Tears Of Renegade (Air Mata Sang Pemberontak)

Tears Of Renegade (Air Mata Sang Pemberontak)

3.46 of 5 stars 3.46  ·  rating details  ·  1,541 ratings  ·  46 reviews
Keluarga Blackstone sangat berkuasa di Mississippi. Sampai datang Cord Blackstone, si kambing hitam yang datang untuk membalas keluarga itu karena telah merampas haknya.

Susan Blackstone menikahi putra kesayangan keluarga tersebut, tapi lantas ditinggal mati. Namun ia berhasil bertahan, mengelola bisnis keluarga, dan meraih kasih sayang serta dukungan keluarga almarhum suam...more
Published 2007 by Gramedia Pustaka Utama (first published 1985)

Meredith
Hunh???

Basic Premise: Cord Blackstone is the black sheep of the Blackstone family. (Got enough "black" in there for ya?)
Susan Blackstone is the widow of his cousin and she's graceful and demure (hmmm. I sense a theme) and kind of a massive wuss.

I don't have a damn clue where the title came from, by the way. Why do I feel like that title should go on a Native American story?

This is not one of Howard's best. First, I am not enamored of Susan. She's typical of these throwback heroines--naive and s...more
Mombo
I have to say I started off not loving this book but the ending made up for it enormously. On the negative side, I'm not a fan of men who wear beards, vengeful men, scheming wealthy men, and men who say up front they only want sex from the women they're involved with which, of course, Cord was. I'm also not a fan of women who put up with ALL of the above.

On the plus side, I liked Susan who was caught so hopelessly between Preston and Cord, her strength of character, her hard work and determinati...more
Pınar
Bir ara hiç bitmeyecek sandım. Sadece diyalogları okudum ama yok Linda polisiye yazsın, bu tarz ona uymamış.
Sayuri_x
Heroine bugged the ever living shit out of me.

Linda Howard - humour = rubbish
İlkim
Bu yorumu Kitap Esintisi sayfasında bulabilirsiniz.

Linda'nın bu romanı beni pek etkilemedi. Olaylar sevilmeyen kuzen Cord'un baloya gelmesiyle başlıyor ve asıl kızımız Susan'ın kayın biraderi Preston ile savaşmalarını anlatıyor. Bu savaş tamamen şirket üzerinden oluyor, Cord onları iflasa sürüklemeye çalışıyor ama asıl amacı şirket yönetimini ele geçirmek. Aralarındaki husumetle birbirlerini tüketmeye çalışırlarken asıl etkilenen Sarah oluyor çünkü Preston bir noktadan sonra çıkıp gidiyor. Sara...more
Amelia-Irene
Although I usually really enjoy Linda Howard's bookks, this book I had a hard time getting into, the first time I read it and again when I just re-read it. Although the heroine has some backbone, I still found myself wanting to shake a little more into her & I wanted to tell her in-laws to stop being so self center/selfish in their relationships. I could see where the hero was coming from and really could cheer him on after seeing how his family (the heroine's in-laws) treated him. Read it a...more
Kristin
This book was 3.5 stars to me. I had trouble placing the time period for the beginning of this book, at times it felt victorian as it starts in a ballroom, and other times it felt very modern; this lack of clarity left me floundering a bit without context. The story follows Susan, a young widow, who is very close to her late husband's wealthy Blackstone family. Since her husbands death she has helped run Blackstone Corporation and become a respected figure in her southern city. The book begins w...more
Lauren
I have so many problems with this book. I really love Linda Howard. I think her women are generally sassy and fabulous and her men are strong and intelligent. She has a great sense of humor and is exceptionally creative. There's suspense, romance, strength and warmth. Good stuff.

Then you have Tears of the Renegade, which is not a romance. This is a story about obsession, lust, betrayal and It's a quasi-suspense. Those can be fun... if you like the characters. Here, the characters piss me off. C...more
Dana
Susan and Cord

Obviously one of LH's earlier works (What was up with romance novels in the 80s? Good grief.) Not amazing, but a quick read. I think this shows promise of what LH will turn into as an author, she's one of my favorites. I give it a weak 3 stars.
Pam H
Susan Blackstone, widow of Vance, is taken with the dark, handsome man who has just arrived at the party. She is unaware that this is Cord, cousin to her husband and his brother, Preston and he is crashing the party. Spotting a potential confrontation, she invites the stranger to dance with her. She doesnt realize that this will be the beginning of a new direction in her life.

Cord has come back to his hometown to face the gossip and make it known that he will not be run out of town or made a fo...more
HÜLYA
Kasırga Sessizliği-Linda Howard

Bu ayki Harlequin Stars Of Romance serisinde okudugum Linda Howard'ın Kasirga Sessizliğine bayıldim bu yazarı seviyorum bence onu okumak bir ayrıcalik.

Her zamanki gibi kalemini konusturmus.Harlequin umarim yazarimizın kitaplarıni daha sık yayınlar.

Hikayemiz ise aile içi çekişme,hırslari,ask ve tutkuyu icinde barındıran cok güzel bir hikaye idi.

Cord Blackstone ailenin kötü çocugu idi. Yillar once neden oldugu bir skandaldan sonra ilk defa kasabaya geliyordu. Döndüg...more
Gramedia Pustaka Utama
Cord Blackstone datang kembali ke Missippi untuk merebut kembali haknya yang telah di rampas oleh keluarganya. Kedatangannya kembali membuatnya harus bertemu dengan menantu Blackstone Susan yang menikah dengan sepupu Cord, Vance.
Ternyata Preston, sepupu Cord telah mencuri uang Cord selama ini sehingga Cord menuntut kembali uang yang telah dicuri Preston. Tapi sayang hasil penjualah saham dan barang berharga milik Susan pribadi tidak mampu menutupi hutang itu.
Susan yang sejak pertama kali meliha...more
Tina
Early Linda Howard Silhouette that didn't wear well for me.

I don't think I'd read this one back in the day. Many of LH's old silhouettes actually do hold up well, I can go back and re-read Mackenzie's Mountain, for instance, and enjoy it as much as when I first read it.

This one, though, doesn't work as well for me. It actually starts out quite well with dark, brooding anti-hero and black sheep of the family Cord Blackstone (doesn't that name just reek throbbing manliness?) shows up at a party an...more
Mareli
I'm refreshing LInda Howard books and this morning I read again this story.

I didn't like so much the first time and reading it again I remembered what I didn't like it. The heroine is a sort of saint. So perfect I couldn't like her so much.

The book is an oldie and it shows its age. Not bad but not so good for me.

Lua
3.5 actually
I have been hesitant for a quite a while about reading this book, because I have been disappointed by some of LH books I've read recently and I was really afraid that this would be another disappointment. Instead it was not so. The book is dated, yes. Quite old style. Yes again. But all considering, the story was not bad at all.
What I missed most was the hero POV; almost the whole story revolves around the heroine feelings, who was actually the one giving me the feeling of reading a...more
Indah Threez Lestari
1313th - 2011

Baca judulnya kok malah jadi teringat Reno Raines-nya Lorenzo Lamas. Renegade, gitu... *cuma jadulers yang tahu siapa dia*

Balik ke novelnya, entah kenapa meski biasanya aku suka tokoh-tokoh pemberontak seperti Tristan-nya Brad Pitt di Legends of the Falls, atau ehm, Kapten James Malory, sama sekali tidak tergerak untuk menyukai Renegade di novel ini. Ataupun tokoh utama wanitanya.
Tonya Warner
Susan lived thru the death of her husband. She worked with his family to honor his legacy, making his family and business her own. Meeting his long missing cousin brings her back to life.

Cord had always been the odd-man out in the Blackstone family. Coming back for revenge, he finds his heart in danger from sweet little Susan.

A great story.
Natalya
All the chauvinistic malarkey put my hackles up, very eighties execution with cliches like "she met her small death" dragging it down. Business lady who does needlepoint? says no when she means yes and then loves being overpowered by a big sexy brute? some inane business logic and goofy representation of boardroom drama. After several awful encounters, she decides she's in love... What?
Judy Goodnight
An okay story. The vengeful family drama aspect of the story was wearing when combined with the naïve, pseudo-virginal heroine.
Vanille
La protagonista acabó por completo con mi paciencia. Atacó e insultó repetidamente mi vena feminista.
¿Por qué demonios una mujer cree que su amor (puro, eterno e instantáneo) cambiará un hombre aunque éste parezca insalvable?
NO PUDE CON SUSAN. NO LA SOPORTÉ. Y no estuve de acuerdo con muchas de las decisiones que tomó.
Amar
All i can say is thank God I didn't buy this...hung in there until I found it at a library. One of LH's earlier efforts...only reason I gave it two stars cause LH is my fave author otherwise I wouldn't have even finished it. storyline was too much about the ruthless hero and miserable in her love heroine...arrrgh.
Emily
This is an OLD story by Linda Howard's but is by far, one of the best stories I have ever read. The hero, Cord Blackstone is rough around the edges, trusts no one, and is out for revenge meets Susan Blackstone, widow of his cousin Vance- and there you have it- speak of "keeping it within the family" LOL
Sonal
Though I did enjoy the story,, I wouldn't necessarily read it over and over again. I loved the story and the main character. The book stayed consistent the entire time. But I feel it consisted more of the experiences between the two characters rather than their actual stories.
Ida
A disappointing read since I've liked some of Linda Howard's books. It took too long for the plot to develop. Not enough character development. A rather lame story outline. I did not fall in love with the characters, which a romance novel should do.
Jodie Avery
Good Romance book. Easy read!
Book Him Danno
I love this author and this one is an older book, but not bad. Lots of romance and sexual tention. Not as much sex as some of her older books and I liked the build-up and the characters in thsi book. Short and sweet like romance should be.
Season
A little to sappy for me. I usually really love everything that Ms. Howard writes, but this one missed its mark for me. It was to overly romantic and enough of storyline to really hold my interest.
  • Blue Sage (Western Lovers: Ranch Rogues, #2)
  • Hawk O'Toole's Hostage
  • Upon a Midnight Clear: The Teacher / Christmas Magic / Jolly Holly / If Only In My Dreams / White Out
  • In Serena's Web (Hagen Series #1)
  • Rage of Passion
  • Return to Santa Flores (Loveswept, #40)
  • Falling For Sarah (The Bodyguards Of L.A. County, #2)
  • Contract Baby (The Husband Hunters, #3)
  • Granite Man (Silhouette Desire, #625)
  • Takedown (The Precinct, #12)
  • Love's Miracles
  • Blade's Lady (Silhouette Intimate Moments, #1023)
  • No Ordinary Man
  • Bought By The Greek Tycoon

Linda S. Howington was born on August 3, 1950 in Alabama, United States. She began to write at nine years old, and wrote for twenty years for her own enjoyment. She worked at a trucking company where she met her husband, and then decided to try and get her work published in 1980. [1:] Her first work was publishe...more
More about Linda Howard...
Mr. Perfect After the Night Dream Man Open Season Mackenzie's Mountain (Mackenzie Family, #1)