign.

The main reason for this was that the book was pretty confusing - the characters looked very similar so I couldn't always tell who was who. The author didn't say/show an awful lot about the setup of the world/town these characters lived in either, which on the one hand made it a bit infuriating as I was wondering why certain things were happening, and on the other hand made m
Nick
May 13, 2008 Nick rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: manga
Overall Rating: B-
Synopsis: A supernatural comedy manga created by Suzuhito Yasuda, the series follows the members of the Hiizumi Seikatsu Soudan Jimusho (Hiizumi's Everyday-life Consultation Office), a group of three women with superpowers and one normal guy. As Del Ray (the publisher) puts it, "Hime is a superheroine. Ao can read minds. Kotoha can conjure up anything with the right word. And Akina . . . well, he’s just a regular guy..."

In addition to being a superheroine, Hime is also the mayo
kittenpolyps
Having watched both of the anime series and read all five volumes that have been translated and I can easily say that Yozakura Quartet is one of my favorite series.
Combining a creative and original universe with a diverse and well developed cast, I found the series to be unique and extremely entertaining.
The story contains the perfect ratio supernatural/fantasy/action elements and slice-of-life moments and ranges from funny and lighthearted to intense and heart wrenching.
I hope that Kodansha
Nick
The artwork was so much better than the story, which may be because the creator is primarily an artist. The notes in the book explain the difficulties the editor had with various early versions of this story, and I think that the editor needed to keep on top of the problem a little longer. The story is rushed and incoherent, and never lives up to the art.
I THINK the story is about a city in which supernatural things are occurring, including demonic possessions. I THINK that a small group of teen
Rachel
I picked up the first \ volume of this series from 2006 from my local library, I needed a break from novels and this seemed like a cute series. The main characters have super powers (all but the young boy in the series) that they use to help catch murderers. My favorite power (besides the one with cats ears, so cute) was one girl who can make things happen with her words alone. It wasn't my all time favorite manga but it was fun to read.

I recommend checking this series out, it is super cute and
Robin
I thought this book was a solid start to a new series (and as always, Del Rey is deliciously lovely in its layout, packaging, and translation notes). I'm not quite sure where it's all going, but I really loved the art style (less cute and detailed, more action oriented and clear lines). I'm hoping the second volume will deepen the story a bit. All in all, though, a nice crossover book that should appeal to both girl and guy manga fans.
Misa Niranon
So far, I'm thinking that it's pretty good.
This book was one of the books that I got for free at some school thing and I was pretty happy to find manga!
I've started to watch the anime, too, and so far, so good.

I've been looking for a scarf just like Hime-chan's! Maybe I'll cosplay as her for an upcoming anime convention.
Lord
Mar 27, 2010 Lord rated it 1 of 5 stars
Shelves: manga
I wonder why Del Rey has so many amazing title but also so many amazingly bad titles. Yozakura Quartet belongs to the second category. I couldn't get past half the book.
Trip
The premise is kind of silly, and many of the stories are silly, but some are kind of dark. Also, I want a town with giant magic pillars.
Trez
Trez marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2014
Lena
Lena marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2014
Dennis Glaser
Dennis Glaser marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2014
Chris
Chris marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2014
Cathrine
Cathrine marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2014
Steven
Steven marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Shounen Manga Boo...: Yozakura Quartet Discussion 16 9 Oct 19, 2013 11:28AM
Yozakura Quartet 2 (Yozakura Quartet, #2) Yozakura Quartet 3 (Yozakura Quartet, #3) Maid Machinegun: A Novel Yozakura Quartet 4 (Yozakura Quartet, #4) Yozakura Quartet 5 (Yozakura Quartet, #5)