Start by marking “Tears Of Renegade (Air Mata Sang Pemberontak)” as Want to Read:
Tears Of Renegade (Air Mata Sang Pemberontak)

Tears Of Renegade (Air Mata Sang Pemberontak)

3.49 of 5 stars 3.49  ·  rating details  ·  1,831 ratings  ·  61 reviews
Keluarga Blackstone sangat berkuasa di Mississippi. Sampai datang Cord Blackstone, si kambing hitam yang datang untuk membalas keluarga itu karena telah merampas haknya.

Susan Blackstone menikahi putra kesayangan keluarga tersebut, tapi lantas ditinggal mati. Namun ia berhasil bertahan, mengelola bisnis keluarga, dan meraih kasih sayang serta dukungan keluarga almarhum suam
Published 2007 by Gramedia Pustaka Utama (first published 1985)

To ask other readers questions about Tears Of Renegade, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tears Of Renegade

MelissaB
** 3.5 stars **

Early Linda Howard, not as good as most of her books.
Lisa Kay
Early LH, so a bit dated, and a Harlequin quickie, too. Still, pretty good. You can see shades of the author to come. ...more
Meredith
Hunh???

Basic Premise: Cord Blackstone is the black sheep of the Blackstone family. (Got enough "black" in there for ya?)
Susan Blackstone is the widow of his cousin and she's graceful and demure (hmmm. I sense a theme) and kind of a massive wuss.

I don't have a damn clue where the title came from, by the way. Why do I feel like that title should go on a Native American story?

This is not one of Howard's best. First, I am not enamored of Susan. She's typical of these throwback heroines--naive and s
Mombo
I have to say I started off not loving this book but the ending made up for it enormously. On the negative side, I'm not a fan of men who wear beards, vengeful men, scheming wealthy men, and men who say up front they only want sex from the women they're involved with which, of course, Cord was. I'm also not a fan of women who put up with ALL of the above.

On the plus side, I liked Susan who was caught so hopelessly between Preston and Cord, her strength of character, her hard work and determinati
Glamdring

*Buddy read with Blacky <3<3<3*

The hero was super hot! And the way he dances... *fan myself*
Pınar
Bir ara hiç bitmeyecek sandım. Sadece diyalogları okudum ama yok Linda polisiye yazsın, bu tarz ona uymamış.
Sayuri_x
Heroine bugged the ever living shit out of me.

Linda Howard - humour = rubbish
İlkim
Bu yorumu Kitap Esintisi sayfasında bulabilirsiniz.

Linda'nın bu romanı beni pek etkilemedi. Olaylar sevilmeyen kuzen Cord'un baloya gelmesiyle başlıyor ve asıl kızımız Susan'ın kayın biraderi Preston ile savaşmalarını anlatıyor. Bu savaş tamamen şirket üzerinden oluyor, Cord onları iflasa sürüklemeye çalışıyor ama asıl amacı şirket yönetimini ele geçirmek. Aralarındaki husumetle birbirlerini tüketmeye çalışırlarken asıl etkilenen Sarah oluyor çünkü Preston bir noktadan sonra çıkıp gidiyor. Sara
Amelia-Irene
Although I usually really enjoy Linda Howard's bookks, this book I had a hard time getting into, the first time I read it and again when I just re-read it. Although the heroine has some backbone, I still found myself wanting to shake a little more into her & I wanted to tell her in-laws to stop being so self center/selfish in their relationships. I could see where the hero was coming from and really could cheer him on after seeing how his family (the heroine's in-laws) treated him. Read it a ...more
Kristin
This book was 3.5 stars to me. I had trouble placing the time period for the beginning of this book, at times it felt victorian as it starts in a ballroom, and other times it felt very modern; this lack of clarity left me floundering a bit without context. The story follows Susan, a young widow, who is very close to her late husband's wealthy Blackstone family. Since her husbands death she has helped run Blackstone Corporation and become a respected figure in her southern city. The book begins w ...more
Lauren
I have so many problems with this book. I really love Linda Howard. I think her women are generally sassy and fabulous and her men are strong and intelligent. She has a great sense of humor and is exceptionally creative. There's suspense, romance, strength and warmth. Good stuff.

Then you have Tears of the Renegade, which is not a romance. This is a story about obsession, lust, betrayal and It's a quasi-suspense. Those can be fun... if you like the characters. Here, the characters piss me off. C
Dana
Susan and Cord

Obviously one of LH's earlier works (What was up with romance novels in the 80s? Good grief.) Not amazing, but a quick read. I think this shows promise of what LH will turn into as an author, she's one of my favorites. I give it a weak 3 stars.
Emily Higgins
Susan Blackstone's husband died five years ago. Susan has taken his place in running the family business. She is known for her calm, serene demeanor. One evening, family black sheep, Cord Blackstone makes an appearance at a dinner party. Susan had been unaware of his existence, but she is strongly attracted to him. Cord is determined to ruin his cousin, Susan's business partner, and Cord's aunt because of the way they treated him years ago. This novel is very slow. I find it hard to believe that ...more
Buttercup
I have read many of her books but this was really bad, there was so little of the story I skipped through so much just to get to the end....of course there is the fact that I am really not a fan of beards but a mustache without a beard is even worse. Made me think of the shopkeepers in wild west movies that a so obviously not the heroes. I found it had to forgive him being an ass with a fluffy mustache in my mental eye. I think Linda is better with drama and intrigue not day to day life.....and ...more
Pam H
Susan Blackstone, widow of Vance, is taken with the dark, handsome man who has just arrived at the party. She is unaware that this is Cord, cousin to her husband and his brother, Preston and he is crashing the party. Spotting a potential confrontation, she invites the stranger to dance with her. She doesnt realize that this will be the beginning of a new direction in her life.

Cord has come back to his hometown to face the gossip and make it known that he will not be run out of town or made a fo
HÜLYA
Kasırga Sessizliği-Linda Howard

Bu ayki Harlequin Stars Of Romance serisinde okudugum Linda Howard'ın Kasirga Sessizliğine bayıldim bu yazarı seviyorum bence onu okumak bir ayrıcalik.

Her zamanki gibi kalemini konusturmus.Harlequin umarim yazarimizın kitaplarıni daha sık yayınlar.

Hikayemiz ise aile içi çekişme,hırslari,ask ve tutkuyu icinde barındıran cok güzel bir hikaye idi.

Cord Blackstone ailenin kötü çocugu idi. Yillar once neden oldugu bir skandaldan sonra ilk defa kasabaya geliyordu. Döndüg
Gramedia Pustaka Utama
Cord Blackstone datang kembali ke Missippi untuk merebut kembali haknya yang telah di rampas oleh keluarganya. Kedatangannya kembali membuatnya harus bertemu dengan menantu Blackstone Susan yang menikah dengan sepupu Cord, Vance.
Ternyata Preston, sepupu Cord telah mencuri uang Cord selama ini sehingga Cord menuntut kembali uang yang telah dicuri Preston. Tapi sayang hasil penjualah saham dan barang berharga milik Susan pribadi tidak mampu menutupi hutang itu.
Susan yang sejak pertama kali meliha
Tina
Early Linda Howard Silhouette that didn't wear well for me.

I don't think I'd read this one back in the day. Many of LH's old silhouettes actually do hold up well, I can go back and re-read Mackenzie's Mountain, for instance, and enjoy it as much as when I first read it.

This one, though, doesn't work as well for me. It actually starts out quite well with dark, brooding anti-hero and black sheep of the family Cord Blackstone (doesn't that name just reek throbbing manliness?) shows up at a party an
Mareli
I'm refreshing LInda Howard books and this morning I read again this story.

I didn't like so much the first time and reading it again I remembered what I didn't like it. The heroine is a sort of saint. So perfect I couldn't like her so much.

The book is an oldie and it shows its age. Not bad but not so good for me.

Anita
Really enjoy those romances where the hero screws up and ends up hurting the heroine so bad that always comes up with ways to grovel and make it to the Heroine. Even the times where I have to put down the book in the most painful moments and walk away and stop the tears from falling and take a breath and return to the book.
Europa
I read this between Hudson and Ugly Love. Served me more than just a breather. I almost forgot that Linda Howard is a master writer of super alpha males. :)
Cathy Beckett
Actual rating was 3.5 out of 5. I liked the storyline and the characters. The story moved quickly and for an older book the love scenes were well written.
Lua
3.5 actually
I have been hesitant for a quite a while about reading this book, because I have been disappointed by some of LH books I've read recently and I was really afraid that this would be another disappointment. Instead it was not so. The book is dated, yes. Quite old style. Yes again. But all considering, the story was not bad at all.
What I missed most was the hero POV; almost the whole story revolves around the heroine feelings, who was actually the one giving me the feeling of reading a
Kittenlittle
อานในเวอรชันไทย 'รักประกาศิต' ...more
Romina
Corny central Alert!
Ren
Edisi baca masa kuliahan dulu. Pinjem di rental, dan waktu itu emang lagi ngefans Linda Howard (sekarang juga masih sih)

Yang diingat adegan Susan dan Cord bercinta di mobil mereka (kalau ga salah brand mobilnya namanya Blaze), terus si Susan hamil karena itu. Si Cord bercanda kalau anaknya mau dinamain Blaze :))

Pasti deh Ren ini, ingatnya adegan uhuk-ihik-ehem :))

Secara cerita, hampir sama kayak ceritanya Gray yang After the Night itu. Hero black sheep, jerk dan minta ditendang sampai ke bulan.
Indah Threez Lestari
1313th - 2011

Baca judulnya kok malah jadi teringat Reno Raines-nya Lorenzo Lamas. Renegade, gitu... *cuma jadulers yang tahu siapa dia*

Balik ke novelnya, entah kenapa meski biasanya aku suka tokoh-tokoh pemberontak seperti Tristan-nya Brad Pitt di Legends of the Falls, atau ehm, Kapten James Malory, sama sekali tidak tergerak untuk menyukai Renegade di novel ini. Ataupun tokoh utama wanitanya.
  • Blue Sage (Western Lovers: Ranch Rogues, #2)
  • Living in Sin (Living In..., #2)
  • Love's Miracles
  • Return to Santa Flores (Loveswept, #40)
  • Fall Into Me (Hearts of the South, #7)
  • Vows of Revenge
  • The Surprise Of His Life (Silhouette Special Edition #688)
  • In Serena's Web (Hagen Series #1)
  • Eden Burning
  • Upon a Midnight Clear: The Teacher / Christmas Magic / Jolly Holly / If Only in My Dreams / White Out
  • While She Was Sleeping... (Harlequin Blaze, #533)
  • Uneasy Alliance
  • Stone Destiny (Stone Passions, #3)
  • Undone by His Touch
  • Man of Ice
  • Bewitched: In Too Deep\Married to the Boss
  • Whitehorse
  • Falling For Sarah (The Bodyguards Of L.A. County, #2)

Linda S. Howington is an American best-selling romance author writing under the pseudonym Linda Howard. After 21 years of penning stories for her own enjoyment, she submitted a novel for publication which was very successful. Her first work was published by Silhouette in 1982. She is a charter member of Romance
More about Linda Howard...
Mr. Perfect After the Night Open Season Dream Man Mackenzie's Mountain (Mackenzie Family, #1)